** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling) - Page 1948 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > alternativefactsC


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM   #58411
BTBaboon
 
BTBaboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Yinzburgh
Posts: 7,514

Shows Seen: 23

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
Duly noted, tax policy expert Babboon
A) you're trolling

B) please, let us hear your argument on the merits of a flat tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
After years of seeing Shotty telling people to pick up an Econ 101 book, I think the issue is he doesn't realize there was more classes after that.


Oh well, what do I know about tax policy. I only have a BS in Economics, an MS in Quantitative Finance, 2 levels of CFA passed, and in the process of getting my CPA. I'm just some poor old liberal socialist who just is against these conservative proposals because I'm stubborn; not for any valid reason.

__________________
Looking to buy a turntable and get into vinyl? Below is a link to some recommendations from the Vinyl Collectors Thread!

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=15529
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #58412
    cazzie34
    Suckoffs & Smashbattles
     
    cazzie34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: Where Bucky Roams
    Posts: 10,829

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    flat tax is also known as the FAIR tax, baboon.

    The merits are right in the title. It's FAIR.

    Shotty, I got you on this. No need to go into a long dissertation with sources etc, which I know you would have done.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #58413
    zajDmB1
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: New York City
    Posts: 22,477

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Conyers? Franken?
    Ditto. Go read the sexual assault thread. Plenty of libs calling for them to, or at least saying they should, resign.

    And they also weren't voted for since then. Maybe wait a little and then you can possibly get back on your horse.
    zajDmB1 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #58414
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 34,815

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Another GOP'r caught:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11...o-circulates-/

    And Shaun King posted the photo/text exchange, it's not pleasant but at least his junk is blurred out. (Photo)
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #58415
    cazzie34
    Suckoffs & Smashbattles
     
    cazzie34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: Where Bucky Roams
    Posts: 10,829

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    This could also go in the "irritants" thread but I don't want to post political stuff in that thread.

    I'm irritated that my cousin wrote on facebook that she is blessed to be a Stay at Home Mom. Her husband is a huge Trump supporter. He also is a correctional officer in the california prison system. The only reason why she can be a stay at home mom is because he is in a union. California correctional officers have one of the strongest unions in the country and they make BANK. Way more than correctional officers in other states that don't have a union (I did the research).

    Now I'm not mad he makes bank, I'm mad that he doesn't realize that he is able to live his life because of liberal policies and votes against his own self interest. He should be a true blue democrat but he posts shit all the time about how awesome Trump is and how horrible liberals are.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM   #58416
    zajDmB1
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: New York City
    Posts: 22,477

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Another GOP'r caught:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11...o-circulates-/

    And Shaun King posted the photo/text exchange, it's not pleasant but at least his junk is blurred out. (Photo)
    This is kinda confusing. Did he sent that to a guy? Is that why it's hypocritical...for the anti-LGBT stuff?

    Hate to defend an old repub but if he was separated and everything was consensual..this isn't really a gotcha! Again, unless it was a guy.
    zajDmB1 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #58417
    zajDmB1
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: New York City
    Posts: 22,477

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    This could also go in the "irritants" thread but I don't want to post political stuff in that thread.

    I'm irritated that my cousin wrote on facebook that she is blessed to be a Stay at Home Mom. Her husband is a huge Trump supporter. He also is a correctional officer in the california prison system. The only reason why she can be a stay at home mom is because he is in a union. California correctional officers have one of the strongest unions in the country and they make BANK. Way more than correctional officers in other states that don't have a union (I did the research).

    Now I'm not mad he makes bank, I'm mad that he doesn't realize that he is able to live his life because of liberal policies and votes against his own self interest. He should be a true blue democrat but he posts shit all the time about how awesome Trump is and how horrible liberals are.
    Same story with probably half the NYPD. More than half actually
    zajDmB1 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #58418
    cazzie34
    Suckoffs & Smashbattles
     
    cazzie34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: Where Bucky Roams
    Posts: 10,829

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    Same story with probably half the NYPD. More than half actually
    When Wisconsin passed Act 10, the controversial anti-union bill for public sector workers that Walker proposed right after he got elected, it conveniently exempted prison, firefighter, and police unions.

    Boy, I wonder why?????? Teachers unions can get fucked but we will protect the police unions!
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #58419
    scrock25
     
    scrock25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Posts: 64,326

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Guys, seriously, it's nothing.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #58420
    ShotgunDMB
    ..
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 36,302

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    There's not too many people in manly professions that tilt liberal.
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM   #58421
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 34,815

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    There's not too many people in manly professions that tilt liberal.
    By "manly professions" do you mean general labor jobs, or jobs that don't require/need a college education?

    If so, it's pretty easy to pinpoint that. People who are more highly educated tend to vote liberal/Democrat.

    There's polls on this, as well: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ent-elections/
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #58422
    AJF_41
     
    AJF_41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Posts: 60,669

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    congrats on level 2 BTB!

    that's awesome.

    i did level one 10 years ago, but never kept going.
    __________________
    but where does the meat go?
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #58423
    AJF_41
     
    AJF_41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Posts: 60,669

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    There's not too many people in manly professions that tilt liberal.



    Why do you think that is?

    What are manly jobs?

    (settles in)
    __________________
    but where does the meat go?
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #58424
    ShotgunDMB
    ..
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 36,302

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Support the flat tax because I support everyone having skin in the game, and paying something into the system. A system where half the population lives off the other half, and where a tiny fraction of the population is constantly pillaged and used as politicians personal piggy bank is immoral. Everyone should be treated equallly. Also think having all these loopholes and deductions is silly. Individuals should pay the same rate, businesses, ditto. What you pay shouldn't be determined by how many kids you have, or how many deductions you qualify for. And of course I think it would result in dramatic economic growth. Of course you'd have to exempt a certain % of the population at the lower end from the tax. Ted Cruz had a pretty good plan released during the campaign.
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #58425
    dontdrink36
    Till We Dance Away
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 17,259

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    This is kinda confusing. Did he sent that to a guy? Is that why it's hypocritical...for the anti-LGBT stuff?

    Hate to defend an old repub but if he was separated and everything was consensual..this isn't really a gotcha! Again, unless it was a guy.
    I'm going to guess since he's an R from red state he's pro-christianity, pro-family values, pro legislating morality. If those are true then it would be hypocritical. If he's not publically those things then I agree with you.
    dontdrink36 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #58426
    ShotgunDMB
    ..
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 36,302

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post



    Why do you think that is?

    What are manly jobs?

    (settles in)
    Jobs that require skills, trade jobs, physical labor jobs, cops, firefighters, etc, etc
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #58427
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: Yinzburgh
    Posts: 7,514

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    congrats on level 2 BTB!

    that's awesome.

    i did level one 10 years ago, but never kept going.
    Thanks! Yeah, level 2 was maybe one of the hardest things I've ever done. I have no plans at the moment to go for level 3. Only doing the CPA because I took on some accounting pieces after a re-structure and the company is paying for the courses and certification costs.
    __________________
    Looking to buy a turntable and get into vinyl? Below is a link to some recommendations from the Vinyl Collectors Thread!

    https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=15529
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #58428
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: Yinzburgh
    Posts: 7,514

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Jobs that require skills, trade jobs, physical labor jobs, cops, firefighters, etc, etc
    "Jobs that require skills"

    What happened to you shotty?
    __________________
    Looking to buy a turntable and get into vinyl? Below is a link to some recommendations from the Vinyl Collectors Thread!

    https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=15529
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #58429
    ShotgunDMB
    ..
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 36,302

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post



    Why do you think that is?

    What are manly jobs?

    (settles in)
    Not everybody can be paper pushers and bureaucrats, AJF. A lot of things have to get done in this country that don't involve sitting at a desk. Shocking, I know.
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #58430
    chadizzy1
    Plane Recovery Expert
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 34,815

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Jobs that require skills, trade jobs, physical labor jobs, cops, firefighters, etc, etc


    Gotta have skills

    Last edited by chadizzy1; Yesterday at 11:30 PM.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #58431
    dontdrink36
    Till We Dance Away
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 17,259

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Not everybody can be paper pushers and bureaucrats, AJF. A lot of things have to get done in this country that don't involve sitting at a desk. Shocking, I know.
    Totally agree. But yo characterize those jobs as "manly" is silly. It doesn't make someone less of a man to be educated or work a job that doesn't require labor.
    dontdrink36 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #58432
    mrignatious
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Posts: 11,795

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    :: pulls up a chair::
    mrignatious is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #58433
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: Yinzburgh
    Posts: 7,514

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Not everybody can be paper pushers and bureaucrats, AJF. A lot of things have to get done in this country that don't involve sitting at a desk. Shocking, I know.
    yup, not a single liberal doing anything that requires physical labor. Just pencil pushers!
    __________________
    Looking to buy a turntable and get into vinyl? Below is a link to some recommendations from the Vinyl Collectors Thread!

    https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=15529
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:04 AM   #58434
    zajDmB1
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Location: New York City
    Posts: 22,477

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    What a weird argument

    So I guess we shouldn’t trust any right wing academic ideas, like tax reform, because that’s sissy pencil pusher thinking. Not manly stuff.
    zajDmB1 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:11 AM   #58435
    FromTheMorning
     
    FromTheMorning's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Posts: 10,046

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Unbelievable argument from shotgun, the supporter of sissy liberal lawyer Ted Cruz.
    FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:23 AM   #58436
    CrashDMB237
     
    CrashDMB237's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 25,333

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Jobs that require skills, trade jobs, physical labor jobs, cops, firefighters, etc, etc
    This may be your worst day in the thread. Jobs that require skills

    For what it's worth my job requires skills that don't involve a desk and nearly every person I know on my industry leans liberal.
    CrashDMB237 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:42 AM   #58437
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh
     
    Tiduwho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Posts: 54,272

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via MSN to Tiduwho

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Lol, if you use your brain instead of your braun, you have no place in real politics.

    #shottys world
    __________________

    "And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

    - Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:52 AM   #58438
    JRS1386
    Awful Raffl!
     
    JRS1386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: Outside of Richmond in the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts: 19,181

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Well fuck me, I teach so I don't have a manly job. I hope if I ever have children they can not be ashamed of me
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur View Post
    Your woe is me Caps routine is getting real old. Just enjoy the fact that they are the best team in the NHL.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast View Post
    No one cares about anything you have to say
    JRS1386 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:53 AM   #58439
    JRS1386
    Awful Raffl!
     
    JRS1386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: Outside of Richmond in the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts: 19,181

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    Lol, if you use your brain instead of your braun, you have no place in real politics.

    #shottys world
    brawn

    /yikes
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur View Post
    Your woe is me Caps routine is getting real old. Just enjoy the fact that they are the best team in the NHL.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast View Post
    No one cares about anything you have to say
    JRS1386 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter