Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019 - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2018, 04:43 AM   #61
lenn
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, CANADA
Posts: 262

Shows Seen: 77
Send a message via ICQ to lenn

Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

The music venue is a fenced-off location on the South beach edge of the Barcelo property. None of the Barcelo property is affected by it.

The stage view is mostly blocked from outside, using a fence that extends across the beach and into the ocean.
Your friends would probably be able to hear the show outside, although the sound quality might not be great at that distance.
__________________
"I love you oh so well
Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow"
lenn is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-15-2018, 07:10 AM   #62
    tubaguy1145
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Location: Detroit, MI
    Posts: 259

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eliza27 View Post
    How do they separate the stage from the standard customers staying at the resort? We are planning our trip with another couple. Only 2 of 4 will buy D & T package and the other 2 are booking directly through hotel. Will we all be able to spend time together in pools, see the pool shows, etc., or is that part of the resort completely blocked off for the 3 days? Will they be able to see or hear from a distance?
    The entire resort is accessible to all guests (except the Palace which is a premium area), including pools and the pool shows. The concert venue is on a small strip of beach at the edge of the resort, D&T guests have a wristband that allows access to this area. Guests without tickets wonít be able to see the show, but can hear it from a distance pretty well. I talked with a resort guest in 2017 who listened to all three shows from a beach chair outside the venue and was perfectly happy with the sound.

    Barcelo is much cheaper without the D&T package, five nights are regularly 1200-1500 all-inclusive, and there are early booking offers that can make it even cheaper. CID provides a great experience, but you definitely pay a lot for it.

    Another cost saving pro-tip: many of the excursions can be done on your own for much cheaper than the CID price. Xel-ha and Rio Secreto in particular can be reached by cab and are much cheaper than booking through CID or the resort. You miss out on doing these things with a D&T crowd (Dave himself did Rio Secreto in 2017 although Iím not sure that was with the CID group), but save money and avoid crowds. Let the resort call your cab for safety reasons.
    __________________
    2019: D&T Riviera Maya, Riverbend, DTE
    tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #63
    CAM41
     
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Location: Chicagoland
    Posts: 49

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Hi, any info on how quickly certain packages sell out? Does Barcelo sell out first? Iím curious about the four nights there since those packages are limited, and weíd only be able to travel thurs-mon. Iíd be the second wave of WH members buying if I pulled the trigger..
    CAM41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #64
    tubaguy1145
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Location: Detroit, MI
    Posts: 259

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    In 2017 the premium rooms at Barcelo with hot tubs and swim-outs sold out immediately, but the regular rooms were available for quite a while (as in days, maybe weeks) after. It looks like four day packages are only available for regular rooms, so you shouldn’t need to rush if demand is similar this year. Also, at least with the premium rooms, they sold out immediately but then periodically new blocks of rooms were released over the following weeks and months, so if you miss out at the start of the sale keep checking back every few days.
    __________________
    2019: D&T Riviera Maya, Riverbend, DTE
    tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2018, 08:31 PM   #65
    Lewis1065
    Registered User
     
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    What is the approximate number of people at the shows?
    Lewis1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #66
    Lewis1065
    Registered User
     
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    How big is the crowd?
    Lewis1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2018, 08:41 PM   #67
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lewis1065 View Post
    How big is the crowd?


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lewis1065 View Post
    What is the approximate number of people at the shows?


    No official numbers but rumors that CID staff had told people onsite 4500-6000

    Supposedly it was closer to 6k year one but smaller last year.

    It feels pretty intimate
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #68
    billycuth
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Planning to take my wife on a second anniversary trip. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. I am a 2010 member, so I can't make a request until tomorrow. Leave a room for us please!

    And yes, the $4,700-$5,600 pre-flight/passport price is high. Very high. But we think it's gonna be worth it!
    billycuth is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 02:06 PM   #69
    bdrum999
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Posts: 47

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Having infinite struggles booking my trip today. Wondering if anyone can help. Long story short. Went to purchase package Citi Card declined it thinking it might be fraud. I went on the credit card site and said it was not fraud. They said cool try it again now. Well - whoever this package is run through now has marked my access code as fraud so I can't get it to go through. Their horrible customer support says they have to send it through to their fraud customer support dept and make me a trusted buyer again which takes at least 72 hours.

    My question is can I just use someone else's warehouse access code that isn't going to speed this up?
    bdrum999 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #70
    billycuth
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    My understanding was codes used but transactions not completed would result in a 15 minute time-out for the code, but that it would eventually be refreshed and usable.

    However, if CID marked your code as "fraudulent" I have no idea.

    I also have no idea if you could use someone else's code. I have to wait until tomorrow.
    billycuth is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #71
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    You can use someone elseís code. Friends have been doing it all day.
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #72
    bdrum999
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Posts: 47

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by billycuth View Post
    My understanding was codes used but transactions not completed would result in a 15 minute time-out for the code, but that it would eventually be refreshed and usable.

    However, if CID marked your code as "fraudulent" I have no idea.

    I also have no idea if you could use someone else's code. I have to wait until tomorrow.
    Yeah still won't work. Anybody got a code I could try?
    bdrum999 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #73
    bdrum999
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Posts: 47

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    You can use someone elseís code. Friends have been doing it all day.
    You got one I could use?
    bdrum999 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #74
    NiCK Crush
     
    NiCK Crush's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 1,684

    Shows Seen: 106
    Send a message via AIM to NiCK Crush

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Looks like I'm going this year.
    __________________
    NC
    NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 06:03 PM   #75
    CAM41
     
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Location: Chicagoland
    Posts: 49

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tubaguy1145 View Post
    In 2017 the premium rooms at Barcelo with hot tubs and swim-outs sold out immediately, but the regular rooms were available for quite a while (as in days, maybe weeks) after. It looks like four day packages are only available for regular rooms, so you shouldnít need to rush if demand is similar this year. Also, at least with the premium rooms, they sold out immediately but then periodically new blocks of rooms were released over the following weeks and months, so if you miss out at the start of the sale keep checking back every few days.
    Thank you, this is super helpful. And way to go to all the Dave baller fans for booking those $$$ rooms right away. Iím almost happy itís not an option for me. It would be tempting to book something in a nicer category but as it stands, Iím limited to the cheaper option. I wonder if anyone has ever upgraded once they arrived. I would think not with this being a third party booking.

    Bdrum, good luck. I hope someone can help. We only have one membership in our house..
    CAM41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #76
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdrum999 View Post
    You got one I could use?


    I should have one for tomorrow maybe?
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #77
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
    Looks like I'm going this year.


    Congrats, youíll love it.

    Which resort?
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #78
    bdrum999
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Posts: 47

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdrum999 View Post
    Having infinite struggles booking my trip today. Wondering if anyone can help. Long story short. Went to purchase package Citi Card declined it thinking it might be fraud. I went on the credit card site and said it was not fraud. They said cool try it again now. Well - whoever this package is run through now has marked my access code as fraud so I can't get it to go through. Their horrible customer support says they have to send it through to their fraud customer support dept and make me a trusted buyer again which takes at least 72 hours.

    My question is can I just use someone else's warehouse access code that isn't going to speed this up?
    Still no solution. Amazing how difficult it is to give someone $4700. The amount of time I've spent with their customer support and trying to get the clueless warehouse to do anything is beyond reason. I think I'm just going to have to pass on this based on principle. Bummed. Been wanting to do this for a couple years now.
    bdrum999 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #79
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdrum999 View Post
    Still no solution. Amazing how difficult it is to give someone $4700. The amount of time I've spent with their customer support and trying to get the clueless warehouse to do anything is beyond reason. I think I'm just going to have to pass on this based on principle. Bummed. Been wanting to do this for a couple years now.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I have a code if you want to try this morning.
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #80
    billycuth
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    I am shocked no one is helping. I've not had to contact the warehouse much over the years, but every time I have, the CS reps have been top shelf. Shame you've decided to miss the show over it, but I get it.

    Meanwhile I am waiting for a credit card to show up in the mail so that I can book the trip. There's a real possibility I am going to miss out now that it's on public sale. The promo on this card is too good to pass up to just book it with another card. So annoying that they can't charge one card to hold the reservation and then switch the charge to the new card, but they won't do it.
    billycuth is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #81
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by billycuth View Post
    I am shocked no one is helping. I've not had to contact the warehouse much over the years, but every time I have, the CS reps have been top shelf. Shame you've decided to miss the show over it, but I get it.

    Meanwhile I am waiting for a credit card to show up in the mail so that I can book the trip. There's a real possibility I am going to miss out now that it's on public sale. The promo on this card is too good to pass up to just book it with another card. So annoying that they can't charge one card to hold the reservation and then switch the charge to the new card, but they won't do it.
    What resort or room type are you looking at?

    I suspect the standard rooms will be available for some time. We are doing the same thing - waiting for a new credit card to take advantage of the promo...
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 03:02 PM   #82
    snake911
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Posts: 1,133

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    I wish I could justify spending the money on this, it looks like an incredible weekend. But all inclusive (I dont drink alcohol) is just a colossal waste of money. If only resorts would do cruise ship pricing i.e. one price for room and food plus iced tea/coffee, then add on drink packages. Oh well.
    __________________
    managingtheghosts.org
    snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #83
    billycuth
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    What resort or room type are you looking at?

    I suspect the standard rooms will be available for some time. We are doing the same thing - waiting for a new credit card to take advantage of the promo...
    Superior room at the Mayo. Basically the cheapest option for a couple... haha

    I just did the Gorge for the first time last month.

    I absolutely love D&T shows (saw them at the Mann last year in Philly). I really hope we can make this.

    Last edited by billycuth; 09-21-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    billycuth is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #84
    billycuth
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snake911 View Post
    I wish I could justify spending the money on this, it looks like an incredible weekend. But all inclusive (I dont drink alcohol) is just a colossal waste of money. If only resorts would do cruise ship pricing i.e. one price for room and food plus iced tea/coffee, then add on drink packages. Oh well.
    I agree with your premise. This is definitely overpriced. But I am splurging because my wife and I haven't been on a kidless trip in over 10 years, and it's got plenty for both of us to be completely happy (and kid free).
    billycuth is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 05:05 PM   #85
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by billycuth View Post
    Superior room at the Mayo. Basically the cheapest option for a couple... haha

    I just did the Gorge for the first time last month.

    I absolutely love D&T shows (saw them at the Mann last year in Philly). I really hope we can make this.
    Last year you could get the basic rooms at Maya up until like a week or two before.

    Thats what we are doing and I'm holding off on booking for now.

    They seriously have like 2,000 rooms at that hotel... CID doesn't get all of them, but a decent chunk.
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #86
    billycuth
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Posts: 46

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    Last year you could get the basic rooms at Maya up until like a week or two before.

    Thats what we are doing and I'm holding off on booking for now.

    They seriously have like 2,000 rooms at that hotel... CID doesn't get all of them, but a decent chunk.
    Good to know. Thanks. Based on this thread, I know you know what you're talking about.

    billycuth is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #87
    illinifan
     
    Join Date: May 2014
    Posts: 536

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Boom we're going. I canceled my WH years ago. If I subscribe again, will they recognize that for early entry after purchase?
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #88
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by billycuth View Post
    Good to know. Thanks. Based on this thread, I know you know what you're talking about.





    I mean thereís no guarantees, but Iím thinking basic rooms will be available for at least the next month or two.... the only reason I could see this selling more than this year (last trip) is because the dates are better (feb/Presidentsí Day weekend vs 2nd weekend in Jan/close to the holidays). That may play a factor. However we also had more of a tour leading up to this trip, plus a fall tour, and rumors of Europe next year......
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 11:29 PM   #89
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan
     
    MidwestGirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: Clarkston, MI
    Posts: 9,471

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    Boom we're going. I canceled my WH years ago. If I subscribe again, will they recognize that for early entry after purchase?


    Congrats!

    I think you only get early entry if you purchased with a warehouse code during the pre-sale but Iím not sure to be honest. Unless youíre looking to get rail or really close Iím not sure early entry is much of a benefit anyways.
    __________________
    Cheryl

    2019: Dave & Tim Riviera Maya - Mexico

    "The future is no place to place your better days"


    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2018, 11:52 PM   #90
    CAM41
     
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Location: Chicagoland
    Posts: 49

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by billycuth View Post
    Good to know. Thanks. Based on this thread, I know you know what you're talking about.

    Agreed, thank you Cheryl!


    Cheryl and billy- did you guys call and ask the credit card bank to expedite the card? I play the points game all the time and have often been in your spot! The big banks will definitely expedite just by calling, theyíre happy to.

    billy, the fine print says if you do the payment plan you can switch cards. So you can put your first payment on a card you have and the rest on your new card when it gets here. Itís an extra $50 but if it works for you...

    Iím booked at Maya also Is it too far away for a countdown?

    Carly
    CAM41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter