Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc) - Page 77 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #2281
mthawk07
In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
do you mean as in new footage? cause it was ALL new footage. I wasn't expecting any more than a 30 second spot, and that was pretty damn sweet for them obviously still keeping us largely in the dark. Cap sitting in a group therapy meeting with basically a "fuck this" expression.
Not very much meaning not very much revealing. The Earth is desolate and the Avengers are pissed off, that's about it. Oh, and Cap got his shield back.
mthawk07 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #2282
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

well I feel like it's safe to say we're not exactly going to get much even after all the trailers, but for this being only the second real piece of marketing and it being 30 seconds, confirmation that the story picks up a significant amount of time after the snap (or at the very least it'll likely go to that after the first few minutes) seems like not a bad deal at all for now. Plus seeing the leftover earth-bound crew all together in one shot (even if that's not in the finished film) was cool. especially Rocket in there.
    And let's face it, they could've released not a single second of footage the whole way for this and it wouldn't dent the box office in the least

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by junior94; 02-03-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #2283
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

I enjoyed the tease.
    Old 02-04-2019, 06:16 AM   #2284
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

The two teases have made me way more hype than any trailer I've seen lately. Granted, Avengers has a bit of a leg up since by this point you either know what's going on or you're never getting into it.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 AM   #2285
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

sacrificed his beard for the shield. shame
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2019, 07:17 PM   #2286
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Just started the Marvel Universe from the beginning. Really pretty excited to watch them all in a row. It’s wild going back and seeing it from the start. Like many, I had no idea after seeing the first Iron Man what Marvel would accomplish. I know I’m a DC guy, but I enjoy these movies quite a bit, and it’s really quite remarkable to see how far they have come. I haven’t watch Incredible Hulk in a long time and never noticed in the beginning montage the Stark Logo and Nick Fury’s name on one of the documents.

Couple of things...
    am I the only one that, even after 5 appearances, thinks that Terrence Howard made a much better Roadie than Don Cheadle? I like Don Cheadle, but Downy Jr. and Howard had a great chemistry. They had a very believable friendship.

I stand by Incredible Hulk being a very underrated movie.

It’s a damn shame Edward Norton didnt stay on as Bruce Banner. I would have loved to see a sequel with him.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #2287
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    Just started the Marvel Universe from the beginning. Really pretty excited to watch them all in a row. It’s wild going back and seeing it from the start. Like many, I had no idea after seeing the first Iron Man what Marvel would accomplish. I know I’m a DC guy, but I enjoy these movies quite a bit, and it’s really quite remarkable to see how far they have come. I haven’t watch Incredible Hulk in a long time and never noticed in the beginning montage the Stark Logo and Nick Fury’s name on one of the documents.

Couple of things...
    am I the only one that, even after 5 appearances, thinks that Terrence Howard made a much better Roadie than Don Cheadle? I like Don Cheadle, but Downy Jr. and Howard had a great chemistry. They had a very believable friendship.

I stand by Incredible Hulk being a very underrated movie.

It’s a damn shame Edward Norton didnt stay on as Bruce Banner. I would have loved to see a sequel with him.
    I've always liked Terrence Howard more. As with Norton, when I first saw IH I loved him in the role and didn't think Mark Ruffalo would be a good replacement. I am glad to say I was wrong. Ruffalo is doing a good job with the role.

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #2288
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

the thing that strikes me about the Hulk history though, it didn't seem like in the Norton film there was ANY effort whatsoever to take what Banner looked like and sort of organically transfer that to the Hulk. Not that the rendering of him was bad in itself, but it was a stark difference. Whereas as soon as Ruffalo's first appearance in Avengers, it seemed to me you could definitely see plenty of shades of Ruffalo's face in his Hulk. despite his high intelligence, Ruffalo does a great job of bringing an everyman quality to him as well.

And I'm not accusing you guys of this, but I can't help but feel like there's just some contrarianism out there with the Howard/Cheadle thing. I liked Howard perfectly fine, but I've had no complaints at all about anything Cheadle's done with it. It's pretty damn funny they even have of Cheadle's very first dialog in IM2 to Tony "look, it's me, I'm here now, just deal with it".

Last edited by junior94; 02-07-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Old 02-08-2019, 06:24 AM   #2289
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Just something about Cheadle and Ruffalo’s performances seem very mailed in to me. I’ve never felt like they truly became the roles, whereas the former actors embodies the character, in my opinion. Howard has a swagger about him whereas Cheadle plays the role a little too straight. I don’t know. Not terrible, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen Iron Man or Incredible Hulk and I forgot how much I liked the previous performances.

Forgot to start the marathon with Cap 1, but decided to throw it in as #3. It kind of fits nicely. Iron Man and Incredible Hulk both have references to Cap and so it kind of acts as a nice flashback before going into Iron Man 2 which further connects the dots.
    Old 02-08-2019, 06:50 AM   #2290
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not sure I watched the same Hulk movie as y'all.

I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and I couldn't finish it. It was so bad.

That said, this weekend's movie is Dark World so there's another one to lump into that pile ha
    Old 02-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #2291
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Incredible Hulk was so forgettable. Dark World was laughably bad.
    Old 02-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #2292
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    I'm not sure I watched the same Hulk movie as y'all.

I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and I couldn't finish it. It was so bad.

That said, this weekend's movie is Dark World so there's another one to lump into that pile ha
    I think people tend to like Incredible Hulk because of how bad Ang Lee's 'Hulk' was.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #2293
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Dark World was very bad but I was sort of a sucker for the fight sequence where they kept fighting through portals at the end. That was cool.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #2294
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

I think even Kevin Feige would concede now (and maybe even has) that Dark World was kind of a mess from start to finish, and I mean the production not just the actual movie. Christopher Eccleston wound up very dissatisfied with the experience and Marvel cause his stuff he felt wound up not really what he was meant to believe. I doubt they'd ever had any real angle on bringing back Maliketh for anything anyway but oye, yeah that didn't exactly help the "Marvel has poor villains" argument.
    It really primarily was just needed to get the Reality Stone into the overall mythology.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #2295
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I don’t remember Dark World very well, but I’m finding myself enjoying Iron Man 2 a lot more than I remembered. Having just watched Cap 1, I’m stoked to watch Winter Soldier. That’s still my favorite of all the Marvel movies. Top 3 superhero movie in my opinion.

It’s funny seeing Romanoff in IM2 knowing what a badass she really is.

Last edited by KevinTH; 02-08-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Old 02-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #2296
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Just watched Winter Soldier in our MCU marathon last weekend, even better than I remember it being the first time. Superb film.
    Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #2297
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I need to re-watch Winter Soldier. First time I watched it was not long after my first was born and had to keep it quiet, which is annoying because it's one of those movies where the dialogue is quiet and the action is super loud.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #2298
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don’t remember Dark World very well, but I’m finding myself enjoying Iron Man 2 a lot more than I remembered. Having just watched Cap 1, I’m stoked to watch Winter Soldier. That’s still my favorite of all the Marvel movies. Top 3 superhero movie in my opinion.

It’s funny seeing Romanoff in IM2 knowing what a badass she really is.

I think I said this recently, when I did a new IM2 rewatch some months back, I'm still just totally over Mickey Rourke's... whatever the fuck he was doing... but the movie on the whole, it was not as bad as I'd remembered. Easily a step down from the first, and in the lower range of the MCU movies, but that's a lot about that they got some real strong shit at the top. I couldn't regard it as an objectively awful movie.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    I need to re-watch Winter Soldier. First time I watched it was not long after my first was born and had to keep it quiet, which is annoying because it's one of those movies where the dialogue is quiet and the action is super loud.

then by all means, do so watching my 4 hour cut of Winter Soldier mixed chronologically accurate with the last few relating Agents Of Shield season 1 episodes
    just cracks me up, looking now at what End Game can potentially be, feels like it'll make Winter Soldier look like a little indy film.

Last edited by junior94; 02-08-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #2299
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

So IM2 is enjoyable, but I don’t think I ever realized how dumb some of the story was. His dad built a science expo in the design of an element on the event that one day his grown son can use it to cure a disease caused by a palladium chest implant...??? Sick instincts, Howard.

Junior, I forgot about that cut. I’ve always wanted to watch that.
    Old 02-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #2300
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So IM2 is enjoyable, but I don’t think I ever realized how dumb some of the story was. His dad built a science expo in the design of an element on the event that one day his grown son can use it to cure a disease caused by a palladium chest implant...??? Sick instincts, Howard.

Junior, I forgot about that cut. I’ve always wanted to watch that.
    He built the model to show him how to make the atom that would provide sustainable energy for the world. Tony used it for his new chest core since the old core was slowly poisoning him.

It's still a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper stretch to think that Tony would become a genius engineer, stumble on the model, stumble on the video message, and then also have the technology available to synthesize the element. But hey, comic book storylines tend to be a little on the ridiculous side anyway.

Having said all that, Iron Man 2 is not very good. Aside from Iron Man 1 and Avengers, Marvel had a really rough stretch of films until Winter Soldier upped the ante moving forward.
    Old 02-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #2301
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    He built the model to show him how to make the atom that would provide sustainable energy for the world. Tony used it for his new chest core since the old core was slowly poisoning him.

It's still a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper stretch to think that Tony would become a genius engineer, stumble on the model, stumble on the video message, and then also have the technology available to synthesize the element. But hey, comic book storylines tend to be a little on the ridiculous side anyway.

Having said all that, Iron Man 2 is not very good. Aside from Iron Man 1 and Avengers, Marvel had a really rough stretch of films until Winter Soldier upped the ante moving forward.

actually that winds up being surely the clearest part of it. Remember the video they show about Tony and Howard at the Vegas award thing at the start of IM1? Tony demonstrated being a math/engineering prodigy when he was still in single digits. Even though he was pretty young when Howard films that little bit for him, he surely would've already been showing positive signs. But obviously there's also a fair amount of usual comic book logic underneath it all too, as you say.
    Plus I always kinda thought from that conversation Nick Fury has with him at his house, there's just a chance Fury already is quite familiar with a lot of the box contents, and he's trying to nudge him in the right direction to get it all for himself.

Last edited by junior94; 02-08-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    Old 02-09-2019, 06:33 AM   #2302
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Rewatched Dark World last night and I gotta be honest...

It's nowhere near as bad as I remember it. It's no GotG, Winter Soldier, etc. but it's not that bad. it's better than Thor 1, IM2 and I'll go so far as to say the only reason it's not better than BP is because of Killmonger.
    Old 02-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #2303
    fuvonks
    Catching a buzz

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

An initial review of Captain Marvel: "Thanos is F*ucked!"

Pretty excited about the movie now with glowing reviews of yesterday's screening with critics.
    fuvonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-20-2019, 07:54 AM   #2304
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuvonks View Post
    An initial review of Captain Marvel: "Thanos is F*ucked!"

Pretty excited about the movie now with glowing reviews of yesterday's screening with critics.
    Of course, this is all assuming she survived the snap. What if the post credits scene showed her getting the page from Nick Fury, and right as she holds the pager up, her hand starts dissolving?
    Old 02-20-2019, 11:02 AM   #2305
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    Of course, this is all assuming she survived the snap. What if the post credits scene showed her getting the page from Nick Fury, and right as she holds the pager up, her hand starts dissolving?
    Which leaves it all up to Ant Man to save the day. That'd be amazing.
    Old 02-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #2306
    weller3377
    Bag It, Tag It

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    But he is stuck in the quantum realm with no way out (that we know of).
    weller3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #2307
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by weller3377 View Post
    But he is stuck in the quantum realm with no way out (that we know of).

Have you not seen the first trailer?

Old 02-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #2308
    weller3377
    Bag It, Tag It

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    Have you not seen the first trailer?
    I haven't. Trying to avoid it
    weller3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #2309
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by weller3377 View Post
    I haven't. Trying to avoid it

Ah, well, okay, I'll stop now.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #2310
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My man crush on Paul Rudd would be forever cemented.