Stefan's Twitter - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #121
WillReconcile
 
WillReconcile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 333

Shows Seen: 0
Send a message via AIM to WillReconcile

Re: Stefan's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
oh lawd we are already getting into the post count jabs?
Haha no sorry, not a jab at anyone but him. All I'm saying is, someone with that kind of post count on a dmb board shouldn't be telling anyone they have no life because they use Twitter. Twitter is probably the most useful news tool that I use. Just because I "follow" Stefan doesn't mean I give more than 0.5 seconds to what he says on there. I've found that most people that don't use Twitter have a very skewed perception of its utility.
__________________
Martin

"Damn, and I say Damn cause Fuck..isn't nice"


P-I-T-T Lets Go Pitt!!!
WillReconcile is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #122
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy
     
    SpotlightEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: New Jersey
    Posts: 5,677

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    this is pretty inaccurate. not too surprising coming from you though.
    Not sure when I have ever posted anything inaccurate on these boards...ever.

    Saying that YMDT is a decent song does not count as "inaccurate"

    But, to reiterate, I've seen the way people use Twitter, and it does in fact seem to have a few simple definable facets: 1) Celebrities trying desperately to reignite a following of their otherwise waning career 2) Advertising, advertising, advertising, and, 3) pathetic individuals that think anyone gives a crap what they had for breakfast.

    That about sums twitter. There are always exceptions to the rule, but they are exceptions, not the rule.
    __________________
    Enough Big Whiskey Already.
    SpotlightEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #123
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy
     
    SpotlightEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: New Jersey
    Posts: 5,677

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WillReconcile View Post
    Haha no sorry, not a jab at anyone but him. All I'm saying is, someone with that kind of post count on a dmb board shouldn't be telling anyone they have no life because they use Twitter. Twitter is probably the most useful news tool that I use. Just because I "follow" Stefan doesn't mean I give more than 0.5 seconds to what he says on there. I've found that most people that don't use Twitter have a very skewed perception of its utility.
    There is nothing redeeming about it, and if you simply use it as an RSS reader, than you're not using it the way most do.
    __________________
    Enough Big Whiskey Already.
    SpotlightEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #124
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy
     
    SpotlightEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: New Jersey
    Posts: 5,677

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WillReconcile View Post
    All I'm saying is, someone with that kind of post count on a dmb board shouldn't be telling anyone they have no life because they use Twitter.
    Furthermore, I don't give a shit what you think about it. I am entitled to think that 4000 posts on ants.org over 8 years isn't all that significant or interesting...but "tweeting" people you don't know is fucking stupid.
    __________________
    Enough Big Whiskey Already.
    SpotlightEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #125
    dmbmuskie
    On Vacation
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 69,253

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #126
    Dannyyankou
     
    Dannyyankou's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Westchester, NY
    Posts: 25,031

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Not sure when I have ever posted anything inaccurate on these boards...ever.
    http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=320519
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #127
    WillReconcile
     
    WillReconcile's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh
    Posts: 333

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to WillReconcile

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Not sure when I have ever posted anything inaccurate on these boards...ever.

    Saying that YMDT is a decent song does not count as "inaccurate"

    But, to reiterate, I've seen the way people use Twitter, and it does in fact seem to have a few simple definable facets: 1) Celebrities trying desperately to reignite a following of their otherwise waning career 2) Advertising, advertising, advertising, and, 3) pathetic individuals that think anyone gives a crap what they had for breakfast.

    That about sums twitter. There are always exceptions to the rule, but they are exceptions, not the rule.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    There is nothing redeeming about it, and if you simply use it as an RSS reader, than you're not using it the way most do.
    Just to go down your messages..

    I like YMDT also.

    1.)Who has done this successfully? Charlie Sheen? Maybe a handful of celebrities re-ignited their careers based solely on Twitter.
    2.)I agree, but advertising is everywhere. This website included obviously.
    3.)Your comment is really dumbing it down, but in reality, how is it any different from someone giving their thoughts on a certain version of a song? or a time when they were reminded of Leroi? Not to mention, you're the one that chooses who you follow. If you're continuing to follow someone that is tweeting about cutting their fingernails, it's your problem, not Twitters.

    I'll be honest, I had to Google what the hell an RSS reader was. But yes, I follow mostly news organizations, sports organizations, and bloggers that re-tweet interesting articles. It's an extremely efficient way of getting news from all facets of the globe. Do I also follow some celebrities? Sure, I've also been very quick to unfollow them, especially if they post way too much stupid stuff or stuff that I'm just generally not interested in.

    As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of Twitter when used the right way. Just because some use it in other ways doesn't make it the spawn of the devil.
    __________________
    Martin

    "Damn, and I say Damn cause Fuck..isn't nice"


    P-I-T-T Lets Go Pitt!!!
    WillReconcile is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #128
    WillReconcile
     
    WillReconcile's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh
    Posts: 333

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to WillReconcile

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Furthermore, I don't give a shit what you think about it. I am entitled to think that 4000 posts on ants.org over 8 years isn't all that significant or interesting...but "tweeting" people you don't know is fucking stupid.
    1.) I'm not sure why you made entitled bold.
    2.) Are you posting messages to a message board full of people you don't know?
    __________________
    Martin

    "Damn, and I say Damn cause Fuck..isn't nice"


    P-I-T-T Lets Go Pitt!!!
    WillReconcile is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #129
    jiggajm18
    Joe
     
    jiggajm18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2005
    Location: West Chester, PA
    Posts: 20,287

    Shows Seen: 96

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Furthermore, I don't give a shit what you think about it. I am entitled to think that 4000 posts on ants.org over 8 years isn't all that significant or interesting...but "tweeting" people you don't know is fucking stupid.
    but you respond to people on ants that you don't know....
    jiggajm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #130
    jiggajm18
    Joe
     
    jiggajm18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2005
    Location: West Chester, PA
    Posts: 20,287

    Shows Seen: 96

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    There is nothing redeeming about it, and if you simply use it as an RSS reader, than you're not using it the way most do.
    literally nothing?

    it's pretty well-known that people used it to keep in touch during the arab spring a few years ago. i also know a few people who used it to check in on family after the japan earthquake.
    jiggajm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #131
    CrashTheStone41
    Cordially Invited
     
    CrashTheStone41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Across The Universe
    Posts: 41,295

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WillReconcile View Post
    Haha no sorry, not a jab at anyone but him. All I'm saying is, someone with that kind of post count on a dmb board shouldn't be telling anyone they have no life because they use Twitter. Twitter is probably the most useful news tool that I use. Just because I "follow" Stefan doesn't mean I give more than 0.5 seconds to what he says on there. I've found that most people that don't use Twitter have a very skewed perception of its utility.
    All of this is 100% correct, in my opinion. I use twitter to "follow" certain people but most of the time I use it for news and/or acquiring useful knowledge from distinguished people. I tell everyone all the time, if used correct its a faster search engine than google and gives you opinions from all over the world, not just what's getting pumped in your tv and radio and major search engines. Very useful.
    __________________
    I don't mean to interrupt you future magistrates and noblemen, but l, uh, I need a word.

    CrashTheStone41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #132
    davem#36
     
    davem#36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: Rome, GEORGIA
    Posts: 4,450

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Fonz- shut up, play what's in front of you and keep all the fist pumps to a minimum. We're all there too see carter anyway.
    __________________
    its a typical situation in these typical times...
    davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #133
    Quadrophenia92
    The river taste me
     
    Quadrophenia92's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Posts: 1,240

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    You know it's the off-season when this is the thread at the top of DMBc
    __________________
    -Forgive you, why? You hung me out to dry
    Quadrophenia92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #134
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy
     
    SpotlightEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: New Jersey
    Posts: 5,677

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jiggajm18 View Post
    but you respond to people on ants that you don't know....
    Not much I can say to someone who compares a targeted, organized, small group of people on a message board, to the disorganized nonsense that is Twitter.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jiggajm18 View Post
    literally nothing?

    it's pretty well-known that people used it to keep in touch during the arab spring a few years ago. i also know a few people who used it to check in on family after the japan earthquake.
    That's called "Media Bullshit" and paid advertising. The fact that it is "well known" is because it was a media buzz word. That kind of bullshit is intentional, and yes even during a crisis.

    If they used Twitter, they had cellular data, so they could have used ANYTHING. They could have called, text messaged, MSN messaged. But know, the word you heard on your television for a few straight days was "Twitter". That's no accident, nor is it probably realistic. The fact that you don't already realize that is enough for me to now lose all interest in this discussion.
    __________________
    Enough Big Whiskey Already.

    Last edited by SpotlightEyes; 04-04-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    SpotlightEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #135
    WillReconcile
     
    WillReconcile's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2002
    Location: Pittsburgh
    Posts: 333

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via AIM to WillReconcile

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Not much I can say to someone who compares a targeted, organized, small group of people on a message board, to the disorganized nonsense that is Twitter.


    That's called "Media Bullshit" and paid advertising. The fact that it is "well known" is because it was a media buzz word. That kind of bullshit is intentional, and yes even during a crisis.

    If they used Twitter, they had cellular data, so they could have used ANYTHING. They could have called, text messaged, MSN messaged. But know, the word you heard on your television for a few straight days was "Twitter". That's no accident, nor is it probably realistic. The fact that you don't already realize that is enough for me to now lose all interest in this discussion.
    Haha jesus man, you take yourself way too seriously. It's well-documented how Twitter has made an impact on certain world issues. Aside from those, you're seriously calling Twitter a media buzzword? Did the founder of Twitter hook up with your girlfriend or something? How can a company that is worth over $10 billion be a media buzzword? It's worth $10 billion because it's the most revolutionary way of getting news from all over the world. The same news you find on the cover of any major newspaper across the world is what you'll find at the tip of your fingers on your twitter feed. What's the difference? The fact that you don't realize this is enough for me to be completely intrigued by this discussion.
    __________________
    Martin

    "Damn, and I say Damn cause Fuck..isn't nice"


    P-I-T-T Lets Go Pitt!!!
    WillReconcile is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #136
    Musicology200
     
    Musicology200's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: Christmas Chasers
    Posts: 5,648

    Shows Seen: 65
    Send a message via AIM to Musicology200

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davem#36 View Post
    Fonz- shut up, play what's in front of you and keep all the fist pumps to a minimum. We're all there too see carter anyway.

    __________________
    Blue Water: 4:5 9/25/09, 7/6/10, 7/9/11, 7/6/12

    Little Thing: 1:1 7/6/12
    Musicology200 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #137
    thehoss
    AP#46
     
    thehoss's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: Glens Falls, NY(near LG/The Spaaaa)
    Posts: 18,272

    Shows Seen: 97
    Send a message via AIM to thehoss

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Twitter is a sensational piece of up to the SECOND information. My local news is on it, literally, I hear sirens? Twitter has the feed explaining what it is. Someone that says twitter is a buzzword? Has never used it, or has no clue how to use it.
    __________________
    -Jon-
    Jones Beach, CMAC, Spac x2(kind of)
    thehoss is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #138
    jiggajm18
    Joe
     
    jiggajm18's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2005
    Location: West Chester, PA
    Posts: 20,287

    Shows Seen: 96

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Not much I can say to someone who compares a targeted, organized, small group of people on a message board, to the disorganized nonsense that is Twitter.


    That's called "Media Bullshit" and paid advertising. The fact that it is "well known" is because it was a media buzz word. That kind of bullshit is intentional, and yes even during a crisis.

    If they used Twitter, they had cellular data, so they could have used ANYTHING. They could have called, text messaged, MSN messaged. But know, the word you heard on your television for a few straight days was "Twitter". That's no accident, nor is it probably realistic. The fact that you don't already realize that is enough for me to now lose all interest in this discussion.
    you and i both know that it is far easier to get in touch with a mass group of people using twitter than it is to call (which you have to do per person, and is more expensive internationally) and text (same deal).

    despite what you say, it actually WAS realistic during the arab spring. the medium that the organizers used was twitter.

    and i'm sorry but i don't see how communicating on here is really that different than twitter. in fact, if you judge based on communicating with people you don't know (which you brought up as being a downfall of twitter), they're even more similar. and ants is probably worse in that regards because a lot of us don't personally know each other.
    jiggajm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #139
    Mateo2k
     
    Mateo2k's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 8,554

    Shows Seen: 78

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Nerd fights are the best
    Mateo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #140
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.
     
    ajc_1988's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Pensacola, FL.
    Posts: 53,992

    Shows Seen: 153

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mateo2k View Post
    Nerd fights are the best
    no, you da best!
    __________________
    2019: P'cola. JazzFest. SPAC x2.
    ajc_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #141
    stoneje
    EADGBe
     
    stoneje's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Vermont
    Posts: 5,233

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    SpotlightEyes'd. I love this pattern:

    1. Waltz into thread
    2. Start argument
    3. Claim to have absolute right answer
    4. Ignore criticism
    5. Claim to be done posting in thread
    6. Post in thread again anyway
    7. Repeat 5 and 6 as necessary
    stoneje is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #142
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."
     
    dmbncsu's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Location: Asheville, NC
    Posts: 3,087

    Shows Seen: 36
    Send a message via AIM to dmbncsu Send a message via Yahoo to dmbncsu

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davem#36 View Post
    Fonz- shut up, play what's in front of you and keep all the fist pumps to a minimum. We're all there too see carter anyway.
    Thats ballgame folks.
    __________________
    One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain" Bob Marley
    dmbncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #143
    canes101190
    No Worries
     
    canes101190's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts: 34,393

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davem#36 View Post
    Fonz- shut up, play what's in front of you and keep all the fist pumps to a minimum. We're all there too see carter anyway.
    Every thumbs up ever to this post. Well done.
    canes101190 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #144
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 72,847

    Shows Seen: 73

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Spotlighteyes
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #145
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 72,847

    Shows Seen: 73

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Why do people dislike fonz?

    Way better than the walk ons
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #146
    dmbmuskie
    On Vacation
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 69,253

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    I'd love to see Fonz's private messages.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #147
    canes101190
    No Worries
     
    canes101190's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts: 34,393

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Hating on Twitter is very 2009. It is the most valuable news source we have at the moment. Very dumb and misguided to discredit something like Twitter.
    canes101190 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #148
    canes101190
    No Worries
     
    canes101190's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts: 34,393

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    Why do people dislike fonz?

    Way better than the walk ons
    Define "better"
    canes101190 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #149
    dmbmuskie
    On Vacation
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 69,253

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by canes101190 View Post
    Define "better"
    Was around in 98
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #150
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 72,847

    Shows Seen: 73

    Re: Stefan's Twitter

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by canes101190 View Post
    Define "better"
    Jeff ad rashawn has made dmbs sound borderline garbage
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter