*** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread *** - Page 277 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #8281
SomeDevil#41
 
SomeDevil#41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 444

Shows Seen: 5

Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

I still have bouts of serious sadness when I think about AC. It too was one of the best weekends of my entire life. The whole experience was just perfect and the set list was just to die for. I didnt even mind being covered head to toe in that talcom powder dirty soot that covered everything... I wore my dirt as a badge of honor. Now I am sad all over again At least I am not alone I guess. I definately always have post-show depression but this year was the WORST after Bader field was just so awesome.
__________________
"Everything Tastes Better With Sauce" ~ Dave Matthews Caravan 06/25/11
SomeDevil#41 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #8282
    CaffeineQueen
    9/4/16 - Never Forget
     
    CaffeineQueen's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Highland Mills, NY
    Posts: 27,601

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    I got this rubber baaaand.

    What does Dave say, something about his fitness?
    __________________
    Jess~ My Shows
    CaffeineQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #8283
    41Saratoga
     
    41Saratoga's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Clifton Park, NY
    Posts: 20,966

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaffeineQueen View Post
    I got this rubber baaaand.

    What does Dave say, something about his fitness?
    Yea, something about using a big rubber band for his exercises! I actually gave my AC cds to Steph, still need to burn myself a new copy!
    __________________
    ~ Jess ~
    41Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #8284
    ERoths711
     
    ERoths711's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Hoboken, NJ
    Posts: 2,373

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SomeDevil#41 View Post
    I still have bouts of serious sadness when I think about AC. It too was one of the best weekends of my entire life. The whole experience was just perfect and the set list was just to die for. I didnt even mind being covered head to toe in that talcom powder dirty soot that covered everything... I wore my dirt as a badge of honor. Now I am sad all over again At least I am not alone I guess. I definately always have post-show depression but this year was the WORST after Bader field was just so awesome.
    I'm thinking you guys will get a N3 release anyway, so maybe there's hope. Chances are that they will release one of the shows from the Caravan tour, and I personally think that AC N3 was the best from top to bottom.
    __________________
    “Nachos Grande! It is delicious.” - DM, 7/17/2010

    "Y'all look like pasta with red sauce on it!" - DM, 5/26/13
    ERoths711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #8285
    SomeDevil#41
     
    SomeDevil#41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 444

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ERoths711 View Post
    I'm thinking you guys will get a N3 release anyway, so maybe there's hope. Chances are that they will release one of the shows from the Caravan tour, and I personally think that AC N3 was the best from top to bottom.
    That might help me feel a little better!!!.... sigh... Somebody mentioned on here before about everyone walking out of bader field over the little bridge and the entire crowd was singing "thank you" and all the cops could do was video tape everything and high five people because they had never seen anything like it in thier lives in Atlantic City... DMB fans TOOK OVER Atlantic City.. gives me chills to think about.
    __________________
    "Everything Tastes Better With Sauce" ~ Dave Matthews Caravan 06/25/11
    SomeDevil#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #8286
    crounsa810
     
    crounsa810's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: PA
    Posts: 3,535

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Watched some videos from the shows tonight on Youtube. Makes me sad thinking back to the beautiful weather, beautiful music, and best time of my life. And now it's winter, and cold....and I wanna go back


    Let's hope we get another multiple night stop again this year!
    __________________
    DMB Album Survivor Poll: Vote for your least favorite song here https://forms.gle/4zzbHMne78eVrdUY8

    Current album: Some Devil
    crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #8287
    spoot388
     
    spoot388's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Scranton, Pa
    Posts: 26,815

    Shows Seen: 70
    Send a message via AIM to spoot388

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SomeDevil#41 View Post
    That might help me feel a little better!!!.... sigh... Somebody mentioned on here before about everyone walking out of bader field over the little bridge and the entire crowd was singing "thank you" and all the cops could do was video tape everything and high five people because they had never seen anything like it in thier lives in Atlantic City... DMB fans TOOK OVER Atlantic City.. gives me chills to think about.

    here are a few videos i found of the crowd leaving AC. no singing, but it was just people for as far as you could see. this bridge was like 5 lanes wide, and the people just kept coming and coming and coming.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_G4H...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inv-8E4TC_M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIM_X...eature=related
    __________________
    -Jason
    spoot388 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #8288
    SomeDevil#41
     
    SomeDevil#41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 444

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    AWSOME POST... I will never forget leaving bader field each night it was just incredible.... HOW ABOUT THE AC CD RELEASE!!!! How awesome is that!!! I said right after the show that they would be releasing a CD for our Caravan... so glad they proved me right... just bummed they didnt put Break Free, Captain, Write a Song on the disc... oh well.. pretty cool none the less!!!
    __________________
    "Everything Tastes Better With Sauce" ~ Dave Matthews Caravan 06/25/11
    SomeDevil#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #8289
    SomeDevil#41
     
    SomeDevil#41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 444

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
    Watched some videos from the shows tonight on Youtube. Makes me sad thinking back to the beautiful weather, beautiful music, and best time of my life. And now it's winter, and cold....and I wanna go back


    Let's hope we get another multiple night stop again this year!
    I couldnt agree more... makes me depressed to watch too... also the best time I have ever had in my life..
    __________________
    "Everything Tastes Better With Sauce" ~ Dave Matthews Caravan 06/25/11
    SomeDevil#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #8290
    clive bixby
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Posts: 1,521

    Shows Seen: 41

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    here are a few videos i found of the crowd leaving AC. no singing, but it was just people for as far as you could see. this bridge was like 5 lanes wide, and the people just kept coming and coming and coming.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_G4H...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inv-8E4TC_M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIM_X...eature=related
    i was doing the same thing but at the other end of the road haha
    clive bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #8291
    GreenDirector
    NY JETS+DMB+UM
     
    GreenDirector's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: @DontPushThePig
    Posts: 732

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    This is going to become an every year tradition...I hope
    __________________
    DMB:20 Shows
    UM:8 Shows
    GreenDirector is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #8292
    jjr4884
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Posts: 3,557

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    listening to 41 with Warren Haynes right now from N2

    holy fuck
    __________________
    No longer in search of a 2009 Fall Limited Taylor 414ce :)
    jjr4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #8293
    Sabres914
     
    Sabres914's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: San Diego, CA
    Posts: 5,306

    Shows Seen: 74

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Can't wait to give this a listen!
    __________________
    @DSims3 - DMBAlmanac Show Stats
    Sabres914 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #8294
    halloween420
    ambassador of thc.
     
    halloween420's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Buffalo, NY...lets go Bills!
    Posts: 125

    Shows Seen: 52
    Send a message via AIM to halloween420

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    it was an epic time, wasn't it Sabres??

    BUKKAKE!



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sabres914 View Post
    Can't wait to give this a listen!
    __________________
    2010: Darien, SPAC x 2, Blossom, Gorge x 3
    halloween420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #8295
    dirtyjerz
     
    dirtyjerz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: River Vale, New Jersey
    Posts: 1,782

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    I listen to Two Step from N2 with Leon at least once a day.

    Him and Carter killed it on that song.
    __________________
    Shows: 8/5/09-9/19/09-6/4/10-7/9/10-7/13/10-7/16/10-7/17/10-11/5/10-11/12/10-11/13/10-6/24/11-6/25/11-6/26/11-8/20/11-8/26/11-9/16/11-9/17/11-9/18/11
    2012: SPACx2, Jones Beach x2, Hershey, Bethel
    dirtyjerz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #8296
    dmbfire2741
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Posts: 102

    Shows Seen: 36

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    i was kind of disappointed when i listened to go that Two Step on tape. i don't think it translated to tape very well compared to hearing it in Atlantic City. I've only listened to it once maybe i need to give it another listen.
    __________________
    Star Lake:8.10.07,5.31.08,6.19.09,6.20.09,
    Blossom:7.29.09
    Camden:9.20.09
    dmbfire2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #8297
    Matt Richman
     
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Posts: 560

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    I left when Dave started playing Sister. I feel so dumb.
    Matt Richman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #8298
    spoot388
     
    spoot388's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Scranton, Pa
    Posts: 26,815

    Shows Seen: 70
    Send a message via AIM to spoot388

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfire2741 View Post
    i was kind of disappointed when i listened to go that Two Step on tape. i don't think it translated to tape very well compared to hearing it in Atlantic City. I've only listened to it once maybe i need to give it another listen.

    it doesn't. it is nowhere near as good on tape as it was live. i think i've listened to it twice since AC. maybe i'll give it a 3rd now and see if its any different. i think its another had to be there moment, like two step in the rain.
    __________________
    -Jason
    spoot388 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #8299
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 11,631

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Bump in honor of this week’s drive in. ISO one Drive In poster.

    This will be a fun backread later on I’m sure.
    __________________
    2020: Vegas
    2021: Mohegan and Spac
    Cscottrun is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #8300
    Roose13
    Get Gritty Wit' It
     
    Roose13's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Atlantic City, NJ
    Posts: 32,205

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    One of my absolute favorite shows I've been to, and it was in my own back yard! My brother and I rode our bikes over to these shows each night. N3 was an absolute blast.
    __________________
    @ACPress_Russo

    NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 05:52 PM   #8301
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 72,796

    Shows Seen: 73

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    I wish that two step had closed the weekend
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #8302
    lilant420
     
    lilant420's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Chicago
    Posts: 3,698

    Shows Seen: 85

    Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    I wish that two step had closed the weekend
    One of the best Two Steps in my 80+ shows....
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter