Why You Can't Bring Boyd Back... - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #31
Kuhlmonque

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Why You Can't Bring Boyd Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 View Post
The band is against pedophilia, unwanted touching, molestation, drugs and oh ya raping dudes.. Since the band is all dudes it's definitely a fear of theirs and I think they were worried about it on stage. No one ever turned their back to Boyd if you ever notice.
Except for every publicity photo and poster where Boyd is always BEHIND everyone. THEY KNEW THE WHOLE TIME! And Paul is dead.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-01-2021, 11:32 AM   #32
    HonestDenver1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    You can't bring Boyd back because he plays the violin with the skill level of a 5 year old. He's awful. I wish they'd bring in a skilled violin player to replace him, but that's their call.
    So you didn't like the band until 2018? Why would you be a fan of a musician who plays like a 5 year old for so long that you wished he have been replaced long ago?
    Old 03-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #33
    HonestDenver1

My Tour Central Stats

I didn’t know we were defending him now.. wow how things changed... I’m not a homophobe. Sorry if you don’t get a sense of humor on a thread about a guy who stole men’s socks and jerked off with them. If you can’t laugh at that you’re dead inside... the band did not come rushing to his side to defend him nor pretend he didn’t do theses things.. don’t you think of you’re friends with someone for 30 years you’d at least be on his side for awhile unless you know they’re true? Dave won’t even talk about with any details so to spare Boyd further embarrassment and possibly more fuel to the fire...

Also here’s an article of Boyd being accuse of “massive addiction to pedophilia” first page of google.. I didn’t make it up assholes. It’s unlikely true but he was accused of it..

https://m.styleweekly.com/richmond/f...nt?oid=2184119

“Among other things, Rothenberg accuses Tinsley of having a “pedophilic sex addiction” and creating “a wonderland he currently calls ‘Narnia’” in pursuit of “potential sexual conquests.” The lawsuit also accuses Tinsley of retaliating against people who “attempted to leave his cult of personality,” leaving them “emotionally and psychologically wrecked.”

Last edited by HonestDenver1; 03-01-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    Old 03-01-2021, 12:18 PM   #34
    zellea21

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 6ixtynin9 View Post
    hey zellea21, what are ur thoughts on bringing back Butch Taylor?
    Maybe you can molotov cocktail another [board] sincere discussion (without ever contributing) again ya triflin' pyro?
    Sigh..I love people who love throwing insults...im here just because im not commenting.. does not mean I am not paying attention.. I guess they are right silnece drives people crazy..

I met Butch back at the old Giants stadium when working for Live nation helping witht he live earth concert...

Butch and Buddy two different type of players.. Butch left because road life was too much for him and his family he needed a break...

Like Buddy a lot more...

To chime in a little more about Boyd... I can not help but think his departure had more to do then his leagl situation.. I think it is a mix of other things.. i wish him well.. but DMB does not want the PR hit ... I think he will hit the satge at the HOF when it happens but that will be it
    Old 03-01-2021, 12:22 PM   #35
    TimHonks

My Tour Central Stats

There are several examples of him completely zoned out on stage and other people having to do his job for him. The legal troubles gave the band the opportunity to do what I'm sure they have been hoping to do for years. He isn't coming back. Even if he took this opportunity to get sober and better himself I'd still have my doubts, but it appears he has gone in the opposite direction and is even more in need of help now than ever before.
    Old 03-01-2021, 12:34 PM   #36
    HonestDenver1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zellea21 View Post
    Sigh..I love people who love throwing insults...im here just because im not commenting.. does not mean I am not paying attention.. I guess they are right silnece drives people crazy..

I met Butch back at the old Giants stadium when working for Live nation helping witht he live earth concert...

Butch and Buddy two different type of players.. Butch left because road life was too much for him and his family he needed a break...

Like Buddy a lot more...

To chime in a little more about Boyd... I can not help but think his departure had more to do then his leagl situation.. I think it is a mix of other things.. i wish him well.. but DMB does not want the PR hit ... I think he will hit the satge at the HOF when it happens but that will be it
    Yes to all these. Buddy brings an energy that Butch didn't have... Butch was an incredible jazz piano player.. But I got tired of the two step jams he did.. TIRED OF TWO STEP! It just would bring the whole energy down and it dragged on and on very repetitively...

Buddy has a fresh perspective to the music. And he's been given a pretty big green light and license by the band to explore...

Boyd was done. He should have left on his own after 2011... I loved his music very much and in fact WHY I got into the band in the first place.. But he didn't give a shit after Roi passed. I think the rough years really effected him.. He likely wanted out or felt left out after the 05-07 rough patch... Whatever happened with the rest of the band getting energized, Boyd was not a part of it. Even before Roi passed... He wasn't engaged in the pre Big Whiskey Sessions much... I think once Roi passed he just wanted out... They were such a complimentary duo, I think he knew no one could really replace that as Roi would weave in so much into what Boyd was doing.. essentially making them both sound better...

Jeff wasn't able to capture that unfortunately.. As good of a player as he is and his ability to channel Roi's licks early on is pretty special, but he's not listening to Boyd and being a co part to that... He was very much focused on trying to just fill the sax part..

Boyd was out on his own from then out and it was noticeable.. I think that's a big reason why he started sounding worse.. No Roi to help cover him up anymore... And once Tim joined and took over a lot of solos that Roi/Boyd might have filled in on... He became the token player on songs like LIOG and Ants and would just fade away on the rest of it...
    Closed Thread