**Dave & Tim Mexico ~ Feb 18-20, 2022** - Page 6 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 10-15-2021, 12:07 PM   #151
Bduff14

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Dave & Tim Mexico ~ Feb 18-20, 2022**

Really hoping for Ruston Kelly
Bduff14 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-15-2021, 12:17 PM   #152
    surferbrad87

Shows Seen: 42

My Tour Central Stats

Just put in for waitlist in case no one has one for sale. Fingers crossed!
    surferbrad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-15-2021, 08:03 PM   #153
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CDN-DMBfan View Post
    149 Days to go....

Might be worth joining Facebook @Waite4. Seems like a package each week is being offered for transfer lately.

The majority of packages that go for sale happen on Facebook

CID is being very strict about transfers this year

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CDN-DMBfan View Post
    Anyone remember the morning run thing they put on last year. How long was it? 3 miles I want to say. I couldn’t find any info in last years thread, or on the CID/Tixr sites. Think I’ll give it a go this year.

I think it was 2.5-3 but they advertised it as a 5k maybe?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilant420 View Post
    I thought in the past there were people selling theirs at a discount last min. Not sure how that will go for this years shows w/ everyone wanting to get out and all that because of Covid.

Either way, I'd book flights while they are cheap and then cancel them last min if you can get a package.

Better be safe then sorry.

As I said before CID is being super strict on transfers this year….

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheman10 View Post
    It's 3K. Come on now, you're in Riviera Maya partying your ass off. 3 miles?! Calm down Lance Armstrong! (Kidding of course)

Ha ha. It was actually super popular. My husband did it and got a cheesy medal

I sat by the pool drinking mimosas directing people in running clothes where to go

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Waite4 View Post
    Thanks. I’m not on Facebook, but good to know there is some activity there. I’ll keep checking Ants, warehouse, COT, etc.

As I said before I think the majority of package sales happen on Facebook. Might be worth joining just for that. Good luck!

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-15-2021, 08:47 PM   #154
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    The majority of packages that go for sale happen on Facebook

CID is being very strict about transfers this year

I think it was 2.5-3 but they advertised it as a 5k maybe?

As I said before CID is being super strict on transfers this year….

Ha ha. It was actually super popular. My husband did it and got a cheesy medal

I sat by the pool drinking mimosas directing people in running clothes where to go

As I said before I think the majority of package sales happen on Facebook. Might be worth joining just for that. Good luck!
    Thanks for all the info! When you say being strict about it, what have you heard or experienced?
    Old 10-15-2021, 08:50 PM   #155
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by surferbrad87 View Post
    Thanks for all the info! When you say being strict about it, what have you heard or experienced?

They aren’t letting people transfer packages

It’s always said non-refundable and non-transferable, but in the past if you have a sob story or legit excuse they’ve let you transfer

From what I’ve heard this year they are declining legitimate reasons to transfer

My theory? It sold out instantly, they are short staffed from the pandemic, and contractually don’t need to allow transfers

We will see what happens once all final payments are made and we get closer

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-15-2021, 10:24 PM   #156
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks for info. I joined a waitlist already but really wish you could just say a whole range of options you would take instead of picking 2 and hoping for the best. At least I think you should be able to say I'll do an x amount of days at any resort. I could have bought when on sale but didn't know I could go 100% at the time and too much $$$ to risk.
    Old 10-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #157
    nick45
    1st Time Caller

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

So we showed up braceletless our 1st time. Where is the best place to get yours made? I’m sure there are a ton of places but has anyone used a place they would recommend?
    Old 10-18-2021, 01:03 PM   #158
    arizza11

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

How do you go about buying a pass to the Grand? Any idea of the cost? Also anyone know about hiring a photographer?
    5 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
    arizza11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-18-2021, 02:18 PM   #159
    nick45
    1st Time Caller

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by arizza11 View Post
    How do you go about buying a pass to the Grand? Any idea of the cost? Also anyone know about hiring a photographer?
    There are no passes, you either are staying there or your at one of the other 2. If you’re not staying there, they don’t let you order drinks/food. It’s nothing crazy, just less people and more marble. It’s still the same resort.
    Old 10-18-2021, 06:41 PM   #160
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nick45 View Post
    There are no passes, you either are staying there or your at one of the other 2. If you’re not staying there, they don’t let you order drinks/food. It’s nothing crazy, just less people and more marble. It’s still the same resort.
    That's incorrect unless they changed it this year. Wife and I got passes last year for $50 each just to check it out one day. Included all amenities.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2021, 08:48 AM   #161
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    They aren’t letting people transfer packages

It’s always said non-refundable and non-transferable, but in the past if you have a sob story or legit excuse they’ve let you transfer

From what I’ve heard this year they are declining legitimate reasons to transfer

My theory? It sold out instantly, they are short staffed from the pandemic, and contractually don’t need to allow transfers

We will see what happens once all final payments are made and we get closer
    From a business standpoint it makes sense for them to not let people transfer them. They can have people cancel and they still get all or some of their money and then they can turn around and sell them to a waitlist person and collect money again on the same package. It's a win-win for them
    Old 10-19-2021, 08:49 AM   #162
    arizza11

Shows Seen: 96

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    That's incorrect unless they changed it this year. Wife and I got passes last year for $50 each just to check it out one day. Included all amenities.
    I may have friends over at the grand and wanted to join them for dinner one night. I heard of a pass that you can get. Like I could go to them? And they can't come to me? I am not sure how that works
    5 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
    arizza11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2021, 12:47 PM   #163
    nick45
    1st Time Caller

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    Sorry for the bad info.
    This is great news actually 😁
    Old 10-27-2021, 09:33 AM   #164
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Just got an email with the COVID policy, I bolded the key part.

As COVID-19 continues to impact international travel and live events, we ask that all attendees remain mindful of their exposure risk in the weeks prior to travel. Creating a safe, comfortable experience for all guests, artists, and staff remains the highest priority for CID Presents.

With this in mind, the following three requirements will apply to Dave & Tim Riviera Maya 2022 guests:​​

Proof of COVID-19 vaccination before departure
    Negative COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours prior to check-in
    Antigen test for departure back to the USA

Before You Go:

Upload proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
    You’ll need to have received the 2nd Moderna, Pfizer, or AstraZeneca shot, or the single Johnson & Johnson shot at least 14 days prior to arrival. International guests may attend with proof of full vaccination authorized by their home country.
    Upload proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result
    Administered by an official testing site within 96 hours prior to check-in
    Information on where to upload your vaccination card and negative PCR test will be communicated in the coming weeks.

While You're Here:

Per CDC Order, airlines currently require proof of a negative COVID-19 test for entry back into the United States. This antigen test must be taken within 3 days prior to departure and documents must be shown prior to boarding.
    Moon Palace provides two departure rapid antigen tests per room at no charge. If you have more than two people in your room, there will be a surcharge of $19 per additional test. Guests will need to schedule their departure test directly with the resort. Test results may be printed or shown to the airline on a mobile device.
    If CDC guidelines change before the event we may update this requirement in line with any new guidelines, which will be communicated to you.

We appreciate your commitment to these policies as we make every effort to keep the Dave & Tim Riviera Maya community healthy and safe.

Throughout your stay, a number of enhanced sanitation and preventative measures will also be enforced by our friends at Moon Palace Cancún and can be reviewed here.

If you have not done so already, you should consider purchasing travel insurance. Wanderwell travel insurance may provide coverage for certain scenarios including COVID-19 related illness that might prevent you from joining us in Mexico. For details, click here.

We look forward to welcoming you to the beach in 2022!

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:01 AM   #165
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoDaFoo View Post

As COVID-19 continues to impact international travel and live events, we ask that all attendees remain mindful of their exposure risk in the weeks prior to travel. Creating a safe, comfortable experience for all guests, artists, and staff remains the highest priority for CID Presents.

With this in mind, the following three requirements will apply to Dave & Tim Riviera Maya 2022 guests:​​

Before You Go:

You’ll need to have received the 2nd Moderna, Pfizer, or AstraZeneca shot, or the single Johnson & Johnson shot at least 14 days prior to arrival. International guests may attend with proof of full vaccination authorized by their home country.
    Information on where to upload your vaccination card and negative PCR test will be communicated in the coming weeks.

While You're Here:

Per CDC Order, airlines currently require proof of a negative COVID-19 test for entry back into the United States. This antigen test must be taken within 3 days prior to departure and documents must be shown prior to boarding.
    Moon Palace provides two departure rapid antigen tests per room at no charge. If you have more than two people in your room, there will be a surcharge of $19 per additional test. Guests will need to schedule their departure test directly with the resort. Test results may be printed or shown to the airline on a mobile device.
    If CDC guidelines change before the event we may update this requirement in line with any new guidelines, which will be communicated to you.

We appreciate your commitment to these policies as we make every effort to keep the Dave & Tim Riviera Maya community healthy and safe.

Throughout your stay, a number of enhanced sanitation and preventative measures will also be enforced by our friends at Moon Palace Cancún and can be reviewed here.

If you have not done so already, you should consider purchasing travel insurance. Wanderwell travel insurance may provide coverage for certain scenarios including COVID-19 related illness that might prevent you from joining us in Mexico. For details, click here.

Well no longer need a package. No vaccine for me. Sucks too. Other fests like hootie are only requiring negative test so I guess it's a dave thing.
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:19 AM   #166
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well no longer need a package. No vaccine for me. Sucks too. Other fests like hootie are only requiring negative test so I guess it's a dave thing.
    Most large acts are mandating vaccines now. Phish, D&C, DMB, the list goes on.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #167
    sheman10

Shows Seen: 84

My Tour Central Stats

Proof of vaccination plus a negative test... definitely getting the travel insurance now...
    sheman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #168
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 View Post
    Yes I know that is a world we lived in I am fine with a negative testing but does not seem to be an option for this travel package. May just go to Hootie Fest instead just to get a vacation in
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:36 AM   #169
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And I'm all for people if they want to get it it's just not for me. It just does not make sense because the CDC has even said that getting vaccinated does not keep you from spreading it so why not just make everyone get tested that would be a Surefire way to know if anyone has it.
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #170
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoDaFoo View Post

Before You Go:

While You're Here:

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    Old 10-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #171
    dmbclstj2

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And I'm all for people if they want to get it it's just not for me. It just does not make sense because the CDC has even said that getting vaccinated does not keep you from spreading it so why not just make everyone get tested that would be a Surefire way to know if anyone has it.
    I hear ya. I went to a show in September that was Vaccine or test show and my wife and I both got covid, so there really isn't a perfect system. I agree a negative test should at a minimum be an option or if you can prove you've had covid in the past, immunity in other words.
    dmbclstj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #172
    FordPrefect42

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I’m a bit pissed. We dropped a boatload for these tickets. One of us can’t be vaccinated so we are effectively out. Hopefully they will voluntarily transfer the tickets. Requiring this plus a PCR test after the fact is downright slimy. I expected better.
    FordPrefect42 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #173
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I hear ya. I went to a show in September that was Vaccine or test show and my wife and I both got covid, so there really isn't a perfect system. I agree a negative test should at a minimum be an option or if you can prove you've had covid in the past, immunity in other words.
    Yes the system is good but not perfect. I'm sorry but I think if everyone just got tested that would be better than saying you are vaccinated or not because you could still have it and not even know it
    Old 10-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #174
    surferbrad87

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FordPrefect42 View Post
    I’m a bit pissed. We dropped a boatload for these tickets. One of us can’t be vaccinated so we are effectively out. Hopefully they will voluntarily transfer the tickets. Requiring this plus a PCR test after the fact is downright slimy. I expected better.
    Yes I agree! I'm sure there is something when you went to purchase though that said the rules may change but I'm not a hundred percent sure since I was just on the waitlist. I cancel my waitlist now I'm hoping to get a single person room for Hootie fast as they are only requiring a PCR test
    Old 10-27-2021, 11:58 AM   #175
    watchtower08
    heavy as stone

Shows Seen: 48

My Tour Central Stats

ISO a 4 night package if anyone can transfer
    watchtower08 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #176
    signalhill

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Going to both Dave and Tim and Playing in the Sand. Terms are even more stringent for PITS:

‘With this in mind, the following four requirements will apply to all Playing in the Sand 2022 guests:
    Proof of COVID-19 vaccination before departure; AND
    Negative COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours prior to check in; AND
    Antigen test administered at check in; AND
    Additional antigen test for departure back to the USA’

The emails came in back to back and I wondered if there was a difference.
    Old 10-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #177
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Can't be vaccinated for what reason?

From the FAQ:

What if I have a medical condition that may exempt me from getting vaccinated?
    • Please contact Guest Services to discuss your options
    Old 10-27-2021, 01:01 PM   #178
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes the system is good but not perfect. I'm sorry but I think if everyone just got tested that would be better than saying you are vaccinated or not because you could still have it and not even know it
    But tests are required for everyone.....
    Old 10-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #179
    FordPrefect42

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

“ What if I have a medical condition that may exempt me from getting vaccinated?
    • Please contact Guest Services to discuss your options”

Right which is what we are doing. I’m disappointed, but if they work something out no harm no foul.
    FordPrefect42 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-27-2021, 01:17 PM   #180
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    “ What if I have a medical condition that may exempt me from getting vaccinated?
    • Please contact Guest Services to discuss your options”

Right which is what we are doing. I’m disappointed, but if they work something out no harm no foul.
    Cool. Let us know how it goes.