◊◊ The PGA Tour & Tiger Talk ◊◊ - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
View Poll Results: Irrelevant
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #61
hoke2007
#16- I'm with Coco

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***The OFFICIAL Tiger Woods Thread***

I'm just excited to see what Steve Williams does when a spectator yells something negative at Tiger.
hoke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #62
    timg1414

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimibadfish View Post
    The sponsors entered into a business deal in which they were trying to exploit his name to sell product. He doesn't owe them shit either. They dropped him like a bag of dirt. It's business with them. He may have apologized to them, but that's just him doing business.

His family is the only people he really owes anything to.
    Except the millions of people who account for Tigers billion dollar a year industry. Its not his sponsors who buy his products its you and me.
    timg1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #63
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You don't think that by him being him (the best golfer ever) he had all this shit thrown at him? He'd be nuts to NOT take all that money...he didn't wake up one day and say, "I want to have a brand everyone recognizes." That just kind of happened along with his domination of golf. He doesn't owe you shit.
    What do you make of the please "believe in me" part of the speech then? He made all of this our bussiness by saying that.

Please be cool with me for banging whores, please buy my videogame, and please most importantly never ask any questions about the whores or my disappearance.

It's a joke.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #64
    jimibadfish
    Tiger Owes You Nothing

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by timg1414 View Post
    He absolutely does. He has created a public image that was carefully crafted over a decade and his image is what sells products. He owes because he has created a loyal following based his ability and image. Look at the people on here who live and breathe Tiger they think he can do no wrong still. He needs to learn that you cannot turn on and off fame. When you constantly put yourself in front of the camera pimping products you have created an environment where people put you under a microscope both on the course and off.
    I guess if you're part of that sect of pop culture that actually buys your shaving gel and golf balls because your favorite golfer said they were the best then I could understand this point of view.

I'm kind of a dick sometimes. Other times, I'm a total dick. :D
    jimibadfish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #65
    jimibadfish
    Tiger Owes You Nothing

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    What do you make of the please "believe in me" part of the speech then? He made all of this our bussiness by saying that.

Please be cool with me for banging whores, please buy my videogame, and please most importantly never ask any questions about the whores or my disappearance.

It's a joke.
    PR fluff. It is a joke. But I don't really hate TW so much as the culture around him that deems those kind of theatrics necessary. I honestly wish he hadn't even made any statements to the public and just owned the field at Augusta. He's just scrambling to pick up some of the monetary pieces he lost. I guess that's kind of a bitch move, but I really can't blame him.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #66
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I guess if you're part of that sect of pop culture that actually buys your shaving gel and golf balls because your favorite golfer said they were the best then I could understand this point of view.
    That section of pop culture accounts for billions of dollars a year. Nike alone probably makes a billion off Tigers clothing line. I personally do not own any Tiger stuff, but clearly people do because he makes tens of millions in endorsements every year.
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #67
    jimibadfish
    Tiger Owes You Nothing

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Except the millions of people who account for Tigers billion dollar a year industry. Its not his sponsors who buy his products its you and me.
    Dude, I've been drinking Gatorade and using Gillette razors since Michael Jordan was gambling away millions and banging blonde whores in the late 90s. His ex-wife is just a little more understanding, I guess. Thus, no insane episode causing the reality of non-AC Green sports stars to come to light.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #68
    MPizzle06
    EPL CHAMPIONS!

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    He absolutely does. He has created a public image that was carefully crafted over a decade and his image is what sells products. He owes because he has created a loyal following based his ability and image. Look at the people on here who live and breathe Tiger they think he can do no wrong still. He needs to learn that you cannot turn on and off fame. When you constantly put yourself in front of the camera pimping products you have created an environment where people put you under a microscope both on the course and off.
    OK say that he does owe every human on the earth an apology as you say. Well he ALREADY DID THAT. He apologized, and continues to do so and continues to get help for his personal issues. Can't a man just get back to his fucking job? Yes he has to rebuild his image, but dwelling on the past does no one any good.

It's about the GOLF now, as it should be
    MPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #69
    MPizzle06
    EPL CHAMPIONS!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Completely agree
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #70
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Dude, I've been drinking Gatorade and using Gillette razors since Michael Jordan was gambling away millions and banging blonde whores in the late 90s. His ex-wife is just a little more understanding, I guess. Thus, no insane episode causing the reality of non-AC Green sports stars to come to light.
    People pay for his products so he owes the public something more than a statement 4 months later.
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #71
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MPizzle06 View Post
    OK say that he does owe every human on the earth an apology as you say. Well he ALREADY DID THAT. He apologized, and continues to do so and continues to get help for his personal issues. Can't a man just get back to his fucking job? Yes he has to rebuild his image, but dwelling on the past does no one any good.

It's about the GOLF now, as it should be
    If you call what he did an apology. What I call that is a PR stunt by his core group of sponsors and his own handlers to protect his future image against any further damage. He should focus on his job I dont have a problem with that, but dont flipout like a teenaged girl when someone asks you about the 14 women you slept with and dont have people within the PGA protect you from real questions.
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #72
    MPizzle06
    EPL CHAMPIONS!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    People pay for his products so he owes the public something more than a statement 4 months later.
    What does Tiger have to do for you then? Interview with Bob Ley? All you'd say is "oh the questions were all planned and fluff!"

Release a detailed list of slampieces? Would that really lead to progress for him, his family, and the game??

This incessant thought that everyone is owed "something more" is just selfish.
    Old 03-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #73
    jimibadfish
    Tiger Owes You Nothing

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That section of pop culture accounts for billions of dollars a year. Nike alone probably makes a billion off Tigers clothing line. I personally do not own any Tiger stuff, but clearly people do because he makes tens of millions in endorsements every year.
    I couldn't care less about the people losing money off of morons who spend money because a sports star endorses their shit...I mean, yeah, some of the products Tiger endorses are the tits. So I buy them. It's not because he endorses them. You have to be a total moron to take stock advice from a company simply because TW said they were awesome. Nike makes quality gear for the most part. People know this. They will still buy it. Nike realizes this. That's why they are still with Tiger. They believe.........that he'll make them a lot more money down the road after he hits the typical golfer late 30s stride and rewrites all the record books. He hasn't even reached his full potential based on the fact that the big records lie ahead. Almost no doubt many of the companies that dropped him will come clamoring back.

But fuck all that. I just want to see him swing the golf club.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #74
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What does Tiger have to do for you then? Interview with Bob Ley? All you'd say is "oh the questions were all planned and fluff!"

Release a detailed list of slampieces? Would that really lead to progress for him, his family, and the game??

This incessant thought that everyone is owed "something more" is just selfish.
    Dont become a branded celeb if you cant handle heat when you fuck up. He needs to deal with it head on and get the sand out of his vag. This would so be a non-issue by now if he came out in December and said I fucked up sorry. I dont care if he has an imprint of a 9 iron on his face he deserved it.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #75
    MPizzle06
    EPL CHAMPIONS!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If you call what he did an apology. What I call that is a PR stunt by his core group of sponsors and his own handlers to protect his future image against any further damage. He should focus on his job I dont have a problem with that, but dont flipout like a teenaged girl when someone asks you about the 14 women you slept with and dont have people within the PGA protect you from real questions.
    It sounds like you have an issue with the way these "stumbles" are "supposed to be handled" in today's news cycle, and I don't fault you for that. PR for this kind of shit has been transformed constantly since Clinton & Lewinski. But does he really owe you anything? If he's going to apologize or whatever he wants to do, sure maybe that statement wasn't the best way to do that. But my point is that he shouldn't have to apologize to anyone but his family.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #76
    MPizzle06
    EPL CHAMPIONS!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I couldn't care less about the people losing money off of morons who spend money because a sports star endorses their shit...I mean, yeah, some of the products Tiger endorses are the tits. So I buy them. It's not because he endorses them. You have to be a total moron to take stock advice from a company simply because TW said they were awesome. Nike makes quality gear for the most part. People know this. They will still buy it. Nike realizes this. That's why they are still with Tiger. They believe.........that he'll make them a lot more money down the road after he hits the typical golfer late 30s stride and rewrites all the record books. He hasn't even reached his full potential based on the fact that the big records lie ahead. Almost no doubt many of the companies that dropped him will come clamoring back.

But fuck all that. I just want to see him swing the golf club.
    This really is all I care about as well I'll be at the PGA Championship at Whistling Straits and I can't wait to watch Tiger, Paddy, Villegas, Phil, and everyone else in Kohler, WI
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #77
    jimibadfish
    Tiger Owes You Nothing

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Dont become a branded celeb if you cant handle heat when you fuck up. He needs to deal with it head on and get the sand out of his vag. This would so be a non-issue by now if he came out in December and said I fucked up sorry. I dont care if he has an imprint of a 9 iron on his face he deserved it.
    Do you think he should come completely forward and tell the cops and the public that his wife smacked him with a golf club? You think he should let us all the way into his life? Reality TV style? Cameras 24/7 around his residence so you can keep an eye on his activities?

I mean really man. TW owes you nothing.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #78
    MPizzle06
    EPL CHAMPIONS!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Do you think he should come completely forward and tell the cops and the public that his wife smacked him with a golf club? You think he should let us all the way into his life? Reality TV style? Cameras 24/7 around his residence so you can keep an eye on his activities?

Agreed Doing any of that shit would do NOTHING for his progress or the progress of the game.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #79
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Well last time I checked lying to the police was a felony so yes he should be completely forward with the police. Personally, I think a lot of people have little to no sympathy for Tiger and Elin would be justified hitting him with a golf club. I dont care what he tells us in terms of what happened between him and his wife that between them unless involves a crime. I dont really care what he does, but when you run and hide from the media it makes you look bad not your wife, not your family, just you.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #80
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Agreed Doing any of that shit would do NOTHING for his progress or the progress of the game.
    The only reason people care about golf is because Tiger. The PGA will do whatever to protect him. Look at the ratings while he was out no one cared about golf at all.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #81
    jimibadfish
    Tiger Owes You Nothing

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well last time I checked lying to the police was a felony so yes he should be completely forward with the police. Personally, I think a lot of people have little to no sympathy for Tiger and Elin would be justified hitting him with a golf club. I dont care what he tells us in terms of what happened between him and his wife that between them unless involves a crime. I dont really care what he does, but when you run and hide from the media it makes you look bad not your wife, not your family, just you.
    I lose respect for people when they rat out loved ones to the police for things they ultimately caused. It wouldn't do any good for him to tell the cops she beat his ass. Especially for her.

You do care what he does. Obviously. I care. Like I'd be bummed for a minute if I found out he was never playing golf again. But I couldn't care less outside of that. It's not like he's been raping bitches.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #82
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I lose respect for people when they rat out loved ones to the police for things they ultimately caused. It wouldn't do any good for him to tell the cops she beat his ass. Especially for her.

You do care what he does. Obviously. I care. Like I'd be bummed for a minute if I found out he was never playing golf again. But I couldn't care less outside of that. It's not like he's been raping bitches.
    His actions with the dozen or so women does not bother me in the least. Its the handling of the whole situation after Thanksgiving that bothers me. I just thought it was gutless to run off and claim you have an addiction and not show your face for 4 months. Take the heat like a man and dont skip work.

If Tiger said Elin hit him with a golf club do you really think she would face charges? I dont. She would get off scott free every women on jury would say good for you girl.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #83
    RJP2741

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This. He calls the cops on Elin, he's ultimately a bigger douche than everyone thinks he is now. Imagine, he gets caught for having 20 mistresses, and his wife goes to jail for trying to hit him after she found out about it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
    Once again RJ brings the knowledge.
    RJP2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #84
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJP2741 View Post
    This. He calls the cops on Elin, he's ultimately a bigger douche than everyone thinks he is now. Imagine, he gets caught for having 20 mistresses, and his wife goes to jail for trying to hit him after she found out about it.
    Dont call the cops on her. That was already done when he crashed into a tree, but they ask say yeah she hit me. His wife would never ever go to jail for what she did. She is famous come on you know celebs do not go to jail in the US.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #85
    RJP2741

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Dont call the cops on her. That was already done when he crashed into a tree, but they ask say yeah she hit me. His wife would never ever go to jail for what she did. She is famous come on you know celebs do not go to jail in the US.
    No, I know that. Just interesting to think about. Tiger admitting that Elin hit him would just add to how much he has fallen. He'd be made out to be a cry baby/bitch/etc for running to the cops after he's been cheating on his wife for years.

Quote:
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #86
    timg1414

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJP2741 View Post
    No, I know that. Just interesting to think about. Tiger admitting that Elin hit him would just add to how much he has fallen. He'd be made out to be a cry baby/bitch/etc for running to the cops after he's been cheating on his wife for years.
    From the sounds of it there was no question what caused the injury to Tiger when they arrived at the scene, especially since the back window was broken out of the car. Its not usually how people escape the drivers seat of a 7 passanger SUV.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #87
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

I might be a bitch, but if someone busts my face with a sand wedge I'm calling the cops.
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #88
    jimibadfish
    Tiger Owes You Nothing

My Tour Central Stats

I think it's naive to believe Elin wouldn't face charges or any ramifications if Tiger was honest with the cops.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #89
    RJP2741

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think it's naive to believe Elin wouldn't face charges or any ramifications if Tiger was honest with the cops.
    She'd face charges but nothing would come of it. She wouldn't serve any time or anything. I'm sure of it would have helped with the divorce proceedings though if Tiger wanted to go that route.

Quote:
    Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #90
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

There is a difference between facing charges and going to jail. The part of the story that has no plausible explanation is why Tiger hid from the law and why the law didn't dig deeper.

Tags
    ballwasher , golf , muskie is a cheater , pga championship , pga tour , put a shirt on , rory mcilroy , the masters , tiger woods