2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 9 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #241
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
Reasonable, but I think you're still about a month or so off in the calculation. I don't see everybody who wants one being able to get one until at least early July, pushing your timeline to mid-September, which is just the other side of Labor Dave weekend. It's going to be close, especially given the fact they'll really need to know a good 1-2 months prior, in order to confirm the dates as close to 100% happening, so people can solidify travel arrangements.
I have high optimism for availability in the very near term
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #242
    tubaguy1145

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

There’s a nice graph in this article that shows how fast we’ll vaccinate the country at 2 million and 4 million shots per day. It basically shows that we should have enough vaccine supply very soon, then it’s just a matter of getting shots in arms. At 4 million shots a day, mid-summer herd immunity has a chance.

https://thedispatch.com/p/could-we-b...g-at-a-vaccine

Personally, now that my wife and I are both vaccinated, I am 100% down for some lawn seats at a full capacity show. But my wife thinks I’m crazy to even consider going to a show this summer, even if concerts are happening. Amongst my friends (all generally healthy forty year olds, or thereabouts), the men seem much more eager to return to social events, while the women feel the need to hold off on large gatherings for another summer. Not saying one is right, just an observation.
    tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-08-2021, 05:41 PM   #243
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tubaguy1145 View Post
    There’s a nice graph in this article that shows how fast we’ll vaccinate the country at 2 million and 4 million shots per day. It basically shows that we should have enough vaccine supply very soon, then it’s just a matter of getting shots in arms. At 4 million shots a day, mid-summer herd immunity has a chance.

Personally, now that my wife and I are both vaccinated, I am 100% down for some lawn seats at a full capacity show. But my wife thinks I’m crazy to even consider going to a show this summer, even if concerts are happening. Amongst my friends (all generally healthy forty year olds, or thereabouts), the men seem much more eager to return to social events, while the women feel the need to hold off on large gatherings for another summer. Not saying one is right, just an observation.
    I'm with you, man. Give me the shot and let me at 'em!! I would happily go to several concerts this summer. My wife is similar to your wife, and she's already vaccinated. Once I get my vaccine, she can stay at home all she wants... I'm gonna be raging, even if it's by myself!
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 06:06 AM   #244
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tubaguy1145 View Post

If we're told to trust the science, and you're both vaccinated, I'm not really sure where her apprehension is coming from, especially after yesterday's CDC announcement.
    Old 03-09-2021, 06:14 AM   #245
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Count me in for ready to rage. Today marks two weeks from my second shot. I'd go to a sold out show at MSG tonight. Per CDC guidelines that came out yesterday, I'd be fine.

And I'll echo others, we're probably mere weeks away from phases being removed and it being open season. We're going to peak around 4 million shots per day in April. That'll probably run through May and by late May we'll start to plateau. By July we'll be at a place of either herd immunity or those that wanted the shot have it already.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 07:15 AM   #246
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Put me in the camp that says if you can get vaccinated and choose not to...well that is your problem, not mine.

I know it would be controversial, but i really wish the stimulus tied $500 or so towards getting the shot....There are a lot of tough talkers out there about not getting it for whatever reason, but how many are so anti-vaxx/anti-Bill Gates/Anti-Science or whatever that they would leave $500 on the table? I don't know, just thinking of any way possible to get as many shots in as many arms as we can, as fast as we can.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 07:15 AM   #247
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Count me in for ready to rage. Today marks two weeks from my second shot. I'd go to a sold out show at MSG tonight. Per CDC guidelines that came out yesterday, I'd be fine.

And I'll echo others, we're probably mere weeks away from phases being removed and it being open season. We're going to peak around 4 million shots per day in April. That'll probably run through May and by late May we'll start to plateau. By July we'll be at a place of either herd immunity or those that wanted the shot have it already.
    I just don’t see the point of waiting until 2022 anymore. Is the covid state really going to be significantly better by 2022? I understand the early dates getting cut off, but September should be a go IMO.

