***Official Deer Creek 2023*** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-30-2023, 10:07 AM   #61
mHeiser92

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Deer Creek 2023***

Got my request in, just going for pit N1. Figure I’ll take my chances on public sale for N2. Assuming I don’t get what I want for N1 and with that being the random night for seat assignments there’s a chance I fair better than seniority N2 as I’m 2014 WH.

Gamble on

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-30-2023, 12:31 PM   #62
    specialkd24

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jack7238 View Post
    It's been years since I have been in the PIT at DC, been there but in seats. Everytime I look at the pit it looks oversold and crowded. Anybody have recent experience in the Pit? I would be one to stand closer to the back and have the ability to get out and get a beer, hit the BR, etc.
    It does seem like it gets crowded. We have had PITS at last one night the past few tours there.

We usually get there for the WH drawing, and go in when the line goes in, and get center 2-3 rows back.
    specialkd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2023, 01:39 PM   #63
    Chair1983

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mHeiser92 View Post
    Got my request in, just going for pit N1. Figure I’ll take my chances on public sale for N2. Assuming I don’t get what I want for N1 and with that being the random night for seat assignments there’s a chance I fair better than seniority N2 as I’m 2014 WH.

Gamble on
    After being an early Warehouse member 20 some years ago, I just rejoined last year. I'm going solo for Deer Creek weekend...is there any point to requesting solo tickets through Warehouse or should I just do the CITI presale? It sounds like with single seat requests, if you get approved there's a good chance they'll stick you near the back.

I've had luck finding single seats after on-sale dates for good prices for other DMB shows.
    Chair1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2023, 01:55 PM   #64
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chair1983 View Post
    After being an early Warehouse member 20 some years ago, I just rejoined last year. I'm going solo for Deer Creek weekend...is there any point to requesting solo tickets through Warehouse or should I just do the CITI presale? It sounds like with single seat requests, if you get approved there's a good chance they'll stick you near the back.

I've had luck finding single seats after on-sale dates for good prices for other DMB shows.
    I've never seen any case of that
    Old 01-30-2023, 02:39 PM   #65
    ISawTheBridge10

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Deer Creek is one of those venues where I literally don't care where I'm at. I wouldn't mind pit--at the very least I may be able to trade back for some really good seats. But if I'm denied both nights and have to be in the lawn, I'm just fine with that too.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2023, 03:52 PM   #66
    Chair1983

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    I've never seen any case of that
    Cool, thanks! I thought I read on a different thread of that happening; may have just been a one-off or I misunderstood.

Good to know as far as requesting through Warehouse.
    Chair1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2023, 04:10 PM   #67
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I did PIT at Deer Creek 2021 N1. The first and last time I'll ever do PIT at Deer Creek. It was way too crowded and uncomfortable. Even in the back. Sucked getting in and out for beers.

The lawn is the best value. The pavilion is also crowded and not very sloped, so it's not worth the upgrade financially over the lawn. Plenty of space on the lawn, even in the middle areas, and excellent sightlines. They also have a separate sound and video system as well so even the sound junkies do just fine up there.
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 06:46 AM   #68
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Yup - as is said every year and for years and years - Deer Creek lawn is a great place to see a show.

My wife and I used to do lawn N1 and seats N2. 2016 we did seats both nights. And on N1 that year it was super hot and muggy. The pavilion was packed and then some guy in front of us decided to light up a cigar and it was just not pleasant or easy to breathe around there so during #41 we decided to go finish the show from the lawn with a group of our friends. We had better people around us N2, but from that point on we've just been straight up lawn.

As mentioned the lawn has good sightlines and terrific sound (and yes, a big screen). You also have the ability to control who you're around because you can move. I've honestly had more shitty experiences with people in the pavilion than I have the lawn (goes for not just Deer Creek too). And with the pavilion, you're stuck there.
    btpeters is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 10:23 AM   #69
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Yup - as is said every year and for years and years - Deer Creek lawn is a great place to see a show.

My wife and I used to do lawn N1 and seats N2. 2016 we did seats both nights. And on N1 that year it was super hot and muggy. The pavilion was packed and then some guy in front of us decided to light up a cigar and it was just not pleasant or easy to breathe around there so during #41 we decided to go finish the show from the lawn with a group of our friends. We had better people around us N2, but from that point on we've just been straight up lawn.

As mentioned the lawn has good sightlines and terrific sound (and yes, a big screen). You also have the ability to control who you're around because you can move. I've honestly had more shitty experiences with people in the pavilion than I have the lawn (goes for not just Deer Creek too). And with the pavilion, you're stuck there.
    Not really stuck at all. Like you said, you can always move to the lawn from the pavilion.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 12:20 PM   #70
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

My Tour Central Stats

Seems a waste of $$$ to get pavilion seats only to move to the lawn. Yes, I did it in that scenario, but would have liked to have been able to comfortably stay in the seat I paid for.

There was also N2 in 2014 where this guy's vomit took out about half a row and some seats a couple rows in front of him. He was rather large so nobody was carrying him and then when he finally got out, it was like a half hour later someone came to clean up and all they did was just throw sawdust on top of it. Smelled fucking awful til the sawdust got there. Luckily some of this was during the break between sets.

Last edited by btpeters; 01-31-2023 at 12:24 PM.
    btpeters is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 01:08 PM   #71
    jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Seems a waste of $$$ to get pavilion seats only to move to the lawn. Yes, I did it in that scenario, but would have liked to have been able to comfortably stay in the seat I paid for.

There was also N2 in 2014 where this guy's vomit took out about half a row and some seats a couple rows in front of him. He was rather large so nobody was carrying him and then when he finally got out, it was like a half hour later someone came to clean up and all they did was just throw sawdust on top of it. Smelled fucking awful til the sawdust got there. Luckily some of this was during the break between sets.
    I feel you on this. I've had to bail from pavilion seats before because the people around us were just so obnoxious/grating. Very rare, but I have had someone that was just got under my skin SO much* that I couldn't deal and left to watch in the lawn for the rest of the show. And one other time (non-Dave show) I took an extended walk through the lawn before coming back because there was some drama amongst my seat neighbors that I needed to let resolve or I was going to go a little nuts. And yeah, I was a little annoyed at the "inferior" seat (though I frankly had a better time meeting some people up in the lawn), but it is kind of luck of the draw. If they aren't breaking a law or rule of the venue (or you don't want to get security/facility staff involved, which I totally understand), then I do appreciate that the lawn is there as a backup. By and large, I'm not a confrontation guy. I'll ask nicely for you to quit being a jerk, but I'm probably not going to throw down. I'm not a fighter.

*Why it bothered me: He loudly screamed what song he wanted next between songs, which annoyed me no end but I would have just dealt with that... but once he realized what was being played - never what he was yelling beforehand by the way - he would then go "Oh hell yeah" and shove his friend (?) sitting next to him (I guess in celebration?), which would propel him in to me. It was summer so he was drenched in sweat, and invariably I was trying to take a drink or he would knock me in to my wife. I dealt with this about three times before I was like "hey man, could you be careful on slamming in to me when you're messing with your buddy there?" which garnered a "f**k you" response. And then my wife starting chirping back - which was deserved, but was also going to end up getting me punched - so I suggested we adjourn to the lawn.
    Old 02-01-2023, 03:10 PM   #72
    redder

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Went to creekend 4 years ago, but can't say we hit any unique local bars / restaurants. Any suggestions, we are staying at the Hampton Inn Castleton. Thanks local ants.
    Old 02-02-2023, 06:55 AM   #73
    shafeman556

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by redder View Post
    Went to creekend 4 years ago, but can't say we hit any unique local bars / restaurants. Any suggestions, we are staying at the Hampton Inn Castleton. Thanks local ants.
    Try out FoxGardin Kitchen and Ale in Fortville--about 10-15 mins from the venue. Super locally owned--great food and drink!
    shafeman556 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2023, 07:35 AM   #74
    ryantravlr
    No Mas!

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

The back of the pit at DC is the worst place to be. There are a lot of people who come in from 15 minutes before to when the show starts and everyone gets jammed into the fence line.

I've had great experiences, but it requires getting up front early and making friends who will help keep your spot if you need a bathroom run.

The DC lawn is one of the best, but I had enough of that scene in the early late 90s/early 2000s when it was like a giant frat party. It's much improved as the fanbase has aged, but I prefer to be up front now.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post
    I did PIT at Deer Creek 2021 N1. The first and last time I'll ever do PIT at Deer Creek. It was way too crowded and uncomfortable. Even in the back. Sucked getting in and out for beers.

The lawn is the best value. The pavilion is also crowded and not very sloped, so it's not worth the upgrade financially over the lawn. Plenty of space on the lawn, even in the middle areas, and excellent sightlines. They also have a separate sound and video system as well so even the sound junkies do just fine up there.
    ryantravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2023, 02:42 PM   #75
    thestone213

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

It has been forever since I had DC pits. Do they still do the lottery? Do warehouse premiums get you in early anymore?
    Old 02-05-2023, 05:01 PM   #76
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thestone213 View Post
    It has been forever since I had DC pits. Do they still do the lottery? Do warehouse premiums get you in early anymore?
    As of last year, yes, the pit lineup is still a lottery. Warehouse pit goes in first, followed by Warehouse whatever else, quickly followed by regular ticket entry.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2023, 05:03 PM   #77
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

My Tour Central Stats

I was originally booked during DC weekend, but I finally was able to free up that weekend and make the trip back out. What's my best bet for a place to stay at this point? Early research looks pretty rough unless I just stay in Indy?

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
    Old 02-06-2023, 06:03 AM   #78
    euchredog

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shafeman556 View Post
    Try out FoxGardin Kitchen and Ale in Fortville--about 10-15 mins from the venue. Super locally owned--great food and drink!
    When I was in high school in the 70's my parents rented that building and we sold van seats out of it. Surprisingly profitable business. Put me through college.
    Old 02-06-2023, 06:07 AM   #79
    ISawTheBridge10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    As of last year, yes, the pit lineup is still a lottery. Warehouse pit goes in first, followed by Warehouse whatever else, quickly followed by regular ticket entry.

Any idea if they do the early entry at both entrances? Or only the main? I want to say it's just the main entrance but staying in the campgrounds I'd really like if it were both.
    Old 02-06-2023, 06:18 AM   #80
    BigWhiskey1855
    Shake Me Like a Monkey!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    Any idea if they do the early entry at both entrances? Or only the main? I want to say it's just the main entrance but staying in the campgrounds I'd really like if it were both.
    I think Warehouse is just at the main one? Someone else may need to fact-check me.

Old 02-06-2023, 09:06 AM   #81
    Jeff31b
    Need.. shows.. now..

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

Sleepybear is the play here, right?

2024: Va Beach, SPAC, Bristow, Camden, Gorge
    Jeff31b is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-06-2023, 10:44 AM   #82
    ISawTheBridge10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeff31b View Post
    It is a play, not sure I would consider it THE play. I personally like the space that the venue's campground offers, plus it's about $200 more at Sleepybear for just tent camping. We're pulling a camper that can fit in the venue campsites so it's only $175 compared to $700 at SB.
    Old 02-06-2023, 01:28 PM   #83
    jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 View Post
    I was originally booked during DC weekend, but I finally was able to free up that weekend and make the trip back out. What's my best bet for a place to stay at this point? Early research looks pretty rough unless I just stay in Indy?

Others may have more insight than I, but I stayed in Keystone last year and the prices were saner. And it wasn't a terrible drive. Wife and I traded nights on who drank at the show as to keep it safe.
    Old 02-08-2023, 07:57 PM   #84
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeff31b View Post
    Nah, Close-By Campground is the best option is every regard. They are much cheaper ($30 a head per night), offer free shuttle to the venue, entertainment during the day, have a great staff, and even do a pasta dinner after the saturday show. No brainer.
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-10-2023, 09:10 AM   #85
    Jeff31b
    Need.. shows.. now..

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    It is a play, not sure I would consider it THE play. I personally like the space that the venue's campground offers, plus it's about $200 more at Sleepybear for just tent camping. We're pulling a camper that can fit in the venue campsites so it's only $175 compared to $700 at SB.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post
    Nah, Close-By Campground is the best option is every regard. They are much cheaper ($30 a head per night), offer free shuttle to the venue, entertainment during the day, have a great staff, and even do a pasta dinner after the saturday show. No brainer.
    Good deal, thanks yall! I'll do some more looking into the other options. Liked the idea of walking to the venue, but after Wildhorse at Gorge, the shuttles can be just as lit. I'm flight focused at the moment but need to get the campground sorted.

2024: Va Beach, SPAC, Bristow, Camden, Gorge
    Jeff31b is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2023, 11:16 AM   #86
    Thank~U~Dave

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I have two tickets to Saturday N2 PIT available for trade for Res 1 section.
    Please PM if interested.
    Old 02-13-2023, 11:23 AM   #87
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Where are you guys looking at confirmation? If I go to requests, I have a confirmed next to Pit, if I go to my orders, it tells me I got lawn. That's a pretty big chasm.
    Old 02-13-2023, 12:15 PM   #88
    stlguy11501
    JEREMY

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donvito72 View Post
    Where are you guys looking at confirmation? If I go to requests, I have a confirmed next to Pit, if I go to my orders, it tells me I got lawn. That's a pretty big chasm.
    I'd like to know where I can find info too. My orders and requests now show that I have none. Yet I have hard charges to pay for exactly what I requested.
    stlguy11501 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2023, 12:27 PM   #89
    thestone213

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

does the warehouse early entry for pit mean anything if they are still doing the lottery?
    Old 02-13-2023, 12:31 PM   #90
    mynameismike

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

can you try for tickets to both nights on TM on one account or do you need to do one then the other?
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote