**The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread** - Page 667 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2019, 01:19 PM   #19981
Floyd47
 
Floyd47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,147

Shows Seen: 34

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Iím looking at Phish A Live One vinyl on Amazon. Are all the pressings of this the colored vinyl? Or was there a black vinyl pressing?
__________________
- Jeff
2019: Woodlands, Dallas, CMAC, Bethel
Floyd47 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-22-2019, 01:46 PM   #19982
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 17,864

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Floyd47 View Post
    Iím looking at Phish A Live One vinyl on Amazon. Are all the pressings of this the colored vinyl? Or was there a black vinyl pressing?
    All are red/blue split, to my knowledge
    __________________
    Check out my vinyl-dedicated Instagram

    Looking to buy a turntable and get into vinyl? Here is a link to some recommendations from the Vinyl Collectors Thread!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #19983
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 25,867

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Reading on SHTV that apparently Sony Music (can't find any official statement) has unilaterally cut off any and all third party licensing agreements for any subsidiary of the parent label.

    If true we can kiss goodbye whatever slim chance there was of an audiophile label release of Pearl Jam or DMB studio material.
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #19984
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 17,864

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Reading on SHTV that apparently Sony Music (can't find any official statement) has unilaterally cut off any and all third party licensing agreements for any subsidiary of the parent label.

    If true we can kiss goodbye whatever slim chance there was of an audiophile label release of Pearl Jam or DMB studio material.
    Yikes, that's a huge bummer.
    __________________
    Check out my vinyl-dedicated Instagram

    Looking to buy a turntable and get into vinyl? Here is a link to some recommendations from the Vinyl Collectors Thread!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 02:13 PM   #19985
    dmb31fan
     
    dmb31fan's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Posts: 291

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Reading on SHTV that apparently Sony Music (can't find any official statement) has unilaterally cut off any and all third party licensing agreements for any subsidiary of the parent label.

    If true we can kiss goodbye whatever slim chance there was of an audiophile label release of Pearl Jam or DMB studio material.
    When you say audiophile, what are you referring to? As in the way they remastered the Crash vinyl? Sorry if thats a dumb question, relatively new to the vinyl community.
    dmb31fan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #19986
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 17,864

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb31fan View Post
    When you say audiophile, what are you referring to? As in the way they remastered the Crash vinyl? Sorry if thats a dumb question, relatively new to the vinyl community.
    He's saying, I believe, that labels like Mobile Fidelity and Analogue Productions will not have access to the Sony titles going forward.
    __________________
    Check out my vinyl-dedicated Instagram

    Looking to buy a turntable and get into vinyl? Here is a link to some recommendations from the Vinyl Collectors Thread!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #19987
    Floyd47
     
    Floyd47's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Posts: 3,147

    Shows Seen: 34

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    All are red/blue split, to my knowledge
    Thanks. I couldnít find anything that said there was a black pressing, but figured someone here would know
    __________________
    - Jeff
    2019: Woodlands, Dallas, CMAC, Bethel
    Floyd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2019, 06:10 PM   #19988
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 71,785

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    carnegie hall billy joel is fantastic. if its the 1977 performance.
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2019, 03:16 AM   #19989
    AndySlash
    Falling Hard
     
    AndySlash's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Saint Paul
    Posts: 3,518

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Reading on SHTV that apparently Sony Music (can't find any official statement) has unilaterally cut off any and all third party licensing agreements for any subsidiary of the parent label.

    If true we can kiss goodbye whatever slim chance there was of an audiophile label release of Pearl Jam or DMB studio material.
    thatís fuckiní nuts. even if they have designs of doing that type of thing in-house, hard to have any faith that theyíd get it right.
    __________________
    LeRoi Est Mort, Vive LeRoi!

    Discogs
    AndySlash is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #19990
    herzag17
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 1,824

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Ari Hest - 12 Monday’s arrived today. Long sought...found on discogs.
    __________________
    ďWhile Iím alive Iíll make tiny changes to earthĒ

    http://herzag17.livejournal.com/
    herzag17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2019, 10:01 PM   #19991
    snake911
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Posts: 1,207

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Reading on SHTV that apparently Sony Music (can't find any official statement) has unilaterally cut off any and all third party licensing agreements for any subsidiary of the parent label.

    If true we can kiss goodbye whatever slim chance there was of an audiophile label release of Pearl Jam or DMB studio material.
    I'm guessing more money to made by doing re-issues in-house vs selling the pressing license. Give it 5 years and that may change again.
    __________________
    managingtheghosts.org
    snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #19992
    Tak_a_Tak
     
    Tak_a_Tak's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: Indy
    Posts: 10,639

    Shows Seen: 65

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Iíve been wanting for a while to lift my speakers up onto stands to get them more ear level while sitting, but I honestly had no idea it would improve the sound so much! Iím blown away by the increases quality. I did a little DIY project for the stands, still need to put some type of finish on them - either a stain or paint.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg E7861335-189B-4FD7-8946-D5A06DE8FCF2.jpg (75.6 KB, 30 views)
    __________________
    _____
    OllllllO
    ...tak
    vinyl collection
    Tak_a_Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #19993
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006
     
    mcwyffe's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Posts: 17,603

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    No RSD leak yet?
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubsfan View Post
    Thanks for contributing though jackass.
    mcwyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #19994
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 10,241

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcwyffe View Post
    No RSD leak yet?
    I shared a pretty long list late last week in this thread.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    ď... for tomorrow we die; CHECK EM OUT, HILARY!!!Ē
    WidespreadMule3 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #19995
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006
     
    mcwyffe's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Posts: 17,603

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Of course I missed that. Not too much for me yet
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubsfan View Post
    Thanks for contributing though jackass.
    mcwyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #19996
    Benny003
     
    Benny003's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Minneapolis, MN
    Posts: 11,874

    Shows Seen: 51

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herzag17 View Post
    Ari Hest - 12 Monday’s arrived today. Long sought...found on discogs.
    Ari Hest, now that's a name I don't hear often. I saw him play live a few times in college in the early 2000's at coffee-shop size places and never really heard anything from him since. I have a few of his CD's from that era.
    Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #19997
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock
     
    AlexK79's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Zip City
    Posts: 13,570

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Not sure if anyone in this thread is a Garth Brooks fan, but they announced yesterday the 'Legacy Vinyl Collection', a 7-LP box set that will include the albums:

    Triple Live (recent live release recorded on the comeback tour - 3xLP)
    No Fences
    The Chase
    In Pieces
    Fresh Horses

    It's being released in THREE different configurations:
    The 'Analog' set - all the albums cut from the original analog masters. NOT remastered, but they are AAA. (I would have to imagine the live album is the exception here as those shows had to have been recorded digitally of course.)
    The 'Remixed/Remastered' set - the albums have been transferred to digital and both remixed and remastered.
    The 'Limited' set - Numbered set with bonus tracks.

    Upon the initial release later this year, the 'Analog' and 'Remixed/Remastered' sets will be priced at $50, and the Limited Set at $75. (Quite a deal for 7 LP's, IMO.) . However today at 6 PM they are opening a fans only ordering window where you can pre-order ALL THREE sets for a *total* of $100 and free shipping. You even get to *choose* what number you want for the limited set (you can select a specific 6 digit number - your birthday, etc...) or you can just opt for 'lowest available.'

    They won't be available until November, and cards will not be charged until 30 days before the ship date.

    This is a pretty amazing deal.

    The only thing I find odd is that why the S/T debut album and 'Ropin' The Wind' are not included here. They skip the debut, include No Fences, skip 'Ropin' The Wind' (which may have been the biggest one of them all), and then include the next 3 in his catalog.
    __________________
    My Discogs Collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AlexK79/collection

    2019: Nashville/Deer Creek x 2/Chicago/Alpine Valley x2
    AlexK79 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 03:12 PM   #19998
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock
     
    AlexK79's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Zip City
    Posts: 13,570

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Should mention that all of the box sets include CD copies of everything in addition to the vinyl.
    __________________
    My Discogs Collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AlexK79/collection

    2019: Nashville/Deer Creek x 2/Chicago/Alpine Valley x2
    AlexK79 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #19999
    maxatlof
     
    maxatlof's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2017
    Posts: 275

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Not sure if anyone in this thread is a Garth Brooks fan, but they announced yesterday the 'Legacy Vinyl Collection', a 7-LP box set that will include the albums:

    Triple Live (recent live release recorded on the comeback tour - 3xLP)
    No Fences
    The Chase
    In Pieces
    Fresh Horses

    It's being released in THREE different configurations:
    The 'Analog' set - all the albums cut from the original analog masters. NOT remastered, but they are AAA. (I would have to imagine the live album is the exception here as those shows had to have been recorded digitally of course.)
    The 'Remixed/Remastered' set - the albums have been transferred to digital and both remixed and remastered.
    The 'Limited' set - Numbered set with bonus tracks.

    Upon the initial release later this year, the 'Analog' and 'Remixed/Remastered' sets will be priced at $50, and the Limited Set at $75. (Quite a deal for 7 LP's, IMO.) . However today at 6 PM they are opening a fans only ordering window where you can pre-order ALL THREE sets for a *total* of $100 and free shipping. You even get to *choose* what number you want for the limited set (you can select a specific 6 digit number - your birthday, etc...) or you can just opt for 'lowest available.'

    They won't be available until November, and cards will not be charged until 30 days before the ship date.

    This is a pretty amazing deal.

    The only thing I find odd is that why the S/T debut album and 'Ropin' The Wind' are not included here. They skip the debut, include No Fences, skip 'Ropin' The Wind' (which may have been the biggest one of them all), and then include the next 3 in his catalog.
    Wow, that is a really good deal for all that vinyl. But I'm shocked/confused as to why they wouldn't include his debut album or Ropin' the Wind. (dont get it twisted, No Fences is easily the biggest/most popular of any of his albums.)
    __________________
    Praise be to Gritty
    maxatlof is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #20000
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock
     
    AlexK79's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Zip City
    Posts: 13,570

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxatlof View Post
    Wow, that is a really good deal for all that vinyl. But I'm shocked/confused as to why they wouldn't include his debut album or Ropin' the Wind. (dont get it twisted, No Fences is easily the biggest/most popular of any of his albums.)
    You're right - I thought 'Ropin' was his biggest seller, but it's No Fences. Tossing out the Christmas albums and the Chris Gaines album, sales for his studio catalog:

    S/T - 8.2 million
    No Fences - 15.3 million
    Ropin' The Wind - 12.6 million
    The Chase - 7.1 million
    In Pieces - 6.7 million
    Fresh Horses - 5.1 million
    Sevens - 8.2 million
    Scarecrow - 3.2 million
    Man Against Machine - 750K
    Gunslinger - 170K

    In any case, yeah, it's really puzzling why those two albums aren't included. Perhaps they are planning separate anniversary type releases for them? Who knows.
    __________________
    My Discogs Collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AlexK79/collection

    2019: Nashville/Deer Creek x 2/Chicago/Alpine Valley x2
    AlexK79 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #20001
    jmkratt
    Von Miller
     
    jmkratt's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Colorado
    Posts: 8,504

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    In non-surprising news Garth tried to use a little website for the vinyl pre-order and...it crashed before a single order.
    __________________
    John K
    jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #20002
    dmb31fan
     
    dmb31fan's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Posts: 291

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Not sure if anyone in this thread is a Garth Brooks fan, but they announced yesterday the 'Legacy Vinyl Collection', a 7-LP box set that will include the albums:

    Triple Live (recent live release recorded on the comeback tour - 3xLP)
    No Fences
    The Chase
    In Pieces
    Fresh Horses

    It's being released in THREE different configurations:
    The 'Analog' set - all the albums cut from the original analog masters. NOT remastered, but they are AAA. (I would have to imagine the live album is the exception here as those shows had to have been recorded digitally of course.)
    The 'Remixed/Remastered' set - the albums have been transferred to digital and both remixed and remastered.
    The 'Limited' set - Numbered set with bonus tracks.

    Upon the initial release later this year, the 'Analog' and 'Remixed/Remastered' sets will be priced at $50, and the Limited Set at $75. (Quite a deal for 7 LP's, IMO.) . However today at 6 PM they are opening a fans only ordering window where you can pre-order ALL THREE sets for a *total* of $100 and free shipping. You even get to *choose* what number you want for the limited set (you can select a specific 6 digit number - your birthday, etc...) or you can just opt for 'lowest available.'

    They won't be available until November, and cards will not be charged until 30 days before the ship date.

    This is a pretty amazing deal.

    The only thing I find odd is that why the S/T debut album and 'Ropin' The Wind' are not included here. They skip the debut, include No Fences, skip 'Ropin' The Wind' (which may have been the biggest one of them all), and then include the next 3 in his catalog.
    Hell yea this is awesome! Can't wait to order this!
    dmb31fan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #20003
    herzag17
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 1,824

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benny003 View Post
    Ari Hest, now that's a name I don't hear often. I saw him play live a few times in college in the early 2000's at coffee-shop size places and never really heard anything from him since. I have a few of his CD's from that era.
    He was picked up by a label...hated it. Decided to go independent and has been doing a variety of things since. This is the collection of the fan voted 12 best songs from his 52 project. Has released a handful of albums since. Was nominated for a Grammy one or two years ago. Coincidentally for a song on this album that was never recognized until he recorded it with Judy Collins.

    He still plays relatively small venues. He regularly does living room shows as well as online shows from his couch for fans.
    __________________
    ďWhile Iím alive Iíll make tiny changes to earthĒ

    http://herzag17.livejournal.com/
    herzag17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 10:01 PM   #20004
    mcwyffe
    MattsMarching #006
     
    mcwyffe's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Posts: 17,603

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    I have Garth’s first 5 albums but will still buy this set when it comes out.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubsfan View Post
    Thanks for contributing though jackass.
    mcwyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 01:30 AM   #20005
    AndySlash
    Falling Hard
     
    AndySlash's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Saint Paul
    Posts: 3,518

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    i'm still waiting for that chris gaines reissue. http://blog.lightintheattic.net/mode...aines-2xlp-cd/
    __________________
    LeRoi Est Mort, Vive LeRoi!

    Discogs
    AndySlash is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 10:06 AM   #20006
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock
     
    AlexK79's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Zip City
    Posts: 13,570

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
    In non-surprising news Garth tried to use a little website for the vinyl pre-order and...it crashed before a single order.
    Yeah, they always do this "live video feed" thing, I was on right at 6 and it kept failing, then finally almost an hour later they posted a message that all the traffic had crashed the site and they're going to do it again on Thursday.

    Clearly they have some kind of deal with this "Talk Shop Live" website but for God's sake, just put up a damn pre-order page on the website and be done with it, there's no need for this "go live" schtick.
    __________________
    My Discogs Collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AlexK79/collection

    2019: Nashville/Deer Creek x 2/Chicago/Alpine Valley x2
    AlexK79 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #20007
    jmkratt
    Von Miller
     
    jmkratt's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Colorado
    Posts: 8,504

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Yeah, they always do this "live video feed" thing, I was on right at 6 and it kept failing, then finally almost an hour later they posted a message that all the traffic had crashed the site and they're going to do it again on Thursday.

    Clearly they have some kind of deal with this "Talk Shop Live" website but for God's sake, just put up a damn pre-order page on the website and be done with it, there's no need for this "go live" schtick.
    Yeah itís ridiculous. This isnít very hard, Garth.
    __________________
    John K
    jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #20008
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock
     
    AlexK79's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Zip City
    Posts: 13,570

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tak_a_Tak View Post
    Iíve been wanting for a while to lift my speakers up onto stands to get them more ear level while sitting, but I honestly had no idea it would improve the sound so much! Iím blown away by the increases quality. I did a little DIY project for the stands, still need to put some type of finish on them - either a stain or paint.
    Those look great! With those type of speakers stands make a HUGE difference in the sound, as you've noticed. If you can angle them upward slightly (maybe add a small wedge-type piece on top of each on) it'll be even better.

    Nice work!
    __________________
    My Discogs Collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AlexK79/collection

    2019: Nashville/Deer Creek x 2/Chicago/Alpine Valley x2
    AlexK79 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #20009
    cjstinelli
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 154

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Regarding the Garth Brooks box sets, which one is recommended by ppl here....The Legacy Collection includes the Limited Edition, in which the albums are digitally remastered from analogs or CDs, the original Analog Edition, where the albums derive from original analog recordings; and the Digitally Remixed/Remastered Edition, for which the albums are digitally remixed and/or remastered except for Triple Live.

    And are the prices I've seen correct....Analog and Remix-Remaster versions for $50 each and Limited for $80?
    cjstinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #20010
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock
     
    AlexK79's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Zip City
    Posts: 13,570

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cjstinelli View Post
    Regarding the Garth Brooks box sets, which one is recommended by ppl here....The Legacy Collection includes the Limited Edition, in which the albums are digitally remastered from analogs or CDs, the original Analog Edition, where the albums derive from original analog recordings; and the Digitally Remixed/Remastered Edition, for which the albums are digitally remixed and/or remastered except for Triple Live.

    And are the prices I've seen correct....Analog and Remix-Remaster versions for $50 each and Limited for $80?
    All correct. However, if you buy during the exclusive window (that was supposed to be last night and now moved to tomorrow) you can get *all 3* sets for $100 and free shipping which, while redundant AF, is too good of a deal to pass up for me.

    If you're going for just one, I'd absolutely go for the analog set. The remixed/remastered set is likely to be louder and more compressed, and since they remixed and remastered it digitally, having it on vinyl is kind of pointless.

    Also, unless I didn't interpret the live video with Garth going over the packages correctly, the analog box will contain CD's with the remixed/remastered versions, so you'll get both anyway.
    __________________
    My Discogs Collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AlexK79/collection

    2019: Nashville/Deer Creek x 2/Chicago/Alpine Valley x2
    AlexK79 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter