2007 Hollywood Bowl official thread! - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #121
wnderwoman

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2007 Hollywood Bowl official thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat View Post
That is good to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAM2STEPN View Post
Me too!
Yay Dancing!
wnderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #122
    TapNorris
    GO HUSKERS!!

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Here's a question to keep this thread alive: What's the availability of cabs after a show at HB? I checked the Renaissance at Hollywood and Highland and that hotel is already booked for the weekend. I checked our second choice, the Riot Hyatt on Sunset, and it's already booked. They were booked the day after the tour dates came out, so Dave can't be the reason....something else must be going on in the area. Anyway, we've decided to stay at the Chateau Marmont, so we're probably going to need a cab. Maybe we'll get a visit from Belushi's ghost or maybe see a Paris/Lindsay cat fight in the lobby...either way we can't go wrong. But, back to my original question before the rambling, will there be cabs available after these shows?

Go Cubs!

Alpine!!
    TapNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #123
    MonkeyDigsDMB

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TapNorris View Post
    Here's a question to keep this thread alive: What's the availability of cabs after a show at HB? I checked the Renaissance at Hollywood and Highland and that hotel is already booked for the weekend. I checked our second choice, the Riot Hyatt on Sunset, and it's already booked. They were booked the day after the tour dates came out, so Dave can't be the reason....something else must be going on in the area. Anyway, we've decided to stay at the Chateau Marmont, so we're probably going to need a cab. Maybe we'll get a visit from Belushi's ghost or maybe see a Paris/Lindsay cat fight in the lobby...either way we can't go wrong. But, back to my original question before the rambling, will there be cabs available after these shows?
    In general, L.A. is not a hail a cab on the street kind of town. Having said that, there may actually be cabs waiting outside the venue, although I don't specifically recall seeing any. Your best best is when the show is over to call a cab company and meet the cab a few blocks south at Hollywood and Highland. That way, you're not waiting for the cab to navigate the mess of traffic on Highland by the Bowl. Any L.A. taxi company will do- Yellow, Bell Cab, etc.
    Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #124
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    To further the last cab comment, if you take a cab to the show, just get the cabbies number and call him during the encore break and have him meet you out front after the show. Cabbies love guaranteed rides, and you would be just that.
    Old 04-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #125
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    Yay Dancing!
    What, this is all we get? The mighty Wonder Women enters the thread for some late night posting and all she gives us is 'Yay Dancing!'?

I feel so used.
    Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #126
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    To further the last cab comment, if you take a cab to the show, just get the cabbies number and call him during the encore break and have him meet you out front after the show. Cabbies love guaranteed rides, and you would be just that.
    I would advise NOT catching a cab right outside that venue. It's madness. I think he should walk to the Renaissance Hotel and get a cab from there. Im pretty sure there will be cabs there or by the Hollywood and Highland complex.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #127
    TapNorris
    GO HUSKERS!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    I would advise NOT catching a cab right outside that venue. It's madness. I think he should walk to the Renaissance Hotel and get a cab from there. Im pretty sure there will be cabs there or by the Hollywood and Highland complex.

Thanks! Appreciate the help.

Ok, Neumdogg, you've got all those season passes to watch those shows, and I think I remember back in this thread someone said it was for your job. So I have to ask, do you work for The Soup and those are the shows you watch each week to see if anything crazy happens?

Go Cubs!

Alpine!!
    Old 04-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #128
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks! Appreciate the help.

Ok, Neumdogg, you've got all those season passes to watch those shows, and I think I remember back in this thread someone said it was for your job. So I have to ask, do you work for The Soup and those are the shows you watch each week to see if anything crazy happens?
    I don't work for the Soup, however, that show is hilarious. I basically watch so much TV because I need to know what is out there in the TV world; what the competition is.

Then again, I love watching that much tv.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #129
    TapNorris
    GO HUSKERS!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't work for the Soup, however, that show is hilarious. I basically watch so much TV because I need to know what is out there in the TV world; what the competition is.

Then again, I love watching that much tv.

The Soup is great. There's so much more ridiculous stuff out there that they could make fun of, it needs to be an hour. I don't actually watch tv for my job, but I have a tv in my office and it's always on, so I might just as well.

Go Cubs!

Alpine!!
    Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #130
    Drew M

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Seriously guys, how much dancing can you do in between those bences in that tiny space. Fuck my seats, I'm gonna try and dance my ass off right in the aisle closest to the stage. And oh boy will I be dancing my ass off. No reservations for me, just straight boogie. It's going to be an amazing time regardless. FUCK YEAH.
    Drew M is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #131
    MonkeyDigsDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
    Seriously guys, how much dancing can you do in between those bences in that tiny space. Fuck my seats, I'm gonna try and dance my ass off right in the aisle closest to the stage. And oh boy will I be dancing my ass off. No reservations for me, just straight boogie. It's going to be an amazing time regardless. FUCK YEAH.

i hope i'm sitting in your section!

we had a terrace box last year and you can fold up the chairs and have all that extra space to move!
    Old 04-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #132
    Drew M

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MonkeyDigsDMB View Post
    i hope i'm sitting in your section!

we had a terrace box last year and you can fold up the chairs and have all that extra space to move!
    Oh, thats pretty cool. How is the security at The Bowl? Will they let some crazy hippie fool like me dance around in the aisle? I just hope everything goes according to plan because I have been working my ass off this whole year so I have enough money to go on this trip just for DMB. Traveling to the Bowl from Maui. I'm gonna have one hell of a Good Good Time. This will be trip #2 just for DMB. #1 being HDC N1 2005. The security at that show was really tight, they wouldn't even let people move around. I hope the security is not like this at the Bowl.
    Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #133
    wnderwoman

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What, this is all we get? The mighty Wonder Women enters the thread for some late night posting and all she gives us is 'Yay Dancing!'?

I feel so used.
    Hey, I saw your name on the list for Vegas and you were not there, so who got used?

*flashes boobs*

Better?

Edit: Wow I just realized I posted at almost the exact same time as last night, I need to go to bed...

Last edited by wnderwoman; 04-06-2007 at 12:55 AM.
    Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #134
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    Hey, I saw your name on the list for Vegas and you were not there, so who got used?

*flashes boobs*

Better?

Edit: Wow I just realized I posted at almost the exact same time as last night, I need to go to bed...
    Touche Ang.

Thanks for the flash. I always appriciate that.

Rest assured that I will be at the Hollywood Bowl shows, as well as the other 3 CA shows. Even Mrs. Ben might make an appearence at one of the shows. Don't get to excited about Mrs. Ben yet, but she did mention that she might make it out to a show.

Take care.
    Old 04-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #135
    MonkeyDigsDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
    Oh, thats pretty cool. How is the security at The Bowl? Will they let some crazy hippie fool like me dance around in the aisle? I just hope everything goes according to plan because I have been working my ass off this whole year so I have enough money to go on this trip just for DMB. Traveling to the Bowl from Maui. I'm gonna have one hell of a Good Good Time. This will be trip #2 just for DMB. #1 being HDC N1 2005. The security at that show was really tight, they wouldn't even let people move around. I hope the security is not like this at the Bowl.
    I think they are kinda tight about being in the aisles, but I don't know for sure because we were in a box and no one really spills over into the aisles with those. They were lax about smoking as multiple items were being passed around our section and no one got hassled, although i don;t know if they saw it. also, they do a comprehensive search getting into the venue- empty pockets, bags, metal detectors, pat down, the whole deal. It takes forever and there is a GIANT mob of people trying to get in. It's not like an arena where you have entrances 360 around the venue. Since it's built into the hill I think there are only 2 entrances with the main one being a complete nightmare. Leave lots of extra time to get in.

Home Depot was ridiculous- last time, we were in the second floor section back but front row, so there was all this space in front of us and people would just come and hang out and dance and it was great. every 10 minutes security hassled us to make it single file by the seats and ask to see a ticket. they kicked everyone out. such a buzzkill to deal with them in the middle of a song. I do much prefer the Bowl to Home Depot- at the least you can see the stage from any seat, unlike floor at HDC which is flat. Luckily I'm tall but my wife always had trouble.
    Old 04-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #136
    meggieprice
    #41 Oh yeah!!!!!!!!

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

Morning HB! I think the best way for me to get excited about these shows is to hang here and get to know the people who will be there since I disliked this venue so much last year....

Proud Mama of Zachyd and den Mama of the setlist buddies

Toupstown Ambassador of Magic Kookies and all things Maternal
    meggieprice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #137
    Drew M

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think they are kinda tight about being in the aisles, but I don't know for sure because we were in a box and no one really spills over into the aisles with those. They were lax about smoking as multiple items were being passed around our section and no one got hassled, although i don;t know if they saw it. also, they do a comprehensive search getting into the venue- empty pockets, bags, metal detectors, pat down, the whole deal. It takes forever and there is a GIANT mob of people trying to get in. It's not like an arena where you have entrances 360 around the venue. Since it's built into the hill I think there are only 2 entrances with the main one being a complete nightmare. Leave lots of extra time to get in.

Home Depot was ridiculous- last time, we were in the second floor section back but front row, so there was all this space in front of us and people would just come and hang out and dance and it was great. every 10 minutes security hassled us to make it single file by the seats and ask to see a ticket. they kicked everyone out. such a buzzkill to deal with them in the middle of a song. I do much prefer the Bowl to Home Depot- at the least you can see the stage from any seat, unlike floor at HDC which is flat. Luckily I'm tall but my wife always had trouble.
    Thanks for the info.
    Old 04-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #138
    MonkeyDigsDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Hollywood!!!!
    Old 04-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #139
    Drew M

My Tour Central Stats

Hello Hollywood. Yeah, Oct. 1st and 2nd. Last two shows of the tour.
    Old 04-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #140
    zachyd
    Torture of chalkdust.

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Hey Hollywood...
    Old 04-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #141
    wnderwoman

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meggieprice View Post
    Morning HB! I think the best way for me to get excited about these shows is to hang here and get to know the people who will be there since I disliked this venue so much last year....
    Meggie, you dieliked it? Tell me why, I was all set to go last year and my grandmother got sick and was in the hospital...

I was pretty pumped for it, I have seen other acts at Hollywood Bowl and loved it.

What made it no good for you?
    Old 04-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #142
    jlight0

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That was me. And, yes, the whole thread wanted to join me there. The manager of the building at the time was coming down on me hard, so I didnt have anything last year.
    Quote:
    Are you the one that posted last year in the tour thread about how close you lived to the Bowl? If that was you, I remember the whole thread asking you if they could park at your place, tailgate and post party there, and anything else they could think of.
    We could always have a pre-party at my place - I'm not within walking distance, but 3.5 miles away....Something to keep in mind.
    Old 04-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #143
    dmbisgod
    We make the BOWA

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

somebody request tickets for me?
    Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #144
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Anybody have thoughts on how popular these two shows might be? Last year I got declined for this show, first time that has happend. I requested lower bowl, so this year I did best available in hopes that I won't get declined again.

I am tempted to change to my request to a certain section, but I don't want to get declined. Thoughts?
    Old 04-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #145
    MonkeyDigsDMB

My Tour Central Stats

might be tough to sell out 2 nights at the Bowl, considering the Irvine and Chula Vista shows. HDC 2 night stands did not sell out and got less crowds each year. You have to figure that a good portion of the good tix go to industry types (music AND film/TV). gonna be tough to get decent seats between this and the ticket brokers schemes.
    Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #146
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    might be tough to sell out 2 nights at the Bowl, considering the Irvine and Chula Vista shows. HDC 2 night stands did not sell out and got less crowds each year. You have to figure that a good portion of the good tix go to industry types (music AND film/TV). gonna be tough to get decent seats between this and the ticket brokers schemes.
    All good points. I have decided not to risk it and just take what I can get. Maybe I will get lucky and get decent seats for both nights. I guess I am just used to two ticket prices, reserved and lawn. This show has different prices for reserved and it messes me up.

Worse case, HB seats are my worst. I have pretty good luck at Irvine and Chula. Shoreline is my wild card. Not sure what to expect, besides a great show.
    Old 04-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #147
    MonkeyDigsDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    All good points. I have decided not to risk it and just take what I can get. Maybe I will get lucky and get decent seats for both nights. I guess I am just used to two ticket prices, reserved and lawn. This show has different prices for reserved and it messes me up.

Worse case, HB seats are my worst. I have pretty good luck at Irvine and Chula. Shoreline is my wild card. Not sure what to expect, besides a great show.
    I am thinking I never should have quit the Warehouse. I joined 2001 and always ended up getting mediocre seats through 2003 or 2004. I almost always ended up finding a better pair on TM or a for sale thread here or nancies. So i quit paying the $30/year. I always wonder would I be in better position now or would it be the same problem? I have yet to sit very close, except for 3/4 of a show in Phoenix that I went to while touring with another band (crew had day off and decided to get hooked up for DMB- Sat 10th row or so. Had to leave early as that was part of the travel arrangement.

Problem with the Bowl is, if you are not in a box, then you are already very far back, and I think the boxes ain't easy to get.
    Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #148
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I am thinking I never should have quit the Warehouse. I joined 2001 and always ended up getting mediocre seats through 2003 or 2004. I almost always ended up finding a better pair on TM or a for sale thread here or nancies. So i quit paying the $30/year. I always wonder would I be in better position now or would it be the same problem? I have yet to sit very close, except for 3/4 of a show in Phoenix that I went to while touring with another band (crew had day off and decided to get hooked up for DMB- Sat 10th row or so. Had to leave early as that was part of the travel arrangement.

Problem with the Bowl is, if you are not in a box, then you are already very far back, and I think the boxes ain't easy to get.
    I hear you about the WH. I pay the $35 a year for the oppotunity to get good seats and the live CD. I have had great luck with the WH. Most of the time I am inside 15 rows. If I am further back then that, it always dead center. So to me it is worth it.

I just hate TicketBastard. But now that I know about the tickets exchange here, I will probably never use TB again.

I have never been to the Bowl, but I have heard a lot of people echo your sentiment about the venue. With this not being a Bowl Series show, hopefully the boxes are part of the lottery. If not, then I will just go to the show and have a good time anyway.
    Old 04-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #149
    trippingheadies
    she is a wicked lie

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

first time in california! let alone in hollywood, only to see the greatest band on the face of the earth. it could only be better if they were playing in humboldt. im fuckin pumped
    Old 04-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #150
    Bbynrse
    Going broke thx to dmb

Shows Seen: 106

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

hey all...thought i'd jump in since my friend and i decided to hit up HB this year.....i was there last year, had a lot of fun, bummer that parking is such that tailgating can't happen.

Tags
    hollywood bowl , summer 2007