*** Offical SPAC 2019 Thread *** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #121
tylereberle41

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offical SPAC 2019 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
Get a citicard. For the past several years, citi card members get presale access through ticketmaster a few days before the general public. It's still difficult to get tickets, but at least it's an extra chance. This is what I always do:

1. WH Request.
2. Citi Presale
3. Ticketmaster public sale.
4. Warehouse ticket exchange, cashortrade.org, ant's ticket exchange, and DMB ticket facebook groups.
5. Always check ticketmaster when you have some extra time. Sometimes you can catch a ticket drop.
6. Beg in this thread.
7. Be on alert for the warehouse instant ticket email.
8. If you still don't have tickets the day or two before the shows, stalk ticketmaster because there will be ticket drops.
Thanks CScott for the tip, I am a Citi Card member as well. This is fantastic, I'll hopefully see all of you there. Needless to say there is an Ants gathering at the tailgate or park?
tylereberle41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-17-2019, 01:24 PM   #122
    Gorge18Hopeful
    what's this you say

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Get a citicard. For the past several years, citi card members get presale access through ticketmaster a few days before the general public. It's still difficult to get tickets, but at least it's an extra chance. This is what I always do:

1. WH Request.
    2. Citi Presale
    4. Warehouse ticket exchange, cashortrade.org, ant's ticket exchange, and DMB ticket facebook groups.
    5. Always check ticketmaster when you have some extra time. Sometimes you can catch a ticket drop.
    6. Beg in this thread.
    8. If you still don't have tickets the day or two before the shows, stalk ticketmaster because there will be ticket drops.
    Doesn’t make me any less anxious but a nice confidence boost that if it can be done for SPAC all else should be easier
    Old 01-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #123
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Definitely "check the box" for your SPAC Warehouse requests to opt out of Lawn. SPAC is obviously a venue where WH Reserve/Pit requests FAR exceed supply. So WH will obviously first look for requests that didn't opt out of Lawn (WH takes this as you saying "I'm fine with Lawn") and give lots of those requests Lawn, holding the Reserves for folks who said they don't want Lawn. For other shows in less demand, "checking the box" isn't as important.
    dmbolp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2019, 04:45 PM   #124
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylereberle41 View Post
    Thanks CScott for the tip, I am a Citi Card member as well. This is fantastic, I'll hopefully see all of you there. Needless to say there is an Ants gathering at the tailgate or park?
    N1 there is usually a gathering in the Route 50 lot (I think at least) and N2 most people go to ballsfest (all you can eat and drink), which takes place in the park and is a non profit fundraiser type of thing for people, specifically children, with cancer. The event has become synonymous with Spac n2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS-fWjILKVo

Last edited by Cscottrun; 01-17-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #125
    nerrfhearder

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Pretty sure it was ritual sacrifice, so I'm not sure why anything's changed.

Ha! Something like that.
    nerrfhearder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #126
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    N1 there is usually a gathering in the Route 50 lot (I think at least) and N2 most people go to ballsfest (all you can eat and drink), which takes place in the park and is a non profit fundraiser type of thing for people, specifically children, with cancer. The event has become synonymous with Spac n2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS-fWjILKVo
    However we changed location of our N1 tailgate spot to over by Victoria Pool. Awesome spot last year under big pine trees and with a picnic table. Free and we got to tailgate earlier.

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
    CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #127
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Definitely "check the box" for your SPAC Warehouse requests to opt out of Lawn. SPAC is obviously a venue where WH Reserve/Pit requests FAR exceed supply. So WH will obviously first look for requests that didn't opt out of Lawn (WH takes this as you saying "I'm fine with Lawn") and give lots of those requests Lawn, holding the Reserves for folks who said they don't want Lawn. For other shows in less demand, "checking the box" isn't as important.
    I agree but there is no actual proof that happens at SPAC or any other venue for that matter.
    There are people who don't opt out of lawn and get reserved at less demand venues where they could easily give lawn and then save reserved for instants or whatever.
    So although the system seems rigged I don't think it actually is and if it was wouldn't that be "illegal" if fought because it's advertised as a lottery with equal chance for all levels.
    Think about that class action lawsuit, not worth it to them
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #128
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushLive View Post
    However we changed location of our N1 tailgate spot to over by Victoria Pool. Awesome spot last year under big pine trees and with a picnic table. Free and we got to tailgate earlier.

I’ll have to keep this in mind. I swung into the 2017 n1 tailgate for a bit in the route 50 but was only at n2 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #129
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I’ll have to keep this in mind. I swung into the 2017 n1 tailgate for a bit in the route 50 but was only at n2 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had to change because they now open the lots at 5pm. Ridiculous.

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
    CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 05:53 AM   #130
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

1. WH Request.
    2. Citi Presale
    6. Beg in this thread.
    It's like a 12 step program. You have to admit you have a problem first.

Bottom line folks- SPAC seats has consistently been the most difficult ticket on the tour since DMB started playing here regularly in 1997.

If you get tickets both nights in the first few steps you're a unicorn . If you get pits, you're a unicorn.

You need to be patient because trading season is fucking absurd. As time gets closer, people will sell when trades fall through or just are not attainable.

Honestly, your best chance at tickets is the warehouse, but denial rate is high as fuck.

Citi bank presale- joke, they might have 50 seats each night, if you're lucky. 10,000 people trying for them

General onsale- biggest joke of all. Most tickets are not released. 5 rows from the back of balcony being platinum tickets, the waiting room, the "SORRY another fan beat you to those tickets" and other bullshit dooms you

ticket exchange, etc. - Trades, lots of them, posted for months... "Never for sale" ISO threads, clogging up Warehouse boards , being bumped by Brad, hourly.

Facebook groups- you need to act fast, but the trading shit starts there and is even more absurd.

Drops- this is where a being in a facebook group helps, especially a few smaller groups. Somebody will post a drop, tickets are snapped up quickly, by bots too.

begging in the thread- useless unless you're a participant, random begging gets you nowhere.

instants- again, act fast. Notable uptick in trade posts from fuckers getting instants and with no intention of going.

So- you still wanna go to SPAC?

message Chrushlive- he's always got great tickets

**Survivor 2016 Columbia River Tragedy**
    coombse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #131
    Prezzy

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coombse View Post
    It's like a 12 step program. You have to admit you have a problem first.

Bottom line folks- SPAC seats has consistently been the most difficult ticket on the tour since DMB started playing here regularly in 1997.

If you get tickets both nights in the first few steps you're a unicorn . If you get pits, you're a unicorn.

You need to be patient because trading season is fucking absurd. As time gets closer, people will sell when trades fall through or just are not attainable.

Honestly, your best chance at tickets is the warehouse, but denial rate is high as fuck.

Citi bank presale- joke, they might have 50 seats each night, if you're lucky. 10,000 people trying for them

General onsale- biggest joke of all. Most tickets are not released. 5 rows from the back of balcony being platinum tickets, the waiting room, the "SORRY another fan beat you to those tickets" and other bullshit dooms you

ticket exchange, etc. - Trades, lots of them, posted for months... "Never for sale" ISO threads, clogging up Warehouse boards , being bumped by Brad, hourly.

Facebook groups- you need to act fast, but the trading shit starts there and is even more absurd.

Drops- this is where a being in a facebook group helps, especially a few smaller groups. Somebody will post a drop, tickets are snapped up quickly, by bots too.

begging in the thread- useless unless you're a participant, random begging gets you nowhere.

instants- again, act fast. Notable uptick in trade posts from fuckers getting instants and with no intention of going.

So- you still wanna go to SPAC?

message Chrushlive- he's always got great tickets

So you're telling there's a chance.....
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:13 AM   #132
    bouda

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

1. WH Request.
    2. Citi Presale
    6. Beg in this thread.
    Any particular Citi card worth getting over another?
    98.12.8 99.5.29 99.5.30 99.9.11 00.7.08 00.7.9 00.8.26 00.12.11 00.12.16 01.6.16 01.8.3 01.8.4 02.4.7 02.4.8 02.4.12 02.7.23 03.3.19 03.3.22 04.10.8 05.6.12 05.7.10 08.4.19 08.4.20 08.6.6 10.9.17 10.9.18 13.07.05 13.07.06 15.07.05 16.05.07 16.07.16 17.06.16 17.06.17 18.6.23 18.7.13 18.7.14 18.12.2 19.6.22 19.7.12 19.7.13 21.8.20 21.11.9 22.7.08 22.7.09
    bouda is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:30 AM   #133
    nerrfhearder

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bouda View Post
    I was looking into this as well.
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #134
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

My Tour Central Stats

Doesn’t matter which card.

If you’re doing other shows, seriously, try there. Spac has limited, shittier seats

Old 01-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #135
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prezzy View Post
    So you're telling there's a chance.....
    Of getting struck by lightning, yes

Old 01-18-2019, 06:45 AM   #136
    dharris0421

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Parking Question -

Not a noob to SPAC go every year..However, we have been staying and parking at the gideon for several years and missed out on a room this year. We like to get there for nooninsh on Friday and Saturday. I have noticed that they tape off most parking areas in the main part of the park now till 3ish. That is relatively new. Is parking available down the back road behind the pool and golf course earlier in the day? I dont think its a camp ground but it has several gazebos and dirt parking lots to the right and left off the road when you go down.

Thanks for any help.
    dharris0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #137
    TrippingCrushCT

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bouda View Post
    The CITI card presale isn't good for SPAC. They maybe have a couple pairs and everyone has a CITI card now. Best chances are WH requests, instants, and kind people who are willing to help once they upgrade.
    TrippingCrushCT is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #138
    coombse
    Salty, as fuck.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dharris0421 View Post
    Parking Question -

Not a noob to SPAC go every year..However, we have been staying and parking at the gideon for several years and missed out on a room this year. We like to get there for nooninsh on Friday and Saturday. I have noticed that they tape off most parking areas in the main part of the park now till 3ish. That is relatively new. Is parking available down the back road behind the pool and golf course earlier in the day? I dont think its a camp ground but it has several gazebos and dirt parking lots to the right and left off the road when you go down.

Thanks for any help.
    You’re talking about SPAC grounds itself. They limit parking because you need to pay. Everywhere.

Try the employee lot out front. Tell them Brad sent you. Kidding.

Go in the park, pay fee and find a small lot. The big ones are tough to get out. Most of all, mark your spot on your phone. It’s pitch black post show. And you may be buzzed

Old 01-18-2019, 07:13 AM   #139
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, I've gotten rejected for SPAC through all of my WH memberships (meaning back when I first joined in 1999, when I rejoined in 2003, again in 2010, and every year since joining again in 2016). Not that I requested every year, but when I did...

Hadn't been back to SPAC in nearly two decades when we went back for the 2017 shows (last time was DMB in 1998). Last year got N1 via TM and N2 first via Cscott and then was able to get some better tickets about a week later, passing on our first set of N2 good fortune to another fan. I was constantly scouring and missed so many drops and sales. Had our best luck w/ Cashortrade.

Got the hotel booked for this year, so it's now up to the WH ticket gods...may they ever be in our favor.

I know we're nothing special, but our first time seeing DMB was opening the main stage of the 1994 HORDE tour. We lived in New Paltz until 1999 and saw them at SPAC every year until we moved to NoVa. It's where I saw one of my first big concerts (The Cars w/ Wang Chung opening), only time I've gotten to see Eric Clapton (a musical hero/inspiration), the aforementioned HORDE show, and JT. Amazing venue. Beautiful park. Great little city. Can't wait to get back. If we could move back to NY, it's definitely one of the places we'd love to live.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #140
    TrippingCrushCT

My Tour Central Stats

175 days to go!
    Old 01-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #141
    TrippingCrushCT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, I've gotten rejected for SPAC through all of my WH memberships (meaning back when I first joined in 1999, when I rejoined in 2003, again in 2010, and every year since joining again in 2016). Not that I requested every year, but when I did...

Hadn't been back to SPAC in nearly two decades when we went back for the 2017 shows (last time was DMB in 1998). Last year got N1 via TM and N2 first via Cscott and then was able to get some better tickets about a week later, passing on our first set of N2 good fortune to another fan. I was constantly scouring and missed so many drops and sales. Had our best luck w/ Cashortrade.

Got the hotel booked for this year, so it's now up to the WH ticket gods...may they ever be in our favor.

I know we're nothing special, but our first time seeing DMB was opening the main stage of the 1994 HORDE tour. We lived in New Paltz until 1999 and saw them at SPAC every year until we moved to NoVa. It's where I saw one of my first big concerts (The Cars w/ Wang Chung opening), only time I've gotten to see Eric Clapton (a musical hero/inspiration), the aforementioned HORDE show, and JT. Amazing venue. Beautiful park. Great little city. Can't wait to get back. If we could move back to NY, it's definitely one of the places we'd love to live.
    I don't think you are alone. I get rejected way more than I get confirmed for SPAC but every now and then you get lucky. Fingers crossed this is the year!
    Old 01-18-2019, 07:53 AM   #142
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Addendum to my previous post...I know they didn't play SPAC every year from, we just went every year they did before we moved.
    Old 01-18-2019, 08:04 AM   #143
    nerrfhearder

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I was at that HORDE show at SPAC - I always think how lucky I was to be in the amphitheater that day (it was sooo empty - it was just before they hit big) - my brother mentioned we should check out DMB since they opened for the band LIVE that we wanted to see as well and the rest was history.
    Old 01-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #144
    nerrfhearder

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Addendum to my previous post...I know they didn't play SPAC every year from, we just went every year they did before we moved.
    Same - I haven't missed a year with DMB at SPAC so far - sometimes lawn, sometimes amphitheater...
    Old 01-18-2019, 08:12 AM   #145
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nerrfhearder View Post
    I was at that HORDE show at SPAC - I always think how lucky I was to be in the amphitheater that day (it was sooo empty - it was just before they hit big) - my brother mentioned we should check out DMB since they opened for the band LIVE that we wanted to see as well and the rest was history.
    We were there for BHTM and the Allmans. We listened to DMB while we walked around wondering who the heck he was/they were. They sounded alright, but my attention was definitely on finding my friends and starting to "enjoy" the day. Within a couple of weeks we were bigger fans and then we saw them again at the Palace in Albany in February...again mainly going for BTHM, but very excited for the double bill. Everything changed that night. Roi's solo in Jimi Thing was magical. The sound of the band in that venue...just mind-blowing.

So, it took a few months, but we got eventually and fully got there and fully understood. An understanding that has remained (albeit tested) for all these years.
    Old 01-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #146
    nerrfhearder

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We were there for BHTM and the Allmans. We listened to DMB while we walked around wondering who the heck he was/they were. They sounded alright, but my attention was definitely on finding my friends and starting to "enjoy" the day. Within a couple of weeks we were bigger fans and then we saw them again at the Palace in Albany in February...again mainly going for BTHM, but very excited for the double bill. Everything changed that night. Roi's solo in Jimi Thing was magical. The sound of the band in that venue...just mind-blowing.

So, it took a few months, but we got eventually and fully got there and fully understood. An understanding that has remained (albeit tested) for all these years.
    I remember to this day my brother describing DMB as a guitar player from South Africa with a cool band, and think ok lets see how they sound. LOL

Yeah I was there mainly for Blues Traveler, LIVE and BTHM, right after the set we went up to the merch tent and bought RTT and Recently CDs. Seem to remember Roi & Boyd guesting with BT.
    Old 01-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #147
    burrchik1

Shows Seen: 86

My Tour Central Stats

I went to HORDE that year at the state fair in Syracuse. I was 11. My Dad took me to mainly see The Allman Brothers but enjoyed seeing Blues Traveler & DMB, and here we are....

Last edited by burrchik1; 01-18-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    burrchik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #148
    stoga09

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by burrchik1 View Post
    I went to HORDE that year at the state fair in Syracuse. I was 11. My Dad took me to mainly see The Allman Brothers but enjoyed seeing Blues Traveler & DMB, and here we are....
    Amazing. I heard there was hardly anyone there when DMB played. That recording sounds great from that day.
    stoga09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #149
    burrchik1

Shows Seen: 86

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoga09 View Post
    Amazing. I heard there was hardly anyone there when DMB played. That recording sounds great from that day.
    My Dad won tickets from a local radio station and the seats were in the grandstand. It was nearly empty up there as I recall...
    burrchik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #150
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 144

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushLive View Post
    I loved this spot!

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    “what’s going on here?!” , another fan , meatball , salty , the xx killer