I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please - Page 323 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Live Releases

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-16-2021, 11:23 AM   #9661
SPAC_Boy

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs View Post
Totally agree with your take MarkMilberg. Even if it makes us snowflakes. Been too long since I've been called that. I missed it
Snowflake..
SPAC_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #9662
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I know we already have a few shows from August 1995, so some may say that means we don't need anymore from that 4 week period.

I say the amount of releases from Aug '95 means they were using their multitrack equipment a lot during that month, and if they have any more - bring it on! I personally think that is one of the strongest months the band has ever done. Hands down my favorite month. Anyways, if I'm right, and they do have more to offer, I vote for this one:

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=38&where=1995

Great show, features David Ryan Harris on a couple songs, 41 police, and has a very special encore. Early version of Raven/Little Thing, and that Halloween is the last played until Luther College, and last full band until 10.31.96 (halloween) and not played again after that until the release of BTCS.
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2021, 11:51 AM   #9663
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I just want good shows released and for me that’s 98-04. I don’t know any patterns, and I do think there is no method to the madness

I don’t see a need for newer shows to be released unless there isn’t a tape. We know the band to some degree is aware of the community and has such knowledge. Modern tapes are pretty amazing and that should be enough. My opinion of course.

I also think at this stage of the game the shows should have neat things that are special to that show. Jams, unique encores, one off performances, etc. they could also do bonus stuff better too, or just do it in general. 8/10/01 with no light lift me up just seems like a missed opportunity.

Last edited by crashintonickdm; 07-16-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2021, 12:15 PM   #9664
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

With the newer stuff, unless I was there, I'm probably not as interested in the 2018-present DMB via Live Trax. And I'm not a hater of this current lineup, either. Good tapes, SiriusXM concerts, Live Stream shows on YouTube, warm up videos and the past couple Warehouse discs have me more than content with the latest iteration of DMB.

Sure, some of the shows they pick aren't ones on the message board faithful's radar and we seek to understand why it was chosen. Perhaps they could do a better job of sharing with us WHY they found it worthy to put out aside from the generic by synopsis they give us every press release.
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2021, 04:51 PM   #9665
    MarkMilberg

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    That said, the LT series has several times given us LTs from the same touring year back to back or within their four releases a year schedule. LT14 and LT15 are both 2008 shows. LTs 22, 27, and 28 are all from 2010. There's no pattern, none at all, so yes, it's silly to say that because the last two LTs were from 09 and 01, then LT57 has to be a new show. Then, to say that because we had a 97 release in 2019 as a reason we can't have another one in 2021, absolutely ridiculous.

My comment was tongue in cheek and it went over the OPs head.
    LT 14 and 15 (which are both shows from 2008) were released in 2009;
    LT 27 and 28 (which are both shows from 2010) were released in 2013.

These are instances of the band releasing different recent shows in the same year, not instances of the band releasing "ancient" shows from the same year in a short period of time.

You should expect the band to release many recent shows in a short period of time because the band will always be anxious to release live versions of newer songs and newer renditions of older songs into the community.

But the band's recent LT history is that if a show is released from the 1990s or 2000-2010 we won't get another show from that same year for a while.
    MarkMilberg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #9666
    MarkMilberg

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SPAC_Boy View Post
    Some of the people here are just snow flakes. Say whatever the hell you want. The person being talked about needs to be strong enough to realize it’s through an internet message board.
    I don't understand this attitude.

Are you saying that because it's the internet, you're allowed to be a jerk?

Are you saying that because you're not talking to him face-to-face you're allowed to be a jerk?

Are you saying that because it's the internet, he only has two choices: be insulted, bullied and picked or or quit and never come back?

Are you saying that because some people are jerks on the internet, you shouldn't try to not be a jerk?

How about just not being an asshole? ever. Whether you're on the internet or not.
    How about just not being rude? ever. Whether you're on the internet or not.

How about when someone acts like a jerk on the internet you tell them to stop?

Yeah, some people are assholes online, and we have to deal with that sometimes, but we don't have to be rude on this website.

"People who are brutally honest generally enjoy the brutality more than the honesty." - Richard Needham
    Old 07-17-2021, 09:09 AM   #9667
    SPAC_Boy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkMilberg View Post

Are you saying that because you're not talking to him face-to-face you're allowed to be a jerk?

Are you saying that because it's the internet, he only has two choices: be insulted, bullied and picked or or quit and never come back?

Are you saying that because some people are jerks on the internet, you shouldn't try to not be a jerk?

How about just not being an asshole? ever. Whether you're on the internet or not.

Yeah, some people are assholes online, and we have to deal with that sometimes, but we don't have to be rude on this website.

