**Official Alpine Valley 2019** - Page 13 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #361
zaj128
The King In The North

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Alpine Valley 2019**

I saw some good lowers for N1 in 203 when I got through but couldn't get 4 together. Just gonna keep my 202 VV's. That was rough though. I didn't see any pits at all for N1 through Citi or pub on-sale. I just figured if N1 was that bad, N2 had to be worse with it being a Saturday.

Twitter/IG:
@Zaj128
zaj128 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #362
    laurijean

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I have a single warehouse for sale 202 YY 85.00 plus shipping
    laurijean is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #363
    jordonh

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

One thing I found out recently with the new way ticketmaster operates is there is no point in trying to get tickets online anymore. The best way is the automated phone system. No queue, just tell them the band/venue/date and it grabs tickets for you and you can type in your credit card info and done. Every time I have done this I have gotten tickets purchased before I even get passed the queue online.
    Old 02-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #364
    craigjq1

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I love this time of year and reading all the posts about getting or not getting tickets. It seems the biggest complaint is lake of PIT tickets available during the Citi Presale and today's general sale of tickets. The first reason everyone has given for not having them available is the scalpers. I just checked Vivid Seats and they have 12 tickets for N2 and 12 tickets for N1. I checked seatgeak and they have 56 pits for N2 and 34 pits for N1. I checked cheaptickets and they have 28 for N2 and 24 for N1. that is three of the top scalper sites that come up when doing a google search. It is a total of 166 pit tickets among 3 scaplers. The pit for Alpine is the whole area where the 100 section would normally be. the total reserved section says it holds 7500 people. I figure that is would be about 2500 to 3000 for pit. 166 out of 2500 is 6.6% and 166 out of 3000 is 5.5%. That is a very small number of tickets. This years pit ticket request limit was 6 per warehouse account. Let's say that 1000 warehouse accounts requested tickets. That is a total of 6000 ticket request for an area that only holds up to a max of 3000. It is very well possible there were more then enough requests via the warehouse to fill them all and not have an pits available for citi presale or regular general public sale. If that were the case, the warehouse actually did do what it is supposed to and put the tickets in the hands of the fans.
    Old 02-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #365
    madpiker

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

i was like number "78" in line today...got in...saw THOUSANDS of uppers and reserved tickets. not a single time did the pit section light up.

unbelievable.
    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 11:59 AM   #366
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

There's no way that the WH has access to all of the available pit seats though. I'd guess they get alotted maybe 20-25% max.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #367
    dagostml

Shows Seen: 122

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordonh View Post
    One thing I found out recently with the new way ticketmaster operates is there is no point in trying to get tickets online anymore. The best way is the automated phone system. No queue, just tell them the band/venue/date and it grabs tickets for you and you can type in your credit card info and done. Every time I have done this I have gotten tickets purchased before I even get passed the queue online.
    Shhhhhh!!!
    dagostml is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #368
    craigjq1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    There's no way that the WH has access to all of the available pit seats though. I'd guess they get alotted maybe 20-25% max.
    It would be good to know how many tickets they are actually alotted, but I am sure we will never know that information. My overall point is, of the three scalper sites I looked at, they are taking up 6% of that potential tickets available. Alpine is a high demand show. It also has been and always will be. Your chances of getting pit tickets decrease just based on the pure volume of people wanting to buy them. The only true way to keep the scalpers from getting and selling the tickets is the band has to shut those sales down. However, I do not see that happening. It is the age old idea of, I do not care who buys them, I am getting my money either way.
    Old 02-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #369
    Benny003

Shows Seen: 60

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How much flexibility do you have to know if other better seats are available though?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if the WH gets a lot or almost all of the pit tickets. That could have been part of their negotiating with the venues or them wanting a pit at all.
    Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #370
    dmbalpine

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by craigjq1 View Post
    I love this time of year and reading all the posts about getting or not getting tickets. It seems the biggest complaint is lake of PIT tickets available during the Citi Presale and today's general sale of tickets. The first reason everyone has given for not having them available is the scalpers. I just checked Vivid Seats and they have 12 tickets for N2 and 12 tickets for N1. I checked seatgeak and they have 56 pits for N2 and 34 pits for N1. I checked cheaptickets and they have 28 for N2 and 24 for N1. that is three of the top scalper sites that come up when doing a google search. It is a total of 166 pit tickets among 3 scaplers. The pit for Alpine is the whole area where the 100 section would normally be. the total reserved section says it holds 7500 people. I figure that is would be about 2500 to 3000 for pit. 166 out of 2500 is 6.6% and 166 out of 3000 is 5.5%. That is a very small number of tickets. This years pit ticket request limit was 6 per warehouse account. Let's say that 1000 warehouse accounts requested tickets. That is a total of 6000 ticket request for an area that only holds up to a max of 3000. It is very well possible there were more then enough requests via the warehouse to fill them all and not have an pits available for citi presale or regular general public sale. If that were the case, the warehouse actually did do what it is supposed to and put the tickets in the hands of the fans.
    Nice math exercise except your numbers are off. The pit area does not sell 2,500-3,000 tickets.

Someone can find the pdf seating chart that shows the seats when there is 100 level seating. I believe it’s around 1,000 maybe 1,200. I know they oversell the pit, but they don’t triple the amount of people.
    dmbalpine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 02:34 PM   #371
    JacobLovesYou
    still here

Shows Seen: 95

My Tour Central Stats

Has anybody here ever sat in the 202 “obstructed view” seating behind the bush/pole? I was wondering if it’s really that obstructed? The tickets I’m looking at are on the inside edge. I know the whole little section is marked as obstructed, but I was wondering if anybody had any positive/negative experiences? I scoured the web trying to find pictures/remarks on tons of fan forums. Best I could find was a somebody from a PJ forum a few years back saying it was fine. Looks like maybe I wouldn’t be able to see Buddy is all, maybe Tim?

I need 4 tickets which I figured might be tough to pull off the boards.

from the dark side we can see a glow of something bright
    JacobLovesYou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #372
    bolstad79

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benny003 View Post
    How much flexibility do you have to know if other better seats are available though?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the WH gets a lot or almost all of the pit tickets. That could have been part of their negotiating with the venues or them wanting a pit at all.
    No way live nation allows that.
    bolstad79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #373
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883

Shows Seen: 77

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Interesting..... so what kind of tickets did you get then?
    daveindyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 09:19 PM   #374
    dmbmike41
    Go Hawks!

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Hope everyone gets what they want. Personally, I'm taking whatever warehouse gives. I'm getting older and don't have time for ticket swapping. I'm more excited that my time spent will be surprising my daughter that we are flying out to see her current favorite Shawn Mendes in The Bay Area the week after Alpine. Good luck all.
    dmbmike41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #375
    mmish84

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

One thing to consider is professional scalpers list their tickets across multiple sites - the same exact ticket/tickets will be on more than just one site. So you don't want to add up all the pit tickets across all the different secondary ticketing sites because that will grossly overstate the number of available scalper tickets.

Also I don't have any way to prove this is true, but I've seen it mentioned multiple times that the Warehouse has one of the better (best?) fan club deals with TM/Live Nation and the estimate is the fan club gets around 50% of the tickets. So it may be logical to assume the warehouse has around 50% allotment of total PIT tickets.
    mmish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2019, 01:11 PM   #376
    BLKSBBTHICA

Shows Seen: 169

My Tour Central Stats

Just got my N1 pit pair (regular price) from the citicard presale in the mail. That was super fast.
    BLKSBBTHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #377
    dmbmike41
    Go Hawks!

My Tour Central Stats

Hilarious, 203 NN is a platinum ticket. Now I'm worried my warehouse tickets will have seat numbers in the 200's, yes I know it doesn't go that far.
    Old 02-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #378
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

My Tour Central Stats

I can't remember, does Alpine have random drops up until day of show? Or should I look for alternative means.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2019, 11:28 AM   #379
    SomeDo
    Some people do

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    I can't remember, does Alpine have random drops up until day of show? Or should I look for alternative means.

Yes they do
    SomeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #380
    carph

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Warehouse member since 2002....denied TIX for night 2. I want asking for PIT just a seat. I will not longer sit on the lawn at this venue due to bad experience with this... Hoping for a miracle and tix. Maybe instants if I catch it.
    Old 02-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #381
    craigjq1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmike41 View Post
    Hope everyone gets what they want. Personally, I'm taking whatever warehouse gives. I'm getting older and don't have time for ticket swapping. I'm more excited that my time spent will be surprising my daughter that we are flying out to see her current favorite Shawn Mendes in The Bay Area the week after Alpine. Good luck all.
    Awesome. I am of the same mindset. I have been requesting lawn for the about the last 10 years. I sit at the top at Alpine and it is a great time.
    Old 02-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #382
    craigjq1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbalpine View Post
    Nice math exercise except your numbers are off. The pit area does not sell 2,500-3,000 tickets.

Someone can find the pdf seating chart that shows the seats when there is 100 level seating. I believe it’s around 1,000 maybe 1,200. I know they oversell the pit, but they don’t triple the amount of people.
    I went to interactive site for Who concert there and counted all the 100 level seats since it has no pit. I got a total of 1061. You have to figure, with no seats, you can double that amount, so that would put it at 2122. So, since my percentage numbers were based on 2500, my numbers are not that far off
    Old 02-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #383
    craigjq1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mmish84 View Post
    One thing to consider is professional scalpers list their tickets across multiple sites - the same exact ticket/tickets will be on more than just one site. So you don't want to add up all the pit tickets across all the different secondary ticketing sites because that will grossly overstate the number of available scalper tickets.

Also I don't have any way to prove this is true, but I've seen it mentioned multiple times that the Warehouse has one of the better (best?) fan club deals with TM/Live Nation and the estimate is the fan club gets around 50% of the tickets. So it may be logical to assume the warehouse has around 50% allotment of total PIT tickets.
    So, with that being said, my scalper percentages would go down, proving my point, that the scalpers do not get as many tickets as people think. The increase to a max of 6 tickets via that warehouse had to do with why there was a limited number of tickets available during the citi and general sales for tickets.
    Old 02-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #384
    dmbalpine

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I went to interactive site for Who concert there and counted all the 100 level seats since it has no pit. I got a total of 1061. You have to figure, with no seats, you can double that amount, so that would put it at 2122. So, since my percentage numbers were based on 2500, my numbers are not that far off
    So 1,000 seats was just about right.

You are still far off because you’re still thinking they at least double it for pit. They don’t, and that doesn’t even make sense.

I even went back to some emails I had from Alpine Valley mgmt in 2010, which was the first year they changed to pit. They told me they sell 1,250 tickets for the pit area. They sell more than the 1,061 seats to fill in for isles/walkways/gaps. They don’t double it.
    dmbalpine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #385
    Prezzy

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I have a pair of night 1 Pavilion seats available. Sec 201 Row ww. Face/fees
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #386
    bubbaugly18

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Happy we are back at this venue this year and pissed I have a good buddy's wedding that Saturday. What an asshole! He should have waited for tour dates to be released! First time since high school I'm going to have to split the weekend and only be there Friday.
    bubbaugly18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #387
    dprosent

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JacobLovesYou View Post
    Has anybody here ever sat in the 202 “obstructed view” seating behind the bush/pole? I was wondering if it’s really that obstructed? The tickets I’m looking at are on the inside edge. I know the whole little section is marked as obstructed, but I was wondering if anybody had any positive/negative experiences? I scoured the web trying to find pictures/remarks on tons of fan forums. Best I could find was a somebody from a PJ forum a few years back saying it was fine. Looks like maybe I wouldn’t be able to see Buddy is all, maybe Tim?

I need 4 tickets which I figured might be tough to pull off the boards.
    I'm in the same boat. Snagged 202 Row YY for $45 per. Are they really that bad?
    Old 02-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #388
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Those are fine. You can move out to the aisle and see.
    Old 02-25-2019, 03:07 PM   #389
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dprosent View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Snagged 202 Row YY for $45 per. Are they really that bad?
    Those seats are totally fine and at by far the best value at Alpine!

They're far less obstructed than the far side seats in 201/203 that are NOT marked obstructed.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #390
    dmbmike41
    Go Hawks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubbaugly18 View Post
    Happy we are back at this venue this year and pissed I have a good buddy's wedding that Saturday. What an asshole! He should have waited for tour dates to be released! First time since high school I'm going to have to split the weekend and only be there Friday.
    I had to miss alpine 2004 weekend for a wedding I was in, so suck it.