Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour - Page 37 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #1081
somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoga09 View Post
I think liberal democrats are a curse to this country.
Would t classify myself as a liberal democrat either, more just a moderate that nobody cares to cater to because I don’t generate enough noise online.
somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-13-2020, 06:33 PM   #1082
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
    Would t classify myself as a liberal democrat either, more just a moderate that nobody cares to cater to because I don’t generate enough noise online.
    Same here exactly. And what do ya know, we're both from Ohio!!
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2020, 07:10 PM   #1083
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Here is my idea for the reopen

Shelter in place remains until May 1.

May 1: States that have peaked, 5 straight days with declining numbers for new cases, can do a soft reopen. Restaurants still to go or delivery only. Telework continues for those that can. Others under age 60 can return to work. No major events. Pro sports can begin training and practice. Family and friends gather in groups of 10 or less.

June 1: states with continued good numbers may open restaurants/bars/movies etc can open up. Max capacity 50 with social distance guidelines in place. Pro sports may resume with no fans in attendance. Under 60 still self quarantine.

July 1: pro sports may have fans max 50% capacity provided testing is more widely available. Concerts may begin with 50% capacity limits. Telework if possible continue practicing social distancing when out.

Aug 1: Schools resume in person. Life returns to pretty normal function but with extra precautions to avoid unnecessary close contact. Sports/concerts back to normal if testing and treatments are widely available.
    Old 04-13-2020, 07:28 PM   #1084
    TheStone52
    Love this band!!

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    [QUOTE=podiumboy;17678756]Same here exactly. And what do ya know, we're both from Ohio!![/QUOTE

Make it 3!!

TheStone52 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #1085
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

[QUOTE=TheStone52;17678813]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    Same here exactly. And what do ya know, we're both from Ohio!![/QUOTE

Make it 3!!
    Always nice to hear from some fellow Ohioans!
    Old 04-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #1086
    DMB24Illini

Shows Seen: 299

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bcore15 View Post
    Do you think the warehouse will give refunds unlike Ticketmaster?
    Yes. I 100% think they'll give refunds. No way a "fan club" screws over their fans like that. (Insert joke about shitty seats they stick us with here, but my opinion still stands).

297 shows, 31 states, 10 countries :)
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2020, 08:44 PM   #1087
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

FYI, if the tour gets postponed and people absolutely need their money back for their TM tickets rather than wait on rescheduled dates...contact your CC company and request a dispute/chargeback.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #1088
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    FYI, if the tour gets postponed and people absolutely need their money back for their TM tickets rather than wait on rescheduled dates...contact your CC company and request a dispute/chargeback.
    Has this been successful? I’m ok waiting on a handful, but there are a few that I’m ready to throw in the towel on
    Old 04-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #1089
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Has this been successful? I’m ok waiting on a handful, but there are a few that I’m ready to throw in the towel on
    From what I've read CC companies exceedingly side with customers over merchants. I can't imagine with TM changing it's policy on the fly that a chargeback wouldn't go through.
    Old 04-13-2020, 10:09 PM   #1090
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post

May 1: States that have peaked, 5 straight days with declining numbers for new cases, can do a soft reopen. Restaurants still to go or delivery only. Telework continues for those that can. Others under age 60 can return to work. No major events. Pro sports can begin training and practice. Family and friends gather in groups of 10 or less.

June 1: states with continued good numbers may open restaurants/bars/movies etc can open up. Max capacity 50 with social distance guidelines in place. Pro sports may resume with no fans in attendance. Under 60 still self quarantine.

July 1: pro sports may have fans max 50% capacity provided testing is more widely available. Concerts may begin with 50% capacity limits. Telework if possible continue practicing social distancing when out.

Aug 1: Schools resume in person. Life returns to pretty normal function but with extra precautions to avoid unnecessary close contact. Sports/concerts back to normal if testing and treatments are widely available.
    I’m really hopping this is how it plays out haha. People saying that we won’t have concerts or sports way in the future like summer 2021 are punishing scare tactics. It’s getting ridiculous.
    Old 04-13-2020, 11:55 PM   #1091
    DMB24Illini

Shows Seen: 299

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

None of this can happen without mass testing, something Trump seems to have zero interest in doing.

And I mean mass testing like millions and millions of tests to identify who is exposed and isolate them. Not the "mass" testing we currently are doing.

297 shows, 31 states, 10 countries :)

Last edited by DMB24Illini; 04-13-2020 at 11:56 PM.
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 01:13 AM   #1092
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    I’m really hopping this is how it plays out haha. People saying that we won’t have concerts or sports way in the future like summer 2021 are punishing scare tactics. It’s getting ridiculous.

Do you know who made that prediction? What do you think their end goal is? What is the conspiracy against America that you think they're pushing?
    Old 04-14-2020, 02:33 AM   #1093
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Do you know who made that prediction? What do you think their end goal is? What is the conspiracy against America that you think they're pushing?
    Not even saying it’s a Conspiracy, but anyone predicting what’s going to happen in summer 2021 should be taken with a massive gran of salt. Shits a long ass time from now. In general just stop hanging on every single prediction is going to be my advice. I need to take my own damn advice though, because I tend to do it too.

Generally, I think sports and concerts will be back at least summer 2021. I get the feeling that any opinion other then stay in your fucking house for a whole 2 years isn’t acceptable anymore but whatever. I’m in my early to mid 20s and just thinking about no more fun shit for 2 years really pisses me off. Ugh it’s like two years of my life down the drain in my prime.
    Old 04-14-2020, 02:42 AM   #1094
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

My point is this shit changes everyday and even the experts don’t know much about it at this point in time. Let’s step back from all this negative shit about what 2021 will look like for now.

Last edited by tyler3440; 04-14-2020 at 02:43 AM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 02:53 AM   #1095
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Carole fuckin Baskins created this Covid-19 shit!! That what I think!!

Last edited by tyler3440; 04-14-2020 at 02:54 AM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 03:53 AM   #1096
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

We just need a Tamiflu, covid edition.

In serious though, I agree that we can't stay locked down forever but in reality, what does a 'soft opening' even entail? what would open that isn't already opened that would change much? Laundromats, gas stations, grocery stores, pharmacies and the like are already open so are you talking bars and restaurants?
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 04:39 AM   #1097
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Sept. 1: The second wave of COVID-19 peaks and the hospitals are overwhelmed again..possibly even worse than now because there's still no damn tests available to the general public.

Then everything gets shut down again after Labor Day and we're right back where we are now.
    Madnana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:37 AM   #1098
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Not even saying it’s a Conspiracy, but anyone predicting what’s going to happen in summer 2021 should be taken with a massive gran of salt. Shits a long ass time from now. In general just stop hanging on every single prediction is going to be my advice. I need to take my own damn advice though, because I tend to do it too.

Generally, I think sports and concerts will be back at least summer 2021. I get the feeling that any opinion other then stay in your fucking house for a whole 2 years isn’t acceptable anymore but whatever. I’m in my early to mid 20s and just thinking about no more fun shit for 2 years really pisses me off. Ugh it’s like two years of my life down the drain in my prime.
    Some people seem to use negativity as a coping mechanism, oddly enough. I think by assuming the worst, it at least helps them prepare for what they think is to come. I agree, don’t even think about 2021 right now. Let’s get through this shitty year first. I think we are pretty much all in agreement that 2020 is just not going to be anybody’s best year. I just hope everyone can get through it alright.

Also Tyler, being in your mid 20’s right now must suck! I know what I was like in my mid 20’s, and this would’ve basically ruined my life. Now I’m 38, and even though I miss being able to do whatever I want, my biggest concern is just my kids not being in school. I miss my friends, but I’ve gone for months without seeing even some of my best friends, and this is no big deal. But if this last into summer of 2021, I’ll be almost 40, and I am not cool with wasting the last years of my 30’s!
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 06:15 AM   #1099
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

very optimistic. id shift everything two months and even then, a slower rollout. period of 5 days showing a drop in cases is too short as well.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 06:22 AM   #1100
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoga09 View Post
    I think liberal democrats are a curse to this country.
    What are your thoughts on conservative democrats?
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 06:23 AM   #1101
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    What are your thoughts on conservative democrats?
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 07:07 AM   #1102
    Laurenkight

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

I honestly don’t understand how anyone can realistically think any concert is going to happen this summer (or in 2020). It would be beyond irresponsible to have large gatherings without a proven treatment / vaccine / cure. It’s depressing AF.
    Laurenkight is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #1103
    dpess

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Everyone is welcome to ideas and opinions. But I hope you realize this is quite overly optimistic and unrealistic. At least the aspects relevant to DMB. There is absolutely no way any fans will be attending sports/concerts in July. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not
    Old 04-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #1104
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laurenkight View Post
    I honestly don’t understand how anyone can realistically think any concert is going to happen this summer (or in 2020). It would be beyond irresponsible to have large gatherings without a proven treatment / vaccine / cure. It’s depressing AF.
    We can all wear masks like Daft Punk, put some gloves on and go to the show. I'd be down with that. No way I'd catch anything.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 08:38 AM   #1105
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

I think more realistically:

May 1 - we let certain offices bring their staff back to the office, if necessary, with caveats/restrictions, work from home still strongly encouraged. Families/friends are allowed to interact again, with common sense.

Memorial Day Weekend - allow retail, service industry, bars and restaraunts to re-open with restrictions - more spreadout seating (maybe even soft launch it with patio seating only)/max occupancy.

See how it goes and see how numbers change. adjust accordingly.

Labor Day Weekend - start school again in contained regions/where appropriate.

See how it goes and how numbers change. adjust accordingly.

This will not be a one size fits all process. What works in suburban Ohio may not be practical in a more densely populated NYC/Chicago area.
    Old 04-14-2020, 08:38 AM   #1106
    IrishDMBF

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

The president of Live Nation is on CNBC. He doesn’t expect concerts for at least the next 6months. He said it’s a possibility Live Nation won’t resume concerts until there is a vaccine which will be 18months. Live Nation is focused on maintaining their liquidity!
    IrishDMBF is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 08:45 AM   #1107
    Laurenkight

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    We can all wear masks like Daft Punk, put some gloves on and go to the show. I'd be down with that. No way I'd catch anything.
    Healthcare and front line workers are still contracting the virus with PPE, so, I don't know if I'd be that confident.
    Laurenkight is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #1108
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IrishDMBF View Post
    The president of Live Nation is on CNBC. He doesn’t expect concerts for at least the next 6months. He said it’s a possibility Live Nation won’t resume concerts until there is a vaccine which will be 18months. Live Nation is focused on maintaining their liquidity!
    Sounds like he's using negativity as a coping mechanism.
    Old 04-14-2020, 09:19 AM   #1109
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB24Illini View Post
    None of this can happen without mass testing, something Trump seems to have zero interest in doing.

And I mean mass testing like millions and millions of tests to identify who is exposed and isolate them. Not the "mass" testing we currently are doing.
    What would the logistics of "mass testing" look like though? Track down every person after they attend any kind of public event and have them take the test? What about people who just go to work every day? How often?

Not knocking the idea, genuinely curious.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 09:24 AM   #1110
    Antiramie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB24Illini View Post

But at the current rate everyone will be tested by 2041. They're totally on top of this shit, dude. We'll be back to normalcy in no time.

DMB 50th anniversary tour here we come!