Share your unpopular DMB opinions. - Page 194 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2022, 11:51 PM   #5791
spoot388
 
spoot388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scranton, Pa
Posts: 27,313

Shows Seen: 81

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
I know lots of people on here thinks Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd is not something they care to hear at shows, maybe if the rest of the set is amazing it might be tolerable. Could even ruin shows for people, but I love it. I have a life experience that really resembles that song in a lot of ways. Love the line “Funny the feeling when forever ends.”

its normally a crowd killer, but it was fantastic during the acoustic set years. it would need to be played sparingly and placed well to work during a full band 1 set show, like an occasional E1 spot.
__________________
-Jason
spoot388 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-17-2022, 11:57 PM   #5792
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands
     
    Cptn. Monkeyman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 6,215

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I know lots of people on here thinks Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd is not something they care to hear at shows, maybe if the rest of the set is amazing it might be tolerable. Could even ruin shows for people, but I love it. I have a life experience that really resembles that song in a lot of ways. Love the line “Funny the feeling when forever ends.”
    It was a highlight for me at the Charleston show this year. Perfect song for that breezy summer night
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2022, 12:07 AM   #5793
    Route_2
    Blue-Anony
     
    Route_2's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Seattle
    Posts: 27,221

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    I love the Stolen Away on the WH disc where you can hear Dave yell "Yeah!" when the horns come in in the beginning.
    __________________
    DMB YouTube Live:https://tinyurl.com/3h4jeta4
    Route_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2022, 01:58 AM   #5794
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.
     
    RSSR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 8,562

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    its normally a crowd killer, but it was fantastic during the acoustic set years. it would need to be played sparingly and placed well to work during a full band 1 set show, like an occasional E1 spot.
    Thank you for telling me what my unpopular opinion should be.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2022, 12:04 PM   #5795
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 927

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I know lots of people on here thinks Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd is not something they care to hear at shows, maybe if the rest of the set is amazing it might be tolerable. Could even ruin shows for people, but I love it. I have a life experience that really resembles that song in a lot of ways. Love the line “Funny the feeling when forever ends.”
    Stolen away is in my top 15. It’s a great song. Replace carters robotic drumming on the studio cut with something funky and you have a dmb classic.

    I’ll take it at every show.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2022, 12:51 PM   #5796
    hopewelljones
     
    Join Date: Mar 2022
    Posts: 486

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Stolen away is in my top 15. It’s a great song. Replace carters robotic drumming on the studio cut with something funky and you have a dmb classic.

    I’ll take it at every show.
    Hello again
    *well hello there*
    It seems like forever between now and then
    *my it’s been a long long time*

    Funny to think how the time slips away…
    hopewelljones is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2022, 02:43 PM   #5797
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 927

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hopewelljones View Post
    Hello again
    *well hello there*
    It seems like forever between now and then
    *my it’s been a long long time*

    Funny to think how the time slips away…
    Indeed. Funny the way it is.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 03:22 AM   #5798
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.
     
    RSSR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 8,562

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    I hope the band revisits full band Some Devil like they once did in ‘07.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #5799
    hopewelljones
     
    Join Date: Mar 2022
    Posts: 486

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I hope the band revisits full band Some Devil like they once did in ‘07.
    So good
    hopewelljones is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-29-2022, 03:30 PM   #5800
    arizza11
     
    arizza11's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Pittsburgh
    Posts: 1,315

    Shows Seen: 91

    Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I know lots of people on here thinks Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd is not something they care to hear at shows, maybe if the rest of the set is amazing it might be tolerable. Could even ruin shows for people, but I love it. I have a life experience that really resembles that song in a lot of ways. Love the line “Funny the feeling when forever ends.”
    I love Stolen Away!!
    __________________
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII
    6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS
    '91 '92 '09 '16 '17
    5 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
    arizza11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram