Request Monkey Man - Friday 7/3: Dave Matthews “Live From Home: By Request” Set - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-18-2020, 08:09 AM   #61
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Request Monkey Man - Friday 7/3: Dave Matthews “Live From Home: By Request” Set

Amending my previous post...

"...we particularly zealous fans could use this as an opportunity to let him/management know or remind them that lots of fans celebrate far more..."

Didn't mean to use should, I'm not interested in telling any of you folks what to do, just suggesting an approach.

Honestly though, barring him doing SU-based set, I'll enjoy whatever he plays. Dave solo puts the least demands on his voice from a power/projection/adrenaline perspective, but he does so much more with it as a result.

Looking forward to another show and hoping we can get 10-15 tunes out of it. No need to truncate anything.

To the folks in the know, any word on whether there will be any video streaming to go along with the audio?
grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-18-2020, 08:25 AM   #62
    bigeyedpigs

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Request Monkey Man - Friday 7/3: Dave Matthews “Live From Home: By Request” Set

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cpxc. View Post
    Voting for Early Home
    This gets my vote. Since it's a Dave solo show, I'd want early home or falling off the roof. I'm not expecting either to be played. I'm not expecting either to be played though.
    bigeyedpigs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 08:29 AM   #63
    but1well
    love baby

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Full #40
    Dreaming Tree
    Dodo
    Captain
    Angel From Montgomery
    BOWA
    This is literally the opposite of communism. Now, if they came out and cancelled all seats and said you are all to sit on the lawn, as peasant equals, you'd have an argument.
    but1well is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 08:57 AM   #64
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

so how will this actually work? we want something like Blue Water and he goes thats cute here's you & me?

this just seems so unlike anything i could ever imagine him doing.
    Useliteski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #65
    Gjimmy

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cpxc. View Post
    Voting for Early Home
    Is "Early Home" Machead?? Think about it?! Has sort of the STDH feel, McCartney-esque feel...
    Gjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #66
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I didn't backroad this whole thread but my guess is we're gonna get a list of songs to choose from and Monkey Man, nor Machead, will be on it, lol.
    I'll be shocked it if isn't this ^
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #67
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
    This is a good opportunity for him to recognize some old deep cuts that the fan base wants to hear in the future. I don’t think he’d play anything too crazy by himself on a live stream, but it could give him some ideas to work on for the 2021 tour.

We need to put out requests like Monkey Man, Kit Kat Jam, Busted Stuff, Kill the King, Crazy Easy, Too High, Drive in Drive Out, You Never Know, Spoon, Dreaming Tree, etc. just in case a few of them stick in his head.

As far as what he would actually play by himself on a live stream, I could see him going with something like Baby Blue

I've always been interested in how a stripped down acoustic version of Kill the King would go
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:09 AM   #68
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I've always been interested in how a stripped down acoustic version of Kill the King would go
    always really liked this tune and with this line up its a no brainer! they should be playing all these songs with sexy electric riffs
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:14 AM   #69
    CrushB610

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not sure requesting Monkey Man, Cigarette Lit, Spotlight, Falling off the Roof and random old ass tunes from '92 is the best way to approach this haha.

I mean are any of those songs actually in people's Top 10? I think we all would much rather have Dreaming Tree, Spoon, PFWYG, The Stone, Cry Freedom, Broken Things etc in Dave's head and tunes like that played regularly next tour and not Cigarette Lit....
    CrushB610 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:24 AM   #70
    jasonfilatov

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Monkey Man is not in my top 10, but it's certainly in the top 10 I want to hear.
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:34 AM   #71
    but1well
    love baby

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Hot take in this thread - Monkey man is vastly overrated. It's revered mostly because we only have one recording and its from the LWS
    This is literally the opposite of communism. Now, if they came out and cancelled all seats and said you are all to sit on the lawn, as peasant equals, you'd have an argument.
    but1well is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:38 AM   #72
    TSTJL40
    HEN-REEEK!

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I say just play lillywhite sessions in it’s entirety and call it a day.
    TSTJL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #73
    spiza

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Remember when Stefan had us vote on Twitter for the 2010 tour on what songs we wanted played. That really worked out well.................lol 2013 was a fantastic tour they all seemed to be really into it and there was a bunch of bust outs that summer. Would of been cool if they played Monkey Man i remember people saying it was sound checked. Remember the story Dave told about BT called him up and asked him hey can we play True Reflections? Then they played it in Mansfield. A very good DMB summer
    spiza is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #74
    jwehaeDMB
    Juice

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Dreamed I Killed God
    Atlanta 2006, my wife and I enjoyed a great show. I drank moderately and had a bite to eat before leaving. Upon our arrival home we had intercourse in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation. A child was concieved and is now the light of our lives.
    jwehaeDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 01:31 PM   #75
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TSTJL40 View Post
    I say just play lillywhite sessions in it’s entirety and call it a day.
    Dave: "I know you're excited because next year is the 20th anniversary, we've heard your requests, so I'm going to play the entire ... "

Fans: *Screaming, so excited, YESSSSS this is it, the moment has come*

Dave: " ... Everyday album from front to back"

Fans:
    Old 06-18-2020, 02:10 PM   #76
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

For every person that votes for something extremely rare there will be ten people that vote for Crash. When Ben Gibbard let a fan vote decide one of his livestream sets in March he ended up basically playing nothing but his best known Death Cab and Postal Service songs. Dave's set will probably be a bunch of singles plus some fan favorites like #41 and Warehouse.
    Old 06-18-2020, 02:13 PM   #77
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
    For every person that votes for something extremely rare there will be ten people that vote for Crash. When Ben Gibbard let a fan vote decide one of his livestream sets in March he ended up basically playing nothing but his best known Death Cab and Postal Service songs. Dave's set will probably be a bunch of singles plus some fan favorites like #41 and Warehouse.
    yup. //thread
    Old 06-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #78
    TSTJL40
    HEN-REEEK!

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    Dave: "I know you're excited because next year is the 20th anniversary, we've heard your requests, so I'm going to play the entire ... "

Fans:
    It’s a nice thought though...right?
    TSTJL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #79
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TSTJL40 View Post
    It’s a nice thought though...right?
    Oh, sure! I'd love to see it.

I'd be shocked, but I'd love to see it.
    Old 06-18-2020, 04:42 PM   #80
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post

Fans:
    From here and socials, there's tons of folks that claim to not like the album but really seem to LOVE all of the songs live. I'd hate it, but lots of folks would be okay with it. ED was a huge album for them as far as getting new fans, and the sales were undoubtedly hurt by it being the first post-Napster release. The tour for its release and a few after were where they gained a lot of fans and it defines the live experience for a lot of those people.

That's right, I said it...THOSE people.
    grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #81
    Moose Thompson
    F Them Kids

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

“In celebration of DMB Radio’s return to ch.30, Dave is taking your requests for a special Live From Home performance. Send him a video (30 seconds or less) explaining which song you’d love to hear him play and why. Make sure to introduce yourself and talk about what the song means to you. Then send in the video to DMBRadio@siriusxm.com by Tuesday 6/23 @ Noon ET for a chance to have your song played during “Dave Matthews Live From Home: By Request” when it premieres Friday 7/3 @ 8pm ET. For more details and Official Rules, visit http://www.siriusxm.com/allrequestlive. SiriusXM“

Here’s the info on requesting. The video attached was people requesting Idea of You, Two Step, and Pig.
    Moose Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 05:40 PM   #82
    LaLaLaLaHey

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moose Thompson View Post
    “In celebration of DMB Radio’s return to ch.30, Dave is taking your requests for a special Live From Home performance. Send him a video (30 seconds or less) explaining which song you’d love to hear him play and why. Make sure to introduce yourself and talk about what the song means to you. Then send in the video to DMBRadio@siriusxm.com by Tuesday 6/23 @ Noon ET for a chance to have your song played during “Dave Matthews Live From Home: By Request” when it premieres Friday 7/3 @ 8pm ET. For more details and Official Rules, visit http://www.siriusxm.com/allrequestlive. SiriusXM“

Here’s the info on requesting. The video attached was people requesting Idea of You, Two Step, and Pig.
    Wow they made that much more difficult than I'd expect. Cool concept though. Wonder who the "judges" are.
    Old 06-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #83
    Gjimmy

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

They will most likely choose videos that lineup with Dave's desired setlist. But will be a fun live show anyway.
    Gjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #84
    SeanMH
    GoWokeGoBroke

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by camptravisr View Post
    This has the potential to be pretty cool, looking forward to seeing how it goes.
    almost everything starts off "Cool" but then either Dave/band/mgmt seem to always f*ck up or let us down

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klize17 View Post
    Last nights was the best version of Satellite I have ever heard.
    SeanMH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 08:16 PM   #85
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Yea, so this went from a request situation (which many of us thought would be based on votes cast or a similar system) to Dave just picking whatever songs he wants to play (supposedly based on videos submitted). So pretty much no different than Dave writing his normal setlist.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 09:40 PM   #86
    jasonfilatov

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Can we all just mutually agree to submit a Machead request through every channel, every day leading up to 7/3?
    Old 06-18-2020, 09:58 PM   #87
    Fpuonpko

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like the show will be 8 songs based on the rules.
    Fpuonpko is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:16 PM   #88
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
    Thanks, Captain Obvious.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2020, 10:34 PM   #89
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Please post your vids in here prior to submission.
    Old 06-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #90
    Moose Thompson
    F Them Kids

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasonfilatov View Post
    Can we all just mutually agree to submit a Machead request through every channel, every day leading up to 7/3?
    Hey man, this is the Monkey Man request thread. Not the Machead request thread. Plus, Machead clearly doesn't work as a Dave solo.

Moose Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote