Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc) - Page 13 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #361
madhatter

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

I almost forgot that they've referenced the Battle of New York in Daredevil as well. I think it was mentioned in the first episode, and there were also newspaper clippings about it in background of the reporters office.

I don't think Daredevil had much of a role in the Civil War comic book, but it seems like they're open to the possibility of including him in the movie.
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-16-2015, 07:15 AM   #362
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not sure we'll ever see DD on the big screen though. As mentioned, he's a street-level guy and the Avengers are a big-picture team. I'm sure there'll be some easter egg somewhere in one of the movies but I'm thinking he'll stay on the small screen.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #363
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I could only see DD in the Civil War arc if say Spidey has him snoop around NY looking for someone or something.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #364
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    I could only see DD in the Civil War arc if say Spidey has him snoop around NY looking for someone or something.
    I could see him maybe show up in a Spider-Man movie since it's my understanding they do cross paths in the comics on the occasion. But that's about it. I don't think he'll have anything to do with the Avengers in a straight forward manner.
    Old 04-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #365
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    I could see him maybe show up in a Spider-Man movie since it's my understanding they do cross paths in the comics on the occasion. But that's about it. I don't think he'll have anything to do with the Avengers in a straight forward manner.
    Can confirm: Daredevil and Spidey are tight. I think the real problem is just that the tone of Daredevil is so at odds with the rest of MCU
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #366
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle View Post
    Can confirm: Daredevil and Spidey are tight. I think the real problem is just that the tone of Daredevil is so at odds with the rest of MCU
    Marvel could stand to benefit from adding a little more depth to their universe. I think they'd be wise to at least have Daredevil included in one of the movies. I've read today somewhere (can't find the link anymore) that a Marvel exec said they'd be open to including any of the Netflix series characters in the movieverse if they were popular, well-received, etc.

Edit: See The Winter Soldier for a point of reference. Easily the grittiest of the Marvel offerings and it's probably their best product they've put on the big screen.
    Old 04-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #367
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

I didn't really consider Winter Soldier gritty. They keep everything pretty Disney. You get punched in the face - yet no blood.

Daredevil had a dude's head get smashed off by a car door and pretty much showed the whole thing. That's gritty.

That said, I don't think MCU would have to make things more gritty to include Daredevil in their more box office focuses. It would be more using him in an acceptable manner that made sense to the storyline.
    Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #368
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Damn, I can't wait to see how this all plays out! Watching Daredevil now...so good.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=118791
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #369
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didn't really consider Winter Soldier gritty. They keep everything pretty Disney. You get punched in the face - yet no blood.
    Yeah, I wouldn't call it a gritty movie exactly, but its a lot more of a serious movie than Marvel's other offerings (i.e. the emphasis is more on plot and intrigue than on CGI and comedy).
    Old 04-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #370
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Easily the grittiest of the Marvel offerings and it's probably their best product they've put on the big screen.
    Well, I'll agree with you there. There was a time when I would say Avengers, but I think Winter Soldier holds up better over time.
    Old 04-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #371
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, I'll agree with you there. There was a time when I would say Avengers, but I think Winter Soldier holds up better over time.
    If I were to make The Dark Knight Trilogy count as one movie, then Winter Soldier would be my 2nd favorite comic book movie. Phenomenal movie.
    Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #372
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Winter Soldier
    Guardians
    Avengers

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #373
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

I liked Guardians more than Winter Soldier. Captain has never really done it for me. Don't get me wrong, the movie is fantastic and I enjoyed it but just not my cup of tea.
    Old 04-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #374
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. The Avengers
    4. Iron Man
    5. Thor
    6. Thor: The Dark World
    7. Iron Man 3
    8. The Incredible Hulk
    9. Iron Man 2
    10. Captain America: The First Avenger
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #375
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    If I were to make The Dark Knight Trilogy count as one movie, then Winter Soldier would be my 2nd favorite comic book movie. Phenomenal movie.
    Same here. I don't think I'll ever like any superhero movies as much as the Dark Knight movies, to be honest, but Winter Soldier is just so fucking good.

Quote:
    I liked Guardians more than Winter Soldier. Captain has never really done it for me. Don't get me wrong, the movie is fantastic and I enjoyed it but just not my cup of tea.
    Yeah, I bet a lot of people do. Guardians is pretty much at the bottom of Marvel movies for me, but I know very well that I'm the odd one on that question
    Old 04-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #376
    LIOG4140

Shows Seen: 166

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They keep everything pretty Disney. You get punched in the face - yet no blood.
    Yes, death by propeller and a maid being murdered because she walked in, very Disney.

Nolan's Batman trilogy had no blood yet never hear people use that against it.
    LIOG4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #377
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LIOG4140 View Post
    Yes, death by propeller and a maid being murdered because she walked in, very Disney.

Nolan's Batman trilogy had no blood yet never hear people use that against it.
    Nolan's Batman wasn't really gritty, either, IMO. People say "gritty" when they really just mean "serious/not cartoon-y".
    Old 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #378
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

something I've been meaning to ask for awhile. In Winter Soldier, when they've abducted Sitwell and have him up on top of that roof to grill him about what Project Insight is. I get that specifically saying Steven Strange as one of the targets for Hydra threats was their cool little way of planting the first seed for the Doctor Strange movie, but he says the direct names like Strange and Bruce Banner, when Sitwell's reeling off the first things "the TV anchor in Cairo, the high school valedictorian in Iowa...", etc... does anyone know, are those easter eggs of any known Marvel characters? or are those just random nameless things the writers made up for the scene?

also I wonder how much they had to pay RDJ just to use his face for that little 2 seconds on the screen during the climax when all the other algorithim results are coming up on the computer for the guns to shoot at I mean it's so easy to miss if you don't realize it's coming, but still. There he is right in with all these other small mugshots of people you've never heard of.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by junior94; 04-17-2015 at 07:26 PM.
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 PM   #379
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    something I've been meaning to ask for awhile. In Winter Soldier, when they've abducted Sitwell and have him up on top of that roof to grill him about what Project Insight is. I get that specifically saying Steven Strange as one of the targets for Hydra threats was their cool little way of planting the first seed for the Doctor Strange movie, but he says the direct names like Strange and Bruce Banner, when Sitwell's reeling off the first things "the TV anchor in Cairo, the high school valedictorian in Iowa...", etc... does anyone know, are those easter eggs of any known Marvel characters? or are those just random nameless things the writers made up for the scene?

also I wonder how much they had to pay RDJ just to use his face for that little 2 seconds on the screen during the climax when all the other algorithim results are coming up on the computer for the guns to shoot at I mean it's so easy to miss if you don't realize it's coming, but still. There he is right in with all these other small mugshots of people you've never heard of.
    I've seen nothing but speculation regarding the Iowa reference. As for Cairo, most seem to think he meant Moon Knight.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #380
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Watching Cap 2. I just don't get how someone could think that this movie isn't 2nd behind Dark Knight as best comic book movie. Just the opening scene alone gives me goosebumps.

Now that we have the show Agent Carter, I wonder if Arnim Zola will make an appearance. I forgot he says SSR/SHIELD recruited him. He isn't that high caliber an actor, so maybe they could get him on TV.
    Old 04-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #381
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Oh cool, I don't know about the Marvel comic book universe outside the movies. I'm learning. But when they interrogate Sitwell he mentions Steve Strange/Dr. Strange. This movie connects so much.
    Old 04-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #382
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post

Whoops, didn't read back and see you already noticed Steve Strange
    Old 04-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #383
    LIOG4140

Shows Seen: 166

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Now that we have the show Agent Carter, I wonder if Arnim Zola will make an appearance. I forgot he says SSR/SHIELD recruited him. He isn't that high caliber an actor, so maybe they could get him on TV.
    He did. He was in the cell they put Doctor Faustus in.
    LIOG4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #384
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Watching Cap 2. I just don't get how someone could think that this movie isn't 2nd behind Dark Knight as best comic book movie. Just the opening scene alone gives me goosebumps.

err... Zola was used, he was in what I think literally was the very last scene in the Agent Carter finale, he was the other prisoner in the cell that they tossed the Russian doctor into. Actually a couple days ago I had someone remark that maybe I should've had my whole TWS/AoS supercut start off with that scene. The more I thought about it, wasn't a bad idea. maybe to have had that, then do like a slow dissolve into like "70 years later"... and as we come up on seeing Sam Wilson jogging in the morning.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #385
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Oh wow. I can't believe I forgot that.
    Old 04-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #386
    twostep665

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

anyone see this yet?

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/19/is-t...source=article
    Old 04-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #387
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

^^ it is pretty well done, but alas I'd say almost certainly a fugazi. The reasons not the least of which, the fact that it's still online after like at least 24 hours, that's I think when I first saw it.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #388
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, for sure a fake. Would have been cool but I think it would be odd to put the character's name after the scene, I don't think Marvel has ever done something like that after its post-credits scenes.
    Old 04-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #389
    twostep665

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

It seems that half the people think its fake and half think its real. I think fake but don't want to think fake.
    Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #390
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Fuck man, spoiler that shit

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote