Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thread - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Matt

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thread

Valentine's Day 2016 brought a lot of love this year in terms of Warehouse ticket confirmations; or did it? As always, it's a contentious topic and this year especially so, with the tour-less 2017 looming just over the horizon. We've got the stats to break down on just how likely you were to score some seats through the lottery, and you may be surprised to see how your tenure in the Warehouse affects your the likelihood.

Episode 58
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
    jwrice5

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thre

The 10-18 year members who only had a 67% success rate are probably requesting tickets to many more shows than the 1-3 year members who most likely are requesting tickets to 1 or 2 shows, which makes their respective success rates pretty obvious. Right?

I will say, I haven't been a member of the Warehouse for quite some time, as I don't see the benefit of it.
    jwrice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
    jwrice5

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thre

Sorry guys! You did address this later in the podcast.
    jwrice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

watched some of this on scope, will catch the rest in audio, you guys are doing good work
    Old 02-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Just started listening, heard the 67% confirmed for senior members and 72% overall. My 2015 stats for 600+ show responses shows the exact same 67% for 1998 confirms, and a 77% overall (74% confirmed for non-lawn)...doesn't sound "random"

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9625f73a.jpg
    Old 02-15-2016, 02:50 PM   #6
    parks3923

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

We can all agree that the Warehouse is a failure right now. So what are ways you suggest to fix it. A few suggestions I have are:

1. Limit the amount of shows you can request. Maybe a 3-5 show limit.
    2. Change the way seniority works. Do something like they do with the cds. If you have been a member for 10 years or more then you get put in a different pool. Maybe make PIT random, but have the first 10 rows behind PIT for those seniority members.
    3. Increase the price of membership. What would you pay if you were guaranteed a pavilion seat?
    parks3923 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 02:52 PM   #7
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Will give this one a listen. Warehouse sucks. Caters to new fans much like the band. No wonder they can't keep the older fans around
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 04:19 PM   #8
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Just started listening, heard the 67% confirmed for senior members and 72% overall. My 2015 stats for 600+ show responses shows the exact same 67% for 1998 confirms, and a 77% overall (74% confirmed for non-lawn)...doesn't sound "random"

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9625f73a.jpg
    Havent listened yet. Youre saying they used your info and didnt credit you? That kinda sucks.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #9
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Havent listened yet. Youre saying they used your info and didnt credit you? That kinda sucks.
    that did not happen.

Matt added up all the twitter and instagram results. He never even stepped foot into the boards for info b/c we didn't want to cross-contaminate the data.

the data is consistent with what he found, mainly b/c the data is consistent. That's what data is supposed to do if done correctly
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 04:47 PM   #10
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not claiming that, I'm saying my 2015 stats are right in line with their 2016 stats...senior members getting screwed year after year

Edit: What Jake just said

Last edited by dmbolp; 02-15-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    dmbolp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #11
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not claiming that, I'm saying my 2015 stats are right in line with their 2016 stats...senior members getting screwed year after year

Edit: What Jake just said
    Will you be compiling data from this year, as well? I always like seeing your results.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Will you be compiling data from this year, as well? I always like seeing your results.
    Nah...I give up, the Warehouse has won

I put in for 11 shows in 2012 (got will called for a 2nd stint, for eternity), 7 shows in 2015 (declined for 4, pushed back for $75 uppers for the other 3), so this year I only put in for my home show ATL this year, somehow got what I asked for, 4 $85 Lowers, so I'm done complaining about the Warehouse.

Plus, too many folks claiming that the 600+ requests used in the data was "too small of a sample size"...yeah, I'm not splitting the atom, I'm gathering info on a band's message board to show an obvious bias about tickets, not worth it anymore.
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #13
    Joecoolness1Ants+ Site Supporter

Shows Seen: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Really enjoying the frequent podcasts, so thanks guys! What made me want to actually post a comment was the story about getting peed on. Similar thing happened to me at Alpine in 08, only it happened twice, and it was the same dude both times - full stream, right on my legs. Andddddd that was the year I decided to start paying for reserved seats.
    Joecoolness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #14
    Matt

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joecoolness1 View Post
    Really enjoying the frequent podcasts, so thanks guys! What made me want to actually post a comment was the story about getting peed on. Similar thing happened to me at Alpine in 08, only it happened twice, and it was the same dude both times - full stream, right on my legs. Andddddd that was the year I decided to start paying for reserved seats.
    I at least had the good fortune to catch "second hand pee" - ricocheting off my chair saved me from a direct hit.
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #15
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nah...I give up, the Warehouse has won

I put in for 11 shows in 2012 (got will called for a 2nd stint, for eternity), 7 shows in 2015 (declined for 4, pushed back for $75 uppers for the other 3), so this year I only put in for my home show ATL this year, somehow got what I asked for, 4 $85 Lowers, so I'm done complaining about the Warehouse.

Plus, too many folks claiming that the 600+ requests used in the data was "too small of a sample size"...yeah, I'm not splitting the atom, I'm gathering info on a band's message board to show an obvious bias about tickets, not worth it anymore.
    it's not so much that the WH has won, it's just that our priorities have changed.

when the WH first started, the only thing I cared about was getting tickets. I just wanted to get in the door. Now it's Pit/Lowers/Uppers. Obviously if you've been in a while you're going to want to be up close. But as Joe pointed out if everyone old gets up close it's basically a ponzi scheme and new WH members will never get up close.

the answer is somewhere in the middle; where I don't know.
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #16
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    it's not so much that the WH has won, it's just that our priorities have changed.

when the WH first started, the only thing I cared about was getting tickets. I just wanted to get in the door. Now it's Pit/Lowers/Uppers. Obviously if you've been in a while you're going to want to be up close. But as Joe pointed out if everyone old gets up close it's basically a ponzi scheme and new WH members will never get up close.

/slowclap

Someone gets it.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #17
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    /slowclap

Someone gets it.
    but just to play devil's advocate with my own post I really feel that older fans shouldn't be shut out. I know some may rather being shut out than not getting what they want but when I see 98 WH members not getting tix I think that something is flawed.
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #18
    Matt

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    but just to play devil's advocate with my own post I really feel that older fans shouldn't be shut out. I know some may rather being shut out than not getting what they want but when I see 98 WH members not getting tix I think that something is flawed.
    Agreed. There has to be *some* incentive to having paid in for 18 straight years. I just don't see what that is. (And please don't say WH10 v WH7)
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #19
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    In my opinion, as a 2011 WH member, 1998 members should never be denied tickets. If they've stuck with it this long, they deserve whatever requests they want. I mean, honestly, there can't be that many 98 members left.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #20
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Agreed. There has to be *some* incentive to having paid in for 18 straight years. I just don't see what that is. (And please don't say WH10 v WH7)
    How about just following thru with the Warehouse policy:

Seniority Ticketing Status
    For the majority of shows, returning members will be offered priority seating based upon their original date of membership. The longer you remain a member of the Warehouse, the better your seats at shows will be.

I have put in for ATL and WPB (as well as many others) every single year since 1999, and my seats have gotten worse EVERY SINGLE YEAR (if not declined altogether), never better.

Or do away with this bait-and-switch policy

Last edited by dmbolp; 02-15-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    dmbolp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #21
    kbail1230
    Carry that weight

Shows Seen: 113

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Ive always thought they should do a seniority only show every once in a while. Once every year or two, play a gig where you get tickets based on how long you've been in the fan club. I don't know the reality/legality of that, but it's what I've always hoped for.
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #22
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

I'm just curious, but does anyone (Jake, Matt, other ants in the know) know how many tickets WH is actually allotted? I mean, I feel if they're not putting caps on amount of new WH members per year or even members overall, they should increase their allotment of tickets available to reflect how many requests are made per show. I'm sure that comes down to logistics and contracts with the venues (are they paid to play the venues and get kickbacks based on % of sales or does the band pay to rent the venue to make money off of ticket sales and whatnot--I don't know which), plus taking into effect each venue has season ticket holders, etc. I don't know how that aspect of it works, but just a thought I was wondering about.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #23
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I absolutely agree, but do you think they should get every ticket they request if they put in for a bunch of shows?

Do you think a cap on requests, even if it is at something like 10? Would that even help?

Quote:

Last edited by TheLastPig; 02-15-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:18 PM   #24
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I absolutely agree, but do you think they should get every ticket they request if they put in for a bunch of shows?

Do you think a cap on requests, even if it is at something like 10? Would that even help?
    1) Cap on number of shows is needed if tons of people are being denied (but will never happen as the Warehouse wants to sell as many tickets as possible)

2) I like Joe's idea of, no one should get confirmed for both nights when others get denied for all. Do it like Pearl Jam, or an NFL draft...everyone gets their first pick (if possible) then with what's left over do a second round, that can even be from bottom to top
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #25
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    1) Cap on number of shows is needed if tons of people are being denied (but will never happen as the Warehouse wants to sell as many tickets as possible)

2) I like Joe's idea of, no one should get confirmed for both nights when others get denied for all. Do it like Pearl Jam, or an NFL draft...everyone gets their first pick (if possible) then with what's left over do a second round, that can even be from bottom to top
    I think if you put a cap around 10 shows it wouldnt affect their sales whatsoever. They only have a certain number of tickets, so it would just lessen the pools for some shows, its not going to hold them back from selling tix.

I do like that idea for 2 nighters though.

Quote:
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #26
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

For the majority of shows, returning members will be offered priority seating based upon their original date of membership. The longer you remain a member of the Warehouse, the better your seats at shows will be.

I have put in for ATL and WPB (as well as many others) every single year since 1999, and my seats have gotten worse EVERY SINGLE YEAR (if not declined altogether), never better.

As for the % people are talking about, My personal experience as dec 98 member
    I used to hit between 7 and 12 shows a yr
    I was never declined in the early yrs ever
    Then I started getting declined way more then confirmed so I state red cutting back on orders/shows all together. the last few yrs I was only hitting 3 shows and getting declined for two of them
    This yr I ordered 5 and got 4, honestly was blown away but got uppers for 2. My seats have not gotten better and in fact have gotten worse as everyone's have, that's if you even get confirmed anymore.
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #27
    joejon11

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

on a 2 night stand id rather get declined for both than paying 16 for shipping for one show
    joejon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #28
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This post is where I am and will always be.quite frankly I don't care what newer fans want. They already have the pit which sucks. The best lowers should go to warehouse by join date like the policy states.

It's not enough that they added the pit. Then they added premium seating then they decided the tier thing. Not sure why I keep renewing.

It would be one thing if they didn't have a policy. But they do.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™

Last edited by gocubsgo3822; 02-15-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 06:58 PM   #29
    DMBzilla
    tour.

Shows Seen: 193

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'm at the point now where I will only see a couple shows a year. As such I want the best possible tickets. This summer I did well with confirms but have lowers one night and uppers for two. One of which was for four tickets which had to be uppers, but I can almost guarantee that my lowers will be all the way to the side, and the other upper pair I got won't be close to center either.
    DMBzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #30
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joejon11 View Post
    on a 2 night stand id rather get declined for both than paying 16 for shipping for one show
    come on. Thats an awful take. Why even bother requesting at all then? Odds are way higher requesting a 2 night stand youre only going to be getting one of the nights anyway.

The little bit you save on tickets does partially cover those shipping fees compared to buying them from LN.

Quote: