***Official Nassau Coliseum Thread*** - Page 32 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #931
DmbNuNu
proudest monkey

Shows Seen: 120

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Nassau Coliseum Thread***

I took professional pics of DMB @ in the photo pit at the Nassau show. Just wanted to share them. Check them out here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2805389...7625308886820/
DmbNuNu is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #932
    junior93

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DmbNuNu View Post
    I took professional pics of DMB @ in the photo pit at the Nassau show. Just wanted to share them. Check them out here.

awesome shots, thanks for sharing!
    junior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #933
    eric1234

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Downright jealous of your seats (or stands as it happens) , we were seated all the way up on the ceiling
    eric1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #934
    dmbNY8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DmbNuNu View Post

Beautiful photos...did you require a special press/photographer pass? I wanted to bring my camera but I figured no way they would let me bring an SLR in when the ticket said 'no cameras'. My lenses are probably not fast enough for that environment anyway I guess...what kind of camera/lenses did you use?
    dmbNY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #935
    dmbNY8

My Tour Central Stats

I was @ the show. I thought the show was excellent...great energy from the band (almost always the case I guess). I see them about 1x a year on average, so setlist repeats,etc, are not an issue w/ me. I was happy w. the songs played and how they were played.

I was kind of surprised at the crowd size....w/ Nassau Coliseum being what it is and the MSG shows coming up, I expected this to sell out slower than most shows, but still expected a sellout. But, when I saw commercials for the show during Islanders telecasts leading right up to the show, I knew there were still unsold tix. I did have the best seats I've ever had for a DMB shows though...very close right beside the stage. It felt very intimate.

Last edited by dmbNY8; 11-06-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    dmbNY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #936
    Giannis

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

The show at The Colisseum was my first DMB show and probably the last. Not because I haven't had a good time, but because I live in Greece. When the Fall 2010 Tour was announced I was very happy to see that DMB will play in NY because I had already arranged a one month trip to the city, so I bought a ticket for the Long Island show. I never thought that I would see DMB live because here in my country (and Europe generally) aren't so famous as in the States, so I was lucky enough to combine this great trip to NY with some concerts like DMB, Roger Waters, Muse and others.

The concert is one of the best I've ever attended! Although I have many songs from DMB that I wanted to hear, I managed to see live #41, Satellite, I'll Back You Up, Warehouse, Ants Marching, Sister and the great cover of All Along The Watchtower. I wished for Two Step but you can't have it all. Only the fact that I attended a DMB show was enough for me!

You are very lucky to enjoy bands DMB so many times in a year. If I knew the Fall Tour dates I would have stayed for a week more to see the MSG shows also but my airplane tickets couldn't be changed

But as I told before, attending finally a single DMB show, was an experience that I'll always remember

Cheers
    Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #937
    yankeesdrummer

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

all i've been listening to over the past few days since the show is the boot from the show. this was, in my mind, like a greatest hits show. im just ridiculously in love with the set.
    yankeesdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #938
    schnip102

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Trying to clean out some space in my house, so I am going through some old DMB shirts
    I am still a fan, so I am keeping a whole lot
    please send your offers (max will get it, if same offer, first one in gets it), but I will not accept anything less than $20 (not worth it for me), also if you have some rare dmb stuff I will be willing to trade straight up. Only willing to meet on Long Island and Penn Station
    below is the list of shirts... (let me know which one you are interested in) - can send more pictures

Summer Tour 1997 - XL
    Summer Tour 1999 - L
    Winter Tour 2000 - L
    Year Shirt 2000 - L
    Summer Tour 2000 - M
    Spring/Summer Tour 2001 - L
    Winter Tour 2002 - L
    Spring Tour 2002 - M
    Dave & Tim Acoustic Tour 2003 - M
    Central Park 2003 - L
    Winter Tour 2005 - L
    Randalls Island (Island Getaway) 2005 - L
    Summer Tour 2005 (Stand Up Logo) - L
    Summer Tour 2005 (Eagle Logo) - L
    Summer Tour 2006 - L
    DMB Bubble Shirt - XL
    schnip102 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #939
    dmband414

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbNY8 View Post
    I was kind of surprised at the crowd size....w/ Nassau Coliseum being what it is and the MSG shows coming up, I expected this to sell out slower than most shows, but still expected a sellout. But, when I saw commercials for the show during Islanders telecasts leading right up to the show, I knew there were still unsold tix. I did have the best seats I've ever had for a DMB shows though...very close right beside the stage. It felt very intimate.
    new york city is obviously a huge market for dmb and not only was it not "sold out" in the literal sense, but the arena was totally empty. less than half of each 300-level section filled on average, and even some 100-level sections with a prime sight line had less than 50%... seems like at a venue less than an hour from manhattan youd get a bigger turnout. maybe because it was a weekday?
    dmband414 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 AM   #940
    Giannis

My Tour Central Stats

At the tour page of ants marching, it rates the Uniondale show in terms of "Rarity" as 7/7... I can't understand... does this mean that Uniondale was the most rare of these 7 shows? Or that is the least rare?
    Old 11-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #941
    dmband414

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    At the tour page of ants marching, it rates the Uniondale show in terms of "Rarity" as 7/7... I can't understand... does this mean that Uniondale was the most rare of these 7 shows? Or that is the least rare?
    Least. Most rare would be number 1

Makes sense it was a pretty stock selection of songs but great show
    dmband414 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #942
    Giannis

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HTils08 View Post
    Least. Most rare would be number 1

Makes sense it was a pretty stock selection of songs but great show
    Ok thnx. Well, for my first DMB show I preferred a bunch of usual setlist selections than some rarities. If I am lucky and see them again in the future of course I'll choose a more rare setlist
    Old 11-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #943
    04calcondon
    ChiBampa

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

from http://cmcondon.blogspot.com

Did you go to a Dave Matthews Band show this year? Maybe it was more then one? Well I would love to hear from you!

The idea is to put together a fan book, where every show of 2010 is covered. 200-750 words (not a strict limit, just so we can fit all the accounts in the book) about your experience. Include what you did for tailgating, or post show if you want. Let us know why the show was special to you, or maybe why it fell a little short. Funny things that happened to you, people you met, your favorite song, the biggest surprise.. etc. If you have pictures with yourself in there, or just great shots of the band, feel free to include it.

The format idea:

The chapters will be each show. The chapter will start with the show name, a picture of the venue or the band playing at the venue and a setlist. Following that will be the fan accounts and a page or three of pictures from each show.
    Include your age if you would like to show the eclectic crowd DMB has. Include the amount of shows you have been to, and what show number that particular account is referring to.

If we can get this going, my goal is to get every show of 2010, bind it and send it to anybody who sent me their stories and then start spreading the word that it exist. Maybe someday it will reach the band. Thanks.

Send to cal.condon@gmail.com