How many shows are you doing in 2021? - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #91
DIDriveOut2SPAC
American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

Re: How many shows are you doing in 2021?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
Its normal here too. Besides dumb seating rules at restaurants and no movie theater yet. My kids are playing baseball and doing dance classes. We are in school and all but three high schools in my county are open in person no mask mandate. The others, including the one I work at, are remote right now thanks to ridiculous quarantine guidlines and no evidence of community spread in the schools.

We are way beyond doing our "patriotic duty" for 2 weeks. Covid and the regulations surrounding it have become way to partisan and political at this point to get the majority of Americans to do anything together as a whole.

Also I know you meant it in a derogatory way but individual liberty is the single most important issue to me. Everything else pales in comparison. I'm 100% against any government mandate for "the greater good"
You need to let go of the 2 weeks framework that happened at the beginning of the spike where we didn't even know the full extent of how fast this thing was spreading. We know much more know and have to adjust accordingly.

I adore my country and the liberty it provides. I agree your liberty should be close to unalienable. But willy nilly liberty choices are not making ANYTHING better and is going to ruin it for all of us.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-26-2020, 01:33 PM   #92
    mposey34
    LET'S GEAUX

Shows Seen: 22

5 - Deer Creek x2, Texas Two-Step and Durant, OK (Come See For Yourself!)
    Old 08-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #93
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

Man this thread sure did take a swing lol
    Old 08-26-2020, 01:50 PM   #94
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 45

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
    And why why WHY is this such a hard mandate to follow? For the life of me, I can not understand it.

As for protests - by definition they are going to continue whether you place a mandate on them or not and as long as white people shoot black people point blank in the back its not going to stop. If random people kept killing my friends and family and all I got were "thoughts and prayers" I know for certain at some point I would get that angry.
    The masks are tough for many simply because it was mandated by government. The same government with laughablly inconsistent and partisan guidelines. Im not against wearing a mask or a private business mandating one for me to enter the store. I'm against the government doing so.

I have a problem with violence and destruction against innocent people and their property. I also have a problem with the narrative around it. Its not just innocent blacks being "hunted" by white cops. State violence is wrong and it impacts everyone not just POC. The police have too much power and no consequences for their actions. Ending qualified immunity, changing some bs laws, and restructuring what the police do would go a long way in solving the issues. But its so toxic right now that any time something that fits the narrative happens it gets blown up and that city gets burned down. That isn't productive and won't lead to the change they say they want
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #95
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 28

Quote:
    There are many primarily people on the left that repeatedly call for their governor to mandate masks and call for even more restrictions on businesses and our behavior.
    That's different from saying people want a shutdown.

Quote:
    Also many state officials that provide inconsistent guidelines on who is allowed to do what.

Quote:
    There are numerous examples of large group bans unless its a BLM related protest. That is complete and utter bullshit. Its either safe to be in a group of people or it is not. The reason couldn't matter less. The virus doesn't differentiate between a BLM protest or a church service or a concert or sporting event or movie theater
    Your problem seems to be with BLM, and that's a discussion for a different thread, but I'd point out that both sides have held protests or rallies in the era of COVID; it's also important to note that not all gatherings are equal - outdoors, with masks, and with distance would be ideal; obviously that hasn't always been the case. But it's still a safer-type event than things done indoors. It's part of why I'm hopeful for 2021 concerts, though, because there's a chance that with a mask and some distancing rules there will be enough evidence to suggest that it is safe enough even without a vaccine.

Quote:
    We are returning back to pretty much normal up here, it just takes time and people doing a patriotic duty to others. Not speaking to you, but your neighbors in the south seem to have an issue with this and making it about themselves. Fauci has said, if everybody did their part for two full weeks in the beginning of this, we would be back like Italy already. But, liberty.

Quote:
    Its normal here too. Besides dumb seating rules at restaurants and no movie theater yet. My kids are playing baseball and doing dance classes.
    Complaining about no events, but complaining about rules to help a transition to normalcy, seems odd.

Quote:
    The masks are tough for many simply because it was mandated by government.
    That's a feeling issue, and completely selfish.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB
    You probably know more about this stuff than I do.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #96
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post

No it isn't. There are people who don't want others to enjoy normal life because they are too scared to live theirs normally. That feeling is so deep that they want the state to mandate that others can't do something because they don't want to.

Quote:
    Your problem seems to be with BLM, and that's a discussion for a different thread, but I'd point out that both sides have held protests or rallies in the era of COVID; it's also important to note that not all gatherings are equal - outdoors, with masks, and with distance would be ideal; obviously that hasn't always been the case. But it's still a safer-type event than things done indoors. It's part of why I'm hopeful for 2021 concerts, though, because there's a chance that with a mask and some distancing rules there will be enough evidence to suggest that it is safe enough even without a vaccine.
    i have a problem with the organization behind BLM and the narrative around it. The right wing protest to open businesses was met with ridicule and condemnation from the media and the left. They were called selfish and ignorant etc. The BLM movement is highly praised and backed by those same people including our elected officials which make special exemptions for them to spread covid and tear cities apart.

Quote:

Complaining about no events, but complaining about rules to help a transition to normalcy, seems odd.
    not complaining about rules, im complaining because they are dumb, inconsistent, and poorly implemented.

Quote:
    That's a feeling issue, and completely selfish.
    It is a feeling issue but I don't think its selfish. I was also explaining why people have an issue because I was asked. My body, my choice or something like that, right?
    Old 08-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #97
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Quote:
    You need to let go of the 2 weeks framework that happened at the beginning of the spike where we didn't even know the full extent of how fast this thing was spreading. We know much more know and have to adjust accordingly.

I adore my country and the liberty it provides. I agree your liberty should be close to unalienable. But willy nilly liberty choices are not making ANYTHING better and is going to ruin it for all of us.
    You brought up 2 weeks and Fauci not me. Also if liberty is "almost" unalienable than it doesn't exist at all. Its like speech. You either support the right to any speech even if its offensive or wrong or you are okay with speech being regulated by the mob majority. There is no grey area there.
    Old 08-26-2020, 02:35 PM   #98
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 31

The inconsistency of those bothered by the notion of mask mandate is harder to swallow than any actual mandate. Telling folks that wearing a mask was about protecting other people was a mistake and it has not being proven to be completely true. Good masks filter both ways, on the inhale as well as the exhale. The sick are being filtered when they breath out and the healthy are having the air filtered on the way in.

The problem isn't about one's ability to make a choice for themselves, but that we clearly can't trust others to make the most safe choice for others. Until that happens, no one any where in this country can be truly safe (or "back to normal)...UNLESS you don't leave your town or city OR let anyone else into your town or city. Assuming that others are healthy is as big a mistake as assuming you won't be one of the unlucky ones should you be exposed.

Acting like being a responsible citizen during a global pandemic is an attack on freeberty, speaks to humanity and gray matter issues.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 02:55 PM   #99
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 108

This thread, and the mentalities espoused in it, are exactly why I won't be going to a concert any time soon.
    Old 08-26-2020, 03:08 PM   #100
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    The inconsistency of those bothered by the notion of mask mandate is harder to swallow than any actual mandate. Telling folks that wearing a mask was about protecting other people was a mistake and it has not being proven to be completely true. Good masks filter both ways, on the inhale as well as the exhale. The sick are being filtered when they breath out and the healthy are having the air filtered on the way in.

The problem isn't about one's ability to make a choice for themselves, but that we clearly can't trust others to make the most safe choice for others. Until that happens, no one any where in this country can be truly safe (or "back to normal)...UNLESS you don't leave your town or city OR let anyone else into your town or city. Assuming that others are healthy is as big a mistake as assuming you won't be one of the unlucky ones should you be exposed.

Acting like being a responsible citizen during a global pandemic is an attack on freeberty, speaks to humanity and gray matter issues.
    Quoted to add visual of the bolded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0UclAmrhVI
    Old 08-26-2020, 03:10 PM   #101
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    This thread, and the mentalities espoused in it, are exactly why I won't be going to a concert any time soon.
    Pretty much this. People suck!

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2020, 05:21 PM   #102
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 9

Quote:
    Yes I am. We can't stop living as a whole society because some people might get sick.
    The high risk people I listed aren't just getting sick, they're the ones who may die because of this virus, some in their 20s, or younger, when they might've lived to their 80s, who didn't need to die because people aren't social distancing and wearing masks.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #103
    seanbrutus

I hope it's safe next year. That hope is what is keeping me going right now, and I'd be so demoralized if I had two years with no live music.
    Old 08-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #104
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 17

Well what needs to happen in order to make concerts and other full capacity events happen in 2021? What goalposts do we have to cross? Seems like at this point, the thinking is that with a vaccine in place the numbers will start to go down. By June of 2021? I doubt it. The vaccine won't be available to the general public until probably spring of 2021. And by then, the goalpost and the narrative will have changed anyway.

People wearing masks alone isn't going to get us there.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2020, 05:04 PM   #105
    ComeTomorrow41

Shows Seen: 0

I highly doubt we'll get any live shows before fall of 2021. That's being optimistic. Sports will be the first to figure it out. But I don't see music leading the way on this. If the NFL can't get fans in the stands, there's no way DMB will.
    ComeTomorrow41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2020, 06:26 PM   #106
    seanbrutus

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ComeTomorrow41 View Post
    I highly doubt we'll get any live shows before fall of 2021. That's being optimistic. Sports will be the first to figure it out. But I don't see music leading the way on this. If the NFL can't get fans in the stands, there's no way DMB will.
    Well I would say that either way there is a long road ahead, but right now we are comparing shows next June to games being played right now.

That being said, I see your point and the longer the year goes on, the more it seems like the most likely scenario.
    Old 09-01-2020, 04:21 PM   #107
    podiumboy

The ONLY way these concerts will happen by June of 21 is if this really is just a political game, and that the coronavirus Story in general will take a drastic change after the election.

If the election ends and things still keep going as they are (which I believe will be the case) then there is no way in hell we will be at these concerts.
    Old 09-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #108
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 27

Either 2 or zero, because, you know
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2020, 08:58 PM   #109
    podiumboy

They MIGHT allow shows to happen at a reduced capacity by summer of 2021.

The problem is, most of these shows already have the majority of the tickets already sold. They'd basically have to cancel all the tickets, and put these shows on sale again, only limit it to 1/2 capacity, 1/4 capacity, or whatever. Only allow every other seat in the pavilion to be sold or something. Split the lawn into fenced off areas and only allow so many ticket holders into each "pen", like sorting cattle. At the arena shows, sell every other seat or something. And then do controlled dismissal after the concerts, to avoid the bottleneck of trying to leave the venues.

Solutions, people! WE NEED SOLUTIONS!!!!
    Old 09-04-2020, 02:36 AM   #110
    Pmfnharris
    13 Year Gorge Expert

Shows Seen: 29

Night Zero!!!
    Pmfnharris is offline   Reply With Quote