WH Store Issues - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 12-23-2020, 12:02 AM   #1
DfMnB

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

WH Store Issues

Hey everyone,

Hope you all are staying safe and healthy as possible in this crazy time. I don’t know if this is the right forum to ask this, so if not then I apologize. I’m having issues with the warehouse music today store. I’ve never had any issues before and am an 18 year WH member. I ordered some stuff from the shop on 12/2 and have not only not received it, but haven’t even gotten a shipping confirmation. I reached out to them via email two weeks ago and they said due to covid and carrier delays they were behind but that my order would ship soon. It still has not and now I cannot get anyone to respond to my emails or to answer the damn phone. I understand with covid and the current state of the world that the carriers are experiencing major delays. But this has now been 20 days since I placed my order and it not even shipping is absurd. I’m just curious if anyone else is having issues or if anyone has any advice on how to get ahold of someone to find out what is going on? I just had a birthday and had family members order stuff from the store and they told me their items had not showed up yet and that no one will return their emails either. Don’t know if Cap$haw has me on some do not serve list or what.

Thanks!
DfMnB is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-23-2020, 01:51 AM   #2
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: WH Store Issues

For what it’s with I’m a member since 1/99 and placed an order 11/25 and haven’t heard jack from them either.
    Old 12-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #3
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Same situation here. Two orders, about a week apart...nothing and NO responses to emails.

It's likely far more on Music Today. I've gotten orders from at least a dozen smaller businesses, including other band/artist merch vendors that have gotten out their stuff rather quickly. The Gorge Crew's stuff ships super quick. Also, everyone should have had their new/holiday stuff on sale much earlier and provided earlier order dates for guaranteed deliveries...this was a mess.

The worst part is that we all know they won't do anything to make up for this. I dropped too much on a bunch of stuff that were to be a significant amount of Xmas gifts & goodies and it's clearly not going to get here today or tomorrow. I'd hoped they'd worked out the issues they had over the summer, and clearly they assumed they had as well, given the shipping times they provided. We'll all probably get blamed for not choosing expedited shipping or some such garbage.

While I know a bunch of stuff was preorder, they should have sent out whatever was in stock as soon as the orders were placed and again as soon as any of the new/preorder stuff arrived. I think they were holding out fo fulfill complete orders to save on shipping costs.

The reason I point at Music Today is that we ordered from Toad the Wet Sprocket too and we're experiencing the same problem...guess who handles their merch fulfillment...
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #4
    DfMnB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
    For what it’s with I’m a member since 1/99 and placed an order 11/25 and haven’t heard jack from them either.
    Good grief! Nice business practice on their part. They’ve screwed up tons of times in the past. In fact I still have family members who refuse to order from them again. But this has just been a complete clusterfuck. Thanks for the information though. Glad it’s not just me. Hopefully they get this all fixed.
    Old 12-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
    DfMnB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Same situation here. Two orders, about a week apart...nothing and NO responses to emails.

It's likely far more on Music Today. I've gotten orders from at least a dozen smaller businesses, including other band/artist merch vendors that have gotten out their stuff rather quickly. The Gorge Crew's stuff ships super quick. Also, everyone should have had their new/holiday stuff on sale much earlier and provided earlier order dates for guaranteed deliveries...this was a mess.

The worst part is that we all know they won't do anything to make up for this. I dropped too much on a bunch of stuff that were to be a significant amount of Xmas gifts & goodies and it's clearly not going to get here today or tomorrow. I'd hoped they'd worked out the issues they had over the summer, and clearly they assumed they had as well, given the shipping times they provided. We'll all probably get blamed for not choosing expedited shipping or some such garbage.

While I know a bunch of stuff was preorder, they should have sent out whatever was in stock as soon as the orders were placed and again as soon as any of the new/preorder stuff arrived. I think they were holding out fo fulfill complete orders to save on shipping costs.

The reason I point at Music Today is that we ordered from Toad the Wet Sprocket too and we're experiencing the same problem...guess who handles their merch fulfillment...
    Yeah it’s definitely Music Today and like you said we all know they won’t make it right or give a damn about the whole thing. I was hopeful they had gotten things fixed since the summer as well. Guess I gave them too much credit. They did reply to my one email and blamed their delay on “new cleaning and safety measurements due to the covid-19 pandemic.” That totally would have been acceptable back in April, May, heck even August. Hopefully they pull their heads out of their asses and get things shipped. I still don’t get how something ordered on 12/2, or freaking November can not ship out yet. I’ve ordered from a bunch of small businesses as well and had everything within 10-12 days.
    Old 12-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #6
    DoDaFoo
    I'll do the same

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I ordered the WH Session poster and a pair of shorts on 11/19. They were due to ship on 12/11 and their status is "In Progress". I know there are delays with shipping carriers right now, but they havent even shipped yet. It's quite pitiful.

2024 - D&T Mexico for my 100th show! + Pine Knob, SPAC, Gorge, and Bourbon & Beyond
    DoDaFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2020, 05:08 PM   #7
    Royal123

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

The vinyl box sets for trax 6 and 7 were set to ship on 12/8 for me, been delayed, now USPS shows the 28th as expected delivery
    Royal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2020, 05:48 PM   #8
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Warehouse strikes again!

Nothing new here... smh.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2020, 06:09 PM   #9
    jarguitar86
    Content and Dreaming

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I'm in this boat too. Ordered both LT vinyls on 11/30. Got confirmation email, PO#, money taken from account. Haven't gotten a confirmation email that my order has shipped, and when I emailed the WH "support", I've been ghosted. Called music today this morning and the nice lady that looked into it just said "eh, it looks like the WH is still processing your order". So my "In Process" status means nothing has been shipped, they're apparently too busy to acknowledge all of us (must be a new album or a tour in the works) & we all sit in waiting wondering if our orders are ever going to be fulfilled. Not going to lie, this thread makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not alone, but damn, it still sucks!
    Old 12-23-2020, 07:34 PM   #10
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Pre-ordered the latest Live Trax. A label was created Dec 8th (I think). But thats it. Nothing has shipped, even though the e-mail from the Warehouse says it's shipped. The link in the e-mail for the tracking says a label has been created.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-24-2020, 05:20 AM   #11
    Royal123

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

The latest trax 54 actually arrived on time for my preorder about a week ago, go figure
    Royal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #12
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

I placed an order on 11/20 and another on 11/29...I received a shipping notice (which was actually just a shipping label has been printed) for the 11/29 order yesterday afternoon. Obviously neither is getting here for tomorrow. Today at about 10am I got another notice from Music Today for my Toad the Wet Sprocket order...also really just shipping label generated.

So lame. Sending a long email to the DMB WH shop (again, this is really just Music Today and the WH has ZERO control over anything they do), which I believe will be summarily ignored as it their track record.

Happy Holidays everyone.
    Old 12-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #13
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Don't let the WH off the hook. They are choosing to partner with MT.
    Old 12-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #14
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Don't let the WH off the hook. They are choosing to partner with MT.
    I doubt that's a WH decision, more like a Red Light decision. Music Today is one of the largest artist/band merch vendors working w/ more of the bigger artists than pretty much most others. I'd guess they were chosen based on that, but apparently they are unable to roll w/ changes to which others have already adjusted. I'm talking about Blackbird, Kung Fu, and many others in their market, but there's also all of the other vendors and merchants of all sizes that are getting their orders processed and shipped in a timely manner.

That said, I could be wrong about who selected it, but there's no way that the WH holds any sway over MT...just another customer among many, and seemingly NOT one they prioritize. Which is not to say that I would expect to put DMB at the top of their list UNLESS the sales showed that they deserved better/special treatment.
    Old 12-24-2020, 09:06 PM   #15
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I doubt that's a WH decision, more like a Red Light decision. Music Today is one of the largest artist/band merch vendors working w/ more of the bigger artists than pretty much most others. I'd guess they were chosen based on that, but apparently they are unable to roll w/ changes to which others have already adjusted. I'm talking about Blackbird, Kung Fu, and many others in their market, but there's also all of the other vendors and merchants of all sizes that are getting their orders processed and shipped in a timely manner.

That said, I could be wrong about who selected it, but there's no way that the WH holds any sway over MT...just another customer among many, and seemingly NOT one they prioritize. Which is not to say that I would expect to put DMB at the top of their list UNLESS the sales showed that they deserved better/special treatment.

So who is the Warehouse? It's not MT. It's not Red Light. It's not the band. So who are they and what do they do?
    Old 12-25-2020, 01:09 AM   #16
    eggsrsweet

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Listen, I have a lot of problems with Warehouse/Musictoday/Coran... but I could really give two shits about whether my packages show up on time. Hell, back in March/April when they sold those Firedancer masks, it took at least two months to receive mine but it didn’t really bother me that much. Just so long as I got them eventually, which I did; I called them once just to make sure my order wasn’t missed/deleted accidentally.

I also just flat out don’t order shit online that much. I know it sounds corny too but... just be grateful you have the ability to order stuff online easily and be grateful for the workers who are working through a god damn pandemic (that is spreading now more than ever)... seriously, complaining about stuff like this after everything that’s happened this year just seems silly. To me at least. You’re free to feel however you want though... you spent money on a product and expected to receive it by a certain time... I get it. I just don’t feel the same way.

That said, I’m also waiting on my LT6 vinyl.
    eggsrsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-25-2020, 01:32 AM   #17
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eggsrsweet View Post
    Listen, I have a lot of problems with Warehouse/Musictoday/Coran... but I could really give two shits about whether my packages show up on time. Hell, back in March/April when they sold those Firedancer masks, it took at least two months to receive mine but it didn’t really bother me that much. Just so long as I got them eventually, which I did; I called them once just to make sure my order wasn’t missed/deleted accidentally.

I also just flat out don’t order shit online that much. I know it sounds corny too but... just be grateful you have the ability to order stuff online easily and be grateful for the workers who are working through a god damn pandemic (that is spreading now more than ever)... seriously, complaining about stuff like this after everything that’s happened this year just seems silly. To me at least. You’re free to feel however you want though... you spent money on a product and expected to receive it by a certain time... I get it. I just don’t feel the same way.

That said, I’m also waiting on my LT6 vinyl.

Nah... I order a fuck ton of stuff online and good companies are upfront about what their distribution times are going to be like. Blaming it on shipping companies is horse shit. I've ordered plenty of stuff, not Amazon, that went through normal shipping channels and arrived timely. This is clearly more that they are just not getting it to the shipper. They create the label and it just sits in the warehouse.
    Ok, it's a pandemic, and the two handicapped gorillas that they have working in the MT warehouse bending posters and tearing shirts are strained. Fine. Say that. Up front. Stop taking people's money without telling them you have absolutely no idea when you can get them their damaged items.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 12-25-2020 at 01:33 AM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #18
    SeanMH
    GoWokeGoBroke

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

if anyone wants it.... I have a 15% off promo code for the WH... not sure if it expires or when... first to PM, its free

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klize17 View Post
    Last nights was the best version of Satellite I have ever heard.
    SeanMH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-26-2020, 04:21 AM   #19
    Cscottrun

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Just to bring some clarity to this (and I only say that because based on your post it seems like you may not know this), Red Light is owned and run by Coran Capshaw. Music Today is owned and run by Coran Capshaw. The WH is partnered with Music Today (because of Coran Capshaw). WH=Music Today=Coran Capshaw=DMB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-26-2020, 08:04 AM   #20
    DfMnB

My Tour Central Stats

So in a very weird and un-music today-like way, my order showed up on my doorstep on Christmas Eve at 6 pm. Still never received a shipping confirmation or tracking info. In fact, at first I thought someone in the thread must secretly work for the WH and told Music Today to get their shit in order. Then I realized it was just a Christmas miracle. The family members who still order from them ordered stuff back in November and first week of December for birthday and Christmas for me. They have all still not gotten any replies to emails nor any shipping information. I understand we are in the middle of a pandemic and there are much more important things going on, but the fact that they have not been up front about whatever in the hell it is they’re doing is complete and utter bullshit. Other, even smaller companies, have shipped stuff out and it all came within the duration they stated. Anyways, I hope everyone had a nice holiday and hope everyone gets their stuff soon. Stay safe.
    Old 12-26-2020, 08:11 AM   #21
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Just to bring some clarity to this (and I only say that because based on your post it seems like you may not know this), Red Light is owned and run by Coran Capshaw. Music Today is owned and run by Coran Capshaw. The WH is partnered with Music Today (because of Coran Capshaw). WH=Music Today=Coran Capshaw=DMB.

=WH

Kinda surprised how many seemed to not know they are all “one in the same”
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #22
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Ok, so it is “them”, not surprised...except by any notion that anyone would have that this would be common knowledge. So the band is just as responsible for not looking out for their fans as WH, RL, CC, & MT...whatever.

The bottom line, shitty customer service. But I still wouldn’t assume that the WH is the store. I can’t be the only person that has worked at businesses where, despite the same ownership, many of the parts/departments were essentially autonomous. I helped put together a catalog, but we had NOTHING to do w/ the brick & mortar retail outlets that sold all of the same stuff...

Also, the ownership/control and distribution chain does not include shipping. The USPS was set up to fail this year, but it really only worked for Xmas.
    Old 12-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #23
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I was going with the Socratic approach, but yea, FF, this is the answer.
    Old 12-26-2020, 10:32 PM   #24
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ok, so it is “them”, not surprised...except by any notion that anyone would have that this would be common knowledge. So the band is just as responsible for not looking out for their fans as WH, RL, CC, & MT...whatever.

The bottom line, shitty customer service. But I still wouldn’t assume that the WH is the store. I can’t be the only person that has worked at businesses where, despite the same ownership, many of the parts/departments were essentially autonomous. I helped put together a catalog, but we had NOTHING to do w/ the brick & mortar retail outlets that sold all of the same stuff...

Also, the ownership/control and distribution chain does not include shipping. The USPS was set up to fail this year, but it really only worked for Xmas.

If your order status only says "Shipping label created" that is not USPS. If it's stuck in transit, like the two racquets I ordered are, that's on USPS. Sounds like, for most people, their product has not even left the warehouse (little w).
    Old 12-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #25
    lilant420

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Tomorrow will be 14 days since I received my LT 7 vinyl... yes, 14 days. I ordered LT 6 with it at the same time and still have not got it. Riddle me that. ha
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #26
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Well, I received a package from Music Today today. It had the vest I ordered back on 11/25 or so and the Live Trax Vol. 7 but is missing the guitar pick keychain I ordered. Upon further inspection this package isn't even mine. It's for some dude in Walnut Creek, CA with a different order completely but somehow arrived at my house. Only thing we both bought was the vest....so if you're in CA missing your vest let me know Emailed Music Today but we'll see how this plays out.
    Old 12-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #27
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I ordered a shirt on 12/10 and it still shows "In Progress."

Just some additional information on their site, which I have copied and pasted below for those who don't have it or didn't see it posted:

Submit a Question to: dmbhelp@musictoday.com
    Help Us Help You
    When contacting our Customer Care team, please include the following information so we can resolve your issue as quickly as possible:
    Your name
    Your order number (if you have one)
    A description of your issue
    Your desired resolution
    All inquiries are typically responded to within 48 business hours

COVID-19 Response:

Will COVID-19 impact my order?

Some customers may experience shipping delays. We are taking extra precautions in our fulfillment center to ensure our teams remain safe, but we are processing orders on time.

Our carriers are experiencing some delays due to the pandemic or high volume which may add additional transit time for domestic orders.

Shipments to destinations outside the US are expected to be delayed by 2-3 weeks due to transportation issues outside of our control.

Additionally, on advice of our shipping partners we are not accepting orders for the following countries on a temporary basis. Carriers are not accepting packages destined for these countries at this time.
    Brunei
    Cape Verde
    Chad
    Cuba
    Fiji
    French Guiana
    Guadeloupe
    Guinea
    Lebanon
    Liberia
    Martinique
    Mauritania
    Mauritius
    Niger
    Reunion
    Saint Pierre And Miquelon
    Seychelles
    Sierra Leone
    Sudan
    Tajikistan
    Timor-leste
    Tonga
    Turkmenistan
    Ukraine
    Yemen

You will receive a confirmation email with tracking once your order has shipped. We thank you for your patience & understanding.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2021, 10:11 AM   #28
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

regarding the above post, just checked my Fedex tracker and apparently I will be receiving my shirt tomorrow. Maybe they are finally catching up with orders? You may want to refresh your tracking status this week to see of any new developments. I'll check back later here with an update if there are any.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2021, 10:46 AM   #29
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    I ordered a shirt on 12/10 and it still shows "In Progress."

Just some additional information on their site, which I have copied and pasted below for those who don't have it or didn't see it posted:

Submit a Question to: dmbhelp@musictoday.com
    Help Us Help You
    When contacting our Customer Care team, please include the following information so we can resolve your issue as quickly as possible:
    Your name
    Your order number (if you have one)
    A description of your issue
    Your desired resolution
    All inquiries are typically responded to within 48 business hours

COVID-19 Response:

Will COVID-19 impact my order?

Some customers may experience shipping delays. We are taking extra precautions in our fulfillment center to ensure our teams remain safe, but we are processing orders on time.

Our carriers are experiencing some delays due to the pandemic or high volume which may add additional transit time for domestic orders.

Shipments to destinations outside the US are expected to be delayed by 2-3 weeks due to transportation issues outside of our control.

Additionally, on advice of our shipping partners we are not accepting orders for the following countries on a temporary basis. Carriers are not accepting packages destined for these countries at this time.
    Brunei
    Cape Verde
    Chad
    Cuba
    Fiji
    French Guiana
    Guadeloupe
    Guinea
    Lebanon
    Liberia
    Martinique
    Mauritania
    Mauritius
    Niger
    Reunion
    Saint Pierre And Miquelon
    Seychelles
    Sierra Leone
    Sudan
    Tajikistan
    Timor-leste
    Tonga
    Turkmenistan
    Ukraine
    Yemen

You will receive a confirmation email with tracking once your order has shipped. We thank you for your patience & understanding.

Thanks for posting this. Sent an e-mail earlier, but sent it to the wrong address. Just copied and pasted from the e- mail you provided. Hoping to hear something by Thursday.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2021, 11:28 AM   #30
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Supposedly getting my 11/29 order today by 9PM and my 11/20 order showing up by 9PM tomorrow. Again, I won't hold my breath. the 11/29 order was supposed to be delivered on 12/31, but then it was delayed...

The USPS is good and screwed, as was the plan. It'll get righted, but it'll take a few months...AFTER inauguration.