Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-15-2016, 07:51 PM   #31
cph9680

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thre

Go to Ticketmaster the day or two before the show and get better seats than the Warehouse could ever offer, hmm? Not much to think about on that one...
cph9680 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #32
    robertrose1955

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thre

Also keep in mind the quality of the tickets being confirmed for new members. I was a Warehouse member for one year (2012). The only shows I requested were both nights at Starlake (07/13 and 07/14/2012) and got stuck with lawn tickets for both shows so I cancelled the next year. Just didn't see the point, especially after I've gotten much better tickets without a membership.
    robertrose1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #33
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by robertrose1955 View Post
    Also keep in mind the quality of the tickets being confirmed for new members. I was a Warehouse member for one year (2012). The only shows I requested were both nights at Starlake (07/13 and 07/14/2012) and got stuck with lawn tickets for both shows so I cancelled the next year. Just didn't see the point, especially after I've gotten much better tickets without a membership.
    Thats not how things are divided up now. Also you can opt out of lawn and get reserved or nothing

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 06:14 AM   #34
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

While I totally understand senior members' beef with pit/premium/tiers, there is one thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, the WH confirm thread, the 2016 tour thread, or anywhere else... maybe it was mentioned on the pod cast?

Everyone cites the WH policy (and I'm paraphrasing) that the longer you are in the WH the better your seats will be. However, isn't it also stated in the policy that whether or not your get confirmed for a show is totally random regardless or seniority and seniority only comes into play regarding seat assignments once you are confirmed?

The pit/premium/tiers complaints are totally valid, but with regard to getting confirmed, am I missing something?
    Old 02-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #35
    Moshav

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrkarger View Post
    Everyone cites the WH policy (and I'm paraphrasing) that the longer you are in the WH the better your seats will be. However, isn't it also stated in the policy that whether or not your get confirmed for a show is totally random regardless or seniority and seniority only comes into play regarding seat assignments once you are confirmed?

The pit/premium/tiers complaints are totally valid, but with regard to getting confirmed, am I missing something?
    That's my understanding. My current membership is two years old, and if I'm confirmed for lowers, I expect and assume that nobody with a worse "lower" seat than mine would have an older WH account. The 12/98 members that unluckily get uppers for that show would have the "best" uppers.

So I would think a one-year member that gets uppers would have the worst WH seats, and a 12/98 member that gets lowers would have the best seats (except for the premiums).
    Moshav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 07:21 AM   #36
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    It's not enough that they added the pit. Then they added premium seating then they decided the tier thing. Not sure why I keep renewing.
    Yes. This is a huge thing that people blow off as not a big deal. 2010 my local show was one of the few that didn't have a pit, and this was the year they started it. I was row 2. The next year we still didn't have a pit but then we had premium tickets and I was pushed back to row 9. Then when the pit came into play it was row 10 and it keeps getting further back.

I get that you want newer members to have a shot too but that's not what the policy states. I mean that's like starting a job and complaining that you don't get the same amount of vacation time and benefits as someone who has been there 18 years.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #37
    DaveGross34

Shows Seen: 116

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I left the WH as a 12 year member in Dec 2012. Since then, I have been to 10 shows from NJ to FL, and never had a problem getting just as good, or better tickets than I got through the warehouse. I also don't need any more CD's. A professional recording of Rhyme and Reason from 1997 just doesn't do anything for me.
    DaveGross34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 07:59 AM   #38
    bigbeartilidie

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

I never posted how I did, but in case somebody is compiling statistics:

2011 account
    NH - requested 1@pit/confirmed 1@upper (did not check box)
    NH - requested 1@pit/confirmed 1@pit (did not check box)
    WPB N2 - requested 2@lower/confirmed 2@upper (priority show/checked the box)
    Gorge N3 - requested 1@pit/confirmed 1@upper (checked the box)

Everything else I did were lawns, so I'm not going to bother listing those. So my confirmation rate was great. Considering how many people were declined WPB, I'm fine with all of this. Although I do a lot of lawns, so I am generally not that particular.
    Old 02-16-2016, 08:31 AM   #39
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

WH membership lapses in two days.... muahahaha

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #40
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Why not just wait til a few weeks before show time and get tix for way cheaper than face? Do people need the pretty WH stubs?
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 09:20 AM   #41
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I haven't heard y'all mention the tier lottery yet, and that's really the big fuck you from the WH this year (and last).

So now, even on "seniority nights", older members can still get uppers, which is bullshit. My 2004 account, which would pull lowers at the Texas shows, now risks uppers (which I couldn't even GIVE away for free last year once I upgraded) so it's utterly useless. If I wanted shitty uppers, I'd offer someone a 12-pack of Lonestar in the lots for a pair of them. I certainly don't need to pay a fan club membership and full price to get that crap.
    Old 02-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #42
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    Why not just wait til a few weeks before show time and get tix for way cheaper than face? Do people need the pretty WH stubs?
    You always say this and I have no idea where you get it from. Im sure theres some random instances, but if youre trying to get tix to a mid or high demand show, I have no idea where you think youre getting them for "way cheaper than face" unless theyre lawn or maybe shitty uppers. I consistently get them for face a few weeks or days before shows. But Ive never seen a good seat get sold for less than face.

Quote:

Last edited by TheLastPig; 02-16-2016 at 09:33 AM.
    Old 02-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #43
    ballshouse

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I'm a Day 1 Warehouse member and was excited about hitting the Gorge this year (for the 2nd time) for the band's 25th anniversary and the 20th anniversary of my first show...Labor Day weekend 1996.

I requested Pit for all 3 nights, I was declined N1 and N2 and got $75 pavilion for N3 (which I had listed as my priority show for this tour).
    Old 02-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #44
    FlaFan09

Shows Seen: 51

My Tour Central Stats

6 year member
    Requested:
    Bangor 2 tickets
    Camden N1 2 tickets
    Camden N2 2 tickets
    WPB N1 2 tickets
    WPB N2 2 tickets ***Priority Designation

I got a ticket to every show. I checked the box and I have uppers for everything.
    I think a lot of veteran WH members want better seats and do not check the box and maybe that's why they are getting declined?

I do NOT like the idea of only getting one of two nights. I live in Jacksonville, FL and will have to travel a good distance to attend any show. I'm not getting a plane ticket, hotel, and rental car for one night of a two nighter.

I do like the idea of a ticket limit. That way members are less likely to put in requests for shows they are not attending. Say first ten are on seniority and after that its random. Or the number of years in WH= number of tickets you can request using seniority, then you are in the random pool.
    FlaFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #45
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

Checking the box just opts you out of lawn (with a couple exceptions like Arky, where you could opt out of upper arena.) Why would someone who wants better seats NOT check the box?

Also, checking the box to opt out of lawn would decrease your chances of getting confirmed, not increase them.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 02-16-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #46
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlaFan09 View Post
    6 year member
    Requested:
    Bangor 2 tickets
    Camden N1 2 tickets
    Camden N2 2 tickets
    WPB N1 2 tickets
    WPB N2 2 tickets ***Priority Designation

I got a ticket to every show. I checked the box and I have uppers for everything.
    I think a lot of veteran WH members want better seats and do not check the box and maybe that's why they are getting declined?

I do NOT like the idea of only getting one of two nights. I live in Jacksonville, FL and will have to travel a good distance to attend any show. I'm not getting a plane ticket, hotel, and rental car for one night of a two nighter.

I do like the idea of a ticket limit. That way members are less likely to put in requests for shows they are not attending. Say first ten are on seniority and after that its random. Or the number of years in WH= number of tickets you can request using seniority, then you are in the random pool.
    So you give up on tickets after the warehouse denies you? You dont even bother attempting to find them in the tons of other places theyre available, you just say, oh well, plans cancelled?

Quote:
    Old 02-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #47
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

What if they did it like a sports draft? Something like this:

Each member can purchase up to say 10 total tickets throughout the tour. No more than 4 pit or lowers per show.

In tiers based on join date members log in to purchase seats. Each tier has 24 hours to login and purchase.

Day/pick 1 is for members from 98-00
    Day 2 01-03
    Day 3 04-06
    Day 4 07-09
    Day 5 10-12
    Day 6 13-15
    Day 7 new members
    Day 8 is a free for all for anyone who missed their day

It's a purchase not a request. The WH would allocate tickets in each price range for each day. It can be front loaded to a degree for senior members.

How would everyone like that?

Last edited by dontdrink36; 02-16-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #48
    Mateo2k

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post

Each member can purchase up to say 10 total tickets throughout the tour. No more than 4 pit or lowers per show.

In tiers based on join date members log in to purchase seats. Each tier has 24 hours to login and purchase.

Day 2 01-03
    Day 3 04-06
    Day 4 07-09
    Day 5 10-12
    Day 6 13-15
    Day 7 new members

It's a purchase not a request. The WH would allocate tickets in each price range for each day. It can be front loaded to a degree for senior members.

Sounds terrible.

The best part of Warehouse tickets is the fact that I have a week or so to get tickets and can request at any time. I don't want start times and trying to beat the mob for ticket sales.
    Mateo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #49
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post

Day 2 01-03
    Day 3 04-06
    Day 4 07-09
    Day 5 10-12
    Day 6 13-15
    Day 7 new members

Yeah no thanks. This wouldnt work. Would cause a massive mob and at those times and I would guess the WH doesnt have the computing power to handle it.

Quote:
    Old 02-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #50
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Yeah no thanks. This wouldnt work. Would cause a massive mob and at those times and I would guess the WH doesnt have the computing power to handle it.
    Would there really be that much of a mob given each tier is only 3 years of members?
    Old 02-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #51
    nick997k
    Drinking Big Whiskey

Shows Seen: 88

My Tour Central Stats

I think where problems started was when they went to the pit/lower/upper/lawn tiered pricing. I think if they went back to just "lawn" and "reserved" with no pit it might solve some of the problems. (Live Nation will never go for this though). It would give long time members a better shot at decent to good seats, and gives newer members just a chance to get in the door.

The biggest reason I renew every year (14 year member) is just the hassle free method of getting tickets, I don't have to sit in front of my computer, hitting refresh and hoping the system's not bogged down too badly so I get a seat. But this is the first time I've been denied for half the shows I requested. I think Matt might be onto something with his comment about your "home" shows. I was denied for the three shows farthest from me (SPAC and Syracuse), and confirmed for the two closest (Camden and Bristow).

Does anyone know what percentage of tickets are allocated to the warehouse?
    Old 02-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #52
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nick997k View Post
    I think where problems started was when they went to the pit/lower/upper/lawn tiered pricing. I think if they went back to just "lawn" and "reserved" with no pit it might solve some of the problems. (Live Nation will never go for this though). It would give long time members a better shot at decent to good seats, and gives newer members just a chance to get in the door.

The biggest reason I renew every year (14 year member) is just the hassle free method of getting tickets, I don't have to sit in front of my computer, hitting refresh and hoping the system's not bogged down too badly so I get a seat. But this is the first time I've been denied for half the shows I requested. I think Matt might be onto something with his comment about your "home" shows. I was denied for the three shows farthest from me (SPAC and Syracuse), and confirmed for the two closest (Camden and Bristow).

Does anyone know what percentage of tickets are allocated to the warehouse?
    To your first part, yeah totally that would fix it but you are also right, they won't do it. Think about where senior members were with no pit, no tiers and no premium tickets. Day 1 members were the first couple rows at most shows.

I'm also with you on the 2nd part. I stay with it cause I can't always make it at a specific time to get tickets on TM, so it's nice to login when I have time during that window. Plus my seats are always better than anything TM throws my way.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #53
    pmag78
    Bow Before Loggia

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

13 Year Member

Requested:

Deer Creek N1 2 tickets Pit/Lower Reserve **priority designation**
    Deer Creek N2 2 tickets Lawn
    Moline 2 tickets Pit/GA

Confirmed for all 3.
    I have never been lucky getting reserved thru WH for DC N2 so I don't bother.

"Let's make up a new god and have a funky little tea party of our own."
    pmag78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #54
    FlaFan09

Shows Seen: 51

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    So you give up on tickets after the warehouse denies you? You dont even bother attempting to find them in the tons of other places theyre available, you just say, oh well, plans cancelled?
    That's not what I said. The podcast was floating an idea of limiting people from getting tickets for N1 and N2 so that more people to attend that particular venue. I was saying I didn't like that idea.
    FlaFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 04:16 PM   #55
    nick997k
    Drinking Big Whiskey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's not what I said. The podcast was floating an idea of limiting people from getting tickets for N1 and N2 so that more people to attend that particular venue. I was saying I didn't like that idea.
    I thought they were saying for people who request for both nights of a two nighter that everyone who requests both nights should first be confirmed for one of the two, and then start confirming people for the other night, based on seniority....
    Old 02-16-2016, 04:26 PM   #56
    Matt

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nick997k View Post
    I thought they were saying for people who request for both nights of a two nighter that everyone who requests both nights should first be confirmed for one of the two, and then start confirming people for the other night, based on seniority....
    I think Joe's point was that there should be no one getting confirmed for both nights of a 2-night stand, while there are others getting declined for both nights of a 2-night stand.
    Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #57
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    How about just following thru with the Warehouse policy:

Seniority Ticketing Status
    For the majority of shows, returning members will be offered priority seating based upon their original date of membership. The longer you remain a member of the Warehouse, the better your seats at shows will be.

I have put in for ATL and WPB (as well as many others) every single year since 1999, and my seats have gotten worse EVERY SINGLE YEAR (if not declined altogether), never better.

Or do away with this bait-and-switch policy
    This is really something that they can't guarantee though. Say I'm a day 1 member. I get the best of the best seats every year (under the guise that they're telling the truth here) and therefor can't possibly get better seats every year. Now say I've only been a member since 2010. Now there's 12 years of members ahead of me who will get better seats than I will. Sure some years I'll get seats better than other years, but only because there's fewer requests in line ahead of me.
    Old 02-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #58
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I know that, but you said you wouldnt travel somewhere for 1 of 2 nights. Just because you dont get warehouse approvals for both shouldnt affect your plans for attending a 2 night stand. Theres tons of our outlets for tix.

And like what was stated above, theyre saying noone should get approved for both nights if theres people who requested both got denied for both. I think thats pretty fair

Quote:

Last edited by TheLastPig; 02-16-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    Old 02-16-2016, 05:40 PM   #59
    nick997k
    Drinking Big Whiskey

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think Joe's point was that there should be no one getting confirmed for both nights of a 2-night stand, while there are others getting declined for both nights of a 2-night stand.
    Yeah, that was it. Couldn't quite recall what he said exactly.
    Old 02-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #60
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    This is really something that they can't guarantee though. Say I'm a day 1 member. I get the best of the best seats every year (under the guise that they're telling the truth here) and therefor can't possibly get better seats every year. Now say I've only been a member since 2010. Now there's 12 years of members ahead of me who will get better seats than I will. Sure some years I'll get seats better than other years, but only because there's fewer requests in line ahead of me.
    Exactly, that's the whole issue, it's already a Ponzi scheme, so stop committing to this while taking our money and not delivering on this. They are a for-profit business, promising one thing and not delivering on it.

Yes, as customers we can stop using them, but at some point don't they have to comply to certain advertising/commerce/contract laws?