"People who are brutally honest generally enjoy the brutality more than the honesty." - Richard Needham
    You say a lot of words that amount to nothing. But I’m cool with your view. I just think that anyone can be able to say anything, just a libertarian at their roots. If you want to be some sort of Hero, that’s fine, be a Hero. But I’ll come in and give my two cents about you of being a hero on an online forum.

If you like quotes so much I’ll toss this one here from Friedrich Nietzsche: “ There are no facts, only interpretations”

Going back to the subject. I would love for a really good 2002 show to be released with YNK, Pig, Captain, etc. that would make my day.
    Old 07-17-2021, 10:25 AM   #9668
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please

Quote:
    You say a lot of words that amount to nothing. But I’m cool with your view. I just think that anyone can be able to say anything, just a libertarian at their roots. If you want to be some sort of Hero, that’s fine, be a Hero. But I’ll come in and give my two cents about you of being a hero on an online forum.

If you like quotes so much I’ll toss this one here from Friedrich Nietzsche: “ There are no facts, only interpretations”

Going back to the subject. I would love for a really good 2002 show to be released with YNK, Pig, Captain, etc. that would make my day.

Quote:

For what is worth (not much, I guess) I agree with MarkMilberg’s point of view.
    Sometimes, I think, internet is a shield, behind which everybody can say the worst things and still run away without any problem (in general). You need bigger balls to have an argument or insult someone face to face. Hiding behind a nickname (we all have one, and Mark is one of the few who signs) is too easy.

Internet forum are often a place for hatred and let the brutality free. I think markmilberg quote is about that.

Also, I think that behaving in a civilized way doesn’t make anybody an hero, it is just the way we live everyday, and I don’t think I feel constrains in doing that.
    Now, I think I understand also what SPACboy is trying to say, about the freedom to express yourself, and I think you can do that here, without going in the territory of the lack of respect. Want an example? I should post it in the unpopular thread, but I just don’t like songs that are considered the quintessential DMB like JTR and The Song that Jane Likes. I don’t think that this though goes against anyone (maybe against common sense ).

I have been sarcastic to WYG a couple of times in this exact thread (about the number of his posts and about the funny fact that he is so focused in future trax, but he has listened to 20% of the existing ones). and I am sorry if he took all that seriously.
    The border between sarcasm and offense is a thin one, and probably WYG is an easy target.

Sorry for the long post, now let’s back to LT57. I also think it will be a post-Roi one, I really hope a 2SETS.

Last edited by Xcacel; 07-17-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2021, 10:47 AM   #9669
    SPAC_Boy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
    Sometimes, I think, internet is a shield, behind which everybody can say the worst things and still run away without any problem (in general). You need bigger balls to have an argument or insult someone face to face. Hiding behind a nickname (we all have one, and Mark is one of the few who signs) is too easy.

Internet forum are often a place for hatred and let the brutality free. I think markmilberg quote is about that.

Also, I think that behaving in a civilized way doesn’t make anybody an hero, it is just the way we live everyday, and I don’t think I feel constrains in doing that.
    Now, I think I understand also what SPACboy is trying to say, about the freedom to express yourself, and I think you can do that here, without going in the territory of the lack of respect. Want an example? I should post it in the unpopular thread, but I just don’t like songs that are considered the quintessential DMB like JTR and The Song that Jane Likes. I don’t think that this though goes against anyone (maybe against common sense ).

I have been sarcastic to WYG a couple of times in this exact thread (about the number of his posts and about the funny fact that he is so focused in future trax, but he has listened to 20% of the existing ones). and I am sorry if he took all that seriously.
    The border between sarcasm and offense is a thin one, and probably WYG is an easy target.

Sorry for the long post, now let’s back to LT57. I also think it will be a post-Roi one, I really hope a 2SETS.
    This..this I respect.
    And to get back to the topic on hand, I too, believe that JTR is extremely overrated.

And now to REALLY get back on topic, 05.04.2002 would be a great releasehttp://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=12&where=2002
    Old 07-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #9670
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

6/23/00 is just so fuckin good. First show I did a b&p

Two step in the rain blows away the 6/11/01 version.
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2021, 09:22 AM   #9671
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post

If it’s 2 sets we’d think 2015 right? I know we had 2014 last year for LT52 (first 2014 show since the release of Lt32) but the only 2015 out there is LT36 (Alpine #2)

Last edited by WhereYouGoin; 07-18-2021 at 09:23 AM.
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2021, 04:04 PM   #9672
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Agreed with 5.4.2002. Looks like a great set. Hope we get some great selections this year for 57 and 58. I’d assume 58 will be a show from the upcoming tour, maybe the opener in Raleigh?

Also want to point out that it’s been awhile since we got an early 90s show. Maybe for LT60 they can dig deep and give us something from way back.
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2021, 04:40 PM   #9673
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
    Agreed with 5.4.2002. Looks like a great set. Hope we get some great selections this year for 57 and 58. I’d assume 58 will be a show from the upcoming tour, maybe the opener in Raleigh?

Also want to point out that it’s been awhile since we got an early 90s show. Maybe for LT60 they can dig deep and give us something from way back.
    We aren’t far from LT60 so you never know.
    60 being the one that’ll come out this time next year.
    Old 07-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #9674
    TSTJL40
    HEN-REEEK!

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I’ve wanted 5/4/02 to be released for so long. Would be a fantastic LT!
    TSTJL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2021, 03:41 AM   #9675
    watsonbriant
    Completionist

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Despite a reduction in set variety in 2016, I enjoyed how the band sounded. This set looks like a decent pick for an LT:

July 27, 2016
    MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, FL

Lie in Our Graves »
    Crash into Me
    Belly Belly Nice
    Black and Blue Bird
    Crush
    Big Eyed Fish »
    Bismarck
    Proudest Monkey »
    Satellite
    Say Goodbye
    Tripping Billies
    Digging a Ditch
    Funny the Way It Is
    Corn Bread
    Lie in Our Graves [reprise] »
    Stay (Wasting Time)
    -----------------------------------
    Granny
    Pantala Naga Pampa »
    Rapunzel
    Old 07-20-2021, 04:15 AM   #9676
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by watsonbriant View Post
    Despite a reduction in set variety in 2016, I enjoyed how the band sounded. This set looks like a decent pick for an LT:

July 27, 2016
    MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, FL

Lie in Our Graves »
    Crash into Me
    Belly Belly Nice
    Black and Blue Bird
    Crush
    Big Eyed Fish »
    Bismarck
    Proudest Monkey »
    Satellite
    Say Goodbye
    Tripping Billies
    Digging a Ditch
    Funny the Way It Is
    Corn Bread
    Stay (Wasting Time)
    Granny
    Pantala Naga Pampa »
    Rapunzel

Tampa has killed the last several years and always seem to have odd openers. I remembered it took me a good few seconds to understand it was LIOG they opened with and it's my favorite song ever. That set flowed perfectly. It was my favorite show of 2016. That Proudest Monkey jam was insane too.
    Old 07-20-2021, 06:29 PM   #9677
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

If I were picking LT57 I'd pick either June/July 2015 or November/December 2018.
    Old 07-21-2021, 05:12 PM   #9678
    bwillis1975

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

So his words don't matter as much as yours? That's the attitude you imply.

Funny thing. Libertarians value their own truths and liberties, but mock others.

Just because you can say nearly anything doesn't mean you should. Don't be an asshole just because you can.

And Nietzsche was wrong. There are indisputable facts. The sky appears blue to a non-colorblind eye, tectonic plates shift causing earthquakes, things are documented as happening. Nietzsche appears to be an absolutist with that statement but he's wrong.

I would definitely dig another 2002-2003, vaguely speaking Lillywhite/Busted Stuff era heavy set list show. Sure there's a few more we all could agree on as a good releases.
    bwillis1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2021, 08:14 PM   #9679
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

July 27, 2016

Lie in Our Graves »
    Crash into Me
    Belly Belly Nice
    Black and Blue Bird
    Crush
    Big Eyed Fish »
    Bismarck
    Proudest Monkey »
    Satellite
    Say Goodbye
    Tripping Billies
    Digging a Ditch
    Funny the Way It Is
    Corn Bread
    Stay (Wasting Time)
    Granny
    Pantala Naga Pampa »
    Rapunzel
    I’d love to see this show be picked.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2021, 10:56 PM   #9680
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

What about?: July 1, 2015.
    A Whiter Shade of Pale
    The Needle and the Damage Done
    Oh
    The Stone (Can't Help Falling in Love interpolation).
    When the World Ends
    Recently (Pretty Pretty Girl outro; Take Me to the River interpolation)
    Typical Situation
    Tripping Billies
    I'll Back You Up
    Grace Is Gone
    Set Break
    Seek Up
    Drive In Drive Out
    Proudest Monkey » Jamaican Farewell interpolation
    Satellite
    Black and Blue Bird
    Squirm
    So Much to Say »
    Anyone Seen the Bridge » Also Sprach Zarathustra and Heartbreaker interpolations
    Too Much
    Virginia in the Rain
    Lie in Our Graves »
    Digging a Ditch
    You Might Die Trying
    Encore
    Sister
    Belly Belly Nice
    There’s no tape.
    Old 07-22-2021, 06:36 AM   #9681
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

July 27, 2016

Lie in Our Graves »
    Crash into Me
    Belly Belly Nice
    Black and Blue Bird
    Crush
    Big Eyed Fish »
    Bismarck
    Proudest Monkey »
    Satellite
    Say Goodbye
    Tripping Billies
    Digging a Ditch
    Funny the Way It Is
    Corn Bread
    Stay (Wasting Time)
    Granny
    Pantala Naga Pampa »
    Rapunzel
    I'd buy this because I was there, and two, they played half of Crash that night. But that Rapunzel almost enters trainwreck territory.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #9682
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Tour started tonight. Any hopes for an LT from this tour for either this holiday season or next spring.
    Old 07-24-2021, 12:14 PM   #9683
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Is last night’s show LT worthy?
    Old 07-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #9684
    watsonbriant
    Completionist

My Tour Central Stats

I would say yes, but the fact it was broadcasted on Sirius hurts its chances IMO. The band sounded great, only had a couple of hiccups.
    Old 07-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #9685
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would say yes, but the fact it was broadcasted on Sirius hurts its chances IMO. The band sounded great, only had a couple of hiccups.
    SiriusXM is no reason for it to not be an LT.
    You were told so earlier.
    They’ve even played some already available LTs/live releases (Chicago ‘98, MSG 2002, Fenway 2006 to name a few)
    Old 07-24-2021, 03:01 PM   #9686
    MarkMilberg

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    SiriusXM is no reason for it to not be an LT.
    You were told so earlier.
    They’ve even played some already available LTs/live releases (Chicago ‘98, MSG 2002, Fenway 2006 to name a few)
    I agree that the show being broadcast on Sirius should not prevent it from being a future LiveTrax, but I expect it will hurt its chances of being released anytime soon. It sounds like a lot of people on these boards record the Sirius shows, and feel those recordings are "good enough", which implies that they would not buy the show if it were released as a LiveTrax, whereas at least some of those people WILL buy a LiveTrax of a 2021 show if they don't already have a recording of it off of Sirius.

I think that if a show is a show the band thinks is great, the band will consider releasing it on LiveTrax 5 or 10 years after a show is broadcast on Sirius, but that the first 2021 show we get on LiveTrax will not be a show that was broadcast.

I don't know the answer to this question: have any shows that were broadcast on Sirius first, been released as LiveTrax later? (I'm not talking about the opposite situation, where an already released album is broadcast on Sirius).
    Old 07-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #9687
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Setlist was good, but performances will hold it back from being a live trax. They’re small hiccups, but a lot of them. The mistake in #41, the vocal issues on WOTM, the transition in Hello Again from Buddy’s solo to the ending was a little sloppy, Dave forgetting the lyrics to SFTM.

The band rarely nails it the first show on tour. 2006 was one of those rare times, which is surprising because it was also Rashawn’s first full show with the band
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-24-2021, 10:32 PM   #9688
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I agree that the show being broadcast on Sirius should not prevent it from being a future LiveTrax, but I expect it will hurt its chances of being released anytime soon. It sounds like a lot of people on these boards record the Sirius shows, and feel those recordings are "good enough", which implies that they would not buy the show if it were released as a LiveTrax, whereas at least some of those people WILL buy a LiveTrax of a 2021 show if they don't already have a recording of it off of Sirius.

I think that if a show is a show the band thinks is great, the band will consider releasing it on LiveTrax 5 or 10 years after a show is broadcast on Sirius, but that the first 2021 show we get on LiveTrax will not be a show that was broadcast.

I don't know the answer to this question: have any shows that were broadcast on Sirius first, been released as LiveTrax later? (I'm not talking about the opposite situation, where an already released album is broadcast on Sirius).
    I want to know if a second gorge box set has been considered (like the one from 2002)
    Old 07-25-2021, 03:19 AM   #9689
    watsonbriant
    Completionist

My Tour Central Stats

Before 2005 turned into the pukefest it became:

March 20, 2005
    Palais Theatre, St Kilda, VIC, AUS

One Sweet World
    What Would You Say
    Grey Street
    The Stone
    Crush
    The Best of What's Around
    Where Are You Going
    When the World Ends
    Bartender
    American Baby
    Warehouse »
    Kookaburra [tease]
    Rhyme & Reason
    So Much to Say »
    Anyone Seen the Bridge »
    Too Much
    Don't Drink the Water
    Tripping Billies
    Old 07-25-2021, 05:31 AM   #9690
    FSUnTwoStepToo

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

We could find hundreds of setlists that look amazing and would make a great LT if only the setlist were the deciding factor. The truth is that Dave sounds bad some nights and like snow1868 said earlier, some songs are just train wrecks musically certain nights. I've been to multiple shows where the setlist was amazing but Dave's voice was fatigued or just bad. We don't need more LT where Dave sounds bad.
    FSUnTwoStepToo is offline   Reply With Quote