DC Cinematic/TV Marthaverse Fandom (DCUc) - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #61
javierm27

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DC Cinematic/TV Universe Fandom (DCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/...75580962242561

Just saw this, too. Looks like Joker will have decently-long hair, at least not the really short military-style look we've seen in the comics recently. Maybe something akin to the Arkham video games?
Man, so excited about this, and yes, I think you are right.
javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #62
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Joker's laugh already done by Leto?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2y1MLTBlUw
    Old 03-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #63
    fridge112887
    William Perry

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=116207
    Old 03-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #64
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

One more year! Really hope we get a trailer soon, but I have to admit, I love the secrecy that is currently going on with the DC movies.
    Old 03-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #65
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    One more year! Really hope we get a trailer soon, but I have to admit, I love the secrecy that is currently going on with the DC movies.
    A trailer? Has production even begun? haha, I don't think we'll see a teaser trailer until maybe sometime this summer. He is going to be awesome as The Joker. I hope this isn't the reverse of Heath Ledger. Everyone thought he was going to suck when they first heard about it, and then he was amazing. I'd hate for us to expect to see the next best Joker and Leto blows it. I don't think that's what will happen, but stranger things have happened.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #66
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    A trailer? Has production even begun? haha, I don't think we'll see a teaser trailer until maybe sometime this summer. He is going to be awesome as The Joker. I hope this isn't the reverse of Heath Ledger. Everyone thought he was going to suck when they first heard about it, and then he was amazing. I'd hate for us to expect to see the next best Joker and Leto blows it. I don't think that's what will happen, but stranger things have happened.
    If you have seen Leto's movies you should have no doubt he will own this part. His acting range is incredible, and with Ayers writing and directing, I have no doubt about it whatsoever. He is the perfect guy to helm the Suicide Squad.

In regards to the trailer, I was more referring to Batman v Superman, and that we are getting close to the one year mark for that release date.
    Old 03-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #67
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If you have seen Leto's movies you should have no doubt he will own this part. His acting range is incredible, and with Ayers writing and directing, I have no doubt about it whatsoever. He is the perfect guy to helm the Suicide Squad.

In regards to the trailer, I was more referring to Batman v Superman, and that we are getting close to the one year mark for that release date.
    I think Leto is going to own that role. I'm very interested to see what he does with it. Where do you go with that character now? He has to follow Nicholson and Ledger...that's a daunting task right there.

I thought you were talking about Suicide Squad haha. Yeah, I'm really anxious to see somethign for BvS.
    Old 03-05-2015, 02:56 PM   #68
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Boom!

http://batman-news.com/2015/03/05/ja...en-joker-hair/
    Old 03-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #69
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Definitely should be following David Ayer if you're on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies

‏@DavidAyerMovies
    Canon #skwad - The DC universe is too rich to go very far astray.
    Old 03-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #70
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

David Ayer @DavidAyerMovies · Feb 4
    The case of Harley Quinn: Her madness defines her. Is she mad because of WHO she loves or because she loves him so much? #skwad
    Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #71
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Photo of Melissa Benoist in Supergirl duds: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/03...t-as-supergirl
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #72
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Photo of Melissa Benoist in Supergirl duds: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/03...t-as-supergirl
    I've never seen this girl act before, but on looks alone I am absolutely in love with this girl. I have to say I'm getting a little tired of the lack of color in superhero outfits these days. I think Marvel has shown you can throw a little color in it and still be taken seriously. Despite that it looks pretty good. Seriously, major crush on this girl LOL.
    Old 03-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #73
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone watch Throne of Atlantis? I really dug it. Not a fan of the fact that they are including Shazam in the DC Animated features. I just don't really like that character. Weird not hearing Kevin Conroy voice Batman. I don't like the guy they got. I'm was awesome.
    Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #74
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Updated news on the Joker's appearance:

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-jo...earance-rumor/
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #75
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post

Weird, when I heard Jared Leto as The Joker I immediately pictured the one from Dark Knight Returns. Cool to see that may be playing out.
    Old 03-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #76
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post

They better be careful with this, just that it seems like they're building so much anticipation specifically into Leto here and how/what his Joker will be above anything else, if they miss the mark even a little...

btw I've now officially finished up with the commentaries that Kevin Smith has been doing (along with the one other Mark dude from the Smodcast stuff) of all the pre-Nolan Batmans, the one for Batman & Robin's been on youtube for about a month and I listened to it this past week. They wind up being in very different contexts of course, but there's no denying there are certain details that Nolan had in his films where Schumacher "did first" technically, it's funny to hear Smith point them out. like Batman fighting Bane on a catwalk in an underground area, etc... that type of thing. However he also notes, that while George Clooney has long gladly took the responsibility for killing the Batman franchise, but Smith is still confident he'd be a great choice for the role if actually given a good script. That he'd love to see Clooney star in a Dark Knight Returns live action adaptation. But we all know if anything even close to that were to actually happen, it'd much more likely be Michael Keaton (and that would be more wanted by fans). but I don't disagree that Clooney could be a pretty cool BW/Batman with a quality story.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #77
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    They better be careful with this, just that it seems like they're building so much anticipation specifically into Leto here and how/what his Joker will be above anything else, if they miss the mark even a little...

btw I've now officially finished up with the commentaries that Kevin Smith has been doing (along with the one other Mark dude from the Smodcast stuff) of all the pre-Nolan Batmans, the one for Batman & Robin's been on youtube for about a month and I listened to it this past week. They wind up being in very different contexts of course, but there's no denying there are certain details that Nolan had in his films where Schumacher "did first" technically, it's funny to hear Smith point them out. like Batman fighting Bane on a catwalk in an underground area, etc... that type of thing. However he also notes, that while George Clooney has long gladly took the responsibility for killing the Batman franchise, but Smith is still confident he'd be a great choice for the role if actually given a good script. That he'd love to see Clooney star in a Dark Knight Returns live action adaptation. But we all know if anything even close to that were to actually happen, it'd much more likely be Michael Keaton (and that would be more wanted by fans). but I don't disagree that Clooney could be a pretty cool BW/Batman with a quality story.
    I started listening to the Batman and Robin podcast, but I fell asleep. I thought some of those notes about "Schumacher did it first" were pretty funny. I did learn from this podcast that Gossip Gerty was Bob Kane's wife and that's why she's in Batman Returns, Forever and B&R. Didn't realize that. It really is funny to see how the Batman franchise went from Batman all the way to Batman and Robin. What a drastic difference. Commisioner Gordon is a joke in the last two. I did like Batman Forever though.

That would be pretty interesting if they got Keaton back to play an older Batman and get Tim Burton to direct Dark Knight Returns. That would be wicked cool to see them try that.

Speaking of podcasts, I've been looking for good Comic Book podcasts that aren't Fatman on Batman. Only so much Kevin Smith I can take. On my drive home from NH Monday I found a pretty decent Superman podcast. The New 52 Adventures of Superman talk all about the New 52 issues in detail. I really enjoyed the first couple podcasts. As I find Grant Morrison confusing, these are somewhat helpful to make sense of them. I also found "How Did This Get Made" which is a podcast featuring Rafi and Andre from The League. They talk about really bad movies. They did one for Green Lantern, Superman III and Batman and Robin. I found them all to be pretty funny.

Any other good comic book podcasts? I tried to start listening to The Weekly Planet, but I didn't realy enjoy it. Their conversations didn't really go anywhere. It was basically an hour or more of them just joking around.
    Old 03-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #78
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I started listening to the Batman and Robin podcast, but I fell asleep. I thought some of those notes about "Schumacher did it first" were pretty funny. I did learn from this podcast that Gossip Gerty was Bob Kane's wife and that's why she's in Batman Returns, Forever and B&R. Didn't realize that. It really is funny to see how the Batman franchise went from Batman all the way to Batman and Robin. What a drastic difference. Commisioner Gordon is a joke in the last two. I did like Batman Forever though.

That would be pretty interesting if they got Keaton back to play an older Batman and get Tim Burton to direct Dark Knight Returns. That would be wicked cool to see them try that.

Speaking of podcasts, I've been looking for good Comic Book podcasts that aren't Fatman on Batman. Only so much Kevin Smith I can take. On my drive home from NH Monday I found a pretty decent Superman podcast. The New 52 Adventures of Superman talk all about the New 52 issues in detail. I really enjoyed the first couple podcasts. As I find Grant Morrison confusing, these are somewhat helpful to make sense of them. I also found "How Did This Get Made" which is a podcast featuring Rafi and Andre from The League. They talk about really bad movies. They did one for Green Lantern, Superman III and Batman and Robin. I found them all to be pretty funny.

Any other good comic book podcasts? I tried to start listening to The Weekly Planet, but I didn't realy enjoy it. Their conversations didn't really go anywhere. It was basically an hour or more of them just joking around.

I'd be super into seeing Michael Keaton star in a straight up Dark Knight Returns movie, but at this point no way in hell do I trust Tim Burton to be the one to lead it.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #79
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    I'd be super into seeing Michael Keaton star in a straight up Dark Knight Returns movie, but at this point no way in hell do I trust Tim Burton to be the one to lead it.
    It'll never happen anyway, especially with the new onslaught of DC movies heading our way. I really don't think we'll ever see a Dark Knight Returns movie in our lifetime. I think Dark Knight Rises, Dawn of Justice and the animated Dark Knight Returns is as close as we'll get. I'm cool with that. I like the idea of not having a movie completely based on the graphic novel, but takes elements from it and gives us more then a rehash of a story we already know.
    Old 03-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #80
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Batman's rumored connection to the Suicide Squad:

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-batman-connection/
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #81
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

The Lego Movie guys are working on the upcoming Flash movie!! Everything is awesome!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=118415
    Old 04-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #82
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Lord and Miller are great, Flash movie by them would be a must-see.
    Old 04-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #83
    fridge112887
    William Perry

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=118427

I feel like Marvel is very up front with their characters whereas DC cock-teases us like this. Even though the trailer for BvS is complete, and has been for some time now, we have to wait until mid May.
    Old 04-10-2015, 05:06 AM   #84
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I mean, I don't mind it. It makes it that much more exciting when something does leak. If we don't get a full shot of Leto as Joker before the film, it's going to be that much more satisfying when you finally do scratch that itch and see it in theaters. Marvel just throws everything out at you leaving very little intrigue. Like Vision, for example: they could have really teased that character and made his appearance much more mysterious. We got a small glimpse of him at the end of the trailer that came out last month, which was cool, but then they went ahead and released a full-scale look into the character on a new poster featuring all the heroes. Definitely not as satisfying as far as an intrigue level.

That's why I still think Marvel is aimed more toward kids. Their whole marketing strategy is the "look what we've released now, come see the movie!" I hope DC continues with not revealing as much as the movies approach so that the excitement is at a breaking point by the time the movie comes out. The slow-burn reward, not instant gratification, is what excites me for a movie.
    Old 04-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #85
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The Lego Movie guys are working on the upcoming Flash movie!! Everything is awesome!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=118415
    My hopes are high for The Flash. I have been wanting a Flash movie since the TV series ended after one season.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    I mean, I don't mind it. It makes it that much more exciting when something does leak. If we don't get a full shot of Leto as Joker before the film, it's going to be that much more satisfying when you finally do scratch that itch and see it in theaters. Marvel just throws everything out at you leaving very little intrigue. Like Vision, for example: they could have really teased that character and made his appearance much more mysterious. We got a small glimpse of him at the end of the trailer that came out last month, which was cool, but then they went ahead and released a full-scale look into the character on a new poster featuring all the heroes. Definitely not as satisfying as far as an intrigue level.

That's why I still think Marvel is aimed more toward kids. Their whole marketing strategy is the "look what we've released now, come see the movie!" I hope DC continues with not revealing as much as the movies approach so that the excitement is at a breaking point by the time the movie comes out. The slow-burn reward, not instant gratification, is what excites me for a movie.

As hard as it may be to wait, it really does pay off in the end.
    Old 04-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #86
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Working title for the Arrow/Flash spinoff is reportedly "The Atom", so it may focus on Brandon Routh's character more than the rest
    Old 04-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #87
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Working title for the Arrow/Flash spinoff is reportedly "The Atom", so it may focus on Brandon Routh's character more than the rest

I really dig his character, so I'm cool with that. Is this supposed to start airing next fall?
    Old 04-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #88
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I really dig his character, so I'm cool with that. Is this supposed to start airing next fall?
    I like his character too, it's really grown on me. I know a lot of people don't due to him not being too close to the comic character, but I think the revision of the character is working well on TV
    Old 04-10-2015, 09:24 AM   #89
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fridge112887 View Post
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=118427

I feel like Marvel is very up front with their characters whereas DC cock-teases us like this. Even though the trailer for BvS is complete, and has been for some time now, we have to wait until mid May.
    I don't know how accurate that is. Junkie XL just mentioned that they just finished doing the score for the trailer. So I don't think you are correct on that assumption. There were rumors that it was ready, but it doesn't seem like those were right.

http://batman-news.com/2015/04/03/ju...erman-trailer/
    Old 04-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #90
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

No idea what to believe, but this is out there right now. It's from Latino Review so 50/50 chance.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ba...s-more-details

According to our own El Mayimbe, director Zack Snyder will release five seconds from the teaser trailer of the film this coming Thursday at 9AM PST, just before the Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel at Star Wars Celebration. After that you will be able to sign up (link will be provided) and check out the full trailer on Monday April 20th at whatever theater is listed at the sign up. Basically something like what The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did a few years ago.

While talking to El Mayimbe over the phone I also found out that the trailer will now be attached to Avengers: Age of Ultron.