Best Live Trax? - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #31
daveshookme
Altuve wore a wire
 
daveshookme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Luke's Log Cabin
Posts: 56,150

Shows Seen: 46

Re: Best Live Trax?

LT13 is probably the one I'm most apt to listen to.

There's almost undoubtedly "better" ones.
__________________
Tape Cover Artwork
Twitter
100 Day election predictions

#LetBrettBang
daveshookme is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-16-2020, 01:47 AM   #32
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!
     
    K270's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: San Mateo, CA
    Posts: 6,818

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
    A nice plot showing likes per LT release during various years

    https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/3742221/

    Really shocked LT 1 isn't one of the favorites. I've always been under the impression it was liked as much as LT 3 and LT 7. This thread and that graph has proven me wrong. Maybe the fan base has changed over the years?
    __________________
    ~Kevin~
    People would complain even if you hang them with a new rope.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 01:49 AM   #33
    Xcacel
     
    Xcacel's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 11

    Shows Seen: 0

    Best Live Trax?

    Here i plot the likes during various years and DMB eras

    Even more impressive

    https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/3745560/
    Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #34
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree
     
    Madnana's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: bkdkdkdd
    Posts: 1,146

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    It's LT3


    ... Dave's voice is annoying on LT7
    The problem with LT7 isn't Dave's voice. It's the butchered editing between Discs 2 & 3 and the missing sax during Typical.

    LT3 isn't my favorite show, but damn do I love that mix! Seek Up->Linus & Lucy just sounds glorious to me. Most shows have too much crowd noise, but this one gets it right.
    __________________
    I don't mean to brag, but Hilly thinks I'm super cool.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Madnana View Post
    I seriously don't know how I made it all the way through that shit. (weed)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    WHOA! Super cool.
    Madnana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 09:05 AM   #35
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 33,853

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Madnana View Post
    The problem with LT7 isn't Dave's voice. It's the butchered editing between Discs 2 & 3 and the missing sax during Typical.

    LT3 isn't my favorite show, but damn do I love that mix! Seek Up->Linus & Lucy just sounds glorious to me. Most shows have too much crowd noise, but this one gets it right.

    It is for me, and the couple of times I've listened to it on car rides with casual fans it has been pointed out


    LT3 is amazing and yes agree on the mix
    __________________
    Climb gave me asthma

    Die hard Bucs fan 3/17/2020
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #36
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands
     
    Cptn. Monkeyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 4,423

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    It is for me, and the couple of times I've listened to it on car rides with casual fans it has been pointed out


    LT3 is amazing and yes agree on the mix
    Do you feel this way about DMs voice during that era at large, or just that specific night? (LT7)
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #37
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands
     
    Cptn. Monkeyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 4,423

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    Really shocked LT 1 isn't one of the favorites. I've always been under the impression it was liked as much as LT 3 and LT 7. This thread and that graph has proven me wrong. Maybe the fan base has changed over the years?
    LT 1 is an absolute classic. Straight up and down on of the bands best shows. It does seem to be underrated or at least under-discussed. Perhaps people just got burned out on it? I feel the same way about LT7, an absolute classic show that I just donít go back to all that often anymore. It was the first DMB show I ever listened to, and is a major factor in me becoming a fan.
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #38
    Xcacel
     
    Xcacel's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 11

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Updating LT Preferences during various years
    I also showed the album releases with time, to give an idea on when exactly a LT was recorded

    https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/3753522/
    Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 09:52 AM   #39
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands
     
    Cptn. Monkeyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 4,423

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    I’m going to make a top 5 most important live trax list and a top 5 personal favorite list. Here goes:


    TOP 5 ESSENTIAL

    1. LT 1 (1998)
    2. LT 7 (1996)
    3. LT 8 (2004)
    4. LT 3 (2000)
    5. LT 20 (1993)


    TOP 5 PERSONAL FAVORITE

    1. LT 30 (1993)
    2. LT 3 (2000)
    3. LT 37 (1992)
    4. LT 21 (1995)
    5. LT 39 (1998)


    Honorable mentions: 5, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 22, 26, 33, 34, 40, 47
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #40
    ClearlakeSun25
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 193

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Own them all and rotate listening to a show almost daily.

    Top 10 in order
    1
    3
    11
    2
    17
    47
    39
    10
    4
    7

    Donít @ me on my love for #4. Richmond Jam is the shittttt
    ClearlakeSun25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 10:20 AM   #41
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 33,853

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
    Do you feel this way about DMs voice during that era at large, or just that specific night? (LT7)

    A little of both, I mean I'm not saying it's a bad LT, it's really strong musically. In general I've never really listened to a ton of mid 90's full band stuff because all of the same songs sound better later on when it comes to his voice, he changed his technique and his voice became far better.
    __________________
    Climb gave me asthma

    Die hard Bucs fan 3/17/2020
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #42
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands
     
    Cptn. Monkeyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 4,423

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClearlakeSun25 View Post
    Own them all and rotate listening to a show almost daily.

    Top 10 in order
    1
    3
    11
    2
    17
    47
    39
    10
    4
    7

    Donít @ me on my love for #4. Richmond Jam is the shittttt
    Damn, I always forget about 4. That is an iconic show
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #43
    GraceBuckley
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 318

    Shows Seen: 81

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Has anyone from the DMB official camp ever commented on what criteria they use to pick which shows get released as Live Trax? I'd love to know how they choose, beyond just shows they think were great and sound great.

    Never knew my 1st show ever ended up a Live Trax release, Live Trax 33 1/31/95 Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel. Had never heard DMB; went because I won tix I wanted to see Big Head Todd & The Monsters, who started as the headliner on that tour but quietly the bands switched places because everyone was leaving after DMB played.

    Needless to say I kind of noticed DMB were not the worst band ever...

    Lucky to have been at Live Trax #s 1, 3, and 11 as well. Crazy lucky.

    Last edited by GraceBuckley; Yesterday at 05:52 PM.
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #44
    GraceBuckley
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 318

    Shows Seen: 81

    Re: Best Live Trax?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
    Has anyone from the DMB official camp ever commented on what criteria they use to pick which shows get released as Live Trax? I'd love to know how they choose, beyond just shows they think were great and sound great.

    Never knew my 1st show ever ended up a Live Trax release, Live Trax 33 1/31/95 Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel. Had never heard DMB; went because I won tix I wanted to see Big Head Todd & The Monsters, who started as the headliner on that tour but quietly the bands switched places because everyone was leaving after DMB played.

    Needless to say I kind of noticed DMB were not the worst band ever...

    Lucky to have been at Live Trax #s 1, 3, and 11 as well. Crazy lucky.
    Wow, I just checked my own list, turns out I've definitely been to EIGHT Live Trax shows, 50/50 chance I went to Live Trax 1 (I actually don't remember if I went 1st night or 2nd), and I've been to 2 DMBLive shows.

    So even more curious now what the criteria are from the band's POV in choosing which shows to release.

    Been to Live Trax shows:
    1 (?)
    3
    7
    8
    11
    23
    31
    38
    43

    Last edited by GraceBuckley; Yesterday at 06:09 PM.
    GraceBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter