Rashawn's Gorge Instagram Post - Page 6 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-10-2021, 01:15 PM   #151
monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Rashawn's Gorge Instagram Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
I think come tomorrow is the greatest studio effort since lws/busted stuff. To me, come tomorrow sounded like dmb again. I can understand if you don’t like it, art is subjective. But to call it trash is downright poppycock.
The songwriting alone in the title track come tomorrow is some of the worse lyrics David J Matthews has ever wrote. She is a wanna be pearl jam song and to me The Only Thing is everything She should have been if it would have been a good song. Can't Stop was sped up and sabotaged compared to the older versions that were superior. If you are talking about the production of come tomorrow I would say it's pretty good but the songs don't have much staying power and once pulled to the live stage don't translate well.
monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-10-2021, 01:31 PM   #152
    jimmea217

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

The only instagram post or story from Rashawn that knocked him down a peg was him getting very angry about covid canceling Jazz Fest. His tone was very holier than everyone and going on about event cancelations wrecking livelihoods, and hurting people's work commitments etc. I was on board with the message about taking covid seriously. But then Carter and Fonz testing positive made me think about what would happen if Dave let his guard down and god forbid, tested positive, causing show cancellations.
    So looking back at that tone he had, today I wanna ask him, "Are you scolding and talking down at Carter from your pulpit for obviously not practicing all safety recommendations per the CDC when it comes to distancing and mask wearing? Was that worth the possible contamination within YOUR organization, and thought of having to pull the plug on some dates and destroy livelihoods?"

Otherwise, I legitimately enjoy Rashawn, high screeching notes included. He's got mad chops and has brought a great energy to the stage over the years alongside Jeff.
    jimmea217 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #153
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    The songwriting alone in the title track come tomorrow is some of the worse lyrics David J Matthews has ever wrote. She is a wanna be pearl jam song and to me The Only Thing is everything She should have been if it would have been a good song. Can't Stop was sped up and sabotaged compared to the older versions that were superior. If you are talking about the production of come tomorrow I would say it's pretty good but the songs don't have much staying power and once pulled to the live stage don't translate well.
    I respect your opinion but disagree with most of this post.
    Old 09-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #154
    monizzle145

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimmea217 View Post
    The only instagram post or story from Rashawn that knocked him down a peg was him getting very angry about covid canceling Jazz Fest. His tone was very holier than everyone and going on about event cancelations wrecking livelihoods, and hurting people's work commitments etc. I was on board with the message about taking covid seriously. But then Carter and Fonz testing positive made me think about what would happen if Dave let his guard down and god forbid, tested positive, causing show cancellations.
    So looking back at that tone he had, today I wanna ask him, "Are you scolding and talking down at Carter from your pulpit for obviously not practicing all safety recommendations per the CDC when it comes to distancing and mask wearing? Was that worth the possible contamination within YOUR organization, and thought of having to pull the plug on some dates and destroy livelihoods?"

Otherwise, I legitimately enjoy Rashawn, high screeching notes included. He's got mad chops and has brought a great energy to the stage over the years alongside Jeff.
    That jazzfest post was so ironic because Jeff and Rashawn sent these angry posts out and Dave was out still taking selfies grabbing random peoples phones and pulling kids on stage fresh from summer camp. Carter seemed to still be golfing and dave walking to the tour buses and around fans was maskless. It was like if you are going to scold the fans keep the same energy with your band.
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #155
    jimmea217

Shows Seen: 61

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    That jazzfest post was so ironic because Jeff and Rashawn sent these angry posts out and Dave was out still taking selfies grabbing random peoples phones and pulling kids on stage fresh from summer camp. Carter seemed to still be golfing and dave walking to the tour buses and around fans was maskless. It was like if you are going to scold the fans keep the same energy with your band.
    100%. Granted this is most people on social media behavior... But jesus Rashawn, give it a rest. Ya'll fked up. Own it.
    jimmea217 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #156
    #MDMBGA

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Rashawn’s latest Instagram post calls Carter and Stefan the spine of the band. I guess he doesn’t know that he’s the spine of the band.
    #MDMBGA is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-14-2021, 07:31 AM   #157
    Thirtyfouroi

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cjk41 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CTeCJ8Nr...-zFJ-vcE5Ngo0/

If I were the band, and this weren't entirely true and discussed, I'd have to look at his post as a little out of line. I wonder if internally it's accepted that the decision to bring Buddy into the band was Rashawn's? What do you all think?
    yah pretty sure this is being over blown. seems like a comment he made that included no additional thought. as it should have been. context seems to be "man, buddy is so awesome, so glad i brought him into the band." all of which is true...

RR recommended buddy. Buddy flew out to see dave. Dave asked him to play a song on his piano at his house. he did. they went out to lunch, end of story. not a big deal that he brought buddy on. he doesn't think it's a big deal, band doesn't either. it's what you do as your journey through life with a band. occasionally you recommend an additional member. if i were really excited about a player in the band, and i had recommended that player, i may say the same thing. however, and no RR did not take Roi's place as dave's gauge on musical taste and sound. not sure who is claiming that but it's never been the case. and rr has never claimed that.
    Thirtyfouroi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #158
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

“A comment he made that included no additional though” .... yet apparently he had enough thought to turn the comments off. Hmm.
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #159
    kelchlsm

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post
    “A comment he made that included no additional though” .... yet apparently he had enough thought to turn the comments off. Hmm.
    Do me a favor go look at his IG page and comment on his most recent post on IG that has nothing to do with Buddy

Or go comment on his other recent post on 9/11

oh wait......most of his posts have the comments turned off, cant imagine why either, saying this thread has 6+ pages dissecting one of his captions
    kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #160
    malasain84

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveindyman View Post
    Rashawn was literally directing/conducting the band this weekend especially when Tony Hall was on stage. He put in some serious work trying to keep things on the rails.
    THIS! Watching Rashawn on Night 3 it was clear that he WAS leading the band onstage in the absence of the rhythm section. Like, he was [I]physically[I] leading them with hand motions and signals. The current band members don't need that because they all know each other's body language and their signals and whatnot, but having those guests on meant that they needed some different kinds of leadership and Rashawn stepped up into that role. I get not loving the sound he contributes, everyone has their own opinion. But dang, do we have to hate on him? Even watching behind the scenes stuff about recording albums, it's clear RR is very involved with the compositions and the technicality of things.

I viewed his post as an emotional release and sigh of relief. He was praising Buddy by highlighting how thankful he was that he invited him in. I see no ego in this. They all worked their asses off that weekend (as evidenced in Jeff's post about it) and are human people. Rashawn is so important to the band being together right now, let's quit the hate.
    malasain84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #161
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    I think come tomorrow is the greatest studio effort since lws/busted stuff. To me, come tomorrow sounded like dmb again. I can understand if you don’t like it, art is subjective. But to call it trash is downright poppycock.
    Yikes

CT is synonymous to trash.
    Old 09-19-2021, 12:35 PM   #162
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

Shows Seen: 203

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
    Yikes

CT is synonymous to trash.

No. It’s pretty good, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2021, 01:14 PM   #163
    DMBCardinal

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post

I agree. Obviously not their best effort, but I enjoy the album.
    DMBCardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #164
    DMB1JW

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post

Don't mean to keep off topic, but chiming in anyway...I still catch myself listening to CT...aged well for me and is a pretty damn good album.
    DMB1JW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2021, 01:41 PM   #165
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Glad you guys like it. I think it's trash.
    Old 09-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #166
    nick45
    1st Time Caller

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB1JW View Post
    Don't mean to keep off topic, but chiming in anyway...I still catch myself listening to CT...aged well for me and is a pretty damn good album.
    Noticed this too. It’s good music, calling it trash is a little over dramatic. Still listen to it start to finish every few months.
    Old 09-19-2021, 01:59 PM   #167
    nick45
    1st Time Caller

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by resumesomething View Post
    Definitely interesting. No question he plays an integral part, and as frustrated as I can be with the band at times, I'm happy he's there and keeps them going.

Regarding Rashawn's personality... people are people. Has anyone met LeRoi? From the comments that I've heard about him from the band, people who knew, loved and respected him, he seemed like an interesting and difficult guy.
    I met Leroi at Bonaroo in 2005. He was driving by in a golf cart (he was passenger facing backwards). I recognized him, said “Hey Leroi, good luck tonight” He’s smiled, said “hey thanks man” and kept driving. It was awesome!
    Old 07-13-2023, 12:38 PM   #168
    Doofie27
    Is a filthy Poser

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

did this thread really get brought back from the dead so you, bot-like poster, could hawk your shitty instragram likes service?!?

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 07-13-2023 at 12:45 PM.
    Doofie27 is offline   Reply With Quote