I’d go to a show at Brandon amphitheater tomorrow. Round two of widespread would be great please
    Widespread Panic 6/8/19 was my last show period. What a great weekend it was. I was about 3 rows deep for that one on the Jimmy side. So many great memories.

Last edited by tyler3440; 03-09-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #248
    donvito72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    I just don’t see the point of waiting until 2022 anymore. Is the covid state really going to be significantly better by 2022? I understand the early dates getting cut off, but September should be a go IMO.

I’d go to a show at Brandon amphitheater tomorrow. Round two of widespread would be great please
    Widespread Panic 6/8/19 was my last show period. What a great weekend it was. I was about 3 rows deep for that one on the Jimmy side. So many great memories.
    I haven't been to a show since the Gorge in 2019. Amazing to me that would have been my last show. Seems like age ago.
    Old 03-09-2021, 07:25 AM   #249
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Agree. Panic has taken over DMB as my band. Happened about 2015. And if we're not happy with where Covid numbers are by summer, I don't know what would satisfy everyone.
    twostepr41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 07:34 AM   #250
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Being on the '23 plan makes everything a lot easier
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 07:34 AM   #251
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is the covid state really going to be significantly better by 2022?.
    I mean, yeah, probably. It’ll likely be very different come late summer, though who knows what Fall/Winter ‘21 look like. Boosters for the vaccine and another wave? I don’t think COVID will be eradicated this year - not just the US but globally, and that’s where potential for mutations is a concern - but by summer we should have a good period, and by 2022 we should have a REALLY normal experience.

But also remember that a large act like DMB has some constraints. I know a lot are pushing for a later start to the tour, but I do wonder how it impacts their bottom line - like, without the east coast tour, is it financially worth it to rev up the machinery for a mini tour in the late summer? I don’t know - I don’t know enough about their cost structure to comment. But I assume that impacts these decisions.
    Old 03-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #252
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    I mean, yeah, probably. It’ll likely be very different come late summer, though who knows what Fall/Winter ‘21 look like. Boosters for the vaccine and another wave? I don’t think COVID will be eradicated this year - not just the US but globally, and that’s where potential for mutations is a concern - but by summer we should have a good period, and by 2022 we should have a REALLY normal experience.

But also remember that a large act like DMB has some constraints. I know a lot are pushing for a later start to the tour, but I do wonder how it impacts their bottom line - like, without the east coast tour, is it financially worth it to rev up the machinery for a mini tour in the late summer? I don’t know - I don’t know enough about their cost structure to comment. But I assume that impacts these decisions.
    I obviously don't know the answer either, but I think a comment I made in response to a different concern applies here as well:

"There would probably be some serious financial repercussions of cancelling an event that all rules/regulations say is allowed to happen."

I also think that if they could tour starting around Gorge time, they could string together a long enough tour to definitely make it worthwhile. There are currently 17 shows scheduled from 9/3-10/9. Seems like enough to me already, but I think they could easily make it 30+ if they stayed on the road another month.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 08:03 AM   #253
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

We have come a long ass way since last year. Most didn’t know what the fuck this thing was last year at this time. People were killing the toilet paper aisle, spraying themself, spraying the grocery’s down, drinking Lysol. Every sporting event was cancelled. Now we have a vaccine, and getting close to normal. In many ways it feels so much more normal than last year around this time.
    Old 03-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #254
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We have come a long ass way since last year. Most didn’t know what the fuck this thing was last year at this time. People were killing the toilet paper aisle, spraying themself, spraying the grocery’s down, drinking Lysol. Every sporting event was cancelled. Now we have a vaccine, and getting close to normal. In many ways it feels so much more normal than last year around this time.

