Easter 2012. Resurrection of The DMB via Steve Lillywhite Twitter - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > Epic Threads

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #91
wizkid983
Clever Girl...

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Easter 2012. Resurrection of The DMB via Steve Lillywhite Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tub50328 View Post
Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings. I'm well educated. Well versed. I know that situations like this, new albums wise, they're very complex.
Wait, are you a lawyer? Oh, and you're from Philadelphia!
ARE YOU TOM HANKS?!
wizkid983 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #92
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lafleurjp View Post
    i don't understand how the OP's analogy regarding twitter responses v. interview questions is lost on so many of you. in the prior, the man has absolutely no reason to post a response to a question some dip-shit following him on twitter asks... if he he elects to, it is completely gratuitous. Conversely, in an interview of any sort, there is a very obvious need for some sort of response to a question of the same nature. the argument "pshhhhhhhhh he's part of the process of course he's going to give it an awesome review" is considerably undermined when you consider the fact that he very obviously does not have to respond to twitter questions ever. In fact, he ignores dozens and dozens of questions a day. He has no obligation to answer, and is not thought any less of for dodging a question.

if SL is out there gratuitously offering amplified reviews of dmbs latest (incomplete i might add) work, it would seem to fly in the face of everything he's said in the past RE recording with DMB, his personal opinion on tLWS, and the closed-lip nature of the current session . In short, he would be fool.

I certainly don't mean to imply that b/c SL says the album is good, it's going to unequivocally be one thing or another, what i mean to say is it' unlikely, IMHO, that SL is running around stoking the flames of anticipation with shallow rhetoric regarding the quality of the forthcoming album. that. would. just. be. stupid.
    Just saying this is right on. Lillywhite even did respond to one person a while back when it was first announced he was working with DMB and he was saying Big 4 or whatever someone asked him "of course you are gonna say this even if it sucked." And he said I wouldn't say anything if I didn't like it.

Yes people/groups promote crap on twitter but Lillywhite is a guy who's been honest about stuff before. Called Everyday and Stand Up pieces of shit basically and said he didn't like the Lillywhite Sessions that got leaked because they weren't finished.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #93
    aggiekjw

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    You're not familiar w/ "media" or "the entertainment industry" or "twitter" are you

People promote awful terrible things literally all of the time, on twitter and everywhere, solicited or unsolicited. People get excited when they work on things, even if those things may later turn out to be shit. Look at Stand Up. It is impossible to analyze and evaluate the present accurately; Lillywhite and the Band saying a thing means Nothing At All.

Plus it's on twitter where people just Say Shit all the time w/ no rhyme or reason.

Also god damn it I'm arguing w/ DMBc

Just wait for the dumb thing to come out, nobody actually knows anything until then.
    god you are a fucking tool bag. you really are a negative piece of shit that's been to 6 dmb shows and posted 33K times on the boards. In short, you have no life, and spend it being negative on a dmb fan site. you even come on here to discuss television shows that have nothing to do with dmb. seriously, why would anyone respect your opinion? You review television shows regularly on a dmb fan site, but call the bands new album "stupid" and say you don't want to see dmb becuase you only like "good music"... just shut the fuck up and go review some piece of shit american television show..
    aggiekjw is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #94
    aggiekjw

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're not familiar w/ "media" or "the entertainment industry" or "twitter" are you

People promote awful terrible things literally all of the time, on twitter and everywhere, solicited or unsolicited. People get excited when they work on things, even if those things may later turn out to be shit. Look at Stand Up. It is impossible to analyze and evaluate the present accurately; Lillywhite and the Band saying a thing means Nothing At All.

Plus it's on twitter where people just Say Shit all the time w/ no rhyme or reason.

Also god damn it I'm arguing w/ DMBc

Just wait for the dumb thing to come out, nobody actually knows anything until then.
    Also, I am not familiar with twitter.. I don't even have a twitter account. I do however know that steve lillywhite gets boat loads of twitter messages and chooses to respond to certain ones. therefore, unlike other bands blindly promoting their album, steve lillhywhite, in my opinion, appears to be a producer and fan that is excited about what they accomplished in teh studio. furthermore, his hype of the album is only going to be viewed by at most 25K dmb fans, likely far less. So his "hype" as you describe will have no measurable impact on sales, fan satisfaction, or anything. He even acknowledges this on his twitter account by saying "I hope they have more fans than follow me". The previous hype that everyone is citing was viewed by anyone that was signed up for dmb emails. Everyone that has ever bought a dmb ticket got e-mails about big whiskey and stand up album sites that were followed by 100K's of people. Steve Lillywhite is speaking to a very small group of people on his twitter account, and he knows it. It isn't hype... It's just a producer working on new DMB in Seattle that is excited. so go review another episode of your favorite stupid fucking tv show, like the ones where aliens bomb other aliens and steal precious prizes or whatever other fantasy land shows you like to cover.. you live in the fantasy world of online messages boards and are a fucking loser..
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #95
    morecornbread!!
    RIP Boyd

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aggiekjw View Post
    god you are a fucking tool bag. you really are a negative piece of shit that's been to 6 dmb shows and posted 33K times on the boards. In short, you have no life, and spend it being negative on a dmb fan site. you even come on here to discuss television shows that have nothing to do with dmb. seriously, why would anyone respect your opinion? You review television shows regularly on a dmb fan site, but call the bands new album "stupid" and say you don't want to see dmb becuase you only like "good music"... just shut the fuck up and go review some piece of shit american television show..
    He averages 11 posts a day, which isn't that bad. Chill out. No reason to get mad here man. "eat drink and be merry". I find it creepy that you care enough about him to read his television reviews on a regular basis on a DMB fan site.
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #96
    JCpatriot66

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Jesus, what the hell happened in here?
    JCpatriot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #97
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

hahaha this is just...wow

DMBs coming out with a new album...hell fucking yes!
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #98
    aggiekjw

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by morecornbread!! View Post
    He averages 11 posts a day, which isn't that bad. Chill out. No reason to get mad here man. "eat drink and be merry". I find it creepy that you care enough about him to read his television reviews on a regular basis on a DMB fan site.
    I just can't stand when someone makes a decent thread and it gets trolled by someone. I was trying to inform casual viewers of the site about positive news on steve lillywhite's twitter and this clown shows up and becomes professor of band hype and twitter behavior..
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #99
    MinaretMarching

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings. I'm well educated. Well versed. I know that situations like this, new albums wise, they're very complex.
    If anyone wants to crack Temple University's email, this guy's username is his Temple email. Not that it matters, I'm sure he would have given it out if asked hahaha. I just thought it funny having seen this and gone there. Temple Law is nothing to mess with.
    MinaretMarching is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #100
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    hahaha this is just...wow

DMBs coming out with a new album...hell fucking yes!
    OG DMB IS COMING OUT WITH the...BEST ALBUM OF THEIR CAREER (or ever).

Dumb ass.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #101
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BotheBJfan View Post
    OG DMB IS COMING OUT WITH the...BEST ALBUM OF THEIR CAREER (or ever).

Dumb ass.
    haha my apologies..
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #102
    tub50328

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MinaretMarching View Post
    If anyone wants to crack Temple University's email, this guy's username is his Temple email. Not that it matters, I'm sure he would have given it out if asked hahaha. I just thought it funny having seen this and gone there. Temple Law is nothing to mess with.
    Haha I'll only be using this email for another month or so until graduation. I wonder how many ants emails I'll get now... T for Temple U! What year did you graduate?
    2008 Hershey 2009 Hershey, Camden 2010 SPAC, Hershey, Camden, Wrigley, Philly 2011 AC Caravan 2012 Hershey, Camden, Philly 2013 Camden 2014 Camden 2015 Camden, Gorge 2016 Oak Mountain, Gorge, 2017 Nashville 2018 Atlanta, Orange Beach, Gorge 2019 Oak Mountain, Nashville, Gorge 2021 Gorge, Milwaukee
    tub50328 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #103
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Haha I'll only be using this email for another month or so until graduation. I wonder how many ants emails I'll get now... T for Temple U! What year did you graduate?
    Do you prefer white dicks, black dicks, hispanic dicks, or midget dicks?

I ask because email wise, you are gunna get SO MANY! You might as well state your preference.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #104
    tub50328

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Do you prefer white dicks, black dicks, hispanic dicks, or midget dicks?

I ask because email wise, you are gunna get SO MANY! You might as well state your preference.
    Asian. Please.
    2008 Hershey 2009 Hershey, Camden 2010 SPAC, Hershey, Camden, Wrigley, Philly 2011 AC Caravan 2012 Hershey, Camden, Philly 2013 Camden 2014 Camden 2015 Camden, Gorge 2016 Oak Mountain, Gorge, 2017 Nashville 2018 Atlanta, Orange Beach, Gorge 2019 Oak Mountain, Nashville, Gorge 2021 Gorge, Milwaukee
    tub50328 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #105
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

OP. What do you expect Lillywhite to say?
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #106
    aggiekjw

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    OP. What do you expect Lillywhite to say?
    can you not read? I would expect Lillywhite to not answer the question specifically asking if the album was as good as the big 3. He could have answered one of the other many questions he has on his twitter.. He also could simply say, it's a "great album" or "I had a blast recording an awesome album" or "dmb did an outstanding job on the album"

There are literally 10 000 positive things he could say besides "This album is better than all the other albums I did with dmb, including btcs"

Is that clear enough for you?
    Old 04-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #107
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Also, I am not familiar with twitter.. I don't even have a twitter account. I do however know that steve lillywhite gets boat loads of twitter messages and chooses to respond to certain ones. therefore, unlike other bands blindly promoting their album, steve lillhywhite, in my opinion, appears to be a producer and fan that is excited about what they accomplished in teh studio. furthermore, his hype of the album is only going to be viewed by at most 25K dmb fans, likely far less. So his "hype" as you describe will have no measurable impact on sales, fan satisfaction, or anything. He even acknowledges this on his twitter account by saying "I hope they have more fans than follow me". The previous hype that everyone is citing was viewed by anyone that was signed up for dmb emails. Everyone that has ever bought a dmb ticket got e-mails about big whiskey and stand up album sites that were followed by 100K's of people. Steve Lillywhite is speaking to a very small group of people on his twitter account, and he knows it. It isn't hype... It's just a producer working on new DMB in Seattle that is excited. so go review another episode of your favorite stupid fucking tv show, like the ones where aliens bomb other aliens and steal precious prizes or whatever other fantasy land shows you like to cover.. you live in the fantasy world of online messages boards and are a fucking loser..
    Quote:
    can you not read? I would expect Lillywhite to not answer the question specifically asking if the album was as good as the big 3. He could have answered one of the other many questions he has on his twitter.. He also could simply say, it's a "great album" or "I had a blast recording an awesome album" or "dmb did an outstanding job on the album"

There are literally 10 000 positive things he could say besides "This album is better than all the other albums I did with dmb, including btcs"

Is that clear enough for you?
    hahahahaha
    Old 04-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #108
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

This Thread Owns
    Old 04-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #109
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

I updated my profiel I've been to 32,492 shows now
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #110
    ShotgunDMB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Straight to da clubs.
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #111
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

Shotz + Stepz up in here
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #112
    aggiekjw

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hahahahaha
    If you want a real laugh, just proceed to http://twitter.com/#!/oshuaj

you are such a clown. If I met you at a dmb show I'd probably throw a beer in your face.. but since you never go, I'm thankful I won't have to do that..
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #113
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

lmao

Settle down dude
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #114
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

If I met you IRL (In Real Life) I would make you a sandwich A KNUCKLE SANDWHICH YOU CAD
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #115
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

If I saw you at Wal-Mart I'd steal from your cart + cut in front of you so hard god dang
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #116
    Flipping Willie

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Lillywhite is a toolbag, who is not in the top 3 producers for U2. He's worse than a guy that goes by Flood.
    Who cares, u2 sucks and is undoubtedly the most overrated band of all time.
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #117
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

If we were a middle-aged married couple I'd probably divorce you that's what I'd do
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #118
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

If you were Thomas Jefferson and I was John Adams I would write very critically of you regarding the role of the federal government and the strength of our national military, we would later die on the same day July 4 1826
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #119
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

If we were on an Internet forum I'd get rly rly mad for no reason and make long bad posts a lot I would
    Old 04-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #120
    Flipping Willie

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Here's the breakdown as I see it.

-This will be the best produced album since BTCS
    -I hope the songwriting is better than Everyday, Stand Up, and BW. Though I wouldn't expect it to be on par with the big 4.
    -I have a gut feeling that we'll get somewhere in the realm of 50% (Shotgun, SUAD, etc.) unreleased material and 50% new stuff.
    -Even though this band seems to feed off the producers input quite a bit in the end it's all dependent on the song quality on the album which Lillywhite (even though I like him) will have very little to do with. and Judging by the majority of Dave's recent songwriting my expectation is better then the most recent 3 but not as good as the big 4. Somewhere in the middle.

Tags
    epic? , may or may not be epic , no waves no tod