Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10 - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > DMB Past Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #61
javierm27
 
javierm27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
Posts: 11,227

Shows Seen: 15
Send a message via AIM to javierm27

Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkgiraffe View Post
anyone know how much tickets are?
On the Warehouse they have them at $75, there is only reserved available to request.
javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-15-2009, 04:46 AM   #62
    cswright
    Willy the Polar Bear
     
    cswright's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 1,734

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    why isnt this thread moving more? im really excited. i swung by the greek yesterday, cant wait for these shows. im wondering if i should buy (probably not good seats) tickets from ticketmaster on the release date for this show due to high demand, or should I not buy them and wait and see if someone here can sell me some or buy them secondhand elsewhere? any thoughts?
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AntzDigger7 View Post
    u guys who insist that song is not sister are dumb. do u not know about the bonus disk or what? its obviously sister. theres no way that song is going to be called my baby blue. dave loves sister and its not like hes gonna take the same musical components and put it in a completely different song
    cswright is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #63
    kiwinick
     
    kiwinick's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Sydney Australia and Tauranga New Zealand
    Posts: 659

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    I requested two tickets for both nights. If I am lucky and get to go to one of the nights I will have a spare.

    Need to know how to get from Santa Monica where I will be staying to the venue. Anybody got any ideas? I don't want to hire a car and drive through LA.
    kiwinick is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #64
    cswright
    Willy the Polar Bear
     
    cswright's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 1,734

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwinick View Post
    I requested two tickets for both nights. If I am lucky and get to go to one of the nights I will have a spare.

    Need to know how to get from Santa Monica where I will be staying to the venue. Anybody got any ideas? I don't want to hire a car and drive through LA.
    i will gladly buy your spare. i'll be so grateful that i will give you a ride to and from the venue if you like and ill throw in a beer as well
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AntzDigger7 View Post
    u guys who insist that song is not sister are dumb. do u not know about the bonus disk or what? its obviously sister. theres no way that song is going to be called my baby blue. dave loves sister and its not like hes gonna take the same musical components and put it in a completely different song
    cswright is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #65
    Bbynrse
    RIP roi
     
    Bbynrse's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: back in the field
    Posts: 5,303

    Shows Seen: 69

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    i'm totally stoked for the greek!!!! just busy busy busy with life and working 2 jobs so no time to chat on ants.......think i've checked my CC 3 or 4 times since i put in requests even thou i know nothing will be on it yet! LOL
    __________________
    Meegan (that's pronounced 'Meeeee-gan')
    Bbynrse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #66
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 15
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Man, I still cant get over this. Looking forward to seeing what they play at the Greek. N1 and N2 at the Hollywood Bowl in 07 had an awesome set list. Hoping to go to both shows, cant wait.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #67
    shutupi'mthking
    Go Dodgers!
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 453

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bbynrse View Post
    i'm totally stoked for the greek!!!! just busy busy busy with life and working 2 jobs so no time to chat on ants.......think i've checked my CC 3 or 4 times since i put in requests even thou i know nothing will be on it yet! LOL
    Will be so fun Meegan!!! I still can't believe my luck on this on
    shutupi'mthking is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #68
    cswright
    Willy the Polar Bear
     
    cswright's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 1,734

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    Man, I still cant get over this. Looking forward to seeing what they play at the Greek. N1 and N2 at the Hollywood Bowl in 07 had an awesome set list. Hoping to go to both shows, cant wait.
    well those were tour closers. still i think we'll get two good shows
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AntzDigger7 View Post
    u guys who insist that song is not sister are dumb. do u not know about the bonus disk or what? its obviously sister. theres no way that song is going to be called my baby blue. dave loves sister and its not like hes gonna take the same musical components and put it in a completely different song
    cswright is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #69
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!
     
    neumdogg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 33,681

    Shows Seen: 61
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Well im fucking retarded. I thought that the deadline to request was Wednesday.


    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #70
    wnderwoman
     
    wnderwoman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Posts: 26,454

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Does that mean you didn't get your request in?
    wnderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #71
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!
     
    neumdogg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 33,681

    Shows Seen: 61
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    Does that mean you didn't get your request in?
    Correct. I may cry a little.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #72
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!
     
    neumdogg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 33,681

    Shows Seen: 61
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Fml!

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #73
    thebestauntie
    My love
     
    thebestauntie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: HOME!!!
    Posts: 71,729

    Shows Seen: 13
    Send a message via AIM to thebestauntie Send a message via Yahoo to thebestauntie

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Fml!

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I so want to go to these shows just so I can NOT meet you.
    __________________
    Laurie-Ann (LA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #74
    wnderwoman
     
    wnderwoman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Posts: 26,454

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    LA and I will call you from the show so we can hear you crying.

    wnderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #75
    thebestauntie
    My love
     
    thebestauntie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: HOME!!!
    Posts: 71,729

    Shows Seen: 13
    Send a message via AIM to thebestauntie Send a message via Yahoo to thebestauntie

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    LA and I will call you from the show so we can hear you crying.

    I love you!!!!
    __________________
    Laurie-Ann (LA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #76
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!
     
    neumdogg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 33,681

    Shows Seen: 61
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Wow. You are both terrible women.

















































    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #77
    thebestauntie
    My love
     
    thebestauntie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: HOME!!!
    Posts: 71,729

    Shows Seen: 13
    Send a message via AIM to thebestauntie Send a message via Yahoo to thebestauntie

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Wow. You are both terrible women.


    Be careful, one of us can ban you (and you should count your lucky stars that it's not me )
    __________________
    Laurie-Ann (LA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #78
    wnderwoman
     
    wnderwoman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Posts: 26,454

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Adam's kind of a big deal. He'll be fine.
    wnderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #79
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!
     
    neumdogg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 33,681

    Shows Seen: 61
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    Adam's kind of a big deal. He'll be fine.
    Damn skippy.

    Still sad though...
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #80
    thebestauntie
    My love
     
    thebestauntie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: HOME!!!
    Posts: 71,729

    Shows Seen: 13
    Send a message via AIM to thebestauntie Send a message via Yahoo to thebestauntie

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    Adam's kind of a big deal. He'll be fine.
    Ha ha.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Damn skippy.

    Still sad though...
    Oh don't worry Adam, I'm sure you'll still get tickets anyway.
    __________________
    Laurie-Ann (LA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #81
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!
     
    neumdogg's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 33,681

    Shows Seen: 61
    Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebestauntie View Post
    Ha ha.

    Oh don't worry Adam, I'm sure you'll still get tickets anyway.
    Im sure I will too. Just can't believe my idiocy.


    Yes, I know, LA. You can easily believe it....
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #82
    thebestauntie
    My love
     
    thebestauntie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: HOME!!!
    Posts: 71,729

    Shows Seen: 13
    Send a message via AIM to thebestauntie Send a message via Yahoo to thebestauntie

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Im sure I will too. Just can't believe my idiocy.


    Yes, I know, LA. You can easily believe it....
    Do you have to spoil my fun by stealing my line?
    __________________
    Laurie-Ann (LA)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #83
    Aubrie
    is working pro bono
     
    Aubrie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: State of Jefferson-In a van down by the river...
    Posts: 6,994

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Hey peoples....

    Why does DMB do this to me???? I would really like to go to these shows, but being during the week, I dunno....
    It will be a definite no if Red Rocks is announced.
    We shall see!
    __________________
    My Shows
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fsankh View Post
    As always, Ms. Palmer, You Are Out of Control! ;) :hug

    Aubrie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #84
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 15
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cswright View Post
    well those were tour closers. still i think we'll get two good shows
    I agree, but it will be the first time they will be playing this venue and from the buzz I hear it seems that the shows will prob sell out.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #85
    Aubrie
    is working pro bono
     
    Aubrie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: State of Jefferson-In a van down by the river...
    Posts: 6,994

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    I agree, but it will be the first time they will be playing this venue and from the buzz I hear it seems that the shows will prob sell out.
    I thought they had played there before? Opened for James Brown maybe? Could be wrong....
    __________________
    My Shows
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fsankh View Post
    As always, Ms. Palmer, You Are Out of Control! ;) :hug

    Aubrie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #86
    kiwinick
     
    kiwinick's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Sydney Australia and Tauranga New Zealand
    Posts: 659

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cswright View Post
    i will gladly buy your spare. i'll be so grateful that i will give you a ride to and from the venue if you like and ill throw in a beer as well
    Brilliant, got to love this community sometimes. Fingers crossed that i get tickets then you are on..........specially the beer part
    kiwinick is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2009, 01:44 AM   #87
    javierm27
     
    javierm27's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: North Hollywood, Ca.
    Posts: 11,227

    Shows Seen: 15
    Send a message via AIM to javierm27

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aubrie View Post
    I thought they had played there before? Opened for James Brown maybe? Could be wrong....
    Not sure at least from what I know, they have played The Hollywood Bowl, Dodger Stadium, Home Depot Center, and Staples Center out in LA. Also in the email from the Warehouse they mention it will be the first time they play there.

    P.S. I love the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons, classic stuff.

    06.10.09
    DMB to Perform at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles September 9-10
    We are excited to announce that Dave Matthews Band will add two tour stops in Los Angeles, CA on September 9th and 10th with concerts planned for The Greek Theatre in Griffith Park. This will mark DMB’s first concert performances at the intimate, historical theatre in picturesque Griffith Park. The Warehouse ticketing request period details are below. Warehouse members may request up to 2 tickets per Greek Theatre LA show. Please note that while members may request both shows, we will limit confirmations for those selected for tickets, to 1 show per member. The Warehouse ticketing request period is not first-come, first-serve, the order in which Warehouse ticketing requests are received does not matter. All members will have the same chance of being chosen to be confirmed for tickets. Visit the Ticketing page and click on the Request Tickets/Tourdates to request Greek Theatre Los Angeles tickets.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #88
    cswright
    Willy the Polar Bear
     
    cswright's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 1,734

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Im sure I will too. Just can't believe my idiocy.


    Yes, I know, LA. You can easily believe it....
    you were too busy rioting in the streets to do WH requests i'll bet
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AntzDigger7 View Post
    u guys who insist that song is not sister are dumb. do u not know about the bonus disk or what? its obviously sister. theres no way that song is going to be called my baby blue. dave loves sister and its not like hes gonna take the same musical components and put it in a completely different song
    cswright is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #89
    Simply-Mad
    Mr. Scott
     
    Simply-Mad's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Toups Town - Commissioner of Story Telling. Seal Beach
    Posts: 2,179

    Shows Seen: 12
    Send a message via AIM to Simply-Mad Send a message via Yahoo to Simply-Mad

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBand520 View Post
    Looks like I have more shows to go to in September. That's gonna be a busy 5 days.

    Wed LA
    Thurs LA
    Fri Rest
    Sat Chula
    Sun Irvine
    Ill be coming back from the Gorge so I will only be doing wed, then Sat Chula and Sunday Irvine
    __________________
    “In theory- Theory is the same as practice, In practice- Theory is no where near practice“ “E as in David” “You can't call it all day drinking unless you start in the morning” “A is for Absinthe” “Straight to forever”
    www.toupstownusa.com www.simply-mad.com “I wont get a hangover if I don't quit drinking”
    Simply-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #90
    Aubrie
    is working pro bono
     
    Aubrie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: State of Jefferson-In a van down by the river...
    Posts: 6,994

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Official Greek Theatre Los Angeles thread - 9/9-9/10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    Not sure at least from what I know, they have played The Hollywood Bowl, Dodger Stadium, Home Depot Center, and Staples Center out in LA. Also in the email from the Warehouse they mention it will be the first time they play there.

    P.S. I love the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons, classic stuff.

    06.10.09
    DMB to Perform at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles September 9-10
    We are excited to announce that Dave Matthews Band will add two tour stops in Los Angeles, CA on September 9th and 10th with concerts planned for The Greek Theatre in Griffith Park. This will mark DMB’s first concert performances at the intimate, historical theatre in picturesque Griffith Park. The Warehouse ticketing request period details are below. Warehouse members may request up to 2 tickets per Greek Theatre LA show. Please note that while members may request both shows, we will limit confirmations for those selected for tickets, to 1 show per member. The Warehouse ticketing request period is not first-come, first-serve, the order in which Warehouse ticketing requests are received does not matter. All members will have the same chance of being chosen to be confirmed for tickets. Visit the Ticketing page and click on the Request Tickets/Tourdates to request Greek Theatre Los Angeles tickets.

    Thanks for verifying that for me.
    Yup, just changed my avatar too!
    I really don't think it is in the cards for me to do these shows dammit! With Gorge being the weekend before and Chula being the wekkend after.....
    __________________
    My Shows
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fsankh View Post
    As always, Ms. Palmer, You Are Out of Control! ;) :hug

    Aubrie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter