The Corner of Grey Street Podcast - Page 18 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #511
DaveHead77
Saw LS teased 2x n 2wks

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
Hey, it was nice meeting you in Raleigh. I'm sorry I had to say no re: the bus, but Bruce was kind enough to invite me on (was not my bus) and I was not in a position to bring others on...plus, everyone on the bus had paid and although I would not have minded you hopping on, I felt it would have been unfair to the others.

Hope to catch you again somewhere this year.
Yea Corey nice to meet you too brother. No I totally understand. I didn’t even process the fact that everybody had to pay in order to ride the bus etc lol, but it obviously makes total sense. Yeah next time I’m headed to a show, I’ll holler at you!
Nashville '00, '04, ‘19, & ‘23, D&T 2x ‘17, Cincy '07 & ‘21, Charlotte '08, Louisville '08, Charlottesville N2 '09, ‘16, & N2 ‘18, Deer Creek N2 '09, DM in Nashville '10, Atlanta '10 - '12, '14 - '16, & ‘18 -‘19, ‘23, Raleigh ‘18 and ‘21 - ‘22, Memphis ‘19 & ‘23.
DaveHead77 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-29-2021, 03:08 PM   #512
    JboDaveGuyYNK

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Episode 44: another great one gents! Thanks for the recap and it's awesome you guys got treated to the weekend you did- unreal stuff Nolan getting to meet Dave while hiking! Already looking forward to the next episode- congrats on 75k downloads.

Random thought while listening: do we know where Mr. 400 stands/ Has he hit any this year? Is he on Ants?

Cheers
    JboDaveGuyYNK is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #513
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveindyman View Post
    So where are you guys staying for The Gorge?

Premier Camping

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JboDaveGuyYNK View Post
    Episode 44: another great one gents! Thanks for the recap and it's awesome you guys got treated to the weekend you did- unreal stuff Nolan getting to meet Dave while hiking! Already looking forward to the next episode- congrats on 75k downloads.

Random thought while listening: do we know where Mr. 400 stands/ Has he hit any this year? Is he on Ants?

Cheers

Thanks! He was in NC but we didn’t meet up. Not sure if he’s on Ants honestly
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2021, 02:17 PM   #514
    DaveHead77
    Saw LS teased 2x n 2wks

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Premier Camping

Thanks! He was in NC but we didn’t meet up. Not sure if he’s on Ants honestly
    Are you talking about Eric Roberts from Las Vegas? I stood right behind him and Joe M the whole night in Raleigh. Eric was at 450 with that Atlanta show I believe.
    Nashville '00, '04, ‘19, & ‘23, D&T 2x ‘17, Cincy '07 & ‘21, Charlotte '08, Louisville '08, Charlottesville N2 '09, ‘16, & N2 ‘18, Deer Creek N2 '09, DM in Nashville '10, Atlanta '10 - '12, '14 - '16, & ‘18 -‘19, ‘23, Raleigh ‘18 and ‘21 - ‘22, Memphis ‘19 & ‘23.
    DaveHead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2021, 09:38 AM   #515
    JboDaveGuyYNK

My Tour Central Stats

I believe the guest that Bruce and Nolan had on is named Michael? He seems like a nice guy, I enjoyed that episode. Damn 450 for Eric!? Wouldn't have guessed two guys both in the 400's. Rooting for them to both hit 5.
    Old 08-04-2021, 07:57 AM   #516
    nolan8or
    @GreyStreetPod

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead77 View Post
    Nolan, Taylor here and I met you right before we all walked into the show and damn man I had no idea you were 6’4! I’m 5’8 and I never picked up that you were that tall! Shit. Maybe we were standing on a hill or something.

Btw, sorry about me and my buddy trying to get on y’all’s bus at the end to get the hell out of there lol. Was on the edges of a hard buzz & being wasted. Got my exercise in that night getting out of that place, that’s for sure ha
    Hey Taylor! It was great meeting you too - thanks for stoppying by our tailgate. I think we were definitely on a hill lol. And no worries about the bus!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by don_h View Post
    Was good to meet Bruce on Saturday (sorry Nolan, you looked engaged in another conversation) and was great to hear your recaps on ep 44 this morning. I don't know any other hardcores personally, so always look forward to hearing your takes. Shared a lot of your feelings on both shows - the high energy songs in Raleigh including the Thank You sing-a-long (damn, for whatever reason that got me a little emotional in person and every time I've listened to it since) were just what I needed, and the almost cringe-worthy run of BW songs in Charlotte that certainly didn't ruin the show, but made me just wonder 'why?'. I was also getting ready to post something on one of the other threads about the link between the earlier start time and the longer shows/encores, but you guys beat me to it. Looking forward to the next episode already. Cheers!
    Thanks for stopping by man and sorry I missed you. We had some friends there that we hadn't seen in a few years so we were catching up! Appreciate you listening to the episode already too - glad we are on the same page about those opening shows.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JboDaveGuyYNK View Post

Random thought while listening: do we know where Mr. 400 stands/ Has he hit any this year? Is he on Ants? Cheers
    Thanks dude, it was an all-time weekend. Hopefully we can top it at The Gorge! Michael DiPonio aka Mr. 400+ is now at 415 shows I believe. Think he's been to 4 shows so far this year. What a legend.
    Old 08-04-2021, 08:07 AM   #517
    KClaw

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Just jumping in to say that I agree the live mix isn't quite right (I was at WPB). You can really hear Dave, Stefan and Carter - which is great. But Tim, Buddy, Rashawn and Jeff were difficult to hear at times.
    KClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2021, 08:48 AM   #518
    nolan8or
    @GreyStreetPod

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KClaw View Post
    Just jumping in to say that I agree the live mix isn't quite right (I was at WPB). You can really hear Dave, Stefan and Carter - which is great. But Tim, Buddy, Rashawn and Jeff were difficult to hear at times.
    The XM live mix is beyond terrible. I had to turn off the WPB show. At one point there was just loud static/nat sound blasting at the end of Jimi Thing and you could hardly hear the music or Dave singing. I don't get it!
    Old 08-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #519
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Bruce, Nolan,
    Thanks for the great episode, it was a cool listening while I was driving from one side to the other of this island where I am spending my holidays, thru a scenic landscape. You kept me great company and it was great to share the emotions that you had in Raleigh and Charlotte.
    I was also listening to some parts of the show tapes (apart from the ones already in the podcast) and I agree to 99% of what you said.

The 1% exception is about Lying in the Hands of God as played in Charlotte. This might differ from the sensations that you might have had at the show, and maybe you’re right, it did not come at the proper time of the show. But I think that it was a great version, and you didn’t mention the amazing performance of Buddy, with a key solo from min 5:30 to 8:30, which is just perfect and, in my opinion, was the best piece of improv music of the night (keys continue till the end of the song). I have found strange that you were so concerned about Dave’s voice but you didn’t like the overall performance.

Here it is:
    https://mega.nz/file/qdJ1WaTJ#ttzSoP...iOZ8Vela_lIGgo
    Old 08-06-2021, 10:43 AM   #520
    karczews41

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
    Bruce, Nolan,
    Thanks for the great episode, it was a cool listening while I was driving from one side to the other of this island where I am spending my holidays, thru a scenic landscape. You kept me great company and it was great to share the emotions that you had in Raleigh and Charlotte.
    I was also listening to some parts of the show tapes (apart from the ones already in the podcast) and I agree to 99% of what you said.

The 1% exception is about Lying in the Hands of God as played in Charlotte. This might differ from the sensations that you might have had at the show, and maybe you’re right, it did not come at the proper time of the show. But I think that it was a great version, and you didn’t mention the amazing performance of Buddy, with a key solo from min 5:30 to 8:30, which is just perfect and, in my opinion, was the best piece of improv music of the night (keys continue till the end of the song). I have found strange that you were so concerned about Dave’s voice but you didn’t like the overall performance.

Here it is:
    https://mega.nz/file/qdJ1WaTJ#ttzSoP...iOZ8Vela_lIGgo
    To each their own but I much prefer an extended Jeff solo/outro to what Buddy does on this.
    karczews41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #521
    JboDaveGuyYNK

My Tour Central Stats

Boys that interview w Ruston was so sick!! Thank you for it!! So Halloween N2....??

So friggen' stoked for next weekend!
    Old 08-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #522
    UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
    Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

If Ruston asks for Halloween, the Gorge will get Halloween.

My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-28-2021, 07:48 AM   #523
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karczews41 View Post
    To each their own but I much prefer an extended Jeff solo/outro to what Buddy does on this.
    LT22 is the best version, Jeff opens up and lets loose. But the LT46 version is also great and is a much different approach. I love having different arrangements to listen back to
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2021, 09:33 AM   #524
    nolan8or
    @GreyStreetPod

My Tour Central Stats

Well that was a wild weekend...
    Old 09-07-2021, 09:55 AM   #525
    HonestDenver1

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nolan8or View Post
    LOL... I don't think you could have placed any bets that would have included what happened in our wildest dreams.. Just crazy.. Pretty cool to add this to the lore of the Gorge now though... DMBs 30th anniversary tour and only 1 OG member played at the Gorge.... Oh and the opening acts played with them for 1/4 of the set? Oh and the organ player who has been in the band for 3 years is also a fantastic drummer and was able to play and learn songs in one day for the show... UNREAL.
    HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #526
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883

Shows Seen: 77

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nolan8or View Post
    Certainly a unique & unforgettable weekend... a wide range of emotions in a short amount of time.
    daveindyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #527
    nolan8or
    @GreyStreetPod

My Tour Central Stats

Back from The Gorge with a new podcast episode! We recorded from the campgrounds so that mean's we've got a YouTube version to go along with the normal podcast episode this week. Plenty to talk about in this one!

https://youtu.be/BmA_NuLNTmU
    Old 09-09-2021, 07:04 PM   #528
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Awesome, have been looking forward to the Gorge review!
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2021, 02:05 PM   #529
    anklebunker

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Great timing that you guys were praising Elijah's key work on Pig, but didn't know his last name....and his last name ends up being Pigg. Can't script that stuff...lol.

Awesome episode, thanks for doing it! My buddies and I were in Gold camping this year, had a blast. This was my second time at The Gorge...hopefully not my last time.
    anklebunker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-14-2021, 04:34 AM   #530
    BruceW

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anklebunker View Post
    Great timing that you guys were praising Elijah's key work on Pig, but didn't know his last name....and his last name ends up being Pigg. Can't script that stuff...lol.

Awesome episode, thanks for doing it! My buddies and I were in Gold camping this year, had a blast. This was my second time at The Gorge...hopefully not my last time.

right?

We thought Dave said Pigg but we weren’t sure and you certainly don’t want to get their name wrong or anything.
    Old 10-07-2021, 11:52 AM   #531
    BruceW

My Tour Central Stats

DMB. Metallica.
    Old 10-07-2021, 04:33 PM   #532
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

Clint, feel free to stop in and say hi from time to time, even if it’s in the musician forum!
    Old 10-07-2021, 05:52 PM   #533
    BruceW

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    Clint, feel free to stop in and say hi from time to time, even if it’s in the musician forum!

“There’s some real characters over there”
    Old 10-08-2021, 09:51 PM   #534
    nolan8or
    @GreyStreetPod

My Tour Central Stats

For your viewing pleasure:

https://youtu.be/jLgy13X8jSc
    Old 10-09-2021, 06:45 AM   #535
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    “There’s some real characters over there”
    he ain't kiddin!
    Old 10-09-2021, 07:05 AM   #536
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Clint is the man.

I throughly enjoyed that episode.
    Old 10-09-2021, 07:40 AM   #537
    sean52692

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I always thought Dave was short, like 5'3 or something. But I've never seen him anywhere other than on a stage.
    This is the most mind-blowing post I've read on the internet
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #538
    clintmwells

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    Dude, I’m here almost every day, haha! Mostly lurking!
    clintmwells is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #539
    clintmwells

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
    Clint is the man.

I throughly enjoyed that episode.
    Thanks for checking it out. Had a blast with Nolan and Bruce!
    clintmwells is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #540
    nolan8or
    @GreyStreetPod

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clintmwells View Post
    Thanks for checking it out. Had a blast with Nolan and Bruce!
    Thanks for joining us Clint! Hope the tour with Morgan is going well!