Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour - Page 86 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #2551
FatGuyLikesDMB

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjuniper View Post
yea. i seem to be unable to request refunds for SPAC and Gilford at this time
I'm unable to for Syracuse as well.
FatGuyLikesDMB is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-07-2020, 05:00 PM   #2552
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Damn, I was inside Oak Mountain Amphitheatre already at this time last year. So very sad how times have changed so much 1 year later. I look at this photo and the good feeling of shows comes rushing back. Such a shame.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg A2F91083-3170-4C27-B032-0AE6ABAB7C4C.jpg (68.1 KB, 81 views)
    Old 05-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #2553
    sean52692

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Fucking Covid-19.
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2020, 06:47 AM   #2554
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Damn, I was inside Oak Mountain Amphitheatre already at this time last year. So very sad how times have changed so much 1 year later. I look at this photo and the good feeling of shows comes rushing back. Such a shame.
    Damn, that is a sobering thought. An odd offshoot of everything else I've been feeling, is the idea that there's basically NOTHING to look forward to in the foreseeable future. It's strange to have literally NO PLANS of any kind, especially heading into summer.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2020, 06:54 AM   #2555
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    Damn, that is a sobering thought. An odd offshoot of everything else I've been feeling, is the idea that there's basically NOTHING to look forward to in the foreseeable future. It's strange to have literally NO PLANS of any kind, especially heading into summer.
    common man, it’s not that bad. Find something to look forward to if you feel there isn’t anything.

For me, I’ve gotten into growing food, buildings things, working on my house, and planting trees etc in my yard. It can be anything, but find something for the sake of your mental health.

I was really frustrated and bummed in March, but forced myself to find something. It’s oddly fulfilling to do something as simple as planting a tree, or watching a tomato grow lol. God I’m old.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #2556
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    common man, it’s not that bad. Find something to look forward to if you feel there isn’t anything.

For me, I’ve gotten into growing food, buildings things, working on my house, and planting trees etc in my yard. It can be anything, but find something for the sake of your mental health.

I was really frustrated and bummed in March, but forced myself to find something. It’s oddly fulfilling to do something as simple as planting a tree, or watching a tomato grow lol. God I’m old.
    I look forward to having something to look forward to again.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #2557
    FeelingGood
    Much better now....

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I can live without their live music for a year if it translates to new music that comes somewhere close to the big three (or four if you prefer). If they blew us away with a great new album, that would set-up the 2021 tour very nicely. Not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Old 05-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #2558
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    I look forward to having something to look forward to again.
    I feel it. I discovered Gary (link below) in late March. Ever since I was reminded that nobody cares about your feelings, hardships, etc, I got a lot of motivation to find something that’ll fulfill me during this covid crap. Turns out everything I’ve gotten into because of Covid is more fulfilling than my regular life before covid. It’s pretty sad!

It may not help you or whatever, but I’m posting a quick video anyways. Also, I never know if you’re being sarcastic so I might look like an idiot here but that’s ok .

https://youtu.be/jIwo21SgNSQ
    Old 05-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #2559
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I feel it. I discovered Gary (link below) in late March. Ever since I was reminded that nobody cares about your feelings, hardships, etc, I got a lot of motivation to find something that’ll fulfill me during this covid crap. Turns out everything I’ve gotten into because of Covid is more fulfilling than my regular life before covid. It’s pretty sad!

It may not help you or whatever, but I’m posting a quick video anyways. Also, I never know if you’re being sarcastic so I might look like an idiot here but that’s ok .

Haha. I wasn't really being sarcastic, but the NFL schedule release yesterday plus the news of the 2021 tour gives me plenty to be excited about. I just hope the situation continues in a positive direction, and the rug doesn't get pulled out from under us!

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #2560
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    Haha. I wasn't really being sarcastic, but the NFL schedule release yesterday plus the news of the 2021 tour gives me plenty to be excited about. I just hope the situation continues in a positive direction, and the rug doesn't get pulled out from under us!
    Yeah, looking forward to some normality... sports will help
    Old 05-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #2561
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Didn't get a chance to check out your link, but I feel this immensely. Ever since the lockdown started I've had less stress in my everyday life, and have been able to pursue other passions of mine that I've never had time for up to this point. I am learning Spanish, I put out another album, my second musical project is putting out our first single in a week, rereading Lord of the Rings, learning new things to cook, working out and running every day, and I got a houseplant! I feel pretty content in my day to day life. And when I need a pick me up, I throw on a DMB show while I work out.
    Old 05-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #2562
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/c...ta-researcher/

Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection: Alberta researcher
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #2563
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/c...ta-researcher/

Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection: Alberta researcher
    Fuck yeah Dave shows should be a safe place lol.
    Old 05-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #2564
    chrisjuniper

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Fuck yeah Dave shows should be a safe place lol.
    i feel like DMB shows skew way more towards heavy alcohol consumption these days than weed smoking.
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #2565
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    Didn't get a chance to check out your link, but I feel this immensely. Ever since the lockdown started I've had less stress in my everyday life, and have been able to pursue other passions of mine that I've never had time for up to this point. I am learning Spanish, I put out another album, my second musical project is putting out our first single in a week, rereading Lord of the Rings, learning new things to cook, working out and running every day, and I got a houseplant! I feel pretty content in my day to day life. And when I need a pick me up, I throw on a DMB show while I work out.
    Hell yeah man! Great story.

In a weird way, I think this experience has allowed many of us get to know ourselves a little better.
    Old 05-09-2020, 04:55 AM   #2566
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hell yeah man! Great story.

In a weird way, I think this experience has allowed many of us get to know ourselves a little better.
    Haha man I wish I was having the same life changing positive experience. I’ve gone to work everyday like normal for the last 2 months, so my life hasn’t really changed, just gotten more boring. The worst part for me is that my kids aren’t in school, and that they can’t do anything fun that kids like to do. And my wife is a high school teacher working from home, and her job is harder than ever. Lots of kids not doing assignments, constant communication with their parents trying to get work out of them. The seniors that had a passing grade already just basically quit trying in March. Her job from home seems miserable!

We are not thriving in the Podiumboy house. Just getting by. I feel like 2020 is an annoying waiting room until I can get on with the next chapter in my life.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #2567
    Bmwm3oz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    Haha man I wish I was having the same life changing positive experience. I’ve gone to work everyday like normal for the last 2 months, so my life hasn’t really changed, just gotten more boring. The worst part for me is that my kids aren’t in school, and that they can’t do anything fun that kids like to do. And my wife is a high school teacher working from home, and her job is harder than ever. Lots of kids not doing assignments, constant communication with their parents trying to get work out of them. The seniors that had a passing grade already just basically quit trying in March. Her job from home seems miserable!

We are not thriving in the Podiumboy house. Just getting by. I feel like 2020 is an annoying waiting room until I can get on with the next chapter in my life.
    Kids and family definitely complicate things. If I had kids running around at home, I definitely wouldn't be able to make the progress I've been able to make.

I've been working this whole time too, but I live alone so it makes all the difference. Girlfriend and I see each other 2-3 times a week. It's perfect

On your life getting more boring, that's where I think there is opportunity. That's how I viewed my life in mid to late March until I realized I had to do something to feel fulfilled. Before COVID it was meeting friends, hiking, blah blah, but now it's new things I never thought I would be into. That's all I'm trying to point out. Maybe it's impossible in your situation?
    Old 05-11-2020, 12:35 PM   #2568
    DEMITRI

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Wait so just to confirm, if I want to keep my tickets for next year I don’t need to do anything on the warehouse site right? Like I don’t want a refund I just want to keep my existing tickets for the rescheduled tour
    DEMITRI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #2569
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEMITRI View Post
    Wait so just to confirm, if I want to keep my tickets for next year I don’t need to do anything on the warehouse site right? Like I don’t want a refund I just want to keep my existing tickets for the rescheduled tour
    LOL i literally came here to ask the same question. Got an email from the WH about credits/refunds, but it doesn't really explain what to do if you want to keep the tix.

I assume nothing?
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #2570
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.

Shows Seen: 203

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEMITRI View Post
    Correct.
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2020, 05:14 AM   #2571
    Lovelylady11

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

What are the thoughts on the rescheduled Bottle Rock actually happening? Seems like a lot of work to reschedule just to cancel but also feels unrealistic. If they can do Bottle Rock, do you think they’d do a mini fall tour, too?
    Lovelylady11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2020, 05:30 AM   #2572
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lovelylady11 View Post
    What are the thoughts on the rescheduled Bottle Rock actually happening? Seems like a lot of work to reschedule just to cancel but also feels unrealistic. If they can do Bottle Rock, do you think they’d do a mini fall tour, too?
    California won't have large events like concerts and sports until there's a vaccine. Newsom has been pretty clear. They'll cancel
    Old 05-28-2020, 05:42 AM   #2573
    donvito72

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs View Post
    California won't have large events like concerts and sports until there's a vaccine. Newsom has been pretty clear. They'll cancel
    Considering there might not be a working vaccine for years, that seems pretty naive.
    Old 05-28-2020, 05:53 AM   #2574
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lovelylady11 View Post
    I think it’s very doubtful. I saw something yesterday that Coachella is apparently asking 2020 artists to play in 2021. They were tentatively rescheduled for the fall.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #2575
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...51WzXl_VoKtyL8

Greek theatre cancels 2020 concert season - first time in 90 years.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #2576
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

There is zero chance of any big music festival happening in 2020.
    Old 05-28-2020, 04:45 PM   #2577
    Darksideofoz

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    There is zero chance of any big music festival happening in 2020.
    You should be right, but never underestimate the stupidity of people.
    Darksideofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #2578
    Lovelylady11

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone still going to Mohegan Sun? Tailgate in the parking lot? Lol so sad
    Lovelylady11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #2579
    BMus1

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not one for SiriusXM repeats but it would've been cool of them to broadcast Mohegan 2018 to commemorate the would-be tour opener.
    BMus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #2580
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BMus1 View Post
    I'm not one for SiriusXM repeats but it would've been cool of them to broadcast Mohegan 2018 to commemorate the would-be tour opener.
    Our latest podcast episode went through the 2012 and 2018 Mohegan shows
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote