Official Grateful Dead Thread - Page 152 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 11-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #4531
TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Grateful Dead Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR View Post
Judging by their logo, it looks like Dead & Co. will be at LOCKN this summer
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c74281d60c.jpg
Sounds like a safe bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #4532
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

What time did they start
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #4533
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

It has been 715 pretty much all tour. Have fun my man.
    mcwyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #4534
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

My shows are on deck! Should be a nice little dessert to this thanksgiving!

Quote:
    Old 11-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #4535
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Really great time over the weekend. Detroit was the better of the two shows.

Had a guy next to us who had been to over 85 dead shows and said it was one of the best sugaree's he's ever heard.

Im definitely gonna buy the detroit show here in a few days.

Quote:
    Old 11-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #4536
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

This tour has been great! I am glad you had a good time!

The setlist from last night looked great too! I wanted to go badly, but it was a week too late!
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #4537
    dmbfd15

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Going to the show in Dallas tonight. Really looking forward to my first (technically second) Dead experience. I saw Bob Weir on his solo tour earlier this year and to my surprise, it was the best show Ive seen all of this year. That being said, I cant wait for tonight. Do they do a poster for each individual show like Phish/DMB?
    dmbfd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #4538
    moosicmaniac

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfd15 View Post
    Going to the show in Dallas tonight. Really looking forward to my first (technically second) Dead experience. I saw Bob Weir on his solo tour earlier this year and to my surprise, it was the best show Ive seen all of this year. That being said, I cant wait for tonight. Do they do a poster for each individual show like Phish/DMB?
    Yup! Here's the poster for tonight: https://i.redd.it/8eb07kd2nb101.jpg
    moosicmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #4539
    dmbfd15

My Tour Central Stats

Can your pre order the poster online? And what time do they usually go on?
    Old 12-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #4540
    Mexicaliblues

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Dead and CO. These guys got me through a year with no DMB. They are fucking outrageous good and getting better all the time.
    Mexicaliblues is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #4541
    Mexicaliblues

My Tour Central Stats

Love how Dead and CO show how really good songs can be timeless and sung/performed by other good artists to keep them alive. Their songs are very much in the tradition of folk music in that they were born of that, and will continue as that. Passing along the torch.

I could see JM doing this even after Bobby goes away. I'm wondering if Bobby is hoping that. To see these songs live on another 50 years.

John, Jeff, and Oteil could easily carry this thing on. Who knows what guy replaces Bobby, but drums for this band are good, but nothing like Carter where it's impossible to replicate by any means.
    Old 12-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #4542
    BTCS_JTR
    The Wilpon's are gone!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mexicaliblues View Post
    Love how Dead and CO show how really good songs can be timeless and sung/performed by other good artists to keep them alive. Their songs are very much in the tradition of folk music in that they were born of that, and will continue as that. Passing along the torch.

I could see JM doing this even after Bobby goes away. I'm wondering if Bobby is hoping that. To see these songs live on another 50 years.

John, Jeff, and Oteil could easily carry this thing on. Who knows what guy replaces Bobby, but drums for this band are good, but nothing like Carter where it's impossible to replicate by any means.
    Scott Metzger would be my first choice.
    Old 12-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #4543
    SpartanPhish87

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

What does everybody think of Mickey's thoughts on Long Strange Trip? https://www.jambase.com/article/mick...ip-documentary

I have to admit I sort of agree with him. I think it's a very solid documentary. I will probably revisit it from time to time. However, the criticism that it became a movie about Jerry dying is pretty fair. I don't think Amir Bar-Lev should have pushed some illusion that the post-1995 projects are "The Grateful Dead", but I think there could have been a much more positive conclusion to the documentary than what he ended up doing. Mickey's right. The Grateful Dead is a positive force in millions of lives. The legacy is that the music endures and that we continue to celebrate our favorite shows, our favorite years. We all breathlessly await the latest Dave's Picks and tune into the Grateful Dead sirius station to hear old stories. We're still seeing this music performed live, whether by JRAD, Phil & Friends, Dead & Company or the local Grateful Dead cover band at the neighborhood bar. The Grateful Dead "brand" is one of the most successful and enduring brands in the history of recorded entertainment. I wish they would have told more of that story than the story of Jerry's demons. The Grateful Dead was so much more than Jerry Garcia in decline.
    SpartanPhish87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-02-2017, 01:34 PM   #4544
    dmbfd15

My Tour Central Stats

What a show. The Here Comes Sunshine>Scarlet Begonias>Fire on the Mountain>Eyes of the World is a top 5 concert stretch for me. John ripped on the Here Comes Sunshine and Oteil owned on Fire on the Mountain. Took the girlfriend to the Shakedown lot before the show and she was done after about 10 minutes . Not quite as laid back as Phish's pre-show IMO but fun none the less. Never thought I'd see two grown men spin a tank of nitrous that was the size of them through a crosswalk in downtown Dallas though. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about seeing them.

Edit: I also forgot, Eyes of the World may be my favorite Grateful Dead song and they DEFINITELY did it justice. They pointed the stage lights to the giant disco ball in the arena during the jam and lit up the venue in a really cool way.

Last edited by dmbfd15; 12-02-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    Old 12-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #4545
    magnumdan
    slow but speeding

Shows Seen: 180

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Just curious aby sites out there to find old ticket stubs? I need Columbus from last week and star lake from the 2016 summer tour.
    firedncr4136 #40
    magnumdan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #4546
    Mexicaliblues

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpartanPhish87 View Post
    What does everybody think of Mickey's thoughts on Long Strange Trip? https://www.jambase.com/article/mick...ip-documentary

I have to admit I sort of agree with him. I think it's a very solid documentary. I will probably revisit it from time to time. However, the criticism that it became a movie about Jerry dying is pretty fair. I don't think Amir Bar-Lev should have pushed some illusion that the post-1995 projects are "The Grateful Dead", but I think there could have been a much more positive conclusion to the documentary than what he ended up doing. Mickey's right. The Grateful Dead is a positive force in millions of lives. The legacy is that the music endures and that we continue to celebrate our favorite shows, our favorite years. We all breathlessly await the latest Dave's Picks and tune into the Grateful Dead sirius station to hear old stories. We're still seeing this music performed live, whether by JRAD, Phil & Friends, Dead & Company or the local Grateful Dead cover band at the neighborhood bar. The Grateful Dead "brand" is one of the most successful and enduring brands in the history of recorded entertainment. I wish they would have told more of that story than the story of Jerry's demons. The Grateful Dead was so much more than Jerry Garcia in decline.
    I completely agree with him. It was a very sad look at Jerry Garcia and the people around him. Not necessarily a complete picture of the Grateful Dead. I get that Jerry sells though, and what non dead heads would most likely find interesting. I've always thought Jerry was a sad guy, even in all the depictions of his persona. His eyes always told the real story.

The doc should have been labeled a Jerry Garcia doc. Maybe it was. He was on the Long Strange Trip. It was his life.

I think The Other One even though focused on Bob, is a much better documentary and I actually learned a lot. Long Strange Trip was a collection of previously known information. Not a lot of insightful stuff going on. It's definitely not a date movie. It's extremely difficult to watch 4 hours of a wonderfully talented human dying a slow self inflicted death.
    Old 12-06-2017, 11:38 PM   #4547
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mexicaliblues View Post
    I completely agree with him. It was a very sad look at Jerry Garcia and the people around him. Not necessarily a complete picture of the Grateful Dead. I get that Jerry sells though, and what non dead heads would most likely find interesting. I've always thought Jerry was a sad guy, even in all the depictions of his persona. His eyes always told the real story.

The doc should have been labeled a Jerry Garcia doc. Maybe it was. He was on the Long Strange Trip. It was his life.

I think The Other One even though focused on Bob, is a much better documentary and I actually learned a lot. Long Strange Trip was a collection of previously known information. Not a lot of insightful stuff going on. It's definitely not a date movie. It's extremely difficult to watch 4 hours of a wonderfully talented human dying a slow self inflicted death.
    Eh, it's one of the best documentys I have ever seen. It brought a shit load of emotions to me. I rarely have every shed a tear for any film. I shed a few during this one. And that was one of the reasons it was great.

I got chill bumps several times during the whole documentary. And that's how I know it was great.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2017, 11:48 PM   #4548
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

So I have been searching eBay for a vintage GD shirts. Man I'm finding some cool ones but damn they are ridiculously priced. People are asking for 50 or 60 on the low end and some folks are asking as high as $200

Heres one that I really like (I used to have it in white) but it looks even better in tie dye. But Jesus it's priced at a ridiculously high
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-XL-Gr...gAAOSw0O5aJ1mO

If a shirt like that was from 20-35$ I would buy it.

Last edited by tyler3440; 12-06-2017 at 11:51 PM.
    Old 12-07-2017, 07:01 AM   #4549
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    So I have been searching eBay for a vintage GD shirts. Man I'm finding some cool ones but damn they are ridiculously priced. People are asking for 50 or 60 on the low end and some folks are asking as high as $200

Heres one that I really like (I used to have it in white) but it looks even better in tie dye. But Jesus it's priced at a ridiculously high

If it doesn't sell message the seller and try to bargain with them. See if you can get them to come down on their price. Worked for me a few times.
    WidespreadMule3 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #4550
    RAPUNZEL13
    They Attack!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post

I have trouble finding shirts too. Is eBay the best place to get good GD shirts? Want to add some to the collection.
    Old 12-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #4551
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

See where the New Orleans show got rescheduled for a Saturday in February. Was that show sold out? I want to try to make it.

With that said, do y'all think they're going to do a small tour early next year around these Feb dates or will these just be one-off shows?
    Old 12-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #4552
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006

My Tour Central Stats

I mean, they might as well tour now right?
    Old 12-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #4553
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

That's what I'm wondering.

I can probably hit the New Orleans show now but I'm wondering if they'll announce some supporting dates. Since the shows are all in the Southeast it makes me wonder if they'll announce a Nashville or Memphis show, both of which are way closer and easier for me to hit.
    Old 12-08-2017, 09:29 PM   #4554
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKET FOR DEAD & CO IN NEW ORLEANS!!!

I'm so flipping excited! I've never seen any incarnation of the Grateful Dead and I've been dying to see Dead & Co. I hate to say it but I'm grateful for John's pain.
    Old 12-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #4555
    RAPUNZEL13
    They Attack!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Kinda annoyed the Ft. Lauderdale show is now on a Monday, but whatever. See ya there.
    Old 12-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #4556
    BTCS_JTR
    The Wilpon's are gone!

My Tour Central Stats

Bobby and Phil mini tour!

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/bo...duo-tour-2018/

March 2 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 3 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 7 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 8 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 10 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
    March 11 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
    Old 12-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #4557
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

What are some highlight shows worth grabbing from Fall 2017?
    Old 12-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #4558
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    If it doesn't sell message the seller and try to bargain with them. See if you can get them to come down on their price. Worked for me a few times.
    Thanks man I'll try that
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RAPUNZEL13 View Post
    I have trouble finding shirts too. Is eBay the best place to get good GD shirts? Want to add some to the collection.
    Liquid blue is a good site and I think this place has some good stuff
    http://www.dharmarose.com/cgi-bin/sh...ad_shirts.html
    I still think e bay has some of the coolest stuff tho
    Old 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #4559
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR View Post
    Bobby and Phil mini tour!

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/bo...duo-tour-2018/

March 2 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 3 New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
    March 7 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 8 Boston, MA – Wang Theatre
    March 10 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
    March 11 Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
    Would likely have to pay me to sit through Phil singing half the tunes.
    Old 12-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #4560
    BTCS_JTR
    The Wilpon's are gone!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcwyffe View Post
    Would likely have to pay me to sit through Phil singing half the tunes.
    I'd do it for an Unbroken Chain.