2020 Tour Rumors - Page 241 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #7201
sab2423

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2020 Tour Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
Welcome to the new normal!!

A lot of people are waiting for life to return to 2019. Not going to happen.
Feel sorry for you, best wishes.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #7202
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sab2423 View Post
    Feel sorry for you, best wishes.
    Thank you!!

It occurs to me that my outlook might be a little bleak... bleaker than most. I'm not usually a pessimist, honestly. The fact that I legitimately believe and accept that the old normal may never return seems to concern people. Perhaps I need to look into that. Criticism accepted!!
    Old 01-25-2021, 12:24 PM   #7203
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thank you!!

It occurs to me that my outlook might be a little bleak... bleaker than most. I'm not usually a pessimist, honestly. The fact that I legitimately believe and accept that the old normal may never return seems to concern people. Perhaps I need to look into that. Criticism accepted!!
    It is kind of funny how you are, on one hand, stating life will never return to normal, and DMB, on the other hand, with shows less that 5 months out, has not even cancelled or rescheduled their shows yet.
    Old 01-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #7204
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    It is kind of funny how you are, on one hand, stating life will never return to normal, and DMB, on the other hand, with shows less that 5 months out, has not even cancelled or rescheduled their shows yet.
    DMB will reschedule some of their shows. That's not even a matter of pessimism at this point. The June and July shows have a very slim chance of happening. Signs seem to be pointing to fall before shows can return. If the vaccine rollout goes well and the cases drop and the medical facilities aren't overrun, then I think the music industry NEEDS to put pressure on those in charge to allow live events to return to full capacity as soon as possible. They need to set a goal, say September, and do what they have to do to make that happen. Mask requirements, maybe divide the lawns into sections, require proof of vacination or a recent negative test, etc. Make people sign a waiver saying they won't sue if they get covid. I know it's controversial but fuck it, if they don't want to get a vaccine or a test they can just get a refund and stay at home.

Maybe I'm wrong and things will turn around in time for June. That's a pretty optimistic scenario, but maybe. Vaccine rollout seems to be picking up steam. My wife is a teacher, and her whole staff is getting it this Friday. Who knows when an unimportant scroat like me will be able to get it!

Last edited by podiumboy; 01-25-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    Old 01-25-2021, 03:49 PM   #7205
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

California Roots festival pushed back to 2022.

Monday, January 25, 2021, 9:00 a.m. ET

Organizers for the California Roots festival have announced the 2021 iteration of the annual springtime event will now be pushed back to next year.

A statement shared by event organizers on Friday reads,

Dear Cali Roots Family, Never did we ever think we’d be saying this but here goes. Due to the uncertainty around large-scale event production and COVID safety, Cali Roots will be postponed until May 2022.

This is certainly not what we had hoped for, but it is clear that we will not be able to produce Cali Roots in any sort of form that will look and feel like our beloved festival this year. We miss our Cali Roots family so much. This past year has been incredibly challenging and awash with losses, but also full of unexpected blessings. Thank you to all who continue to support us by hanging on to your tickets and buying merch from our online store (new products & designs rolling out all year!). The love and hope you share with us continues to push us. We are determined to be standing when the dust settles and are counting the days until we are together again.

Please stay safe, stay positive and keep those good vibes flowing. All 2020 & 2021 tickets will be honored for Cali Roots 2022. We will be sending an email to all ticket holders with further information.

The festival will now take place at the Monterey County Fair & Event Center on May 26th-29th, 2022. Head to the event website for more info.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/co...tion-tracking/
    Old 01-26-2021, 12:07 PM   #7206
    ArmyDMB41

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Last warning on the politics. Unless DMB had a show scheduled at the border wall or the pipeline, that conversation should be taken to the venue we have for it; the Prompter thread.
    Yeah, you are only allowed to discuss politics if the moderators agree with you. You are about 100 pages too late for this warning.
    Old 01-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #7207
    Cincy_

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmyDMB41 View Post
    Yeah, you are only allowed to discuss politics if the moderators agree with you. You are about 100 pages too late for this warning.
    Life in a dictatorship.

Venue i work at in the summer rumor is fall start at best. It takes over a month to clean and prepare for a season of shows.. no rush at this point..
    Old 01-26-2021, 01:30 PM   #7208
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmyDMB41 View Post
    You can take any political side you want in the appropriate thread.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincy_ View Post
    Life in a dictatorship.

Do you need me to link you to the thread? It's always on the first page; not hard to find.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 01-26-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    Old 01-26-2021, 01:35 PM   #7209
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    they're waiting until the last possible moment. Do you really think there's going to be shows this summer?

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    Old 01-26-2021, 01:41 PM   #7210
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    they're waiting until the last possible moment. Do you really think there's going to be shows this summer?
    Yes, it's clear they are going to wait as long as possible. I was simply pointing out how far apart the two sides are. We have one poster stating the world would never be the same, and DMB/management not even cancelling or postponing shows yet.

I didn't include my opinion in my post on purpose, but I think at this point it's almost a guarantee that shows at the beginning of the summer will not happen as scheduled.

Anyone who thinks that internally, the whole summer is cancelled already, is wrong though.
    Old 01-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #7211
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, it's clear they are going to wait as long as possible. I was simply pointing out how far apart the two sides are. We have one poster stating the world would never be the same, and DMB/management not even cancelling or postponing shows yet.

I didn't include my opinion in my post on purpose, but I think at this point it's almost a guarantee that shows at the beginning of the summer will not happen as scheduled.

Anyone who thinks that internally, the whole summer is cancelled already, is wrong though.
    I'm sorry about that, I mis-read your post completely.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    Old 01-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #7212
    Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

My Tour Central Stats

My humble thought is a lot of positive things would have to happen for shows to start even in early September.
    Unless i am missing something The Gorge is currently limited to a capacity of 200 people by state law. https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/de...20Guidance.pdf
    Even if that is increased to 13,000 by September (Roughly 50% capacity) my guess would be that more than 13,000 tickets have currently been sold.
    Think ExistenceNow gave a good theory that it would lead to a lottery to see who even gets to go. Even if you already had a ticket.

Fingers crossed for movement in the right direction.

- J
    Old 01-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #7213
    karczews41

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Northwest String Summit, much smaller than say a Gorge show, pushed its 2021 July show another year to 2022.
    Old 01-27-2021, 04:21 AM   #7214
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Had a weird dream where I was actually able to see a show back in the summer of 2020. The band played a handful of shows in Florida where they didn’t, and still and don’t give a fuck about the rona . I was worried they would cancel for sure in 2021, because we know so much more about the virus. Basically it was a scenario where the virus kinda hit but it was more like January and February 2020 in Mayish/June

Lol i remember how my show dreams used to be more geared towards having a really great setlist. Now it’s all about just straight up seeing shows again. Damn, I really need my fix. Hopefully atleast fall 2021 or spring 2022. It’s going to suck major balls if we’re in summer of 2022 and we’re still not seeing shows.

Last edited by tyler3440; 01-27-2021 at 04:24 AM.
    Old 01-27-2021, 05:21 AM   #7215
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Had a weird dream where I was actually able to see a show back in the summer of 2020. The band played a handful of shows in Florida where they didn’t, and still and don’t give a fuck about the rona . I was worried they would cancel for sure in 2021, because we know so much more about the virus. Basically it was a scenario where the virus kinda hit but it was more like January and February 2020 in Mayish/June

Lol i remember how my show dreams used to be more geared towards having a really great setlist. Now it’s all about just straight up seeing shows again. Damn, I really need my fix. Hopefully atleast fall 2021 or spring 2022. It’s going to suck major balls if we’re in summer of 2022 and we’re still not seeing shows.
    I think we could see fall shows in warm weather places, but I'd be shocked if 2022 isn't a full (and very busy) concert summer. If that's not the case, we will have had much, much bigger issues.
    Old 01-27-2021, 05:46 AM   #7216
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    I think we could see fall shows in warm weather places, but I'd be shocked if 2022 isn't a full (and very busy) concert summer. If that's not the case, we will have had much, much bigger issues.
    I mean I wouldn’t be shocked by anything at this point. Hopefully 2022 will happen. I was almost certain 2021 would be for sure. I thought basically vaccine would bring life back to normal. I thought having a vaccine by December will get summer shows going again for sure. People were saying we wouldn’t have a vaccine for years. In that case yeah 2022 seems like the earliest. Then we got the vaccine way earlier then expected and 2021 is still a no go. Oh well.
    Old 01-27-2021, 06:25 AM   #7217
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would like to see more artists, and the concert industry as a whole, really FIGHT to get these concerts to happen by fall. By then the vaccine should be pretty well rolled out, and the load will be off the hospitals. At that point, there should be no reason not to reopen society 100%. I'm talking full football stadiums, etc. There HAS to come a point where these events are allowed to take place.

I think the pandemic should be largely under control by then. But at a certain point it's no longer about the pandemic, but about the various logistical issues that the pandemic has proposed. They just need to draw a hard line and say "we need to do what we have to do to make concerts happen by September". Full movie theaters, full sporting events, etc.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake C View Post
    My humble thought is a lot of positive things would have to happen for shows to start even in early September.
    Unless i am missing something The Gorge is currently limited to a capacity of 200 people by state law. https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/de...20Guidance.pdf
    Even if that is increased to 13,000 by September (Roughly 50% capacity) my guess would be that more than 13,000 tickets have currently been sold.
    Think ExistenceNow gave a good theory that it would lead to a lottery to see who even gets to go. Even if you already had a ticket.

Fingers crossed for movement in the right direction.

- J
    That’s the first glitch
    Every state is different so planning a tour is basically impossible because there is no national standard to go by

Zero shows here
    Shows with 200 there
    Shows unlimited over there
    Old 01-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #7218
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

And all of that changes as the data changes. A county might be open when you book the date, but may experience a surge and shut back down by the time that date comes around.
    Old 01-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #7219
    amberleigh

Shows Seen: 43

My Tour Central Stats

Make it END!!! Just want to go to the Gorge!!!!!
    Old 01-27-2021, 02:11 PM   #7220
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amberleigh View Post
    Make it END!!! Just want to go to the Gorge!!!!!

I'm thinking 2023 is the year, pumped
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:13 PM   #7221
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I'm thinking 2023 is the year, pumped
    So In a few weeks we’ve gone from me being an idiot for thinking no shows in 2021 to no shows until 2023.

Literally nothing would surprise me anymore. Every week it feels like we go 2 steps forward and 3 steps back in terms of getting our lives back.
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #7222
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Do you think Red Light will jump on the bandwagon and have vaccine passports with the fire dancer logo in their shops soon?
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:34 PM   #7223
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So In a few weeks we’ve gone from me being an idiot for thinking no shows in 2021 to no shows until 2023.

Literally nothing would surprise me anymore. Every week it feels like we go 2 steps forward and 3 steps back in terms of getting our lives back.

I interpreted that comment being about The Gorge specifically. I still think there might be an issue cramming that many people into The Gorge campgrounds for 4-5 Days in September 2022. Maybe.

I think the possibility of Outdoor Concerts in 2022, is probably not too unrealistic an idea. It's only for a few hours, and obviously different than a 4-5 Day Camping situation, with 25K people 24/7. That is why I think there's no chance of The Gorge happening in 2021. Sadly, Wildhorse might as well plan for another year with no customers. And even more sad, they have to hope and pray for shows to return in 2022. We'll see if DMB is one of those, given they bring 20K+ fans in for 3 consecutive nights.

But let's have hope that the vaccine will be effective. If it is, and given how fast it was developed, we may have significant improvement by the 4th Qtr. of 2021. And fingers crossed, wall to wall concerts scheduled at venues by Summer 2022.
    Old 01-27-2021, 07:39 PM   #7224
    Cincy_

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

If you heard Fauci tonight even with the vaccine you are still going to have to wear a mask and social distance because you can carry a s spread COVID. Basically meaning until we get enough people vaccinated and full herd immunity is reached do not count on anything to get back to normal this year.
    Old 01-28-2021, 05:05 AM   #7225
    Bduff14

Shows Seen: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincy_ View Post
    If you heard Fauci tonight even with the vaccine you are still going to have to wear a mask and social distance because you can carry a s spread COVID. Basically meaning until we get enough people vaccinated and full herd immunity is reached do not count on anything to get back to normal this year.

They need to explain that better IMO. Makes people feel like their is no end. The reality is they don't think people are spreading it once they are vaccinated but are waiting on the data.
    Old 01-28-2021, 07:11 AM   #7226
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bduff14 View Post
    They need to explain that better IMO. Makes people feel like their is no end. The reality is they don't think people are spreading it once they are vaccinated but are waiting on the data.
    They need to do a better job of communicating to the public where things are. The only updates people get are the doom and gloom media reports.
    Old 01-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #7227
    Bduff14

Shows Seen: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They need to do a better job of communicating to the public where things are. The only updates people get are the doom and gloom media reports.

Totally agree
    Old 01-28-2021, 09:54 AM   #7228
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

10000% this. I feel like every time I look at Twitter trends there is some depressing NYT headline about how we are going to still need to mask and distance for so much longer. Sure, probably true, but maybe try to mix in some hope for normalcy for people, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 01-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #7229
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    10000% this. I feel like every time I look at Twitter trends there is some depressing NYT headline about how we are going to still need to mask and distance for so much longer. Sure, probably true, but maybe try to mix in some hope for normalcy for people, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s the problem. The media is playing up the fear porn because that’s what gets people’s attention. There is no hope out there right now. The only info we get is an occasional depressing quote from Fauci. It wouldn’t kill them to give people a little bit of hope that there is a plan, and that eventually we will get our lives back.
    Old 01-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #7230
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

I don’t need sunshine blown up my ass, I just want facts / the truth.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Closed Thread