*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 9290 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-20-2020, 04:48 AM   #278671
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
I've seen this a few places, and maybe here as well, but if Kelly wins the AZ Senate seat, he could take office on November 30 since it's a special election. So if 3 GOP senators hold their ground, that would be enough to stop the confirmation if it's still up in the air on November 30.
They'll just confirm on November 29th in that case.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-20-2020, 04:54 AM   #278672
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    I realize the futility in asking about historical precedent with a guy like Mitch McConnell calling the shots, but has a SCOTUS nominee ever been pushed through within 10 weeks of the seat opening?
    Old 09-20-2020, 05:55 AM   #278673
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    RBG on court packing.... She’s 1000% correct.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/24/74463...ery-much-alive
    Unfortunately I disagree. Dems need to be done taking the high road...look where it’s gotten them.

Republicans have shown that they have a complete lack of honesty, ethics, morals...fuck...pick any virtue...they don’t got it. But they are great cheaters. And they will unfortunately continue to win unless Dems start playing on the same field. I don’t see any other way around it.

It’s a sad state of affairs.
    MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 06:02 AM   #278674
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

When you have no morals it’s easy to just be so blatantly hypocritical. Literally has been the pillar of the GOP for decades.
    Old 09-20-2020, 06:08 AM   #278675
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

The major findings of our new national NBC News/WSJ poll:

1. Biden maintains his national lead over Trump.

Biden 51% (+1 since Aug)
    Trump 43% (+2 since Aug)

Sept 13-16, +/- 3.1%, registered voters

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/...991552514?s=19

2. The poll was conducted before Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death on Sept. 18, but it identifies only 11% of voters as being up for grabs, with nearly 90% having firmly made up their minds already

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/...584253440?s=19

Trump has run out of voters. At this point the Only way he wins is with suppression.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 07:27 AM   #278676
    vkratliff

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mthawk07 View Post
    I realize the futility in asking about historical precedent with a guy like Mitch McConnell calling the shots, but has a SCOTUS nominee ever been pushed through within 10 weeks of the seat opening?
    Just saw that the average time is about 70 days. We're now 44 days away from the election.

But like others have said, it won't matter. They'll just push it through in the lame duck session. There's plenty of time for them to do this.
    vkratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 07:34 AM   #278677
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

https://youtu.be/QQ3_AJ5Ysx0

Too good.
    Old 09-20-2020, 07:35 AM   #278678
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    It was hyperbole Baboon. Trump is the most LGBT friendly president ever elected
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    ???

say he's not... and provide facts.
    Quote:
    Are we going to do that thing where I say a statement, provide support and facts, you ignore it and troll and never provide anything substantial to refute my claim? I like doing that, don't get me wrong, but it gets old.

So, I'd like to change roles here. Why do you think he is, and what has he done in his first two(ish) weeks as POTUS to make you believe so.
    Quote:
    normally i like the accuser to assume the burden of proof. it usually keeps people from making false claims... buuuuut....

how about how he's on the record FOR YEARS saying how open to LGBT he is. the rainbow flag photo op. and, how he made all the idiots melting yesterday look like giant gaping assholes today with his statement.

your turn.
    Quote:
    Rainbow flag photo op and not shredding Obama's EO on protections > Rainbow White House and Obama actually signing the EO?

Yup. Sure
    Quote:
    not seeing your response in this. just a typical side step.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-tr...dly-republican

you can go ahead and tap out by admitting that you were trolling with lol guys and nothing to back it up.
    Quote:
    No, remember I was doing what you do. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

But, seriously, your 'support' was a rainbow flag picture and lack of destroying the (actual most LGBT friendly POTUS') EO protecting rights? You can't think that makes any sense.

Obama fought for the end of Don't Ask Don't Tell, DOMA, and signed the EO Trump was tempted to rip up.

Trump has been in office under two weeks and hasn't done anything new for the LGBT community. Maybe he does something eventually and can earn the title of most LGBT friendly POTUS ever, but until he does something (anything) it's a laughable claim and only deserves lol guys.

PS - your link says 2016's most LGBT friendly Republican. That's quite a bit different than what we're talking about.
    Quote:
    "b..b..bbbut his VP is a nasty man!"

media lied (as uuge). liberals lost their shit.

Trump assured them, again, he's a friend of the LGBT community.

someone here mentioned he's the most LGBT friendly POTUS ever.

Baboon trolled with lol guys.

i asked Baboon to go ahead and back that up with ANY ounce of an instance where POTUS was not.

he chickened out and put the burden of proof on me. i supplied plenty.

Baboon empty responded, side stepped.

i asked Baboon to make his argument more clear.

:crickets.

conclusion... Baboon was trolling
    Something that's informed a lot of my 2018/2020 analysis: this @ForecasterEnten piece about 2016 voter views of Trump. He was seen as the most moderate GOP nominee in decades. Rs have been thrilled by the social conservatism, but not Obama-Trump voters. https://t.co/KDyYWvLqzj

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...725291520?s=19

This strikes me as an important insight. In 2016, plenty of voters projected secret pro-choice, pro-LGBTQ views onto Trump—his GOP rivals even claimed he was a Democrat! Now he's about to nominate a Supreme Court justice who openly pledges to overturn Roe. Seems dicey.

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/...643472903?s=19

That's a shame for Justin. Who could have predicted he was going to be wrong?
    Old 09-20-2020, 08:01 AM   #278679
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Saturday scoop: Democratic Senate candidate Mike Espy has already broken a single-day fundraising record since RBG's death was announced.

Dems clearly galvanized by the Senate's role in replacing RBG on the court. Are they starting to notice #MSSen?

https://t.co/3ebbe3Hvc1

Like I asked yesterday....any updates on republican fundraising? I keep seeing huge numbers on the dem side.
    In the 48 hours after Biden's VP announcement, dems raised $48M.

In less than 24 hours after RBG's passing, dems raised $70M+.

oops!
    Old 09-20-2020, 08:06 AM   #278680
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is the date I'm watching, which gives them 70 days as of today

Which is right inside the window for them to pull it off. Gorsuch, Sotomayor and Roberts were all under 70 days, according to this tweet
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 08:06 AM   #278681
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Wow Bill Clinton looks terrible. Seems older than Jimmy Carter at this point.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #278682
    vkratliff

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    Wow Bill Clinton looks terrible. Seems older than Jimmy Carter at this point.
    Agreed. Weird pauses between (and in the middle of) sentences, too. It might have been the technical lag that seemed to be happening, but it was an unsettling look.

I understand why he was asked on the Sunday morning shows this morning. He nominated RBG. But any public reminder of the Clintons this close to the election just makes me wince.
    Old 09-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #278683
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Bill clinton is younger than both Trump and Biden.
    Old 09-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #278684
    vkratliff

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Crazy to think about, especially after this morning.

I still don't know where his legacy is going to land. Between him and Gingrich, the '90s might have seen an economic boom, but the toxic cultural stew of that decade has poisoned so much of what's come after.
    Old 09-20-2020, 08:50 AM   #278685
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Just saw LP FB ad with the Lindsey “use my words against me” video.

So between that and the statement they put out, I’d say the attacks on them were unwarranted.
    Old 09-20-2020, 09:04 AM   #278686
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    I only post in this thread on occasion but I always make sure to back read. I have a few favorite posters in this thread:

Babs - I don’t understand half the shit he posts about the economy but he’s a smart dude.

Climb - Entertainment all the way. I have no idea if he’s doing schtick or if he’s out of his mind but nonetheless, he fun to read.

Steng - dude holds no punches. He calls people out and does so with an uppercut

Drakan - didn’t like him before but he grew on me.

Coldandsomething - a little too left for me but he reps Cali

Mhawk something or other (the dude from Florida) - his politics are most aligned with my politics.

Posters I don’t like:

Roger - if I have to hear one more drunk rant about Chicago, I will throw my phone through my window.

Sincerely,
    Drunk Neumdogg

PS: fuck Yellowtail....that shit is disgusting.
    PSS: thank god Seekupchuck is no longer a thing on this site. He really hates Jews.
    PSSS: I miss DJ General.

I wanted to make some updated prompter poster comments. I needed to add some people to the list too.

Babs - Hands down the best poster in this thread. The king of the prompter. The most thought out responses and incredibly smart.

Climb - Still entertaining. And I still have no idea if he’s doing schtick or if he’s out of his mind but nonetheless.

Steng - I feel like I have seen less of him in here which makes me sad. But when he does comment, he still takes no bullshit. Calls people out on their shit.

Drakan - Solid poster when he comes in. Maybe late on some links, but still has a good heart.

Coldandsomething - I LOVE that he loves the Simpsons. Very funny and thoughtful poster....even if he's a Bernie bro

Mhawk something or other (the dude from Florida) - Nothing new from last time...his politics are most aligned with my politics.

Cazzie - I have no idea how this guy remembers posts that other people made like 8 years ago. Truly fucking impressive. Loves when he quotes his own posts from years ago and says "I told you so."

Rodey - He's like Steng Jr. Calls people out all the time for their shit. Not as viciously as Steng, but still great!

Useliteski - Please get on some meds. You are scaring people.

mYeAgZ55/mdel21/Route - I am pretty sure you are the same person.

TheLastPig/TwoStep2888/Dannyyankou - Complete alarmists and I think they hate the US. But ultimately they just want everyone to love each other.

ExistenceNow - He's a mod. That's all I can say.

mdmarvich - Some ridiculous comments but ultimately means well.

daveshookme - Another poster who is very thoughtful. Things things through, and posts with humor and education.

kydmb99/ToySoldier#34 - The same person. The same politics. Glad they are here. We need smart Repubs. They may get in arguments with other people in this thread but they never back down. Great contributors.

Lee3691 - An Angeleno in Texas. I will always have love for Lee

DMBstandUP1984 - I think he's the funniest poster in here. Always lightens the thread. Too bad he's MIA.

Jeepkid - A little cray cray with the guns

Aparker - A VERY poor man's kydmb99/ToySoldier#34 for 2 reasons - 1) He's voting for Trump and 2) he NEVER brings facts.

That's it! Miss ya, Roger!
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 09:09 AM   #278687
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Combined!
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 09:14 AM   #278688
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

New poll has Biden within 2 in texas. 48-46.

Just for comparison let's go back to 2018 Senate race:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...310.html#polls

The RCP average was cruz +6.8. he ended up winning +2.6

The final five polls were cruz +9, 3, 10, 5, 6.

The chances for a huge blowout are just as real as Trump winning.
    Old 09-20-2020, 09:15 AM   #278689
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Call back posts are my favorite. The old Shotty hypocrisy posts are easy, but cazzie digs deep. Probably my favorite poster in this thread.

Most helpful and informative poster is obvs BTorangutan.

I come to this thread for breaking news, highlights of Twitter, etc. Its a one stop shop so i dont have to wade thru the internet myself.

Lotta good posters, neum pretty much nailed the Rogues Gallery.

I consider all of you Rogues, so that counts for everyone.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #278690
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    New poll has Biden within 2 in texas. 48-46.

Just for comparison let's go back to 2018 Senate race:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...310.html#polls

The RCP average was cruz +6.8. he ended up winning +2.6

The final five polls were cruz +9, 3, 10, 5, 6.

The chances for a huge blowout are just as real as Trump winning.
    That YouGov poll of Texas is another data point in my hypothesis that Biden is doing as well/better than HRC with hispanic/latino voters; outside of Florida - that the perception of his "latino problem" is skewed based on one intra-demographic in one state.

The demographic data shows Biden +31 (61%-30%) with hispanic/latino voters in Texas. 2016 exit polls showed HRC +27 (61%-34%) with the demographic.

Mirrors what I said the other day after polling out of AZ:

Quote:
    The AZ poll gives an interesting look at demographic splits: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttoo...72695/full.pdf

It shows that Biden and Trump are essentially tied with white voters (45% for Biden, 46% for Trump), while Biden is +31 with Hispanic/Latino voters. According to exit polls in 2016, Trump won whites in the state by +14, and HRC won Hispanic/Latinos by +30: https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/re...zona/president

It somewhat reaffirms the notion that Biden's perceived Latino problem may in fact be a Cuban problem, limited to Florida.
    Quote:
    Adding to this discussion, the Monmouth poll of AZ from yesterday showed similar results for Biden with Hispanic/Latino voters: https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...az_091720.pdf/

Among "latino-only" voters in the poll, Biden has 63% support to Trump's 33% - the +30 gap is the same as exit polls from 2016, and the 63% is 2% higher than HRC.

Biden caught flak for saying it, but Latino voters are, indeed, more diverse in their voting preference than black voters are (not to say black voters are a monolith). The diversity in national roots and ancestral origins play a huge role in this; and it could help explain why Biden's weakness with the demographic in Florida isn't really seen elsewhere in the country.

Last edited by BTBaboon; 09-20-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #278691
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    kydmb99/ToySoldier#34 - The same person. The same politics. Glad they are here. We need smart Repubs. They may get in arguments with other people in this thread but they never back down. Great contributors.

Wish we had more principled conservatives here. I don't agree with them on much, policy wise, and we get into some heated debate. But I think there thread is better for it, and I appreciate their contributions and viewpoints even if we will never agree on key subjects.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    BTorangutan.
    Get your primates straight!

Old 09-20-2020, 10:28 AM   #278692
    UNLTrpt
    Go B1G Red!

Shows Seen: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The major findings of our new national NBC News/WSJ poll:

1. Biden maintains his national lead over Trump.

Biden 51% (+1 since Aug)
    Trump 43% (+2 since Aug)

Sept 13-16, +/- 3.1%, registered voters

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/...991552514?s=19

2. The poll was conducted before Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death on Sept. 18, but it identifies only 11% of voters as being up for grabs, with nearly 90% having firmly made up their minds already

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/...584253440?s=19

Trump has run out of voters. At this point the Only way he wins is with suppression.
    I wonder if a "Clinton-like email scandal" or something to that effect would sway enough voters at this point.
    UNLTrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:28 AM   #278693
    bbqguy1962

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I wanted to make some updated prompter poster comments. I needed to add some people to the list too.

Babs - Hands down the best poster in this thread. The king of the prompter. The most thought out responses and incredibly smart.

Climb - Still entertaining. And I still have no idea if he’s doing schtick or if he’s out of his mind but nonetheless.

Steng - I feel like I have seen less of him in here which makes me sad. But when he does comment, he still takes no bullshit. Calls people out on their shit.

Drakan - Solid poster when he comes in. Maybe late on some links, but still has a good heart.

Coldandsomething - I LOVE that he loves the Simpsons. Very funny and thoughtful poster....even if he's a Bernie bro

Mhawk something or other (the dude from Florida) - Nothing new from last time...his politics are most aligned with my politics.

Cazzie - I have no idea how this guy remembers posts that other people made like 8 years ago. Truly fucking impressive. Loves when he quotes his own posts from years ago and says "I told you so."

Rodey - He's like Steng Jr. Calls people out all the time for their shit. Not as viciously as Steng, but still great!

TheLastPig/TwoStep2888/Dannyyankou - Complete alarmists and I think they hate the US. But ultimately they just want everyone to love each other.

daveshookme - Another poster who is very thoughtful. Things things through, and posts with humor and education.

DMBstandUP1984 - I think he's the funniest poster in here. Always lightens the thread. Too bad he's MIA.

Aparker - A VERY poor man's kydmb99/ToySoldier#34 for 2 reasons - 1) He's voting for Trump and 2) he NEVER brings facts.

When I grow up I want to make it on this list.

Keep up the fight Roger!!

All my very best,
    Jack Layton (1950 - 2011)
    bbqguy1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #278694
    mYeAgZ55

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I think we were/are all Mayor Pete stans
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #278695
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No joke on this one. I feel bad for thinking it, but when I heard about someone sending ricin to the White House, for some reason I immediately thought of him.
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #278696
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, I’m gonna need some quotes on the “ridiculous comments” charge
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #278697
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

oh I care so much about what strangers think. what ever will i do?!

to a few people here, have a good day.
    Useliteski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #278698
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

everyone itt is great keep up the good work
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #278699
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    Yeah, I’m gonna need some quotes on the “ridiculous comments” charge
    who cares what strangers think dude..
    Useliteski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #278700
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Not sure if impeachment over SCOTUS nom is the right look.

All for a second impeachment, just dont think that's the charge to go after.