New Album Coming Soon? - Page 29 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old Today, 09:35 AM   #841
Aforauer

Shows Seen: 11

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Hopefully this isnít an instance where Dave gets excited with the new material he has, then sits on it too long and then pulls the plug after hyping it up. Really would like to hear some official news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old Today, 10:46 AM   #842
    camptravisr
    Numbered Beats

Shows Seen: 39

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Something like that would be cool too. I'd love for any video and/or audio from the band with the new songs in a different format that than the base studio album. IIRC the Revivalists song I shared was part of a series of videos they released periodically in the build up to the album release. That would be cool too. A great way to keep fans engaged and hype up the album.

That was the first T Swift song I've heard since Blank Space maybe. It was surprisingly, to me at least, quite good, and so much different that what I thought she was. Is that whole album like that?

Why would you not want it? Who cares if the songs have their legs yet. Seeing new content of the boys playing together and giving us a live twist on the new songs we may not get to hear live for a while would be really cool.
    Agreed, I'll take new DMB in any format.

And T Swift made some great music. Give the album a listen!
    camptravisr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:19 PM   #843
    theflower

Shows Seen: 0

Quote:
    Originally Posted by but1well View Post
    I don't know, 3/5 last Live Trax releases were 96/98/04 years which are fantastic years for the band. They might not be the exact show from those years people are clamoring for, granted. But this year has seen Dave do several solo sets from his home, a WH exclusive session with Carter and Dave, and Live Trax 6 & 7 released on vinyl.

They did a damn good job in 2020 in my opinion
    I appreciate their efforts in 2020 but i echo the substance of the quote you're referencing because i think it pertains to studio releases. as good as some of the studio material is, this band is just not a studio band and they are not oriented towards releasing studio albums. Dave has disavowed the notion of studio albums for a long time in the age of digital music yet the band continues to record, and is sitting on loads of material. it's totally their prerogative as artists, i just don't particularly understand it. why invest the time and resources to record studio albums of course, there's a lot i don't understand about the bands' taste in its own music and its choices on studio albums. regardless, if history means anything, there really is no reason to anticipate anything at this point. when and if anything does materialize i'll be right there salivating like the rest of you.
    theflower is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:29 PM   #844
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

Quote:
    Originally Posted by but1well View Post
    I don't know, 3/5 last Live Trax releases were 96/98/04 years which are fantastic years for the band. They might not be the exact show from those years people are clamoring for, granted. But this year has seen Dave do several solo sets from his home, a WH exclusive session with Carter and Dave, and Live Trax 6 & 7 released on vinyl.

They did a damn good job in 2020 in my opinion
    Agreed. Dave stepped up big time with all those solo shows, and quite frankly the break got me more excited about the band again. I've even grown to appreciate the new form of the band.

And the Drive-ins were great. For obvious reasons they had to release shows from 2018 and 19. The band wants to stay relevant, so they're not going to release an old show from a band that doesn't exist every week. Speaking of every week...they posted a live show EVERY week this summer for like 12 weeks straight! We hsvr something like 12 DVD quality shows that didn't exist before last summer. Among those they released a stellar 2003 LT show, an 06 show that was also stellar given the performances, the most wanted caravan show from 2011 Atlantic City, a pretty interesting 2010 show, solid show from 07 with Roi, Roi's LAST show, and one of the most coveted shows of all time, N3 Gorge 02...not sure what they did wrong here.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 12:48 PM   #845
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 31

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    Agreed. Dave stepped up big time with all those solo shows, and quite frankly the break got me more excited about the band again. I've even grown to appreciate the new form of the band.

And the Drive-ins were great. For obvious reasons they had to release shows from 2018 and 19. The band wants to stay relevant, so they're not going to release an old show from a band that doesn't exist every week. Speaking of every week...they posted a live show EVERY week this summer for like 12 weeks straight! We hsvr something like 12 DVD quality shows that didn't exist before last summer. Among those they released a stellar 2003 LT show, an 06 show that was also stellar given the performances, the most wanted caravan show from 2011 Atlantic City, a pretty interesting 2010 show, solid show from 07 with Roi, Roi's LAST show, and one of the most coveted shows of all time, N3 Gorge 02...not sure what they did wrong here.
    Nothing really, this is just a collective DMB fan equivalent of the Comic Book Guy.

Last edited by grilldanmo; Today at 12:49 PM.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old Today, 01:42 PM   #846
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 13

Should we ask Stefan to elaborate on the album on Twitter since we’ve reached the new goal post??
    ElijahSoRight72 is online now   Reply With Quote