***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022*** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2022, 06:12 PM   #31
TypicalBilly14
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6,508

Shows Seen: 0

Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

My sister-in-law lives in Milford, probably 10 minutes away and I'm passing at this point unless they do single day tickets.
TypicalBilly14 is online now   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-18-2022, 02:11 PM   #32
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 13,610

    Shows Seen: 80

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Brandi and Dave are playing on the same day...Spoon? It's been 9 years since I heard it for the first and only time.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2022, 06:28 PM   #33
    SomeDo
    Some people do
     
    SomeDo's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: WI
    Posts: 1,428

    Shows Seen: 86

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Surprised that a few of the ticket tiers has sold out already. I guess I slept on buying the GA+ tickets. Just joined the waitlist, will see how that goes….
    SomeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-29-2022, 09:43 AM   #34
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 13,610

    Shows Seen: 80

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Sunday line up with D&T looking really good:

    https://soundonsoundct.com/wp-conten...pyr-scaled.jpg
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #35
    Eric_Music
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: CT
    Posts: 220

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    single day tickets Finally announced. Price is a bit steep but as Cscottrun said, that Sunday line up is looking real enticing
    Eric_Music is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-29-2022, 09:54 AM   #36
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 13,610

    Shows Seen: 80

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eric_Music View Post
    single day tickets Finally announced. Price is a bit steep but as Cscottrun said, that Sunday line up is looking real enticing
    I bought two day tix since I was uncertain that there would be single day tix for sale. Kinda kicking myself now but it is what it is.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-29-2022, 09:55 AM   #37
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 13,610

    Shows Seen: 80

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    This has got to be a guaranteed Spoon w/ Brandi right? I just hope they don't do CT instead.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-01-2022, 09:23 PM   #38
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,148

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Does GA+ really that much better than GA? From what I read it looks like GA wouldn't be awful, trying to picture one vs the other
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2022, 05:46 PM   #39
    Timebomb07
    Huck it, Rodgers.
     
    Timebomb07's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: San Diego, CA
    Posts: 12,684

    Shows Seen: 48

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Bought Sunday tickets. I'm back in CT for a wedding the day before, so it made too much sense. Last time seeing Dave was a D&T show in 2017, so excited for that part alone. Also really looking forward to Gary Clark Jr, who I missed out on seeing last time he was in San Diego.
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2022, 10:59 AM   #40
    whyiam34
    Storrs Forever
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: NYC
    Posts: 1,561

    Shows Seen: 83

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SomeDo View Post
    Surprised that a few of the ticket tiers has sold out already. I guess I slept on buying the GA+ tickets. Just joined the waitlist, will see how that goes….
    I'm selling GA+ well under face value if you're still interested!
    whyiam34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 11:34 PM   #41
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,368

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Forgot to pop in here but a few weeks ago they released a map of the festival and it got tons of backlash. GA+ areas were not in the "heart of the festival" and there were no breakdowns of the map other than an "official map" would be coming soon. It was pulled from the website and social media pages a few hours later and still no updated map.

    Made a video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRe...=Concertvids34

    Hopefully the promoters and staff get it together and this festival turns out ok.
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 10:36 AM   #42
    chumm41
    Power to stage left
     
    chumm41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Milford,Connecticut
    Posts: 2,086

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    Forgot to pop in here but a few weeks ago they released a map of the festival and it got tons of backlash. GA+ areas were not in the "heart of the festival" and there were no breakdowns of the map other than an "official map" would be coming soon. It was pulled from the website and social media pages a few hours later and still no updated map.

    Made a video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRe...=Concertvids34

    Hopefully the promoters and staff get it together and this festival turns out ok.
    This has Fyre Festival 2.0 written all over it. People on the Facebook SOS group were talking about sleeping in their cars in the Stratford Wal Mart because there are no campgrounds in BRIDGEPORT. Going to be a disaster
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC x2, MSG x2
    chumm41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 10:43 AM   #43
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,148

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    I was planning on going to this but haven't bought tickets yet, since it sounds like it's going to be a disaster I might hold off and just go to a stop on the DMB fall tour
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 12:29 PM   #44
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 13,610

    Shows Seen: 80

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chumm41 View Post
    This has Fyre Festival 2.0 written all over it. People on the Facebook SOS group were talking about sleeping in their cars in the Stratford Wal Mart because there are no campgrounds in BRIDGEPORT. Going to be a disaster
    I mean...there are hotels around and airbnbs. Don't think the fact that there is no camping is on the festival. We are talking about a two day new festival in Bridgeport, not the middle of no where.

    And I'm not trying to make excuses for them either. The original map they drew up (which was clearly half-assed in the first place) was horrible. Lexie and I couldn't figure out why GA+ had no view of the stage haha.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 04:23 PM   #45
    chumm41
    Power to stage left
     
    chumm41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: Milford,Connecticut
    Posts: 2,086

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I mean...there are hotels around and airbnbs. Don't think the fact that there is no camping is on the festival. We are talking about a two day new festival in Bridgeport, not the middle of no where.

    And I'm not trying to make excuses for them either. The original map they drew up (which was clearly half-assed in the first place) was horrible. Lexie and I couldn't figure out why GA+ had no view of the stage haha.
    It just boggles my mind people are coming from all over the country and thinking they are camping in Bridgeport. Yeah no lol. Wasn't there also something where they sold VIP tickets that included drinks and food and now there is nothing included with it? I dont know, I live in Milford and am just going to save money for the possible winter tour anyway
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC x2, MSG x2
    chumm41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 06:38 PM   #46
    ccarey23
     
    ccarey23's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Shelton, CT.
    Posts: 622

    Shows Seen: 87

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    There are a ton of hotels within 15 mins. I live in Shelton and we have 9. Like 15 mins from venue
    ccarey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #47
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.
     
    Cozmic135's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Posts: 22,571

    Shows Seen: 150

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chumm41 View Post
    This has Fyre Festival 2.0 written all over it. People on the Facebook SOS group were talking about sleeping in their cars in the Stratford Wal Mart because there are no campgrounds in BRIDGEPORT. Going to be a disaster
    Not every festival has camping. Nothing can turn out as horribly as Fyre. This isn’t end of world stuff here… people aren’t only coming for D&T.
    Cozmic135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2022, 05:37 PM   #48
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,368

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    The Black Pumas just cancelled all 2022 shows/festivals including Sound on Sound

    The Roots have been added to Sound on Sound for Sunday as a replacement act!

    Saw the Roots just up the road in New Haven, CT on SPAC N0 in July and loved them. As a hip hop fan who has seen Nas, Jay, Snoop, and many other hip hop legends the roots was the most impressive live hip hop act I have seen live. Doubt they will play with Dave and Tim but still pumped.
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2022, 08:41 PM   #49
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 6,508

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    anybody know where specifically D&T are playing or where the fairgrounds are near?
    TypicalBilly14 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2022, 10:48 PM   #50
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,368

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    anybody know where specifically D&T are playing or where the fairgrounds are near?
    3 minutes into this video I go over the preliminary map they put up.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRe...=Concertvids34

    Search Seaside park in Bridgeport, CT on google maps and youll see where the location is as well. There is a PT Barnum Statue that will most likely be near the actual stage.
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-23-2022, 09:21 PM   #51
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 6,508

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    3 minutes into this video I go over the preliminary map they put up.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRe...=Concertvids34

    Search Seaside park in Bridgeport, CT on google maps and youll see where the location is as well. There is a PT Barnum Statue that will most likely be near the actual stage.
    okay, thanks.
    TypicalBilly14 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 10:21 AM   #52
    PJDMB42
    Feed ur goat cig butts
     
    PJDMB42's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Austin TX
    Posts: 783

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    They released the schedule last night. As someone who bought terrace VIP I’m hopeful this will be an awesome fest! They did change it from unlimited free drinks to max 4 per day but not sure how they are going to monitor that.

    https://soundonsoundct.com/schedule/
    PJDMB42 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #53
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 13,610

    Shows Seen: 80

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PJDMB42 View Post
    They released the schedule last night. As someone who bought terrace VIP I’m hopeful this will be an awesome fest! They did change it from unlimited free drinks to max 4 per day but not sure how they are going to monitor that.

    https://soundonsoundct.com/schedule/
    Wtf, they changed that after they advertised unlimited drinks before you bought it?
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 10:27 AM   #54
    PJDMB42
    Feed ur goat cig butts
     
    PJDMB42's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Austin TX
    Posts: 783

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Yes when I bought them it was advertised as open bar now it says this…

    Dedicated Terrace-only bars with complimentary beer, wines, and cocktails (4 drink maximum per day)

    Pretty shitty considering how much I paid for the tickets.
    PJDMB42 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 10:28 AM   #55
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 6,508

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chumm41 View Post
    This has Fyre Festival 2.0 written all over it. People on the Facebook SOS group were talking about sleeping in their cars in the Stratford Wal Mart because there are no campgrounds in BRIDGEPORT. Going to be a disaster
    Are you saying this will be a Netflix special in 5 years?

    Also for those going, Two Roads Brewery is not far away and has great beer, but I'm sure it will be a madhouse. There is a roof deck on the adjacent building, fyi, but get there EARLY as there will be a wait list.

    Stony Creek brewery is cool, too.
    TypicalBilly14 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 04:03 PM   #56
    Muirk
     
    Join Date: Jan 2022
    Location: Portland, OR
    Posts: 71

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Just chiming in to say I’m super excited for this! We’re visiting all the way from Oregon because the lineup is way too good to miss. We’re rocking GA so hopefully the revised map allows us entry lol.
    Muirk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 05:19 PM   #57
    mquerques92
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Location: CT
    Posts: 733

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    Are you saying this will be a Netflix special in 5 years?

    Also for those going, Two Roads Brewery is not far away and has great beer, but I'm sure it will be a madhouse. There is a roof deck on the adjacent building, fyi, but get there EARLY as there will be a wait list.

    Stony Creek brewery is cool, too.
    Vibes at Stony Creek can't be beat, but Two Roads beer reigns supreme
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 07:22 PM   #58
    PJDMB42
    Feed ur goat cig butts
     
    PJDMB42's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Austin TX
    Posts: 783

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Is there any kind of ants meetup?
    PJDMB42 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-27-2022, 07:53 PM   #59
    DMB24Illini
     
    DMB24Illini's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Chicago
    Posts: 3,078

    Shows Seen: 269

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    anyone selling tix? need a single to sunday
    __________________
    I - L - L

    255 shows, 25 states, 10 countries :)
    DMB24Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-28-2022, 12:38 PM   #60
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,368

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: ***Official D&T Sound on Sound - September 25, 2022***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Muirk View Post
    Just chiming in to say I’m super excited for this! We’re visiting all the way from Oregon because the lineup is way too good to miss. We’re rocking GA so hopefully the revised map allows us entry lol.
    If you have time or a non festival day i strongly suggest grabbing some New Haven pizza. Bar has a mashed potato pizza that is legendary and Pepes, Sally's and Modern are some of my other favorites.

    New haven is about 25 to 30 minutes from Bridgeport with traffic and there is train service to and from both cities.
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram