Coffin On 2021 Tour... - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 12-31-2020, 08:32 PM   #91
podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
Until when? I think it’s strange that we’re going to need vaccine proof all of a sudden when there’s been fully booked airline flights, restaurants, and other events happening throughout the country this last year. I’ve never had to show proof that I’ve been vaccinated against smallpox or measles before going into a concert.
The new normal, my friend... the new normal. It's not just a saying, it's a real thing, and we're living it. Things will never be like they were.
podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-01-2021, 06:56 AM   #92
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    I do wonder if vaccine passports will become a thing to enter concerts in 2021.
    The new scalper item
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-01-2021, 09:23 AM   #93
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Its when/how not if concerts comeback in 21 from my pov. That industry won't take 2 years off. They will find a way to make some shows happen.
    This is where I'm at with it. They can't afford to take 2 years off. Whether it's socially distanced shows or saying fuck it and going fully back in, I don't know. But I do know there will be significantly more live music this year. I know two venues in town both had little to no shows in 2020 but have already said they're rolling out big for 2021.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lieinmygrave41 View Post
    Only read page 1, but I'm assuming any concert venue is going to ask for proof of vaccination before anyone can enter. Logical thing to do.
    I believe for at least this year and maybe next year we'll probably need proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter any event that doesn't practice social distancing, but I'm seeing some problems with it.

How do you determine when to start the program? General vaccine administration is going to vary state-by-state. It's unfair to say you can't come to a show unless you have proof of vaccination when your state doesn't even offer opportunities to get a vaccine.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #94
    Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

In a different tread a fellow fan that works inside the venue industry brought up some of the potential challenges. And points out the potential conflict of public vs private venues.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EhwinNichole View Post
    Here's an article about the "medical voucher" - or in this case an app - and where they are in the process - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/t...e=articleShare

Talks are starting back up with stadiums using this app but the venue industry is abuzz about this. An article went out a month or so ago that sounded like Live Nation was going to do it, but they have since said they didn't say they were, but all options are on the table. There are some legal issues... private venues (like The Gorge) will be allowed to require this, but publicly owned venues (those owned by municipalities - which some stadiums and arenas are... probably some amphitheaters too) probably won't be able to require this. Venues will fight this because of it - if some can and some can't, they usually band together to either require it of all or require it of none. That really has nothing to do with the campground question, but just an update. I sit on an industry affairs committee for venues and it's been an interesting discussion.

I would imagine the camp ground, because it's run by Live Nation, would require it IF the venue itself requires. I would think private camp grounds will likely not require it unless forced to by law and if law forces them to, then they have to navigate the tricky waters of government owned camp grounds (state parks, county parks, national parks... etc).

I don't know one way or another, not an expert, just speaking from my knowledge within the venue industry. It will be interesting to see play out.
    You bring up a good point state by state will vary as well.

I think the next few months will be full of discussions, challenges, and changes.

- J
    Jake C is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #95
    IndyDMB

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

If you're dying to see concerts, there's one venue still open.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...464840193?s=09

No masks and top level talent.

2024 - Deer Creek & Gorge
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-01-2021, 05:17 PM   #96
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDMB View Post

Will miss DMB in 2021, but looking forward to several Vanilla Ice shows. Maybe Ted Nugent will guest in the encore.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #97
    willndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDMB View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    Will miss DMB in 2021, but looking forward to several Vanilla Ice shows. Maybe Ted Nugent will guest in the encore.
    Was that Jr near the end?
    Old 01-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #98
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Vanilla Ice >>>> DMB, current DMB imagine going to see them ..... am I doing it right?
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #99
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    Was that Jr near the end?

Yes, said he and his Gargoyle girlfriend had an incredible time.
    Old 01-07-2021, 06:02 PM   #100
    ptothec2004
    Done Paying 4 Your Shit

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We're going to have another year of it.

Many have been BEGGING people to wear masks, to social distance, and refrain from traveling and gathering for holidays and other occasions. It hasn't worked for the last 10 months, and it may work slightly better with a leader of the country who has a Brain and Cares about people's lives.

But the train has left the station. Given how things are going with the vaccination roll out, it's going to be AT LEAST September before enough of the country is vaccinated, to allow large gatherings. And even then, I doubt events will be back to or near 100% capacity levels.

Given the costs involved, groups like DMB are not going to do lots of dates with limited capacities. Things like that are more feasible with a sporting event, given the game will occur regardless of whether less than a stadium full, or Any fans are even present.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait to the last possible moment to cancel/postpone any Summer dates. But that doesn't mean they expect the shows to go on as scheduled, any more than they did last summer's shows. If venues are already anticipating being dark next summer, you can bet bands like DMB know that the writing is on the wall at this point.

And booking venues for 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022: DEER CREEK & PHOENIX
    ptothec2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2021, 07:04 PM   #101
    jssmith6
    every fire dies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We're going to have another year of it.

Many have been BEGGING people to wear masks, to social distance, and refrain from traveling and gathering for holidays and other occasions. It hasn't worked for the last 10 months, and it may work slightly better with a leader of the country who has a Brain and Cares
    has a brain! Ha
    jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2021, 08:54 PM   #102
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

2022 will probably be the next time we can see DMB like we want to, which is sad but the most likely scenario. I just hope we get some more cool sessions with the full band like we saw with the Dave & Carter session. Doing 3-4 of those might be a lot of fun. Plus hopefully the new album and Live Trax/reissues will also be really great to keep us busy until 2022. I bet 2021 will still be a good year for the band.
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #103
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post
    2022 will probably be the next time we can see DMB like we want to, which is sad but the most likely scenario. I just hope we get some more cool sessions with the full band like we saw with the Dave & Carter session. Doing 3-4 of those might be a lot of fun. Plus hopefully the new album and Live Trax/reissues will also be really great to keep us busy until 2022. I bet 2021 will still be a good year for the band.
    Probably the most level headed post on this board in a long time. Well said.
    Old 01-08-2021, 04:37 PM   #104
    stoga09

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jssmith6 View Post
    has a brain! Ha
    We still wont have one of those
    stoga09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2021, 07:27 AM   #105
    SoCalDMBLover

My Tour Central Stats

I never expected that I'd have a growing Ignore list on Ants, but here we are. All of you Drumpf lovers, who feel like defending him, and putting down soon to be President Biden, can feel free to do likewise, and put me on Ignore.

If after Everything that's happened the last 4 days, let alone the last 4 years, Drumpf still has your undying loyalty, I really have no interest in any Moronic things you might have to say.
    Old 01-09-2021, 07:28 AM   #106
    stoga09

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I never expected that I'd have a growing Ignore list on Ants, but here we are. All of you Drumpf lovers, who feel like defending him, and putting down soon to be President Biden, can feel free to do likewise, and put me on Ignore.

If after Everything that's happened the last 4 days, let alone the last 4 years, Drumpf still has your undying loyalty, I really have no interest in any Moronic things you might have to say.
    Nice try. Not a drumpf supporter. Not a joey china supporter either.
    stoga09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2021, 08:10 AM   #107
    ArmyDMB41

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

What would prevent DMB or any band for that matter touring in non-shutdown states and playing to reduced crowds, while also charging a fee for everyone else to stream it? They used to do things like this in the past for the gorge. Just do it for the entire tour. Charge something like $10 for an individual concert or $99 for the entire tour. Would that not be profitable?
    ArmyDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2021, 11:53 AM   #108
    greyant2

Shows Seen: 169

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmyDMB41 View Post
    What would prevent DMB or any band for that matter touring in non-shutdown states and playing to reduced crowds, while also charging a fee for everyone else to stream it? They used to do things like this in the past for the gorge. Just do it for the entire tour. Charge something like $10 for an individual concert or $99 for the entire tour. Would that not be profitable?
    For starters, no one knows when states will be taking reopening steps, either forward or backwards, and those moves often come on very short notice.

Shows I've Seen
    Facebook
    greyant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2021, 06:17 PM   #109
    willndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmyDMB41 View Post
    I wouldn’t buy more than one and that’s even a stretch but I know lots would buy in.
    That’s said, DMB is lazy with stuff like that, I.e. Instant live and such, even if it was profitable I don’t think they would want to do it
    Old 01-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #110
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    I wouldn’t buy more than one and that’s even a stretch but I know lots would buy in.
    That’s said, DMB is lazy with stuff like that, I.e. Instant live and such, even if it was profitable I don’t think they would want to do it
    Yeah and if we bought the $99 entire tour package through Music Today, it probably wouldn't be processed until 2024.
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-10-2021, 03:59 AM   #111
    skoobz314
    Yea...that happened

Location: On the corner of Grey Street (at the end of the road)

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Last night on the ABC special about the vaccine Fauci said the vaccine would be widely available late March/early April. Sounds like the timeline is moving up some. If we have 810 million vaccines ordered, and all are on a path to be approved as scheduled, I'm starting to lean more and more into we might actually have concerts this summer. I hate this feeling of optimism because it hurts so much worse when things don't pan out.
    CNN interviewed Dr. Leana Wen not long ago and she said:

"The end of Covid-19 could come once we get to herd immunity. We don't know exactly how many people will need to develop immunity to get to this point, though experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci estimate that this could take up to 85% of the American people to be vaccinated. At that level of immunity in the community, coronavirus would have nowhere else to spread and could essentially die out. With the speed of vaccine rollout so far, getting anywhere close to that level is going to take some time. Also, clinical trials are just getting started on children, so it will take probably until summer or fall for children to be vaccinated. We have to frame getting vaccinated differently. Vaccination is not a "do whatever I want" pass, but rather another tool to reduce our risk. Wearing a mask is another such tool, as is social distancing, and we want to keep up using as many tools as we can to protect ourselves."

Until we hit an immunity level where the CDC and various health departments around the country believe the danger has passed, nothing like concerts, sporting events and live entertainment will return in any form we know it to be. The liability and everything that goes along with it still exists as it did when they "postponed" the 2020 tour. I still think we won't see anything until the late summer or early fall.

Last edited by skoobz314; 01-10-2021 at 04:01 AM.
    skoobz314 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-10-2021, 08:51 AM   #112
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

There's also the logistical matter that some shows haven't even gone on sale yet. If those shows were to happen as scheduled, they'd have to be announcing that somewhat soon. Probably the pre-sale in Feb and the general sale in March. I can't imagine them putting additional shows on sale right now, especially for a tour that's going to be postponed.

I believe what will happen is that we won't hear anything until March, when they will postpone the June/July shows, with the intention of starting the tour around Gorge time. They will probably try to reschedule as many of the June/July shows as they can, even if that means playing outdoors on some crisp October evenings (which I think would be great for a change).

It's anybody's guess if concerts can happen by September, but I am leaning towards no, and that all of these shows will be pushed back another year. I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NOW!!!!
    Old 01-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #113
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skoobz314 View Post
    CNN interviewed Dr. Leana Wen not long ago and she said:

"The end of Covid-19 could come once we get to herd immunity. We don't know exactly how many people will need to develop immunity to get to this point, though experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci estimate that this could take up to 85% of the American people to be vaccinated. At that level of immunity in the community, coronavirus would have nowhere else to spread and could essentially die out. With the speed of vaccine rollout so far, getting anywhere close to that level is going to take some time. Also, clinical trials are just getting started on children, so it will take probably until summer or fall for children to be vaccinated. We have to frame getting vaccinated differently. Vaccination is not a "do whatever I want" pass, but rather another tool to reduce our risk. Wearing a mask is another such tool, as is social distancing, and we want to keep up using as many tools as we can to protect ourselves."

Until we hit an immunity level where the CDC and various health departments around the country believe the danger has passed, nothing like concerts, sporting events and live entertainment will return in any form we know it to be. The liability and everything that goes along with it still exists as it did when they "postponed" the 2020 tour. I still think we won't see anything until the late summer or early fall.
    I have since that post come in and stated multiple times I don't see summer being a reality anymore. The absolute disaster this rollout has been thus far gives me no hope for a normal summer or any chance of shows happening until late fall/winter at earliest.

That said, I'm not in charge of the concert industry. I'm not sure they can survive another year off. I think we'll see live music more in 2021 than 2020, even assuming we have a fairly normal fall/winter. Whether it's normal fare or more socially distanced, drive-in stuff. I know several venues in my town have already stated they're having music this year regardless.

Personally, I'm at the tipping point of my fatigue. I'm tired of being locked down. About a month after I get the first jab, all bets are off. I'm going to dinner, I'm traveling and I'm going to start living my life again. My wife is getting her second inoculation tomorrow and I already feel like I'm holding her back from living. But by the time I'm able to get a jab under the current plan, life may very well be back to mostly normal since the at risk groups will have been tended to.
    Old 01-11-2021, 04:49 AM   #114
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    There's also the logistical matter that some shows haven't even gone on sale yet. If those shows were to happen as scheduled, they'd have to be announcing that somewhat soon. Probably the pre-sale in Feb and the general sale in March. I can't imagine them putting additional shows on sale right now, especially for a tour that's going to be postponed.

I believe what will happen is that we won't hear anything until March, when they will postpone the June/July shows, with the intention of starting the tour around Gorge time. They will probably try to reschedule as many of the June/July shows as they can, even if that means playing outdoors on some crisp October evenings (which I think would be great for a change).

It's anybody's guess if concerts can happen by September, but I am leaning towards no, and that all of these shows will be pushed back another year. I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NOW!!!!
    I don't think this will be the case. Most likely they would push June/July to 2022 since its basically the whole summer tour, and then add the Gorge and a handful of others in late August/early September
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2021, 07:07 AM   #115
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

I don't think they push dates from 2021 to 2022, they likely cancel and refund everyone's money.
    Old 01-11-2021, 07:20 AM   #116
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't think they push dates from 2021 to 2022, they likely cancel and refund everyone's money.
    Or that. I think either option is way more likely than pushing summer 2021 dates into fall 2021
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2021, 07:43 AM   #117
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

I think they’ll probably just roll the dates again into 2022. That way they still have everybody’s money. If they cancel and refund, there’s no guarantee they get that Money back in 2022. I am curious as to who will be the first band / act to make the 2022 announcement, and when that will be. Probably not until March.

Man, remember last year when some of us were speculating that everything in 2020 from the Gorge and after might still go ahead. Now here we are, pretty certain that no shows will happen in 2021! Who knew?!
    Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 AM   #118
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    I think they’ll probably just roll the dates again into 2022. That way they still have everybody’s money. If they cancel and refund, there’s no guarantee they get that Money back in 2022. I am curious as to who will be the first band / act to make the 2022 announcement, and when that will be. Probably not until March.

Man, remember last year when some of us were speculating that everything in 2020 from the Gorge and after might still go ahead. Now here we are, pretty certain that no shows will happen in 2021! Who knew?!
    Elton John has already moved all of his US dates to 2022.

I say the band cancels. Billie Eilish decided to cancel her whole tour after seeing she'd be holding on to fan's money for more than a year. I think the band follows suit if that's what happens.

I do want to preface that yes, the writing does seem on the wall, we're still talking about things ~6 months away. A lot can happen in that time period. Again, things aren't trending in the right direction, but I'm going to hold on to optimism or else things would be too bleak to carry on.
    Old 01-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #119
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Elton John has already moved all of his US dates to 2022.

I say the band cancels. Billie Eilish decided to cancel her whole tour after seeing she'd be holding on to fan's money for more than a year. I think the band follows suit if that's what happens.

I do want to preface that yes, the writing does seem on the wall, we're still talking about things ~6 months away. A lot can happen in that time period. Again, things aren't trending in the right direction, but I'm going to hold on to optimism or else things would be too bleak to carry on.
    I have been seeing a TeleHealth therapist for the last few months. It’s been great. It really helps me process all the negativity and know what to do with those thoughts. I am not very optimistic about much lately, but it doesn’t depress me or cause me panic, it just is what it is. I highly recommend this to everyone, it’s worked wonders for me.
    Old 01-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #120
    Fpuonpko

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

I say just cancel and do on demand streaming shows. The band gets together once a week and performs and rotates around.

do a show with just dave. dave + carter, the whole band. Dave and fonzy, etc. Just a bunch of mixes like that. throw in tons of rare hits - we know stefan wants to play X songs that never get picked. let him help craft the setlist. and sell tickets. They can play in an empty venue in their home town or whatever. heck even do it multiple times a week. charge like $100.00 virtual summer pass for every show or like $15.00 per show. something like that. WH members get a 50% discount or a free show(s)

there is a lot they could do to be creative and still put out music

plus do a whole new album release album release show, play the entire album start to finish. promote on talk shows, virtually,

not the best in the world as live music but a great way to be engaging
    Fpuonpko is offline   Reply With Quote