*Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC 684) - Page 9364 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #280891
mdmarvich

Shows Seen: 38

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
We shouldn't be nominating zealots to the Supreme Court. This shouldn't be a controversial opinion.
One would think.....

Something tells me Climb would have a much diff opinion if she were a Muslim.
mdmarvich is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #280892
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 108

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Totally good with just about any type of message and musical art being performed, some of the best music of all time have been connected to politics, some of DMB's best songs are political / observations of the world. Would you rather see Dave spend 15 minutes on a political rant or play Last Stop - Cry Freedom?

I'm there for the music, but I'm obviously not going to get butt hurt if Dave says a couple lines about something going on in the world and THEN plays Cry Freedom. I think it's good when artists give some context to the songs they're playing; on occasion.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 09-27-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #280893
    mdmarvich

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    Call me when she advocates crashing planes into buildings to stop abortion
    Right on cue!
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #280894
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 28

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    The guy is a political activist who is known to go political here and there during a show. Not everyone hates when a band they like mentions shit they agree with. If so many people were turned off by Vedder mentioning politics, they still wouldn't be wildly popular.

It is what it is. Sorry you can't get your way all the time.

As for the last part here let's not do the whole "your a selfish jerk for wanting songs you want at a show and not caring what people you don't know at a concert want" again, it's odd as hell and drags on forever

Die hard Bucs fan 3/17/2020
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #280895
    Antiramie

Quote:
    Totally good with just about any type of message and musical art being performed, some of the best music of all time have been connected to politics, some of DMB's best songs are political / observations of the world. Would you rather see Dave spend 15 minutes on a political rant or play Last Stop - Cry Freedom?
    15 min

Did you accidentally buy tickets for a Ted Talk instead of a concert?
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #280896
    Antiramie

Quote:
    As for the last part here let's not do the whole "your a selfish jerk for wanting songs you want at a show and not caring what people you don't know at a concert want" again, it's odd as hell and drags on forever
    Lol you're bitching about a successful product. Sounds like a personal problem is all I'm saying...

And no, it's not odd as hell to say songs you don't like shouldn't ever be played. That's the definition of selfish.

Last edited by Antiramie; 09-27-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #280897
    mdmarvich

It’s not zealotry if it aligns with my beliefs!
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:56 PM   #280898
    mdmarvich

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    Marv is literally obsessed with me

Half his posts are some variation of “Classic KY ” or “KY getting destroyed hate to see it

Kind of weird tbh
    Why are you lying?
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:57 PM   #280899
    monkeyman420

Quote:
    I wonder if these fans would rather hear him sing or talk about politics
    I don't give a fuck. I'm there to see the band. It's not like his 2-3 minutes of talking prevents them from playing a song on the setlist.
    monkeyman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #280900
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

It’s not zealotry if it’s not zealotry.

I’m fine with Muslims and their faith.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....

Last edited by Climb2safety; 09-27-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #280901
    bbqguy1962

Shows Seen: 31

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gonz085 View Post
    Well when you’re married and basically half of your livelihood and your kids can disappear on a whim, I’m sure it changes the game. It’s why the way we do marriage now is so utterly fucked. But I’m glad you know so much about my relationship because of the situation you find yourself in.
    Find myself in??

How would you do marriage now Dr. Ruth?

All my very best,
    Jack Layton (1950 - 2011)
    bbqguy1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #280902
    monkeyman420

Quote:
    Please provide a 15 minute example of Eddie on a political rant in the middle of a show. I'll wait.
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #280903
    ToySoldier#34

Quote:
    15 min

Did you accidentally buy tickets for a Ted Talk instead of a concert?
    You'd think so

The only time I've ever been completely pissed off and uncomfortable at a show in the context of what we are discussing is when an ex brought me to Madonna. This was right after Sandy Hook and she opened with some song "bang bang shoot your lover in the head" or something like that with a prop gun being shot and blood spilling down all over a wall, everyone there was repulsed by it, not to mention she went on stage at 10:30 on a week night. If I go to a PJ show I'm aware he's going to likely do his rant thing, it is what it is as you said, wish he'd rather play music as everyone would agree with.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:01 PM   #280904
    ToySoldier#34

Quote:
    Lol you're bitching about a successful product. Sounds like a personal problem is all I'm saying...

And no, it's not odd as hell to say songs you don't like shouldn't ever be played. That's the definition of selfish.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM   #280905
    ThatLetter

Shows Seen: 16

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rmp207 View Post
    Tax returns

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...f11fc8d8cbcecc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not @ you rmp but if people in here don’t even give a shit, no one is going to give a shit.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Jesus Christ justink just shut the fuck up for once. Why does everything with you turn into an argument?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    CNN headline - Court gives baker narrow win in gay wedding cake case
    7-2 is narrow now
    ThatLetter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:02 PM   #280906
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

Very zealoty

“Never. It’s never appropriate for a judge to impose that judge’s personal convictions, whether they derive from faith or anywhere else on the law.” — 2017 confirmation hearing.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #280907
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 53

Lots of confirming what we already knew in those tax returns.

He’s on the hook for 421 mil due in the next four years? Interesting.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #280908
    mdmarvich

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gonz085 View Post
    One of these is not like the other. Also, seems like an implication that women struggle to think for themselves or couldn’t possibly make up her own mind to put trust in the person she’s with.
    Which one is different?
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #280909
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Pearl Jam plays like 25 songs a night. I've only seen them like five or six times, but I've never seen Eddie spend a ton of time talking except for his solo show. Even at the solo show, it there wasn't much political ranting, it was mostly stories about the songs ala D&T.

Bottom line, if you don't think you're getting your musical money's worth at a Pearl Jam show, I don't know what to tell you.
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #280910
    cazzie34
    Suckoffs & Smashbattles

Shows Seen: 9

He is personally responsible for loans and other debts totaling $421 million, with most of it coming due within four years. Should he win, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of whether to foreclose on a sitting president.

https://t.co/B6pt6g7xAZ

Might create a conflict of interest the next 4 years.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:06 PM   #280911
    monkeyman420

Quote:
    You'd think so

The only time I've ever been completely pissed off and uncomfortable at a show in the context of what we are discussing is when an ex brought me to Madonna. This was right after Sandy Hook and she opened with some song "bang bang shoot your lover in the head" or something like that with a prop gun being shot and blood spilling down all over a wall, everyone there was repulsed by it, not to mention she went on stage at 10:30 on a week night. If I go to a PJ show I'm aware he's going to likely do his rant thing, it is what it is as you said, wish he'd rather play music as everyone would agree with.

Oh no! How did you survive? Did you write a strongly worded email to the venue letting them know how upsetting it was that someone dared to take the stage that late on a week night?!?! How dare she not know that while she is there for work that her schedule might not mesh with her audience's schedule. Very selfish of her!
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:06 PM   #280912
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    Very zealoty

“Never. It’s never appropriate for a judge to impose that judge’s personal convictions, whether they derive from faith or anywhere else on the law.” — 2017 confirmation hearing.

Then votes for garbage abortion restrictions perfectly in line with her zealot faith and not in line with the law.
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #280913
    Antiramie

Quote:
    You'd think so

So you'll probably never see Madonna again. And the people that will don't mind that shit.

Do you think every concert is just going to be a parade of songs and thats it? Tool has taken a 10 min intermission at every show I've been to. Beck and his band spent 10 min banging forks and knives on cups and plates at a set up dinner table. Green Day spends 10 min finding an audience member to strum along during a song with them.

PJ has political rants. They're a political band. This isn't rocket science.
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #280914
    coldengrey12
    St. Vincent Forever

Shows Seen: 71

Quote:
    Pearl Jam plays like 25 songs a night. I've only seen them like five or six times, but I've never seen Eddie spend a ton of time talking except for his solo show. Even at the solo show, it there wasn't much political ranting, it was mostly stories about the songs ala D&T.

Bottom line, if you don't think you're getting your musical money's worth at a Pearl Jam show, I don't know what to tell you.
    The only time I've really seen Eddie get on one was in 2003 and the second Iraq War was maybe a week old. Back when he was doing the antics with the Bush mask in Bu$hleaguer
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #280915
    rmp207

Shows Seen: 17

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThatLetter View Post
    Not @ you rmp but if people in here don’t even give a shit, no one is going to give a shit.

Haha I noticed. To much Pearl Jam anger at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rmp207 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #280916
    ToySoldier#34

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyman420 View Post

Oh no! How did you survive? Did you write a strongly worded email to the venue letting them know how upsetting it was that someone dared to take the stage that late on a week night?!?! How dare she not know that while she is there for work that her schedule might not mesh with her audience's schedule. Very selfish of her!

this post is pure idiocy

Old 09-27-2020, 06:15 PM   #280917
    coldengrey12
    St. Vincent Forever

Shows Seen: 71

Quote:
    Then votes for garbage abortion restrictions perfectly in line with her zealot faith and not in line with the law.
    I know I'm bringing up ancient history, but I wish the forced-birthers would adopt a posture closer to what Tim Kaine outlined in the 2016 VP debate

He basically said he personally didn't believe in abortion and would advise someone against getting one, but that he wanted the law to give people choices, so he was for abortion rights
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #280918
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    The only time I've really seen Eddie get on one was in 2003 and the second Iraq War was maybe a week old. Back when he was doing the antics with the Bush mask in Bu$hleaguer

So when I saw them at Woodlands in 2003, he sang to a mask but it was a Bill Gates mask.

Quote:
    “Whoever said you were a hick town with more millionaires per square inch, it wasn’t me. I just wanted to say while we’re playing Houston, fuck Dallas. [big cheers] We don’t really feel that way, it’s just freedom of speech … it’s just fun. I think we have to come back and play Dallas (laughing).” He requests the Bill Gates mask and tell the crowd that they’re going to witness what it looks like to impale something on a stick in a ritualistic manner (quoting the Denver newspaper review) and he sets the mask on the mic stand. “You gotta watch close, cause it happens fast. You go like this … total impalement! It’s an insane sick ritual that I invented cause I’m a sick fuck and a celebrity.”

During this, some dude in front of me grabs his wife and drags her out while screaming obscenities at Eddie and giving him the finger.
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #280919
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    I know I'm bringing up ancient history, but I wish the forced-birthers would adopt a posture closer to what Tim Kaine outlined in the 2016 VP debate

He basically said he personally didn't believe in abortion and would advise someone against getting one, but that he wanted the law to give people choices, so he was for abortion rights

I was just reading a Twitter thread from an OB at a clinic detailing incidents where pro-birthers were telling her she was going to burn in hell and how she should be in jail.... while or after they got their own abortions. Everyone in that clinic was scum, but they just made one mistake.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 09-27-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 06:24 PM   #280920
    ToySoldier#34

Quote:
    So you'll probably never see Madonna again. And the people that will don't mind that shit.

Do you think every concert is just going to be a parade of songs and thats it? Tool has taken a 10 min intermission at every show I've been to. Beck and his band spent 10 min banging forks and knives on cups and plates at a set up dinner table. Green Day spends 10 min finding an audience member to strum along during a song with them.

PJ has political rants. They're a political band. This isn't rocket science.

Everyone was pissed off by it and rightfully so

No I don't think every show is going to be a parade of songs, D&T shows aren't, thankfully none of the bands I go to see get all political at their shows. Some of the lead singers are very involved with politics away from their live performance.

All I've said is I prefer that time to be spent playing music