***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread*** - Page 14 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2022, 10:57 AM   #391
grilldanmo
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,876

Shows Seen: 37

Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

I posted this in the Hartford thread, but it belongs here too:

One of things I've noticed about the MansFord weekend is they seem particularly Jeff heavy, and I freaking LOVE that.

It stood out in 2018, '19, & '22.
grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-22-2022, 12:12 PM   #392
    jjr4884
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    I posted this in the Hartford thread, but it belongs here too:

    One of things I've noticed about the MansFord weekend is they seem particularly Jeff heavy, and I freaking LOVE that.

    It stood out in 2018, '19, & '22.
    Hey bud - circling back on Mansfield poster. You want to connect briefly in Saratoga so I can hand if off or do you want it shipped? I can get it out this weekend if you prefer it shipped.
    __________________
    No longer in search of a 2009 Fall Limited Taylor 414ce :)
    jjr4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2022, 01:04 PM   #393
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 5,876

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
    Hey bud - circling back on Mansfield poster. You want to connect briefly in Saratoga so I can hand if off or do you want it shipped? I can get it out this weekend if you prefer it shipped.
    Shipped can work if you don't want to have to worry about having to bring the poster to SPAC. I hate to add the expense of shipping...
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2022, 01:42 PM   #394
    jjr4884
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Shipped can work if you don't want to have to worry about having to bring the poster to SPAC. I hate to add the expense of shipping...
    I'm flexible and bringing the poster to SPAC won't be an issue at all. I'll be up there from Thursday morning until mid-late Sunday so meeting up in town or even at the venue during tailgating will not be an issue at all. If you want to avoid the expense of shipping i'll gladly meet you in Saratoga
    __________________
    No longer in search of a 2009 Fall Limited Taylor 414ce :)
    jjr4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 09:55 AM   #395
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy
     
    TempHelpNeeded's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Boston
    Posts: 41,514

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    Huge venue? Mansfield is literally the same type of stop as anything else on the calendar outside of the destination venues. It isn't a 2 night stand, it isn't anything more special than anywhere else.
    Definitely not a "huge" venue. But in terms of stops for the band, MA ain't just a watering hole.
    __________________
    - Greg -
    *Registered AntsMarching.org Offender*
    "This is Tokyo. Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination."

    TempHelpNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 09:58 AM   #396
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy
     
    TempHelpNeeded's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Boston
    Posts: 41,514

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Also, how am I the first person to mention "Funny How Time Slips Away"?! Are y'all on crack in here? For my 20th year seeing DMB at Mansfield, I thought that was a fitting song to (almost) end the evening. The setlist was solid and honestly this is the best sound I've heard from DMB since post-2018. I feel like this new form of DMB is finally clicking at full speed.
    __________________
    - Greg -
    *Registered AntsMarching.org Offender*
    "This is Tokyo. Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination."

    TempHelpNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 04:39 PM   #397
    Beauford3641
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 29

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TempHelpNeeded View Post
    Also, how am I the first person to mention "Funny How Time Slips Away"?! Are y'all on crack in here? For my 20th year seeing DMB at Mansfield, I thought that was a fitting song to (almost) end the evening. The setlist was solid and honestly this is the best sound I've heard from DMB since post-2018. I feel like this new form of DMB is finally clicking at full speed.
    That set had so much good shit in it. I had zero complaints.
    Beauford3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 04:39 PM   #398
    madpiker
     
    madpiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Dallas, Texas
    Posts: 15,079

    Shows Seen: 116

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beauford3641 View Post
    That set had so much good shit in it. I had zero complaints.
    ZERO complaints? christ..
    __________________
    ~Ryan
    2022 - Texas Two-Step + 1, Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC x2, Gorge x3

    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 06:56 PM   #399
    TypicalBilly14
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 6,055

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    I think Piker hitchhiked from Texas and is just upset about his commute back.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 07:20 PM   #400
    madpiker
     
    madpiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Dallas, Texas
    Posts: 15,079

    Shows Seen: 116

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    I think Piker hitchhiked from Texas and is just upset about his commute back.
    I legit LOLd at this.
    __________________
    ~Ryan
    2022 - Texas Two-Step + 1, Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC x2, Gorge x3

    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 11:18 PM   #401
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy
     
    TempHelpNeeded's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Boston
    Posts: 41,514

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Yeah, not sure of the negativity. It isn’t a beauty from 2000, but I thought they sounded great and the sounds were all there. There were some solid stretches of songs.
    __________________
    - Greg -
    *Registered AntsMarching.org Offender*
    "This is Tokyo. Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination."

    TempHelpNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 11:21 PM   #402
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 51,304

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    I liked both but Mansfield over Hartford, seats were terrible in Mansfield and amazing at Hartford as well
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2022, 11:40 PM   #403
    madpiker
     
    madpiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Dallas, Texas
    Posts: 15,079

    Shows Seen: 116

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TempHelpNeeded View Post
    Yeah, not sure of the negativity. It isn’t a beauty from 2000, but I thought they sounded great and the sounds were all there. There were some solid stretches of songs.
    I already outlined my negativity towards the set earlier. pretty simple.

    FIVE (-) songs for me, just unheard of.

    no denying the band sounds TIGHT and locked in, maybe more than ever right now.

    I also had an absolute BLAST at the show, so don't confuse my critiquing the setlist with me just being a no fun negative nancy. definitely not the case.
    __________________
    ~Ryan
    2022 - Texas Two-Step + 1, Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC x2, Gorge x3

    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2022, 07:09 AM   #404
    Beauford3641
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 29

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    ZERO complaints? christ..
    Honestly? I really don't. A whole bunch of songs I hadn't seen them play previously, Seek Up that I was chasing for 22 fucking years and 20+ shows and almost always *just* missed, and songs like Best, Jane, So Right, tour debut of DIDO, Lover Lay Down, LIOG, etc. I don't mind songs like Satellite or Crash either. Sure it was a more chill set, but I really did enjoy it all. Plus, I'm a drummer. And Carter was just kicking ass all night.
    Beauford3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #405
    madpiker
     
    madpiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Dallas, Texas
    Posts: 15,079

    Shows Seen: 116

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beauford3641 View Post
    Honestly? I really don't. A whole bunch of songs I hadn't seen them play previously, Seek Up that I was chasing for 22 fucking years and 20+ shows and almost always *just* missed, and songs like Best, Jane, So Right, tour debut of DIDO, Lover Lay Down, LIOG, etc. I don't mind songs like Satellite or Crash either. Sure it was a more chill set, but I really did enjoy it all. Plus, I'm a drummer. And Carter was just kicking ass all night.
    well yeah, you listed all the kick ass songs I love too

    Crash and satellite are (-) songs for me.
    TGIY (the jam outro is great)
    You & Me
    Come On Come On


    woof
    __________________
    ~Ryan
    2022 - Texas Two-Step + 1, Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC x2, Gorge x3

    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2022, 10:55 AM   #406
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy
     
    TempHelpNeeded's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Boston
    Posts: 41,514

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    I already outlined my negativity towards the set earlier. pretty simple.

    FIVE (-) songs for me, just unheard of.

    no denying the band sounds TIGHT and locked in, maybe more than ever right now.

    I also had an absolute BLAST at the show, so don't confuse my critiquing the setlist with me just being a no fun negative nancy. definitely not the case.
    Understood. I get your point now. I mean I won't deny there are a few songs I'd rather not hear or songs I've heard wayyyy too much (i.e. Don't Drink the Water). I guess I've just come to expect a handful of songs at each show where I'd go "meh."

    If I get a show with just one or two negative songs I'll probably stop going to shows cause it'll never happen that way again.
    __________________
    - Greg -
    *Registered AntsMarching.org Offender*
    "This is Tokyo. Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination."

    TempHelpNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2022, 11:39 AM   #407
    jjr4884
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    I also had an absolute BLAST at the show, so don't confuse my critiquing the setlist with me just being a no fun negative nancy. definitely not the case.
    I was gonna say - you were teary-eyed and hugging everyone around you when You & Me came on.
    __________________
    No longer in search of a 2009 Fall Limited Taylor 414ce :)
    jjr4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2022, 11:42 AM   #408
    jjr4884
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    I know I'm going to get flak for this but I really think YMDT is a great song. The guitar riff has a semi-Stone feel to it (it plays similar on the guitar) and overall its a powerful song live. I miss the extended scats that DM used to do with the outro - for me, its either that or bust, ESPECIALLY when its a set/encore closer.

    Clearly not a top song for me to hear, but it has the potential to be a badass song (again)
    __________________
    No longer in search of a 2009 Fall Limited Taylor 414ce :)
    jjr4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2022, 11:51 AM   #409
    madpiker
     
    madpiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Dallas, Texas
    Posts: 15,079

    Shows Seen: 116

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
    I was gonna say - you were teary-eyed and hugging everyone around you when You & Me came on.
    you weren't supposed to tell anyone about that..


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
    I know I'm going to get flak for this but I really think YMDT is a great song. The guitar riff has a semi-Stone feel to it (it plays similar on the guitar) and overall its a powerful song live. I miss the extended scats that DM used to do with the outro - for me, its either that or bust, ESPECIALLY when its a set/encore closer.

    Clearly not a top song for me to hear, but it has the potential to be a badass song (again)
    I love YMDT..
    __________________
    ~Ryan
    2022 - Texas Two-Step + 1, Mansfield, Hartford, SPAC x2, Gorge x3

    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2022, 11:52 AM   #410
    jjr4884
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Posts: 4,001

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    you weren't supposed to tell anyone about that..

    I love YMDT..
    you can hear yourself weeping uncontrollably on the live broadcast - figured it was public knowledge at that point
    __________________
    No longer in search of a 2009 Fall Limited Taylor 414ce :)
    jjr4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2022, 08:08 AM   #411
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 190

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Listen to this show a lot and the Grey—> Lover Lay Down —> Drive In Drive Out—> …—->Madman’s Eyes—>So right—> Stay or Leave—> Lie in our Graves stretch is absolutely phenomenal.

    BOWA is a top 3 song for me as well
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #412
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 5,876

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: ***Official Mansfield 2022 Thread***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    Listen to this show a lot and the Grey—> Lover Lay Down —> Drive In Drive Out—> …—->Madman’s Eyes—>So right—> Stay or Leave—> Lie in our Graves stretch is absolutely phenomenal.

    BOWA is a top 3 song for me as well
    So Right is the only bump in that run for me, as like most of the ED album it doesn’t connect w/ me. I know folks here love it, but I’d trade every play for any song or two that I’ve not heard live yet from any album other than ED or SU, or almost any unreleased songs I’ve not heard live.

    BOWA is indeed a gem…that it, R&R, Typical, & too manny other tunes have become rarities is dang near criminal. Criminal I say!! Criminal…well, at least illogical. Illogical I say!! Illogical…well, at least lame…

    Still a bit of a tough show for us getting 9 repeats from the previous show in Bristow.

    Last edited by grilldanmo; 07-02-2022 at 02:24 PM.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram