Summer Tour Long Route - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-19-2021, 02:32 AM   #1
Xcacel
Huge Carter's fan

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Summer Tour Long Route

This morning I was playing with Rand McNally trip-maker (yes, it still exists, here: https://tripmaker.randmcnally.com), the tool that I used to get driving directions before the smartphones era. I remember traveling with those printouts on the passenger seat, and getting regularly lost.

So I had the idea to check the itinerary for the DMB summer tour so far. I came out with 25 pages of driving directions (click here to see them if you are curious), from Raleigh NC, to Saratoga Springs, crossing 30 states.
That reminded me a bit the U2 Rattle And Hum trailer, when Bono starts ‘I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For’ telling how we’ve been all thru the United States, over the last year, from New York to Los Angeles, from San Francisco to Arizona, from Chicago to Memphis….. By the way, that is a great movie, for the young Ants who haven’t seen it.

Well, it turns out that the trucks of the band, so far, have travelled for about 9 days non-stop, covering half of the circle of the world (about 13k miles). Estimated fuel is only about 2000$, which is pretty much covered by the proceeds (I would estimate about $1 million per gig, for a total of about $20 million, which would cover the fuel for 10’000 trucks, and they should have only a dozen trucks, if I am not wrong).

Rand McNally kept on suggesting better itineraries, suggesting to keep all the northeast stops all together, instead of going up and down, but it sldd also found that the choice to drive from The Gorge all the way south to California, before heading east thru Route 15, was the best choice (that’s the longest trip, about 14 hrs, to Milwaukee).

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ce36bfa973.png

Last edited by Xcacel; 09-19-2021 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Allright, that was definitely my Sunday early morning lazy-nerdy moment
Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here