Blossom Review - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
SweetUpAndJane
Torching time...

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Blossom Review

I didn't see anyone make one. I think this is in discussion for best show of the year so far. I for the first time didn't look at sets for 2 weeks beforehand and it was such a better experience that way.

The venue is very nice. Stayed at nice Hilton Fairlawn. Used Cab company A-Swift who was OUTSTANDING. Wasn't normally a fan of Ohio (Bills, Michigan fan) but had a great trip!

1 Take Me to Tomorrow Dave Solo. Was hoping for Little Red Bird. Let the crucifying begin.
2 Beach Ball Dave Solo. Saw this Dave and Tim once. I really dig this song.
3 Butterfly Dave Solo. First time hearing it (#1). Short and well done.
4 Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back) Not a fan of SU but ODH works acoustically. "Just a kid, that's what I miss" part is the best
5 Pay for What You Get First time hearing this one (#2) Not expecting this and it was fanf-ingtastic.
6 Two Step Nice to get two step here and I like it acoustic and not 20 mins long.
7 Typical Situation Another one I didn't expect. Digging the old school feel now. This was great.
8 Raven People went to pee. I'm like, have an acoustic set, Dave!!!
9 Tripping Billies Great way to close out set. Nice jam. Diehards in bathroom "wow so much old school, what a set, we have a whole other set next." Other people: "I knew two songs, what the hell."
13 The Dreaming Tree First time I heard this one (#3) Wow. Wow. Stood there and soaked this one in for sure. They played the shit out of it.
14 One Sweet World Another classic. The night was really shaping up to be special at this point. Hadn't heard this in a while, another treat. Jeff Coffin had himself a night.
15 Dancing Nancies My trip Buddy's favorite song...Dave played 1 cord and I said "you got it!!!" and Boyd was on fire on the jam. Nancies can be played at every show I'm at. Please and thanks.
16 Satellite Buddy really wanted the Warehouse combo. I like satellite but wished it was WH.
17 Crush One of my most heard songs, the jam at the end was pretty intense. Stefan brought it.
18 The Song That Jane Likes By this time I am buzzed. When you go 14 shows/10 years with not hearing your fav song and then you get it...you finally stop hoping for it...so then when you get it again it's even better. First time electric for a while, too. Thanks Dave. F. Awesome.
19 Be Yourself Coming off the Jane high, I just laughed. I do think some people will find it catchy after a while. Busy answering the "omgz you got your Jane texts"
20 Long Black Veil Awesome. Was hoping since we had LL that we'd get this or JTR. First time hearing (#4) They work well on it, actually.
21 You & Me I wish any two other songs could have closed.
22 Shake Me Like a Monkey Anything else here makes this best show of tour. It is ok live and not the complete awful that AM makes it out to be, but it's not a set closer.

Thanks for the Mindfuck, Blossom. 4 new ones (Butterfly, PFWYG, DT, LBV) 3 of my top 5 favs (Jane, Nancies, Granny) and a solid encore. My fav out of 16 so far. Still excited a week later If this was a SPAC show...everyone would want the live trax! I still say it beats n2 by a song or two. Great night.

Last edited by SweetUpAndJane; 07-14-2015 at 09:42 AM.
SweetUpAndJane is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Blossom Review

I'm with you. This was a great show. That Nancies...wow. I'm actually OK with Shake Me closing the set, just not the show. That's how I felt about Too Much back in the day before they added the outro in 2004. They need to try and add soemthing to Shake Me to give it a bit of a twist. It's really not a bad song, and it packs a punch, but it is the same every time.

I was bummed when I saw the night before they played Minarets. I have been wanting that song for awhile now and saw they played it the night before and instantly became disappointed. My mind turned to Dreaming Tree once Minarets was off the table, so I lost it when those opening notes started. i haven't seen Dreaming Tree since 2003, same with Pay For What You Get, so I was elated. I was also hoping for Typical and got that which I just realized I haven't seen since 2003 as well.

I would definitely buy this as a Live Trax, but they already released LT 29 from Blossom, so I don't see that happening.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
    SweetUpAndJane
    Torching time...

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    I'm with you. This was a great show. That Nancies...wow. I'm actually OK with Shake Me closing the set, just not the show. That's how I felt about Too Much back in the day before they added the outro in 2004. They need to try and add soemthing to Shake Me to give it a bit of a twist. It's really not a bad song, and it packs a punch, but it is the same every time.

I was bummed when I saw the night before they played Minarets. I have been wanting that song for awhile now and saw they played it the night before and instantly became disappointed. My mind turned to Dreaming Tree once Minarets was off the table, so I lost it when those opening notes started. i haven't seen Dreaming Tree since 2003, same with Pay For What You Get, so I was elated. I was also hoping for Typical and got that which I just realized I haven't seen since 2003 as well.

I would definitely buy this as a Live Trax, but they already released LT 29 from Blossom, so I don't see that happening.

Prob not on the live trax, but im still thinking about the show a week later. Thanks for the reply! Great night.
    Old 09-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #4
    Some Jah

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Wish i was there!
    Some Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #5
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

What a great show this was... minus the last six songs, but still!!!

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #6
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I don't think the last 6 songs were bad. I actually found myself dancing to Be Yourself at the end. The jam they added was pretty fun, but the lyrics are the worst lyrics ever penned by Dave Matthews. I personally don't think Shake Me is as bad as everyone says, and I'll definitely take a Space Between/Watchtower encore. There are definitely other song choices that could have been made for the last run of the main set, but it wasn't terrible, and we got Long Black Veil.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote