Official Deer Creek 2005 thread - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > DMB Past Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #61
kgiles21

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Deer Creek 2005 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak_a_Tak
hmmmmm,...I'm not sure, but I don't think it's off of 146th. How I get there is up north 69 past the exit for deercreek to exit either 13 for hiway 14 or exit 14 for hiway 13 (I can't remember which it is) Head west about ¼ miles and then take the first left. Head back south aboout a half a mile and its there on the right. It takes about five minuets to get into deercreek from there going the back roads.
ok.. i think i know where are you are talking about...

Let me ask everyone a question what would you like to see ina campground? Is it the threat of security that people do not like VWMC???
Just curious...
--Kyle
kgiles21 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #62
    kgiles21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyedfish65
    I was checking the prices for the camps listed above and they were a little exspensive for the budget im going on. Do any of you know anywhere cheaper within like 15 miles of there? Thanks
    Hello,
    This may be a personal question but what is your budget price?
    --Kyle
    Old 03-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #63
    pfaffy41

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Kyle,
    In somewhat of a response to your question, I have camped at the VWMC for two years now. In 2003 the place seemed pretty packed, and the larger group of people that I camped with showed up earlier than my friends and I, and had set up camp right in front of the entrance, and it was that year that many of the people I was with got underage drinking tickets. Yes, I know that it's their fault, and I'm sure it didn't help that there were high school girls with one part of our group who looked like they were 15 (not my choice) but it just ended up being a huge hassle, and many people after that were skeptical of returning. But there were some of us who still went back last year, our group was a bit smaller, and it helped that they're weren't any of us who looked completely underage. Anyway, we didn't have any problems last year, but the place just seemed so empty last year in comparison to the year before.
    In fact, I've been trying to figure out how to get all the people I go with to camp somewhere else, but I think they are comfortable with the familiar, so I assume I'll be camping at VWMC again.
    We didn't have any problems last year though, except for the fact that the ice truck parked right by where we were set up all day for both days we were there. Other than that minor annoyance, we had a fabulous time and I can't wait for June to get here, so I can spend another AMAZING weekend hanging out with my friends and seeing DMB....!
    pfaffy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #64
    kgiles21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pfaffy41
    Kyle,
    In somewhat of a response to your question, I have camped at the VWMC for two years now. In 2003 the place seemed pretty packed, and the larger group of people that I camped with showed up earlier than my friends and I, and had set up camp right in front of the entrance, and it was that year that many of the people I was with got underage drinking tickets. Yes, I know that it's their fault, and I'm sure it didn't help that there were high school girls with one part of our group who looked like they were 15 (not my choice) but it just ended up being a huge hassle, and many people after that were skeptical of returning. But there were some of us who still went back last year, our group was a bit smaller, and it helped that they're weren't any of us who looked completely underage. Anyway, we didn't have any problems last year, but the place just seemed so empty last year in comparison to the year before.
    In fact, I've been trying to figure out how to get all the people I go with to camp somewhere else, but I think they are comfortable with the familiar, so I assume I'll be camping at VWMC again.
    We didn't have any problems last year though, except for the fact that the ice truck parked right by where we were set up all day for both days we were there. Other than that minor annoyance, we had a fabulous time and I can't wait for June to get here, so I can spend another AMAZING weekend hanging out with my friends and seeing DMB....!
    Thank You!
    Verry understandable though.. I think one reason that it looks so bare is because it really is a big place to camp.. That was one reason that I really like to camp there is because it is not cram packed. But, I am the type of perosn that does not get into the huge party scene. To each his own I guess. I do appreciate the feedback.
    Cheers,
    --Kyle
    As it gets closer I will ecplain what our camp set up looks like and hopefully we can have a gathering after the shows because this will the first year that I have had to work the shows instead of enjoying them!
    Old 03-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #65
    bigeyedfish65

Shows Seen: 88

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kgiles21
    Hello,
    This may be a personal question but what is your budget price?
    --Kyle
    I was looking for something like $20 per site. Not like $35-$40 per person. I think thats a little high. But if I have to, I will go ahead and reserve a spot at one of the places you mentioned above when it gets a little closer to the show.
    Old 03-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #66
    kgiles21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyedfish65
    I was looking for something like $20 per site. Not like $35-$40 per person. I think thats a little high. But if I have to, I will go ahead and reserve a spot at one of the places you mentioned above when it gets a little closer to the show.
    The VWMC campground goes by carload. So the more people you have the less expensive it is for you. Im pretty sure that all the other campgrounds charge per person. I will be finding out how much the camping is this year for VWMC shortley.
    Cheers,
    --Kyle
    Old 03-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #67
    MovinWINE2TEARs
    i was a monkey

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

welllll, if anyone ends up needing a place to stay after the first night- i live a 25-30 minute straight shot down I-69 to DEER CREEK. and my back yard is an excellent campground, complete with fire pit. and by anyone, i mean a handful of people. preferably people who truly are in need of a place to stay. anyway, i just figured since i have the means, i should use them. blah go ahead and email me

hyperzoid6@aol.com

I love Deer Creek.
    MovinWINE2TEARs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #68
    bigeyedfish65

Shows Seen: 88

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone know if lakeside is still open? They havent updated their site since 2003. I would camp there in a heartbeat since its cheaper and theres a nice lake. Thanks

Last edited by bigeyedfish65; 03-06-2005 at 08:53 PM.
    bigeyedfish65 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #69
    stlbrotherchaos

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Anybody know of any decent hotels near the Deer Creek show? Something decent (no dumps!) Let me know, we are bringing the guitars!
    Db
    stlbrotherchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-07-2005, 03:46 AM   #70
    Tak_a_Tak

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Let me ask everyone a question what would you like to see ina campground? Is it the threat of security that people do not like VWMC???
    Just curious...
    --Kyle
    I don't really have anything against VWMC. We just started going to Glowwood about three years ago because on of the guys going with us liked it out there. Now there are a group of us that meet up there every year. Some of these people I only see the weekend of dmb.
    vinyl collection
    Tak_a_Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-07-2005, 05:37 AM   #71
    wiebrod
    Go Hawks!

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stlbrotherchaos
    Anybody know of any decent hotels near the Deer Creek show? Something decent (no dumps!) Let me know, we are bringing the guitars!
    Db
    I'm also looking for any decent hotels so if you find any let me know and I'll do the same. I'm not familar with the area so I'm trying to look up possible places, I'll let you know if I find some.
    wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #72
    rncarter21
    #40!!!! 6/3/06

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ok.. i think i know where are you are talking about...

Just curious...
    --Kyle
    I think it has to do with the prices and the fact that it's not really camping. What I mean is your out in a field. I like to camp in the woods with trees all around. Glowood is perfect in my mind as far as camping goes. We don't have any security bothering us or even walking through. About once a night we will see a cop car drive through and that is it. In the 3 or 4yrs I have been there we have never had any security issues our there. Everyone is really nice and it is cheap to stay there. I think it's like $8 or $10 a night.
    Old 03-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #73
    Tak_a_Tak

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rncarter21
    I think it has to do with the prices and the fact that it's not really camping. What I mean is your out in a field. I like to camp in the woods with trees all around. Glowood is perfect in my mind as far as camping goes. We don't have any security bothering us or even walking through. About once a night we will see a cop car drive through and that is it. In the 3 or 4yrs I have been there we have never had any security issues our there. Everyone is really nice and it is cheap to stay there. I think it's like $8 or $10 a night.
    Oh what do you know ya cheep bastard?

Don't be giving out too much info about our little spot, next thing you know it will filled up and we won't be about to get a spot!

YEGGARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
    vinyl collection
    Old 03-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #74
    nddavefan
    F Tucker

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Lakeside was the shit last year. Very nice place to camp and cheaper than most. Plus you get free shuttle rides.
    nddavefan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #75
    wiebrod
    Go Hawks!

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

I hear there is no tailgating allowed at Deer Creek like there is at other venues, if this is not true let me know, but if it is true then what options are available to do beforehand. A group of us are making the trip here instead of Alpine and part of the experience for us is the tailgating before hand and drinking a few beverages, and we would like to make this as much fun as we can so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #76
    Tak_a_Tak

My Tour Central Stats

I've never had much luck tailgating out at deercreek. A few years ago the gates were not open yet and we just wanted to sit in the car and hear some of the new songs but they wouldn't let us. They told us we had to get out of the car and go inside. We told them the gates were not open yet, but it didn't matter they said go wait in line then. To top it off, we were not even drinking.

As far as other options, I don't know what else you can unless you can find someone at one of the campgrounds to hang out with before the show. Sometimes that's hard to do 'cause if you're not paying to stay there a lot of them won't let you come in.
    vinyl collection
    Old 03-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #77
    rncarter21
    #40!!!! 6/3/06

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh what do you know ya cheep bastard?

Don't be giving out too much info about our little spot, next thing you know it will filled up and we won't be about to get a spot!

YEGGARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

YEEEEGGGGGGGAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! !!!!

Sorry about that man! I'm a freaken moron at times!

Old 03-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #78
    dmbfan100

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

So,, do you have to reserve a spot in order to camp out at any of these campgroud locations?? or can you just show up?? And how much would it be for two people to stay at this VWMC(or any other site)?? Thanks
    Old 03-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #79
    kgiles21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've never had much luck tailgating out at deercreek. A few years ago the gates were not open yet and we just wanted to sit in the car and hear some of the new songs but they wouldn't let us. They told us we had to get out of the car and go inside. We told them the gates were not open yet, but it didn't matter they said go wait in line then. To top it off, we were not even drinking.

As far as other options, I don't know what else you can unless you can find someone at one of the campgrounds to hang out with before the show. Sometimes that's hard to do 'cause if you're not paying to stay there a lot of them won't let you come in.
    Yeah the lots are not a good place to chill even if you are not drinking. With some of the issues we havea had at other shows we want to make sure we get all the fans into the venue safley.
    You do not have to pay to walk into the VWMC campground to see or meet up with people.. That would be a great place to meet up before and after the show..
    --Kyle
    Old 03-08-2005, 07:56 PM   #80
    kgiles21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfan100
    So,, do you have to reserve a spot in order to camp out at any of these campgroud locations?? or can you just show up?? And how much would it be for two people to stay at this VWMC(or any other site)?? Thanks
    You do not ahve to reserve a spot at the VWMC campground. I am unsure of the price but we charge by the carload not per person. I am 99% sure that all of the other campgrounds charge per person. But, once again I am unsure of the prices.
    --Kyle| Did I post any good info here?
    Old 03-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #81
    BurbonSong
    Tables turned again...

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Is anyone doing Bonnaroo and leaving early for Deer Creek?
    BurbonSong is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #82
    kgiles21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wiebrod
    I hear there is no tailgating allowed at Deer Creek like there is at other venues, if this is not true let me know, but if it is true then what options are available to do beforehand. A group of us are making the trip here instead of Alpine and part of the experience for us is the tailgating before hand and drinking a few beverages, and we would like to make this as much fun as we can so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    There is no tailgating at Deer Creek. Most of the campgrounds are within walking distance though. If you would choose to camp at the VWMC campground it is on the property of the venue and literally right at the back of the lawn..
    --Kyle
    Old 03-09-2005, 05:32 AM   #83
    dmbfan100

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You do not ahve to reserve a spot at the VWMC campground. I am unsure of the price but we charge by the carload not per person. I am 99% sure that all of the other campgrounds charge per person. But, once again I am unsure of the prices.
    --Kyle| Did I post any good info here?
    yes, thank you
    Old 03-09-2005, 11:22 AM   #84
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BurbonSong
    Is anyone doing Bonnaroo and leaving early for Deer Creek?
    I am!
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2005, 05:35 AM   #85
    dmbfan100

My Tour Central Stats

are there lawn seats in noblesville? I looked at a seating chart and I couldn't tell.THanks
    Old 03-10-2005, 06:04 AM   #86
    kgiles21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfan100
    are there lawn seats in noblesville? I looked at a seating chart and I couldn't tell.THanks
    Yes we have laws seating. The lawn seats around 18,000 people...
    Old 03-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #87
    sykadelx

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

If you don't camp and walk to the venue, your not taking it to the max. Camping at this venue is a must.

check it out

http://www.sykproductions.com/dave/06_20_04_index.htm
    sykadelx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2005, 03:23 PM   #88
    watchtower08
    heavy as stone

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sykadelx
    If you don't camp and walk to the venue, your not taking it to the max. Camping at this venue is a must.

check it out

http://www.sykproductions.com/dave/06_20_04_index.htm
    some people dont like to take it to the max......
    watchtower08 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #89
    Tak_a_Tak

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by watchtower08
    some people dont like to take it to the max......

vinyl collection
    Old 03-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #90
    Vogt_51
    The Dude

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pfaffy41
    and I'm sure it didn't help that there were high school girls with one part of our group who looked like they were 15 (not my choice)

ole pfaffy, why do you keep telling these fibs, i happened to venture out of that tent holding those 15 year olds about 2 minutes before the police showed up. and i almost walked into the tent while everyone was gettin tickets...
    And another thing that might have garnered some attn. was when the reporters came and talked to all the underage kids and vitz was hittin on the newslady and grabbing her ass.....
    Vogt_51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    deer creek , summer 2005