***Official Don't Screw Colorado In 2010 Thread*** - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #301
LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Don't Screw Colorado In 2010 Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfpoling View Post
what do you mean three different days they anticipate a sell out?
all i see is that they have the three different price levels
when a certain amount of the $150 tickets are sold, the price will then be $175... then $200
They just say multiple times they anticipate the festival selling out. I am saying I don't believe it will. But I will also buy the first day, just in case.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #302
    hoggdogg
    Resident Panda Expert

Shows Seen: 96

My Tour Central Stats

I really want to go to this
    Old 04-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #303
    credin

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I like this thread so much better than the "official" thread. What makes it official? Because it says "official" in the title? hhhmmmmm. Had to edit, I guess this thread say "official" also. I just like the "don't screw colorado" line. I still think we got screwed, but am happy they are in denver.

No way this thing sells out, not even close. They are just saying that to get people to buy tickets, great marketing scam.

This just in....Chuck Morris is still an idiot...

Last edited by credin; 04-05-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #304
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

His whinny voice on KBCO today was irritating. And I wonder why they are saying it will sell out... I get it from a marketing standpoint early on... but at some point, when it doesn't sell out, the Festival turns into a failure.

I am excited about the entire lineup though.
    Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #305
    karmaboi79
    Dont burn the day!

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

just an FYI...all presale tixs are flash seats.....
    Flash Seats Questions

1. What are Flash Seats?
    Flash Seats is a new and exciting opportunity being introduced for TicketHorse events. This concept, similar to the e-ticket in the airline industry, allows you to manage your event tickets via the Internet. Early-bird ticket holders will not receive paper tickets but instead use a valid credit/debit card or driver’s license to enter the event. This program was introduced for YOU! Because it's impossible to sell Flash Seats on the secondary ticketing market, early-bird tickets will go to true fans and not to ticket scalpers. Plus, it's convenient—no more forgetting the tickets at home or worrying about them arriving safely in the mail. All early-bird tickets will be part of the Flash Seats ticketing program. Advance general-admission, two-day tickets as well as regular-priced, general-admission, two-day tickets are also available as Flash Seats.

Please note: Flash Seats sold for Mile High Music Festival are non-transferable and are unable to be re-sold.

2. I would like to try to purchase early-bird tickets. Do I need to pre-register for Flash Seats?
    No, when you purchase tickets with the Flash Seats option, TicketHorse will automatically build an account for you based on the purchasing information you provide. You can then sign in to your account to add additional credit cards or driver’s licenses to your account. Once you purchase your tickets, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from TicketHorse that will include a link to your Flash Seats.

3. What type of card can I use to gain entry to the event using Flash Seats?
    You can enter events you have tickets to with any valid credit/debit card or a driver’s license.

4. How can I be sure my credit card will not be charged?
    Your credit card WILL NOT BE CHARGED unless you are purchasing tickets on Flash Seats. It is only used to identify you as the owner of tickets when you enter events.

5. How do I add a card to my account?
    You can add a driver's license, state ID card, or a credit/debit card to your account in order to enter events. To add a driver's license, state ID card, or a credit card, log into the site, click Account, and then click Identification.

6. How many cards can I add to my account?
    You may add as many cards as you like to your account, as long as they are valid.
    2012 Concerts: STS9, Phil Lesh & Friends, JJ Grey & Mofro, Black Keys, DMB Woodlands, DMB Dallas, Bassnectar, STS9, String Cheese, Cake, Furthur, Chili PeppersTwitter http://www.facebook.com/bigeyedphish79
    Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #306
    karmaboi79
    Dont burn the day!

My Tour Central Stats

7. I am interested in Flash Seats. Can I purchase them at the Dick’s Sporting Goods or Pepsi Center box office, by phone, or at the ticket kiosks in Colorado Dick’s Sporting Goods stores?
    Flash Seats are only available for purchase online and by phone. To purchase by phone, please call 866.461.6556 (option 2) or 303.405.6066 (option 2).

8. I opted for Flash Seats when purchasing tickets for my party. However, we are not able to arrive together. How will we all gain entry into the festival? Are my Flash Seats transferable?
    Flash Seats are non-transferable. However, you can get all members of your party into the event at different times simply by registering a credit card or driver’s license for each person in the group. Each person should be sure to bring the registered credit card or driver’s license to gain entry to the event.

9. Some members of my party do not have a credit card or driver’s license. How will they use Flash Seats?
    There are a few options:

If you are a parent purchasing a ticket for your child, you can allow the child to use your credit card or you can register an expired credit card for the child to use. The expiration date will not prevent the card from working at the gate.
    If this option is not the best solution, please contact customer service by calling 303.405.6066 (option 2) or e-mailing ticketing@milehighmusicfestival.com.
    10. Why aren’t my early-bird tickets transferable? Are all Flash Seats non-transferable?
    In an effort to mitigate scalping, all Mile High Music Festival Flash Seats tickets are non-transferable and are unable to be sold on the secondary market.

11. What if I arrive at the event and realize I forgot my credit/debit card that my Flash Seats are registered under?
    Head to the main box office with a valid photo I.D. and proof of purchase.

12. More questions about Flash Seats?
    Please call 303.405.6066 (option 2) or e-mail ticketing@milehighmusicfestival.com.
    2012 Concerts: STS9, Phil Lesh & Friends, JJ Grey & Mofro, Black Keys, DMB Woodlands, DMB Dallas, Bassnectar, STS9, String Cheese, Cake, Furthur, Chili PeppersTwitter http://www.facebook.com/bigeyedphish79
    Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #307
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Glad DMB is returning.

This Flash Ticket/No-Single Day ticket is weak fucking sauce.
    Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 AM   #308
    hoggdogg
    Resident Panda Expert

Shows Seen: 96

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, I am not a fan of non-transferable tickets. What if something happens and someone cant make it out?! I dont want to be out $150+ bucks because of a conflict in schedule.
    Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #309
    Ashley J
    Bump n Grind

Shows Seen: 36

My Tour Central Stats

That is pretty booty... but I do like that it deters scalpers.
    Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #310
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

I like Flash Tickets for big name, small theater shows. Since they're rolling it out at this gig, I appreciate it and will try it out with them. I may have bought Sting tix at Red Rocks had I known I would have had the same chance at great tickets as scalpers.
    Old 04-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #311
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoggdogg View Post
    Yeah, I am not a fan of non-transferable tickets. What if something happens and someone cant make it out?! I dont want to be out $150+ bucks because of a conflict in schedule.
    In that case, you do have an option... Wait for the 200 dollar ticket. Those will be transferable.
    Old 04-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #312
    credin

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

My phish tickets in telluride are flash tickets. I wonder if flash gordon will be there...flash...ahhhhhh he saved the universe. Man what an awful movie.
    Old 04-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #313
    karmaboi79
    Dont burn the day!

My Tour Central Stats

im a ticket collector and this whole flash ticket thing is driving me nuts! I love the fact that scalpers will hopefully be put out of business, but i also have had expriences where i wasnt able to make it to a show and sold my tix last minute so i wasnt out the money...not sure how thats going to forward...PLUS, i love collecting my paper trophies!!!
    Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #314
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karmaboi79 View Post
    im a ticket collector and this whole flash ticket thing is driving me nuts! I love the fact that scalpers will hopefully be put out of business, but i also have had expriences where i wasnt able to make it to a show and sold my tix last minute so i wasnt out the money...not sure how thats going to forward...PLUS, i love collecting my paper trophies!!!
    I loved my paper trophies too. But I also loved my CDs and my cassette tapes from the trading days. Now I just have a hard drive. I also loved indie record stores, but now I have to order online or get mp3s. I used to love free radio, but now the Internet is better than that. I've had to adjust... And if flash tickets get me good seats like I used to get when I waited in line for them, I will gladly figure out a new keepsake from each show.
    Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #315
    kfpoling

Shows Seen: 140

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karmaboi79 View Post
    i collect my tickets too
    Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #316
    kfpoling

My Tour Central Stats

7. I am interested in Flash Seats. Can I purchase them at the Dick’s Sporting Goods or Pepsi Center box office, by phone, or at the ticket kiosks in Colorado Dick’s Sporting Goods stores?
    Flash Seats are only available for purchase online and by phone. To purchase by phone, please call 866.461.6556 (option 2) or 303.405.6066 (option 2).

so if you go to a DSG in Colorado to buy your ticket, I'm assuming you can still get the early bird price.. but they don't have flash tickets

and I don't see anything where it says non-refundable... only nontransferable
    Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #317
    karmaboi79
    Dont burn the day!

My Tour Central Stats

Early-Bird Tickets
    A limited number of early-bird two-day, general-admission tickets will be available for $150. Once those sell out, the advance two-day, general-admission tickets will be available for $175. When those are no longer available, the price will be $200 for two-day, general-admission tickets. Early-bird ticket purchases are limited to four per person. Early-bird tickets are only available for purchase online. Early-bird tickets are available as Flash Seats only. For more information regarding Flash Seats, please click here. As levels sell out, prices are subject to change without notice.

So i guess, if i want a paper tix, i have to pay an extra $50. hmmm, I love my trophies, but i would rather use the extra $50 for party favors, and then I'll just make my own tix to put in my book.
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #318
    Ashley J
    Bump n Grind

My Tour Central Stats

The Rockies are playing the Brewers that Friday before the show!! It just keeps getting better!! I'm definitely going to go so I can check out Coors Field. Although, it would be even cooler if they were playing the Twins...
    Old 04-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #319
    kfpoling

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ashley J View Post
    The Rockies are playing the Brewers that Friday before the show!! It just keeps getting better!! I'm definitely going to go so I can check out Coors Field. Although, it would be even cooler if they were playing the Twins...
    I LoVE that place (and the Rockies)
    make sure you check out the bullpen!
    Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #320
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Check out the Denver Post reverb blog for a brief q and a with good old Chuck Morris. He talks about DMB mostly... It's interesting but not earth shattering. Sorry for not including a link... Out of town and on my iPhone.
    Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #321
    Quazie27

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
    Check out the Denver Post reverb blog for a brief q and a with good old Chuck Morris. He talks about DMB mostly... It's interesting but not earth shattering. Sorry for not including a link... Out of town and on my iPhone.

Here's the link to that article for anyone who is interested:

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_14839559
    Old 04-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #322
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Good luck to all my Colorado people in the morning. We will all get tix... But what price?
    Old 04-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #323
    Mario82288

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

I got two tickets and it didn't mention anything about flash pass. I used the layaway plan option. It said that the tickets would be mailed after the 2nd payment on July 16th. It never asked me who the 2nd person was, so I don't see how it could be a flash pass unless it just allows me to enter with a guest. Anyone else do this?

Summer 2013: Deer Creek X2, Alpine X2 and Maryland Heights
    Old 04-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #324
    Bjkennedy24
    Lake Calhoun bum

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I got the Early Bird tix this morning, looks like they are all gone now.
    Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #325
    Ashley J
    Bump n Grind

My Tour Central Stats

Got mine as well. It's on
    Old 04-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #326
    karmaboi79
    Dont burn the day!

My Tour Central Stats

Just got my tix....missed out on the $150 tixs, but still....Im going!!!!
    Old 04-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #327
    kfpoling

My Tour Central Stats

got the earlybird flash tickets through KBCO
    Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #328
    mfietek
    CODMB

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

VIP.......
    Old 04-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #329
    kfpoling

My Tour Central Stats

i need to get some of that mile high ice cream while I'm out there...
    Old 04-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #330
    LeftyDv

My Tour Central Stats

Earlybird tix through KBCO for 150... relatively easy, actually.
    Closed Thread