what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2021, 12:51 AM   #91
ToySoldier#34
 
ToySoldier#34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 44,081

Shows Seen: 28

Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshg View Post
Let's get real.

This is not
"stomping right in front of him, trying to get his attention."

This is
"I gave you everything in life, mther fuc***, and this is how you show up to my show?"

Not sure if this would be part of the thinking but Lillywhite was at the front of the pit and the first show he had attended in forever
__________________
"Analytics have had a negative impact on the aesthetic and entertainment value of the game. We need to find a way to get more action in the game, allow players to show their athleticism" - Theo Epstein, 11/17/20
ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-24-2021, 01:20 AM   #92
    8nalive
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Western Pennsylvania
    Posts: 435

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    You are not Ants, you are a bunch of termites with no spines choking on wood all day long.

    And you know what I mean.

    Boyd gives life to DMB's music and yinz do your best to suck the life right out of DMB.

    "It's like going to see THE Dave Matthews Band without Boyd Tinsley on the violin."

    Yinz are haters. Just haters. I hope to God (if there is a God) that no one hates on you during the course of your life as you deserve for your disgusting hatred. You've got no guts. Period
    8nalive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 01:49 AM   #93
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 85,646

    Shows Seen: 109

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    I think that shit post is definitive proof that there is no God.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 03:32 AM   #94
    8nalive
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Western Pennsylvania
    Posts: 435

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I think that shit post is definitive proof that there is no God.
    So you're saying that my post is powerful enough (it's a simple post really, I know that, you know that) to prove that there is no God
    8nalive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:31 AM   #95
    dmbdreamingtree
    division by zero
     
    dmbdreamingtree's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 5,955

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    #SpinelessTermites

    Hope Boyd finds his way.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    My most blunt advice would be to stop feeling so fucking sorry for yourself -
    You're living in an imaginary mental prison of your own creation.
    dmbdreamingtree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #96
    tikigods
    Fenway shows...check.
     
    tikigods's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: NH
    Posts: 27

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Just looked on Cameo and it says Boyd is unavailable
    tikigods is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 07:59 AM   #97
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 44,081

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8nalive View Post
    You are not Ants, you are a bunch of termites with no spines choking on wood all day long.

    And you know what I mean.

    Boyd gives life to DMB's music and yinz do your best to suck the life right out of DMB.

    "It's like going to see THE Dave Matthews Band without Boyd Tinsley on the violin."

    Yinz are haters. Just haters. I hope to God (if there is a God) that no one hates on you during the course of your life as you deserve for your disgusting hatred. You've got no guts. Period
    Week after week people on Ants are going to shows and getting blown away, many saying it's the best they've seen them play in years, if that is sucking the life out of it that's too bad
    __________________
    "Analytics have had a negative impact on the aesthetic and entertainment value of the game. We need to find a way to get more action in the game, allow players to show their athleticism" - Theo Epstein, 11/17/20
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 09:45 AM   #98
    kelchlsm
     
    kelchlsm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Posts: 3,456

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Boyds not coming back, i think people need to understand this.

    You can tell with the clips already shared, theres more videos/ photos on youtube behind the scenes of boyd being nowhere to be found. Think theres a fan video on youtube of someone asking Dave where boyd is and his response seems annoyed along the lines of "we dont see boyd until the show"

    I mean put yourself in the band members shoes. Everyone is having some camaradarie preshow hanging out, and then you have Boyd who is completely disengaged- and when the actual show does come, hes missing cues/ solos/ integral parts of songs on top of not hanging out with anyone. It seems he probably was going through the motions

    All this stuff probably built up for years, and then the #metoo accusations was just the nail in the coffin at that point.

    Boyd was seemingly more of a burden/ liability the last 10 years he was in the band, and now that hes gone its probably very refreshing and a burden lifted for the rest of the band.

    Last edited by kelchlsm; 08-24-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #99
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.
     
    RSSR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 7,239

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8nalive View Post
    You are not Ants, you are a bunch of termites with no spines choking on wood all day long.

    And you know what I mean.

    Boyd gives life to DMB's music and yinz do your best to suck the life right out of DMB.

    "It's like going to see THE Dave Matthews Band without Boyd Tinsley on the violin."

    Yinz are haters. Just haters. I hope to God (if there is a God) that no one hates on you during the course of your life as you deserve for your disgusting hatred. You've got no guts. Period
    Hi Boyd! Didn't know you came here!
    RSSR is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 11:11 AM   #100
    BringBackButchT
     
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Posts: 560

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kgod View Post
    My gf saw him in 2019? at a small venue in Concord, NH. As a huge fan of him and DMB, she ended up talking to him after the show. She said he was not the Boyd we were used to seeing for so many years on stage with the band. She felt he was struggling: physically, mentally and musically. He could barely hold a conversation with her. She was really sad after the encounter. I will always be a fan of Boyd, despite his struggles, and wish him the best. 🥲

    I remember hearing about that show. It was at a tiny dive bar. A beloved dive bar with regular live music, but still a tiny dive bar. It was absolutely bizarre thinking that he went from sheds and arenas to a room that maybe holds 75 people.
    BringBackButchT is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #101
    BringBackButchT
     
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Posts: 560

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    personally, boyd being fired + keys coming back got me interested in the band again - at least their live show, if not anything they've released after 2002. He was never interesting musically to me, always the weakest part of the band, but when he was on he was at least a dynamic performer. when he was off, though, it was embarrassing. They were actively muting him during his last few tours, even during solos, which is a pretty extreme step to take.
    BringBackButchT is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 12:01 PM   #102
    GraceBuckley
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 683

    Shows Seen: 81

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8nalive View Post
    You are not Ants, you are a bunch of termites with no spines choking on wood all day long.

    And you know what I mean.

    Boyd gives life to DMB's music and yinz do your best to suck the life right out of DMB.

    "It's like going to see THE Dave Matthews Band without Boyd Tinsley on the violin."

    Yinz are haters. Just haters. I hope to God (if there is a God) that no one hates on you during the course of your life as you deserve for your disgusting hatred. You've got no guts. Period
    Interesting... you're disgusted by some reactions to Boyd's choices and realities about his presence and preformance, but you have zero to say about Boyd's actual choices, actions, and performance.

    You reveal yourself to be wildly biased and wildly unrealistic if you call people who are literally commenting on what's evident in video, lawsuits, and personal experiences as "hating". Most here are concerned and wish him well.

    Those saying he was a liability or that they like the band better without him are not hating, they're speaking their truths and that's how the world works.

    If there is a God, hopefully She judges based on our ACTIONS. Not on what who we said we were or who we tried to show people we were, but who we ACTUALLY were. In that case, pretty sure most of us are ready to face judgement. Only those who think who they wish they were or who they promise others they are (or who do horrible actual things) need to worry about that judgement.
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #103
    joshg
     
    joshg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 1,318

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kelchlsm View Post
    Boyds not coming back, i think people need to understand this.

    You can tell with the clips already shared, theres more videos/ photos on youtube behind the scenes of boyd being nowhere to be found. Think theres a fan video on youtube of someone asking Dave where boyd is and his response seems annoyed along the lines of "we dont see boyd until the show"

    I mean put yourself in the band members shoes. Everyone is having some camaradarie preshow hanging out, and then you have Boyd who is completely disengaged- and when the actual show does come, hes missing cues/ solos/ integral parts of songs on top of not hanging out with anyone. It seems he probably was going through the motions

    All this stuff probably built up for years, and then the #metoo accusations was just the nail in the coffin at that point.

    Boyd was seemingly more of a burden/ liability the last 10 years he was in the band, and now that hes gone its probably very refreshing and a burden lifted for the rest of the band.
    Anyone know where this is?
    joshg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #104
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.
     
    RSSR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 7,239

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    14 years ago, I thought Tim Reynolds was one of Rock and Roll's greatest guitarists in history. Now that I've dug into rock history, I've come to realize how laughable that notion was. There's guitarist burnouts working at guitar stores who can do every thing Tim can do, if not aesthetically better. I thought Boyd was a very good violinist 17 years ago, I've come to the conclusion now he makes a mockery of the instrument.
    RSSR is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 12:44 PM   #105
    DaveKazz
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 281

    Shows Seen: 63

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    I had an encounter with Boyd in 2015 in Cincinnati. The band was staying at my hotel, and I ran into Carter during the day at around 3 as he was headed to the venue.

    Before I was headed to the show, I got in the elevator and Boyd was in it. I was surprised how close to show time he was leaving, given that Carter had left so much earlier. He gave me a "what's up" and seemed pretty normal to me, but I remember it being strange to think he'd be so far behind the other band members.

    I have no concept of when band members usually head to shows, so maybe it's not a big deal at all, but wanted to share anyway.
    DaveKazz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #106
    carter41dmb
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Roseburg, OR
    Posts: 1,137

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveKazz View Post
    I had an encounter with Boyd in 2015 in Cincinnati. The band was staying at my hotel, and I ran into Carter during the day at around 3 as he was headed to the venue.

    Before I was headed to the show, I got in the elevator and Boyd was in it. I was surprised how close to show time he was leaving, given that Carter had left so much earlier. He gave me a "what's up" and seemed pretty normal to me, but I remember it being strange to think he'd be so far behind the other band members.

    I have no concept of when band members usually head to shows, so maybe it's not a big deal at all, but wanted to share anyway.
    These days the band heads to the venue around 2:30 and spends at least an hour in the rehearsal room.
    __________________
    2016: Gilford x2, GORGE x3
    31 shows and counting since 2002.
    carter41dmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #107
    kmb40oz
     
    kmb40oz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Baltimore, MD
    Posts: 1,561

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshg View Post
    Anyone know where this is?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaALEBtXtYQ

    It's on Sean Kelly of The Samples Youtube.

    It's an odd video, especially knowing the history with The Samples and DMB and the convo about Boyd and Roi. Taken backstage at the Mile High Music Festival on August 15th, 2010

    Convo about Boyd:

    Sean "Where's Boyd been?

    Dave "He's good, I don't know where he is. He's always invisible until the gig."
    .
    .
    .
    Convo about Roi @ 1:53

    Sean "Sorry about Roi"

    Dave "It was a shock to us, we know he was really hurt, so that was a shock and then we thought he was gonna be fine. He's a stubborn...
    __________________
    "Chase Utley you are the man"!
    kmb40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #108
    dmbdreamingtree
    division by zero
     
    dmbdreamingtree's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 5,955

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmb40oz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaALEBtXtYQ

    It's on Sean Kelly of The Samples Youtube.

    It's an odd video, especially knowing the history with The Samples and DMB and the convo about Boyd and Roi. Taken backstage at the Mile High Music Festival on August 15th, 2010

    Convo about Boyd:

    Sean "Where's Boyd been?

    Dave "He's good, I don't know where he is. He's always invisible until the gig."
    .
    .
    .
    Convo about Roi @ 1:53

    Sean "Sorry about Roi"

    Dave "It was a shock to us, we know he was really hurt, so that was a shock and then we thought he was gonna be fine. He's a stubborn...
    I may be mis-reading some of the stuff I read in the past but I think there is some small amount of animosity that Sean has for DMB. I think he has tried to appeal to open for them in recent years without success - and he or someone in the band has reminded us all that DMB used to open for the Samples - sort of as if the Samples helped to make the start of DMBs career
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    My most blunt advice would be to stop feeling so fucking sorry for yourself -
    You're living in an imaginary mental prison of your own creation.
    dmbdreamingtree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #109
    MichaelDM
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Posts: 5

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Boyd gives life to DMB's music and yinz do your best to suck the life right out of DMB.

    Yinz are haters. Just haters. I hope to God (if there is a God) that no one hates on you during the course of your life as you deserve for your disgusting hatred. You've got no guts. Period
    Yeah, we get it already dude, you’re from Pittsburgh…. YIKES
    MichaelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #110
    kelchlsm
     
    kelchlsm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Posts: 3,456

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbdreamingtree View Post
    I may be mis-reading some of the stuff I read in the past but I think there is some small amount of animosity that Sean has for DMB. I think he has tried to appeal to open for them in recent years without success - and he or someone in the band has reminded us all that DMB used to open for the Samples - sort of as if the Samples helped to make the start of DMBs career
    this has nothing to do with asking where boyd is and Dave responding he has no idea, which seems to be a reoccurring theme surrounding Boyd. Also appears that video was back in 2010- imagine how long that stuff went on.

    Boyds not coming back, he was a dark cloud on the band and now theyre in a much better place without him and Buddy as a replacement
    kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 01:57 PM   #111
    dmbdreamingtree
    division by zero
     
    dmbdreamingtree's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 5,955

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kelchlsm View Post
    this has nothing to do with asking where boyd is and Dave responding he has no idea, which seems to be a reoccurring theme surrounding Boyd. Also appears that video was back in 2010- imagine how long that stuff went on.

    Boyds not coming back, he was a dark cloud on the band and now theyre in a much better place without him and Buddy as a replacement
    I understand that. I was just adding an aside - mostly to the poster'c comment, "It's an odd video, especially knowing the history with The Samples and DMB"

    And hearing Sean in the video ask Dave "remember when we used to snowboard" to which dave responded, "yeah we used to do a lot of things together"

    nothing more nothing less. My bad for taking a step away from the boyd dave talk
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    My most blunt advice would be to stop feeling so fucking sorry for yourself -
    You're living in an imaginary mental prison of your own creation.
    dmbdreamingtree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #112
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!
     
    K270's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: San Mateo, CA
    Posts: 7,149

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbdreamingtree View Post
    Are there any videos floating around where Boyd looked out of it on stage? Was it that obvious?


    I'm shocked nobody has posted this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_mKlaOGeBY


    Boyd isn't out of it. It's just a strange video.
    __________________
    ~Kevin~
    People would complain even if you hang them with a new rope.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #113
    8nalive
     
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Western Pennsylvania
    Posts: 435

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
    Interesting... you're disgusted by some reactions to Boyd's choices and realities about his presence and preformance, but you have zero to say about Boyd's actual choices, actions, and performance.

    You reveal yourself to be wildly biased and wildly unrealistic if you call people who are literally commenting on what's evident in video, lawsuits, and personal experiences as "hating". Most here are concerned and wish him well.

    Those saying he was a liability or that they like the band better without him are not hating, they're speaking their truths and that's how the world works.

    If there is a God, hopefully She judges based on our ACTIONS. Not on what who we said we were or who we tried to show people we were, but who we ACTUALLY were. In that case, pretty sure most of us are ready to face judgement. Only those who think who they wish they were or who they promise others they are (or who do horrible actual things) need to worry about that judgement.

    I agree Boyd may have made some mistakes. We all do. But I can forgive his faults as a human being because I am only human also. I hope others may forgive me for the wrongs that I have caused them. No doubt, Boyd was a huge reason why so many people loved this band. Sometimes they went to concerts just to see him To call me wildly biased and wildly unrealistic is not a very nice thing for you to say directly to me. It's ok, I can take it. Where I come from, we go out of our way to be kind to others. And often times we are not kind, though. But we try. I guess I feel a lack of respect and decency on these boards mostly for band members who are giving it their all. you Da Man Boyd

    Last edited by 8nalive; 08-24-2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    8nalive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 03:54 PM   #114
    GraceBuckley
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 683

    Shows Seen: 81

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8nalive View Post
    I agree Boyd may have made some mistakes. We all do. But I can forgive his faults as a human being because I am only human also. I hope others may forgive me for the wrongs that I have caused them. No doubt, Boyd was a huge reason why so many people loved this band. Sometimes they went to concerts just to see him To call me wildly biased and wildly unrealistic is not a very nice thing for you to say directly to me. It's ok, I can take it. Where I come from, we go out of our way to be kind to others. And often times we are not kind, though. But we try. I guess I feel a lack of respect and decency on these board mostly for band members who are giving it their all. you Da Man Boyd
    So I have a sincere question for you, and I ask it in same respectful manner your reply to me just now is in:

    Do you not see the hypocrisy in you calling everyone else haters and assuming that everyone talking about Boyd's behaviors and the consequences is "hating" even though many speak out of concern... and you now saying calling you wildly biased and wildly unrealistic is not nice to say directly to you, after you specifically called everyone in this conversation haters and that we'd be judged horribly for it?

    In the end, what you just said is really what maybe you should have led with: you understand Boyd's behaviors may have been an issue, and you forgive him for that and think he worked super hard for DMB and you want to see that honored and recognized. No one can argue with you for that opnion.

    It's when you call everyone haters when most people literally were just talking about what had happened to him, the many reasons (and if you're realistic you understand there were MANY!) he is no longer in the band.

    That's how life goes. It's ok to forgive people or for people to regret their actions, but if you tried for years to address it and someone just got worse and worse and more and more extreme, it is the bad actor's responsibility NOT those who have to cut them off, that things get to that point.

    So you can forgive Boyd all you want, but to call everyone badly-intentioned (haters) just for talking about what actually happened as a result of Boyd's bad performances, behavior and choices IS wildly biased and wildly unrealistic, given the years and years of problematic behavior on his part.

    I first saw DMB in '94 and '94-'00 will always be a magical musical time for me because of how DMB was live and recorded then. I loved Boyd's energy and presence, and my interactions with him were largely positive. I did notice some things that weren't about me that bothered me... and that was in like '99 and on, so that was a loooong time ago there were concerns.

    It is possible to love and respect Boyd's contributions as a key founding member of DMB, have the early days as one's favorite era of DMB, and find him to have been a kind person to me, AND to also recognize he made some very bad choices and his performance declined in the extremes and to see the band as wholly justified in kicking him out and fans totally justified in discussing it.
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 04:07 PM   #115
    MTackett
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Posts: 33

    Shows Seen: 54

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    <div class="pre-quote">
    Quote de <strong>dmbdreamingtree</strong>
    </div>

    <div class="post-quote">
    <div style="font-style:italic">I may be mis-reading some of the stuff I read in the past but I think there is some small amount of animosity that Sean has for DMB. I think he has tried to appeal to open for them in recent years without success - and he or someone in the band has reminded us all that DMB used to open for the Samples - sort of as if the Samples helped to make the start of DMBs career</div>
    </div>this has nothing to do with asking where boyd is and Dave responding he has no idea, which seems to be a reoccurring theme surrounding Boyd. Also appears that video was back in 2010- imagine how long that stuff went on. <br>
    <br>
    Boyds not coming back, he was a dark cloud on the band and now theyre in a much better place without him and Buddy as a replacement
    Buddy is garbage.
    MTackett is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 04:10 PM   #116
    joshg
     
    joshg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 1,318

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Whatever the deal may be with him, out of all the current band members, he is the most compelling figure by a country mile.
    joshg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 04:14 PM   #117
    dmbnut21
     
    dmbnut21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Posts: 4,214

    Shows Seen: 67

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshg View Post
    Whatever the deal may be with him, out of all the current band members, he is the most compelling figure by a country mile.
    This is kind of like when I'm super pissed about a problem or someone's comment and so I call it "interesting". Compelling is the adult equivalent of - train wreck I can't look away from.
    dmbnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 04:20 PM   #118
    dmbdreamingtree
    division by zero
     
    dmbdreamingtree's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 5,955

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    one thing I think boyd cultivated within the fanbase is the whole, free hugs and love (love is love) at all costs, mindset. their descendants are on FB and ban you if you have any critique. i'm trying to say this with, as dave said, a lot of kindness in my heart. but it is odd to me.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    My most blunt advice would be to stop feeling so fucking sorry for yourself -
    You're living in an imaginary mental prison of your own creation.
    dmbdreamingtree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 04:23 PM   #119
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.
     
    RSSR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 7,239

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    I always thought Dave's quirkiness and personality made him the most interesting person in DMB, to me.
    RSSR is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2021, 04:27 PM   #120
    joshg
     
    joshg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 1,318

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: what happened to Boyd? he's been MIA for a while

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I always thought Dave's quirkiness and personality made him the most interesting person in DMB, to me.
    Yeah, but Boyd is up to "shenanigans."
    joshg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram