What would you want in the 25th Anniv. package of BTCS? - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #61
currupt3d**

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What would you want in the 20th Anniv. package of BTCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post

I guess there's not that many of us who appreciate an analog cut album
I can but my record player is a pos
currupt3d** is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #62
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Over 500 people voted in the poll I did several years ago about deluxe editions, nice to see that even in 2009 the #1 popular choice was CD+Blu-ray sets.

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=270359

Options were:

1) Blu-ray+CD Deluxe Edition reissues of each album featuring:

*Entire album remastered from the original master tapes presented in high resolution 24/96 5.1 multi-channel and 24/96 2.0 stereo PCM.
    *Each album's videos presented in high definition with newly remastered audio in high resolution 24/96 5.1 multi-channel and 24/96 2.0 stereo PCM.
    *Interviews from the relevant period in 1080p where elements allow, 480i otherwise
    *Live performances from the relevant period in 1080p where elements allow, 480i otherwise
    *B-sides and live cuts from the singles presented in high resolution 24/96 2.0 stereo PCM
    *New interviews about the album, time period, songs, etc. in 1080p high definition
    *CD "digital copy" of the newly remastered stereo tracks

2) DVD+CD Deluxe Edition reissues of each album featuring:

*Entire album remastered from the original master tapes presented in 24/48 5.1 Dolby Digital (lossy) and 24/48 2.0 stereo PCM.
    *Each album's videos presented in 480i standard definition with newly remastered audio presented in 24/48 5.1 Dolby Digital (lossy) and 24/48 2.0 stereo PCM.
    *Interviews from the relevant period in 480i
    *Live performances from the relevant period in 480i standard definition
    *B-sides and live cuts from the singles presented in 24/48 2.0 stereo PCM
    *New interviews about the album, time period, songs, etc. in 480i standard definition
    *CD "digital copy" of the newly remastered stereo tracks

3) 2CD Deluxe Edition reissues of each album featuring

*Entire album remastered from the original master tapes
    *2nd CD including B-sides and live cuts from the singles

4) Deluxe 180g 2LP vinyl reissues featuring:

*Entire album remastered (and cut) from the original master tapes presented over 4 sides of virgin 180g vinyl
    Any and all of these and a tour where they play the album all the way through.

I don't think that's much to ask, is it?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #63
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by currupt3d** View Post
    I can but my record player is a pos
    bingo. my lifestyle currently does not allow for me to actually sit and enjoy listening to a vinyl, nor does it make sense to upgrade my specs. so for me right now, i don't really care how the vinyl sounds.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #64
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ForkInFork View Post
    I didn't even think about this. Good god, imagine if they re-released this and then treated this next tour like a BTCS album tour. They never would, but man that would kick so much ass.
    yeah man, it would. Springsteen's River tour was something to see for sure, and I saw 2 other shows from him with full albums done in them. it's an awesome thing to be a part of.
    kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 07:49 AM   #65
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Here's what an ideal package would look like to me, and would please a large majority of fans

Option 1 - Before these Crowded Streets $35: New remaster from the original analog tapes, cut from tape, by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Pressed onto 2 LPs at Pallas. Includeds digital download card of the new remaster

Option 2 - 'After' these Crowded Streets $50: Includes Option 1 + 2 CD set featuring the best live performances of each of the studio tracks on the first disc and studio demos/alternative mixes/outtakes on the second disc. Includes MacHead, #40, an alternate take of Pig, among others

Option 3 - 'Surrounded by' these Crowded Streets $40: 2 disc Blu-ray set featuring a newly remastered and re-imagined album remastered from the original master tapes presented in high resolution 24/96 5.1 multi-channel and 24/96 2.0 stereo PCM. Disc 1 contains the album as described in the previous sentence, each music video presented in high definition with newly remastered audio in high resolution 24/96 5.1 multi-channel and 24/96 2.0 stereo PCM, and relevant interviews and studio insights presented at the highest quality allowed from the source. Disc 2 is the band's performance from 11.21.1998 at The Crown in Cincinnati, OH

Option 4 - 'Immersed in' these Crowded Streets $200: Immersion box set containing Option 2 (2LP + 2CD bonus material) and Option 3. Box set includes a 24-page lyric book + photos in a hard-cover case, a hi-resolution poster of the album's signature cover, and a replica of the ticket for the 11.21.98. Each box set is foil stamped and numbered, limited to 2,500.

Then you have T-Shirts, Throw Blankets, etc sold separately.

I'd buy Option 4 in a heartbeat as well as a throw blanket; no hesitation.

I doubt we'd ever see something like this, but a man can dream!

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!

Last edited by BTBaboon; 08-01-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 07:54 AM   #66
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Here's what an ideal package would look like to me, and would please a large majority of fans

Option 1 - Before these Crowded Streets $35: New remaster from the original analog tapes, cut from tape, by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Pressed onto 2 LPs at Pallas. Includeds digital download card of the new remaster

Option 2 - 'After' these Crowded Streets $50: Includes Option 1 + 2 CD set featuring the best live performances of each of the studio tracks on the first disc and studio demos/alternative mixes/outtakes on the second disc. Includes MacHead, #40, an alternate take of Pig, among others

Option 3 - 'Surrounded by' these Crowded Streets $40: 2 disc Blu-ray set featuring a newly remastered and re-imagined album remastered from the original master tapes presented in high resolution 24/96 5.1 multi-channel and 24/96 2.0 stereo PCM. Disc 1 contains the album as described in the previous sentence, each music video presented in high definition with newly remastered audio in high resolution 24/96 5.1 multi-channel and 24/96 2.0 stereo PCM, and relevant interviews and studio insights presented at the highest quality allowed from the source. Disc 2 is the band's performance from 11.21.1998 at The Crown in Cincinnati, OH

Option 4 - 'Immersed in' these Crowded Streets $200: Immersion box set containing Option 2 (2LP + 2CD bonus material and Option 3. Box set includes a 24-page lyric book + photos in a hard-cover case, a hi-resolution poster of the albums signature cover, and a replica of the ticket for the 11.21.98. Each box set is foil stamped and numbered, limited to 2,500.

have you seen the new David Gimour Live set, since you're a pink floyd fan I believe? I saw that tour, it was great.
    Old 08-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #67
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
    have you seen the new David Gimour Live set, since you're a pink floyd fan I believe? I saw that tour, it was great.
    I have. I'm probably just going with the Blu-ray. Haven't seen much info on the vinyl mastering, but I have a feeling it's probably the same as the CD master - nothing to confirm that, but just a gut feel

Old 08-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #68
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have. I'm probably just going with the Blu-ray. Haven't seen much info on the vinyl mastering, but I have a feeling it's probably the same as the CD master - nothing to confirm that, but just a gut feel
    yeah I hear ya. the cd is the main thing for me, but I'll go with the box set to get the blu-ray, and to add with the others.
    Old 08-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #69
    Chriscolebu19

Shows Seen: 59

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Option 4 - 'Immersed in' these Crowded Streets $200: Immersion box set containing Option 2 (2LP + 2CD bonus material) and Option 3. Box set includes a 24-page lyric book + photos in a hard-cover case, a hi-resolution poster of the album's signature cover, and a replica of the ticket for the 11.21.98. Each box set is foil stamped and numbered, limited to 2,500.

Would buy Option 4 in a heartbeat (intro, haha)!
    Chriscolebu19 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #70
    alec

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
    <div class="pre-quote">
    Quote de <strong>BrettG19DMBFan</strong>
    </div>

<div class="post-quote">
    <div style="font-style:italic">1. an actual piece of asphalt from the crowded streets<br>
    <br>
    2. wood from the dead dreaming tree</div>
    </div>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->3. an actual stone<br>
    <br>
    4. an actual spoon
    5. A glass of bloody water

6. An actual pig

+ Any songs they worked on but did not make the album, and the songs that didn't make Crash since they forgot to include those in its reissue.
    alec is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #71
    ForkInFork

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chriscolebu19 View Post
    Would buy Option 4 in a heartbeat (intro, haha)!
    I agree. I wouldn't be able to type in my CC info fast enough.
    ForkInFork is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #72
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ForkInFork View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't be able to type in my CC info fast enough.
    If there wasn't a limit, I'd buy 2 instantly. Not to flip or anything, but I assume I'd play the hell out of it and would want a back up copy for when it was played to death

Old 08-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #73
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Just give me an all-analog remastered and cut version of the original album just like they did with Crash and I'll be one happy camper. Wouldn't hate it if they wanted to make it a 45 RPM set...

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #74
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Just give me an all-analog remastered and cut version of the original album just like they did with Crash and I'll be one happy camper. Wouldn't hate it if they wanted to make it a 45 RPM set...
    I'm with you. Yes, ideally I'd love the set/options I posted above, but as long as we vinyl loving folk get an all analog cut record I'll be content

Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #75
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'm all for this. Is Option 3 priced how you wanted it? $40 seems low.
    Old 08-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #76
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Would be hot if they gave us an exclusive Spring '98 show on CD and download in the box set with high dynamic analog cut vinyl.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #77
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    I'm all for this. Is Option 3 priced how you wanted it? $40 seems low.
    It's what I think would be fair. I think in general the current going rate for a Blu-ray pure audio disc album is ~$30. A live Blu-ray show is ~$20 (The Gilmour Pompeii show is $27 on Amazon). So maybe closer to $50, but given that the 98 show would probably be similar in video quality to LT40, I think a couple bucks off would be reasonable

Old 08-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #78
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm with you. Yes, ideally I'd love the set/options I posted above, but as long as we vinyl loving folk get an all analog cut record I'll be content
    Oh yeah, all of that stuff would be really cool for sure and I'd probably get a package, but if it was just a straight AAA vinyl like Crash was that'd be fine with me. The only thing I'd really change is to make the download actually be of the remastered version rather than the old one. So weird that Crash and RR didn't do that.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #79
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Oh yeah, all of that stuff would be really cool for sure and I'd probably get a package, but if it was just a straight AAA vinyl like Crash was that'd be fine with me. The only thing I'd really change is to make the download actually be of the remastered version rather than the old one. So weird that Crash and RR didn't do that.
    I don't think any of the remastered vinyl release download codes have been for the new masters

Old 08-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #80
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's what I think would be fair. I think in general the current going rate for a Blu-ray pure audio disc album is ~$30. A live Blu-ray show is ~$20 (The Gilmour Pompeii show is $27 on Amazon). So maybe closer to $50, but given that the 98 show would probably be similar in video quality to LT40, I think a couple bucks off would be reasonable
    It's lower than option 2. That is what caught my eye.
    Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #81
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    It's lower than option 2. That is what caught my eye.
    But Option 2 is a bonus CD + Option 1 (2LP vinyl @ $35). Option 3 doesn't have vinyl

Old 08-01-2017, 11:17 AM   #82
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    But Option 2 is a bonus CD + Option 1 (2LP vinyl @ $35). Option 3 doesn't have vinyl
    Didn't catch that. Price makes total sense.
    Old 08-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #83
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    Any and all of these and a tour where they play the album all the way through.

I don't think that's much to ask, is it?
    I vote down the bolded.

Maybe it's selfish because I've seen all of the songs from it, but I love the element of surprise at DMB shows and don't wanna see them mess with that.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #84
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    I vote down the bolded.

Maybe it's selfish because I've seen all of the songs from it, but I love the element of surprise at DMB shows and don't wanna see them mess with that.
    How about 2 sets? 1 set BTCS (with the commercials btw), 1 set randoms?

That's the way I envision it anyway.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #85
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

I've mentioned it before, but I think it'd be cool if they did a promotion with any pre-order...if X amount of people preorder, we'll throw in 2 bonus live cuts of something from any era. If X+Y amount of people preorder, we'll throw in 2+2 bonus live cuts...a tiered pre-order system so to speak
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #86
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    How about 2 sets? 1 set BTCS (with the commercials btw), 1 set randoms?

That's the way I envision it anyway.
    I'll have to be talked into this.

Maybe with a promise that they don't play it in order in the BTCS set.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #87
    bustedstuff77
    Could I have been...

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Get In Line - studio and any other studio b-sides. There is already tons of live material and I'd like to hear what Lillywhite would have done with some of the tracks in the studio we never heard other than live
    bustedstuff77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #88
    misschung

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Some type of video from the recording sessions, if it existed. Beyond the one that's already been released.
    Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #89
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Bumping this, as we're just a few days from being 6 months out from the 20th anniversary.

Anyone starting to hear rumors/rumblings of what a package may look like? Anything else not mentioned here that people would want to see?

Old 10-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #90
    Treydmb17

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Just a good quality press taken from the original recordings. None of this repeating the digital garbage, which is basically just a big CD that can collect dust in the grooves.
    Treydmb17 is offline   Reply With Quote