Closer yes, still a long way to go to 20k amphitheaters 4x per week across the country
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #255
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Closer yes, still a long way to go to 20k amphitheaters 4x per week across the country
    I mean true but an end is in sight. This was more a general statement. Last year at this time was chaos. We are far from that state now.
    Old 03-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #256
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Covid will never be eradicated, but I think if we get through next winter/cold and flu season without another half a million people dying, people will feel much better about things. Goal is just to make it manageable.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 08:50 AM   #257
    donvito72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
    Covid will never be eradicated, but I think if we get through next winter/cold and flu season without another half a million people dying, people will feel much better about things. Goal is just to make it manageable.
    Right - same thoughts - it will never be eradicated - goal is to keep it under control.
    Old 03-09-2021, 09:11 AM   #258
    matt630

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

So while not DMB related, the 5/28-29/2021 Avett Brothers show at Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, NY were just postponed to 5/27-28/2022.

My Tour Stats
    matt630 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #259
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

moe. in Birmingham for June was just cancelled.
    Old 03-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #260
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

All this is really just academic anyway. In a few weeks we'll be told that the vaccines aren't working against new variants. We'll start seeing charts and graphs tracking cases of "new variants" as they grow astronomically and we'll be slapped back to step 1 while the pharma companies make another goozillion dollars developing and distributing the new vaccines for each one as they pop up. Next concerts? Try 2025 in masks and pods.
    Old 03-09-2021, 10:56 AM   #261
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr41 View Post
    All this is really just academic anyway. In a few weeks we'll be told that the vaccines aren't working against new variants. We'll start seeing charts and graphs tracking cases of "new variants" as they grow astronomically and we'll be slapped back to step 1 while the pharma companies make another goozillion dollars developing and distributing the new vaccines for each one as they pop up. Next concerts? Try 2025 in masks and pods.
    https://i.giphy.com/media/AC6kJUjgqERxe/200.webp
    Old 03-09-2021, 11:03 AM   #262
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    I've been pessimistic since day 1 and, unfortunately, I've also been right.
    Old 03-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #263
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've been pessimistic since day 1 and, unfortunately, I've also been right.
    This is the way.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #264
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    This is the way.
    You have spoken!!??
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 02:01 PM   #265
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

If I end up being wrong, I'll gladly take my roasting and thoroughly enjoy it. But I wont be. This virus, as real as it may be, has been and will continue to be used as a tool to transform the way we live. It has happened, is happening and will continue to happen. There are a little over 500 people in Alabama in hospitals that have it. And some of them are there bc they have broken legs. But, here's my mask.
    Old 03-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #266
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Many people have believed that a full tour or even any shows wouldn’t happen this year. The difference is not everyone thinks it’s some kind of political or media conspiracy.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 02:33 PM   #267
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Eh, I think the opposite is happening. We're being told, increasingly, that he vaccines truly are rock solid. CDC guidance change yesterday is part of that - and the data is increasingly good; it not only protects against serious illness and hospitalization/death, but the 2 doses (and to a smaller extent, J&J's 1-dose) do a pretty good job at preventing asymptomatic transmission and likely asymptomatic infection.

Israel released data yesterday showing that less than 3% of those hospitalized with serious cases of COVID are people with full vaccination. That's great news.

And while the vaccines may be *less* effective against new variants, they aren't *not* effective; as long as that protein spike remains fairly consistent, I don't see near-term variants being problematic.

Finally, there is evidence to suggest seasonality, so as we enter spring with warmer temps as vaccine rollout continues to pick up steam, it's very likely that we see cases and deaths drop further (maybe to negligible amounts) from the current lower-but-plateaued level.

Your pessimism is misplaced. I don't know how the above impacts concerts - there's MANY other elements at play - so there may or may not be a DMB tour this year, but there will no doubt be large scale shows of some variety later this year; on top of sporting events (MLB has teams planning for at least 40% capacity on opening day - tens of thousands of people in stadiums).

Last edited by BTBaboon; 03-09-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    Old 03-09-2021, 02:40 PM   #268
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

We'll see. Unfortunately, all the feedback i get now is what I got in June of last year. It was all wrong.
    Old 03-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #269
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I think they'll play shows this year.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2021, 02:45 PM   #270
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We'll see. Unfortunately, all the feedback i get now is what I got in June of last year. It was all wrong.
    I'm not sure what you are referring to?

Do you feel that conditions wrt to COVID restrictions are still in the same place today as they were in June 2020?