**Official Tampa/West Palm Swing 2019 Thread** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #31
rhizingbines

Shows Seen: 20

Re: **Official Tampa/West Palm Swing 2019 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge1 View Post
I’m 18 year WH member..going for pit Saturday night. I’ll be more than happy to trade if you have decent lowers.
That’d be awesome! I’ll check back with you after confirmations.
rhizingbines is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-29-2019, 01:53 AM   #32
    surferbrad87

Shows Seen: 15

Request is in for 2 regular pit/reserves for N1 then I have hospitality tickets and passes for N2. Good luck everyone!!!
    surferbrad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #33
    Prezzy

Shows Seen: 16

Had pit night 1 last year in WPB. I've never sweated like that in my life, and I'm from Florida. I don't usually sweat much even when running. I looked like I had jumped in a pool it was insane.
    Old 01-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #34
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 27

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prezzy View Post
    Had pit night 1 last year in WPB. I've never sweated like that in my life, and I'm from Florida. I don't usually sweat much even when running. I looked like I had jumped in a pool it was insane.
    Didn't do pit last year in Tampa for the first time in a few years and it was noticeably more comfortable (cooler) during the show. It might have not been as brutally hot that evening compared to years past too, but it was the first time I didn't have to consciously hydrate and wasn't drenched in sweat throughout the night in awhile there.

Last edited by Antiramie; 01-29-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #35
    rhizingbines

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    Didn't do pit last year in Tampa for the first time in a few years and it was noticeably more comfortable (cooler) during the show. It might have not been as brutally hot that evening compared to years past too, but it was the first time I didn't have to consciously hydrate and wasn't drenched in sweat throughout the night in awhile there.
    Tampa last year was my first time in pit. It was cool to be so close to the band but otherwise it was a major hassle.

We were a few rows back from the rail and the people in front of us were just super arrogant and kept having friends come up before the show started. My friend I was with left at one point to take a piss and get us beers but the people behind us wouldn’t let him go back to where we were standing. Kept yelling stuff like “nice try asshole” as if he was trying to sneak up there.

Then there was the drunk bro next to me who was stumbling around and knocked a lady out of her wheelchair (why a lady in a wheelchair was in pit idk) onto the floor and then took her wheelchair and got ON TOP of it and started dancing.

And then there were the usual “super fan” bros who just complained about every song choice and stood there motionless during the songs.

Still trying to decide if being so close is worth that hassle.
    Old 01-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #36
    Prezzy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhizingbines View Post
    Tampa last year was my first time in pit. It was cool to be so close to the band but otherwise it was a major hassle.

We were a few rows back from the rail and the people in front of us were just super arrogant and kept having friends come up before the show started. My friend I was with left at one point to take a piss and get us beers but the people behind us wouldn’t let him go back to where we were standing. Kept yelling stuff like “nice try asshole” as if he was trying to sneak up there.

Then there was the drunk bro next to me who was stumbling around and knocked a lady out of her wheelchair (why a lady in a wheelchair was in pit idk) onto the floor and then took her wheelchair and got ON TOP of it and started dancing.

And then there were the usual “super fan” bros who just complained about every song choice and stood there motionless during the songs.

Wow I didn't see any of that stuff. Dancing on a ladies wheelchair while she was on the ground?? Honestly Tampa is the most chill pit I've ever been in. But I usually hang out towards the back and let the crazies worry about being 6 inches away from Dave.
    Old 01-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #37
    joeyray34

Shows Seen: 69

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhizingbines View Post

experiences like this are the main reason i just hang in the bank of the pit and come and go for drinks, bathroom, as necessary. its not worth this kind of hassle to be 10 feet closer. never have an issue in the very back and usually still a good view. may be worse for shorter people potentially? im no giant or anything but have never had any viewing issues.
    joeyray34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2019, 05:14 PM   #38
    rhizingbines

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prezzy View Post
    Wow I didn't see any of that stuff. Dancing on a ladies wheelchair while she was on the ground?? Honestly Tampa is the most chill pit I've ever been in. But I usually hang out towards the back and let the crazies worry about being 6 inches away from Dave.
    Yeah. Towards the end of the show, the guy worked his way up towards the front and was belligerent. Was dancing like a moron and slammed right into the wheelchair which threw the lady to the ground at my feet. Drunk dude didn’t know what happened and saw an empty wheelchair and stood on it to dance. People started bitching at him so he sat down... in the wheelchair. Meanwhile, me and another guy are holding this lady who clearly can’t use her legs waiting for him to get out of the chair. Finally someone had to dump him out of the chair.
    Old 01-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #39
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 128

My take on Pit; it's Rail or bust. On the rail you're not interrupted by any/all the shenanigans behind you in the pit. Did rail for both MSG shows and they were amazing; audio was great (I assume coming out of the little speakers running along the front edge of the stage); it's almost as if you're hearing the music right off of their instruments and right out of their mouths directly (I'm sure that's not what's happening ). So if I think I have the time to put in for rail, I'll do it. If not, might has well go for great lower reserves instead. However, the fall pits were great, not crowded at all like summer amp pits, so back of pit was really fine for the arena shows with 1/3 pits.
    Old 01-29-2019, 10:39 PM   #40
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 27

Yea anytime I've been in the pit in Tampa we just stayed near the back. Never had an issue.

It's cool being that close but the sound isn't as great compared to some of the better reserved sections IMO. My g/f also doesn't like not having a seat if she gets tired of standing. So we did reserved last year and prob will again this tour.

Last edited by Antiramie; 01-29-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #41
    Moose Thompson
    Monkey Belly

Shows Seen: 30

Tampa pit is really big and has a nice upward slant, so the back has great sight lines and sound. I've done rail and the back. Rail was awesome, but I wouldn't spend a full day waiting in line for it again.

West Palm I definitely agree rail or bust. My one time in West Palm pit was rail right in front of Fonz. Only left one time, but had made friends with the people around us so getting back wasn't too difficult.

If you're leaving mid show try to make eye contact with as many people as possible on the way out so they recognize you when you're coming back.
    Moose Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #42
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 30

Back of the pit in places like Tampa and Bristow where they have the huge pits is just fantastic. Great sound, the sightlines are awesome. You can roll right in 3 mins before DMB and be in a perfect spot.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2019, 09:02 AM   #43
    littlest_viking

Shows Seen: 21

Hit up Tampa last year and was pretty pleased. The pit was nice. I was in the middle in the center & had no issues. Booked a hotel across the street & walked in 10 minutes before the show. Coming back again this year.

WPB is a normal show. You'll appreciate those covered seats if it rains. Oh if you hold up an umbrella over your girlfriend blocking the view of us behind you, we will politely roast you.
    Old 02-01-2019, 12:41 PM   #44
    IanJHickey

Shows Seen: 18

This is probably a stupid question but what are the beaches like in west palm? Very packed? My wife and I were supposed to go to a resort down south next month but are now unable to. We are going to the west palm concerts and I’m thinking about getting a place close to the beach and spending a few extra days there.
    Old 02-01-2019, 08:56 PM   #45
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IanJHickey View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but what are the beaches like in west palm? Very packed? My wife and I were supposed to go to a resort down south next month but are now unable to. We are going to the west palm concerts and I’m thinking about getting a place close to the beach and spending a few extra days there.
    Beaches are nice...not very packed in the middle of summer. It’s way too hot out. 93 degrees with 85% humidity, guaranteed a thunderstorm. You might want to reconsider the beach...but hey you might enjoy that.
    At the time I didn't think I did.
    I believe now that I do, however... but I don't care.
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #46
    rhizingbines

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IanJHickey View Post
    Not very packed and pretty nice. The beaches in the Palm Beach area are quieter than Ft Lauderdale, South Beach, etc. As someone else said, you’ll get hit with some showers at some point but that’s pretty much a year round issue in Florida. You’ll be fine.

I’d also look into some of the resort pools. Many of them, Breakers included, are surprisingly easily-accessible by the public as long as you don’t do anything dumb. Some also sell day passes.
    Old 02-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #47
    FlaFan09

Shows Seen: 28

I will be a lawn jockey both nights. Isn't WH lawn above section 5? its been awhile since I've been in the lawn at WP.
    FlaFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #48
    FlaFan09

Shows Seen: 28

Charges Pending for WPB request.
    FlaFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-12-2019, 10:24 PM   #49
    surferbrad87

Pending charges for n1 wpb. looks like 2nd tier price level though....
    Old 02-13-2019, 06:48 AM   #50
    rhizingbines

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlaFan09 View Post
    I will be a lawn jockey both nights. Isn't WH lawn above section 5? its been awhile since I've been in the lawn at WP.
    Not sure about the section it’s above but it’s front and center. Filled up very quickly last year.
    Old 02-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #51
    Mr Mojo Risin

Shows Seen: 24

Warehouse member 11 years. Put in for pit/lowers both nights with opt out of lawn. Hard charges on my card for uppers both nights. Pulled good lowers last year for Sat. Night. Luck of the draw. Just glad I don’t have to deal with Ticketmaster.
    Mr Mojo Risin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2019, 04:53 PM   #52
    Prezzy

How'd everyone make out? Got pits for Tampa and "lowers" N2 and uppers N1 for WPB...... In other words ISO pits or lowers for N1!
    Old 02-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #53
    joeyray34

Shows Seen: 69

pit for tampa, lawn for wpb n1, declined n2
    joeyray34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #54
    dannym715

Shows Seen: 56

Warehouse 17 year member

Put in for lowers both night (no pit)
    N1 - confirmed for 115
    N2 - confirmed for lawn ( forgot to click )
    —————-
    Selling my night 2 lawn for face plus fees

Last edited by dannym715; 02-15-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    dannym715 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #55
    littlest_viking

Shows Seen: 21

Wow. I got shafted hard! Member since 2008, confirmed pit for Tampa. Declined both nights for West Palm. This has never happened...
    Old 02-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #56
    Mr Mojo Risin

Shows Seen: 24

Warehouse member 11 years. Requested pit opt out lawn both nights WPB. Pulled uppers both nights. In 11 years I’ve only gotten lowers to 3 shows, and never pit. Pretty much use the Warehouse for convenience. Just happy I got seats and don’t have to deal with Ticketmaster. Looking forward to a great weekend!
    Mr Mojo Risin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #57
    surferbrad87

Put in for pit/lowers for N1, got price level 2 uppers for N1. Have other tickets already for N2. May be looking for pit/lower n1
    Old 02-18-2019, 08:47 PM   #58
    surferbrad87

Got sec 8 row w for n1. Gonna try Citi presale tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
    Old 02-19-2019, 08:13 AM   #59
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 157
    Send a message via AIM to UCFish

Put in for pit for all....uppers for Tampa, Lowers (questionable about location for WPB N1) and declined N2.
    UCFish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 AM   #60
    watchunoboutdat
    call me tater salad

Shows Seen: 29

is it true uppers in tampa is general admission?
    Hunger for the great light explains my relationship with mistreatedlewis's mom
    watchunoboutdat is offline   Reply With Quote