**Official Texas 2022: Please Don't Move Here!** - Page 47 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-15-2022, 07:34 PM   #1381
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Texas 2022: Please Don't Move Here!**

Damn, sorry, dude. Was there a third flag? Because the fake one I'm talking about was like three cars down from our huge party. We were pretty much spot on with the dot in the map. Same place where we were when I met you the first time!

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 05-15-2022 at 07:36 PM.
ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-16-2022, 12:18 AM   #1382
    Stang117
    cigarette lit

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

That Crush was ridiculously good. Highlight of the show. Carter killed it.
    The lighting rig this year is phenomenal as well.

I would love to see that version of Crush again. Wow.
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Pubes coming out the screen like Sharktopus tentacles
    Stang117 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 07:28 AM   #1383
    sestark

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stang117 View Post
    That Crush was ridiculously good. Highlight of the show. Carter killed it.
    The lighting rig this year is phenomenal as well.

I would love to see that version of Crush again. Wow.
    Agree! Favorite moment of the show!
    sestark is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 07:56 AM   #1384
    madpiker

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

Had the most fun during the show at Austin. Best setlist was Woodlands. Best pre-game was, of course, Dallas. I'm happy with that.
    This is the way.

Quote:
    Damn, sorry, dude. Was there a third flag? Because the fake one I'm talking about was like three cars down from our huge party. We were pretty much spot on with the dot in the map. Same place where we were when I met you the first time!
    right? we were literally exactly where the dot is on the map.
    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 07:57 AM   #1385
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

what a run. Dallas kinda got shit on setlist wise, since I got 3 of my "hated" songs, but the crew was great, and the tailgate always rocks.

Matthew nailed it. Austin was most fun during the show, Woodlands had the best setlist, and Dallas overall was a blast. I'll take it.
    Old 05-16-2022, 08:00 AM   #1386
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

ATX +16
    Woodlands +18
    Dallas +10
    Old 05-16-2022, 08:48 AM   #1387
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinmavs View Post
    Out of all 3 nights, Dallas felt like the best show to me.

Crush is out of control right now.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mposey34 View Post
    Crush is as good as it’s ever been. Carter is unreal.
    That Crush was awesome. I need to listen to it again.
    Old 05-16-2022, 08:55 AM   #1388
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    what a run. Dallas kinda got shit on setlist wise, since I got 3 of my "hated" songs, but the crew was great, and the tailgate always rocks.

Matthew nailed it. Austin was most fun during the show, Woodlands had the best setlist, and Dallas overall was a blast. I'll take it.
    Dallas was a great time. I was hoping for Shotgun and Ants, but Crush was awesome and really can’t complain after seeing Break For It, Break Free, Dreaming Tree and The Maker in the Woodlands.

It will always confuse me why they’ll play 4 lesser played / rare songs in one show and the next night play a pretty standard setlist with no deep cuts.
    Old 05-16-2022, 09:11 AM   #1389
    kevinmavs

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

After a little time, thought I would offer a brief review. I did one for the tour opener a couple pages back.

5/13/22 The Woodlands

One thing I didn't mention in my Austin review, is the new lighting rig is awesome. It's fluid and moves all over the place. It's really badass how it can look like something from one side of the arena and look completely different if you're in the center in the back.

You Might Die Trying: A song i've seen a ton, but never expecting it to be an opener. It's fun, for what it is. It's when it's in the closing set run that I kind of despise it.

SMTS-ASTB-Too Much: It is what it is, and what it is, continues to be fun. Nothing changed much on the bridge, they did have some fun on the Too Much outro. Buddy and Dave going back and forth, but I couldn't make out if they were interpolating something or if they were just riffing.

Idea of You: Meh, although it hadn't been played in over a thousand days.

Break For It: I'll write the same as I did in the Austin thread. The song sounds the same as the iconic Alpine version from 2010. I still love it.

Tripping Billies: Nature Intro got the crowd going. Always uncomfortable when Dave messes up and says check em out Boyd at the end...It's muscle memory I guess, but I could only think about the socks.

Jimi Thing: Good spot for it on the run sheet, and I dig the unpredictable nature of not knowing what to get. Maybe they just play Jimi this year with no Sexy MF, but this might be the year of Buddy just doing his thing at the end of it and the song ending.

Madman's Eyes: Same. Good. They've got it down. It's fun.

Crash: Can't say anything about this song that you don't already know.

Breakfree: Same as the other night in Austin. The song feels neutered to me without the horn outro.

Funny The Way It Is: Didn't love that we had another repeat, but there are bigger issues in the world right?

The Dreaming Tree: Verrrry nice! Definitely sucked the air out of a lot of my section, as it was hot and some people needed a sitting song. I get it. It's very good though of course.

When The World Ends: Another repeat?

Walk Around the Moon: Good to hear again, it felt a little fatter than last year but still hard to tell and I haven't listened back yet. Don't know if the lyrics were different either.

Warehouse->Nancies: The old switcharoo.

She: Electric guitar out...hoping for So Right...expecting Louisiana Bayou...and you get She. I don't really know what to say, it's not like I dislike the song, but when the black guitar comes out i'm not dying to hear She. it's fun in the moment though once it gets going.

Granny: Fun

Grey Street: REPEAT. Grey Street mid set rocks. Grey Street as set closer...leaves you wanting more.

E1 The Maker: I'm not one of those people who is dying to hear The Maker. I get the nostalgia of it and the beauty of the song though.

E2 Why I Am: The set closer from the previous show. It's always fun, the stage and lights are great, but man it just leaves you wanting so much more based on where it is on the sheet.

All in all, a fun show, but my least favorite of the 3 in Texas. Too many repeats for my taste. Woodlands venue is great, but i'm probably good on seeing anymore shows down there.
    Old 05-16-2022, 09:20 AM   #1390
    kevinmavs

My Tour Central Stats

5/14/22 Dallas

The Best of What's Around: COME ON! To open the show! Let's fucking go! And the ending was awesome too, they did a quick 45 second jam after Jeff's big solo. Incredible version!!!

Do You Remember: Well this party really died.

Seek Up: Whoa! In the 3 spot!

Satellite: My dick went soft again

Song That Jane Likes: Alright so we're starting with some oldies, and ramping up, I can dig it.

Crush: Good God. This song is maybe in it's best form it's ever been in. The jazz trio thing that Stefan, Carter, and Tim do after the horn solos is phenomenal. A perfect wrinkle.

The Only Thing: I'm in, Noticed Dave played acoustic guitar on this, not sure if that's what he did in Austin or not. Coming down off the Crush high, this was great. Still don't know if I like the lyric changes, but it's fun.

Grace is Gone: Love the song, but when you have to pee...and you saw it on Wednesday night....go pee.

Seven: A little out of nowhere. I like 7. I take it back, I love 7. I get the disdain for it around here, but i love that little garden hose of a song.

Grey Street: 3 nights in a row...but my dad was there and it's his favorite song...and midset. I'll never complain about mid set Grey Street.

Madman's Eyes: 3 nights in a row of seeing it, still not tired of it.

#41: Pow!

#27: wtf?

You And Me: Didn't even need to pee, but I went to go pee.

Can't Stop: I knew they couldn't help themselves.

Nancies--->Warehouse: 3 nights in a row for these tunes...but I mean come on these songs are certified bangers. It was odd though.

Don't Drink The Water: I prefer to drink my water midset.

E1 Watchtower: It's awesome, it's hot, great stage show behind as well with the lightning. I dig the stairway thing. It goes hard.

On original setlist it was

Samurai Cop
    Cornbread

I'll take the one song Watchtower everytime.

Dallas was the most fun show of the 3 for me, partially because my parents were there for the first time in like 10 years. Crowd was into it. It was disgustingly hot and sweaty, but we choose to live here I guess.

I'm hitting the Charleston shows next month, will be interesting to see how much they diversify their sets going forward.
    Old 05-16-2022, 10:07 AM   #1391
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Did they bring back the Warehouse Lawn section?
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 10:35 AM   #1392
    MicroGiant

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    5/14/22 Dallas

The Best of What's Around: COME ON! To open the show! Let's fucking go! And the ending was awesome too, they did a quick 45 second jam after Jeff's big solo. Incredible version!!!

Do You Remember: Well this party really died.

Seek Up: Whoa! In the 3 spot!

Satellite: My dick went soft again

Song That Jane Likes: Alright so we're starting with some oldies, and ramping up, I can dig it.

Crush: Good God. This song is maybe in it's best form it's ever been in. The jazz trio thing that Stefan, Carter, and Tim do after the horn solos is phenomenal. A perfect wrinkle.

The Only Thing: I'm in, Noticed Dave played acoustic guitar on this, not sure if that's what he did in Austin or not. Coming down off the Crush high, this was great. Still don't know if I like the lyric changes, but it's fun.

Grace is Gone: Love the song, but when you have to pee...and you saw it on Wednesday night....go pee.

Seven: A little out of nowhere. I like 7. I take it back, I love 7. I get the disdain for it around here, but i love that little garden hose of a song.

Grey Street: 3 nights in a row...but my dad was there and it's his favorite song...and midset. I'll never complain about mid set Grey Street.

Madman's Eyes: 3 nights in a row of seeing it, still not tired of it.

#41: Pow!

#27: wtf?

You And Me: Didn't even need to pee, but I went to go pee.

Can't Stop: I knew they couldn't help themselves.

Nancies--->Warehouse: 3 nights in a row for these tunes...but I mean come on these songs are certified bangers. It was odd though.

Don't Drink The Water: I prefer to drink my water midset.

E1 Watchtower: It's awesome, it's hot, great stage show behind as well with the lightning. I dig the stairway thing. It goes hard.

On original setlist it was

Samurai Cop
    Cornbread

I'll take the one song Watchtower everytime.

Dallas was the most fun show of the 3 for me, partially because my parents were there for the first time in like 10 years. Crowd was into it. It was disgustingly hot and sweaty, but we choose to live here I guess.

I'm hitting the Charleston shows next month, will be interesting to see how much they diversify their sets going forward.

Don't forget to add they played the third verse during Grey St and the woohoo chant during warehouse. It was pretty cool hearing that again live.
    MicroGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 11:06 AM   #1393
    denzel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Madman's Eyes is hauntingly amazing. It rings so true these days the lyrics are spot on and live it goes over well
    denzel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 11:28 AM   #1394
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 144

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ATX +16
    Woodlands +18
    Dallas +10

Austin +17
    Woodlands +14
    Dallas +10

Overall Austin was my favorite with woodlands coming in 2nd. Loved the new venue, the pit crowd was a blast, and cooler /AC also a plus. Good drink selection inside too, and the self service marketplaces were amazing! The seats to the sides of the stage (where Peter / dmplop was) would be my 2nd choice after pit. Fun bars to go to before and after the show. Ubers were east getting around Austin in general (much better than Chicago right now.)

Woodlands lawn is nice and the heat definitely calmed down…. but no liquor for sale in the venue outside of the lounge (and you can’t leave with the drinks). The premier parking and side entrance were clutch though, along with the air conditioned lounge with merch pre-show.

Dallas tailgate was fine, just so damn hot and no bathrooms still puts this low on my favorite pre show tailgates. I do appreciate y’all bringing shade tents. Ryan, Austin, Matthew, Mason, and Joe M/Grable did a great job with shade, music, plenty of food etc. definitely appreciated for those of us flying in!!! Wouldn’t have survived otherwise. I think this is the only venue I’ve personally ever been to without any bathroom access from the lots. Bathroom lines were the worst in Dallas once inside. But, they did serve cocktails and wine inside the Dallas venue! Pit was completely packed and hot as hell. We wandered around most of this show with equal time split between the pit, bathroom/cocktail lines, and center lawn.

My priorities after 100 shows:

- Good crowd and friends around me during the show (which is why I’m mostly pit or lawn at this point… can’t control who you get stuck next to in the seats)

- well managed concessions (drinks) and bathrooms so when I leave I don’t miss more than one song

Set list obviously impacts the show but I enjoy many of the songs or hits people consider duds.

Getting Dreaming Tree Friday night was definitely a highlight! And the excitement of the other liberations on Wednesday. Also the warehouse opener was fun and unexpected. Shocked the weekend closed with a one set encore… watchtower.

The little secret (or not so secret) bonus show N0 in Austin is definitely a top DMB moment for me as well… just in the grand scheme of experiences. Catching a free set from a parking garage deck with a clear view and the Austin skyline in the background was priceless!

Can’t wait to return to Austin and explore some more.

Thanks again to everyone I’ve met in this thread over the years for a great time!

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 11:30 AM   #1395
    Chriscolebu19

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MicroGiant View Post
    Don't forget to add they played the third verse during Grey St and the woohoo chant during warehouse. It was pretty cool hearing that again live.
    yesss, the wooooo chants were bangin
    Chriscolebu19 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 11:30 AM   #1396
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    After a little time, thought I would offer a brief review. I did one for the tour opener a couple pages back.

5/13/22 The Woodlands

One thing I didn't mention in my Austin review, is the new lighting rig is awesome. It's fluid and moves all over the place. It's really badass how it can look like something from one side of the arena and look completely different if you're in the center in the back.

You Might Die Trying: A song i've seen a ton, but never expecting it to be an opener. It's fun, for what it is. It's when it's in the closing set run that I kind of despise it.

SMTS-ASTB-Too Much: It is what it is, and what it is, continues to be fun. Nothing changed much on the bridge, they did have some fun on the Too Much outro. Buddy and Dave going back and forth, but I couldn't make out if they were interpolating something or if they were just riffing.

Idea of You: Meh, although it hadn't been played in over a thousand days.

Break For It: I'll write the same as I did in the Austin thread. The song sounds the same as the iconic Alpine version from 2010. I still love it.

Tripping Billies: Nature Intro got the crowd going. Always uncomfortable when Dave messes up and says check em out Boyd at the end...It's muscle memory I guess, but I could only think about the socks.

Jimi Thing: Good spot for it on the run sheet, and I dig the unpredictable nature of not knowing what to get. Maybe they just play Jimi this year with no Sexy MF, but this might be the year of Buddy just doing his thing at the end of it and the song ending.

Madman's Eyes: Same. Good. They've got it down. It's fun.

Crash: Can't say anything about this song that you don't already know.

Breakfree: Same as the other night in Austin. The song feels neutered to me without the horn outro.

Funny The Way It Is: Didn't love that we had another repeat, but there are bigger issues in the world right?

The Dreaming Tree: Verrrry nice! Definitely sucked the air out of a lot of my section, as it was hot and some people needed a sitting song. I get it. It's very good though of course.

When The World Ends: Another repeat?

Walk Around the Moon: Good to hear again, it felt a little fatter than last year but still hard to tell and I haven't listened back yet. Don't know if the lyrics were different either.

Warehouse->Nancies: The old switcharoo.

She: Electric guitar out...hoping for So Right...expecting Louisiana Bayou...and you get She. I don't really know what to say, it's not like I dislike the song, but when the black guitar comes out i'm not dying to hear She. it's fun in the moment though once it gets going.

Granny: Fun

Grey Street: REPEAT. Grey Street mid set rocks. Grey Street as set closer...leaves you wanting more.

E1 The Maker: I'm not one of those people who is dying to hear The Maker. I get the nostalgia of it and the beauty of the song though.

E2 Why I Am: The set closer from the previous show. It's always fun, the stage and lights are great, but man it just leaves you wanting so much more based on where it is on the sheet.

All in all, a fun show, but my least favorite of the 3 in Texas. Too many repeats for my taste. Woodlands venue is great, but i'm probably good on seeing anymore shows down there.

The new lighting rig is AMAZING

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 05-16-2022, 11:47 AM   #1397
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    You should considering adding Chula to your 2022 shows since you'll be in the area. It's usually the best Southern California show. Cheers..
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 11:48 AM   #1398
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    You should considering adding Chula to your 2022 shows since you'll be in the area. It's usually the best Southern California show. Cheers..

Good seeing you Lee! Glad you make it Saturday and glad your daughter is ok!

I have pit tickets for chula but we are going to shoreline so not so sure on going back and forth… what makes it so great?

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 05-16-2022, 12:03 PM   #1399
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

the WOOs were BACK!
    Old 05-16-2022, 12:09 PM   #1400
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Good seeing you Lee! Glad you make it Saturday and glad your daughter is ok!

I have pit tickets for chula but we are going to shoreline so not so sure on going back and forth… what makes it so great?
    Crowd, setlists, venue. If not now, and you are looking to checklist venues, consider it for the future.

Shoreline is interesting with all of the hippies - if Austin has the youngest crowd of the tour, Shoreline will have the oldest. Just know, there is a strict no tailgating policy at Shoreline.

Daughter is back at school 3.5 days after surgery, so all is well.
    Old 05-16-2022, 12:38 PM   #1401
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Crowd, setlists, venue. If not now, and you are looking to checklist venues, consider it for the future.

Shoreline is interesting with all of the hippies - if Austin has the youngest crowd of the tour, Shoreline will have the oldest. Just know, there is a strict no tailgating policy at Shoreline.

Daughter is back at school 3.5 days after surgery, so all is well.

James company is HQ in Mountain View so we did premiums for shoreline. Not expecting a tailgate but more of a nice dinner out and close seats since there’s no pit. He’s going into the office that week so I can only do chula if I ditch him. Which isn’t out of the question

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 05-16-2022, 12:44 PM   #1402
    MicroGiant

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the WOOs were BACK!
    yes they were which was awesome because they weren't for the Woodlands show. It was pretty cool moment.
    MicroGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-16-2022, 11:07 PM   #1403
    GruvnDMBRiddims

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Some videos from Woodlands (101 N, inside aisle) & Dallas (Pit)... (almost)complete versions of Dreaming Tree & Seek Up

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...QK?usp=sharing

..and Dave photobombed our selfie

Last edited by GruvnDMBRiddims; 05-16-2022 at 11:12 PM.
    GruvnDMBRiddims is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2022, 12:49 AM   #1404
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

Crunching some numbers and Allison is going to end the year at 99 shows overall, counting D&T. I'm going to end at 116 shows overall, 99 DMB.

So I think we need to add one more DMB show this year. You know, cuz math.
    Old 05-17-2022, 05:53 AM   #1405
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Crunching some numbers and Allison is going to end the year at 99 shows overall, counting D&T. I'm going to end at 116 shows overall, 99 DMB.

So I think we need to add one more DMB show this year. You know, cuz math.
    hartford.
    Old 05-17-2022, 07:02 AM   #1406
    specialkd24

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

What time did they come on each night last week? I'm going early in Huntsville, I just wanted to gauge.
    specialkd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2022, 07:10 AM   #1407
    Pick Me Up Love

Shows Seen: 66

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by specialkd24 View Post
    What time did they come on each night last week? I'm going early in Huntsville, I just wanted to gauge.
    Austin was 7:46, Woodlands was 7:48, and I wasn't in Dallas but imagine it's similar.
    Pick Me Up Love is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2022, 07:59 AM   #1408
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hartford.

Matthew - I guess it depends if you want Denver to be 100 or not. If not, Chula or the Bowl - if so, I hear Deer Creek is calling your name.
    Old 05-17-2022, 09:45 AM   #1409
    kevinmavs

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pick Me Up Love View Post
    Austin was 7:46, Woodlands was 7:48, and I wasn't in Dallas but imagine it's similar.
    I think 7:47, but maybe not. Definitely similar.
    Old 05-17-2022, 10:07 AM   #1410
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes! It’s a show in and of itself!

Quote: