Gorge Traveling Tips - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
shafe_41

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Gorge Traveling Tips

Ok... So much to my dismay, I'm not attending any of the caravan stops this summer as I saw the boys close out the summer at Wrigley Field. I mentally prepared myself for this and I've come to terms with it. So what do I do this summer? Plan for next summer of course. With that said... I ask everyone for their input and suggestions that answer my question. So here goes...

Next summer, I plan on going big and traveling out to The Gorge. I'm from PA but live in WV. Anyone I would be traveling with would likely be from PA as well. So I guess my question is what kind of plans as far as flights (like where to in WA and then how to get to the Gorge), rental cars,, distances, hotels, etc... am I looking at trying to get to the Gorge from the middle of PA? Now whoever answers or throws in their input doesn't have to be in my shoes, but if you are/were... great. Any input and information for this would be greatly appreciated as this would be the biggest thing I've ever planned out by myself. If someone also wants to throw in their input about how much it would run based on maybe their past experiences, that's great too! Thanx!
shafe_41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
    avsfan
    YO!

Shows Seen: 121

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Gorge Traveling Tips

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shafe_41 View Post
    Ok... So much to my dismay, I'm not attending any of the caravan stops this summer as I saw the boys close out the summer at Wrigley Field. I mentally prepared myself for this and I've come to terms with it. So what do I do this summer? Plan for next summer of course. With that said... I ask everyone for their input and suggestions that answer my question. So here goes...

Next summer, I plan on going big and traveling out to The Gorge. I'm from PA but live in WV. Anyone I would be traveling with would likely be from PA as well. So I guess my question is what kind of plans as far as flights (like where to in WA and then how to get to the Gorge), rental cars,, distances, hotels, etc... am I looking at trying to get to the Gorge from the middle of PA? Now whoever answers or throws in their input doesn't have to be in my shoes, but if you are/were... great. Any input and information for this would be greatly appreciated as this would be the biggest thing I've ever planned out by myself. If someone also wants to throw in their input about how much it would run based on maybe their past experiences, that's great too! Thanx!
    www.toupstown.com/gorge
    there is a ton of info there. if theres anything else you need, feel free to ask

edit: most people fly into seattle as theres more to do there if you have time.

i dont know what it is, but everytime we get back here. this is our favorite place to play...... D.J.M 8.31.02
    http://www.facebook.com/dmb41
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17880535/alpine_seating.pdf

Last edited by avsfan; 05-03-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    avsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
    seekup41nancies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

What Jim said, and come on over to the Gorge thread! It'll be my 1st Gorge trip too!
    Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
    shafe_41

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Thank both of you!!! I'll def. be checking this stuff out.
    shafe_41 is offline   Reply With Quote