***official citi field thread*** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #61
Silverman1
Mr. Walking Man

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***official citi field thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEmilyNYC View Post
Ok, where's last year's Jones Beach crew? Y'all better be coming!!
Probably will be at Citi for at least one night. Definitely wanna do both nights at SPAC this year though. We'll see what my budget looks like. Would love for a Jones Beach N2 Tailgate reunion though.
Silverman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #62
    adsheppa

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all. I'm wanting to head to these two shows this summer and want to ask everyone's opinion. I'll be coming from NC. Where close to the stadium could I stay? Also, what type of ticket should I go for? GA would be neat but I don't really want to deal with wasting Friday and Saturday to get a spot when I could go see the city. I was in NYC in summer 2008. I got engaged in front of Statue of Liberty while I was there, so it will be my fiancé and I's first time back. We really didn't get to see much of the city, we were only there for about 15 hours. I'm also a big Mets fan. Sorry to ramble on, just looking for some suggestions. Thanks!!
    adsheppa is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #63
    wildbill79

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

There's plenty of hotels nearby in flushing, or u could spend a couple of extra bucks and go to the marriot marquis in midtown and get a times square sweet that's what I did for the garden back in april. If u got time get a cab down 2 south street in seaport, hit up a ferry ride that takes u around the city and its surrounding monuments, something I also did the day of the garden. U can get a bite @ unos upstairs while ur waiting. Walking thru the park is always a good time, check out the zoo, strawberry fields, and the great lawn which held in what some circles believe to b the greatest live performance ever. Or u can stay local and go to astoria park a family friendly community park w a great lawn of its own, tennis courts, basketball courts along w chess & domino tables. Walk the water front and enjoy views of the robert f kennedy bridge(formerly known as the trib) along w the nyc skyline these 2 images r found on mst mets logos.
    wildbill79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #64
    krecster23
    Kevin

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Pretty sure I'm gonna hit up these shows, I enjoy the stadium shows.

So how is the general area where the stadium is and the surrounding area for that matter as well??

2022Tour: Mansfield, Hartford, Alpine, SPAC, and Gorge
    krecster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 AM   #65
    bots444

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I think im gonna hit up these shows as well. I was thinking about doing both nights...one VIP tho and one GA. I think that way I will get the best of both worlds with the show.
    bots444 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #66
    CaffeineQueen
    9/4/16 - Never Forget

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippinHAYDENs View Post
    Times Square is around 40th-44th St and Penn Station is 33rd so its a quick & easy walk to Penn Station. From there you can hop on the LIRR and take it right to Citi Field (i believe, i'm not a Mets fan so i never go to Citi Field but i believe thats correct).

Yea i live in NJ so i'll be traveling by trains the whole weekend. Plus i lose my license tomorrow morning for DUI (most likely 7 months) so i wont be driving there. But just look online at something like hotels.com or orbitz (although be careful booking through them because if something happens and you want to cancel the room you wont get your money back as opposed to if you book straight to the hotel).

I am always going in the city for work (ticket broker) but most of the hotels i have to drop stuff off to are pretty nice hotels and prob not cheap. I'm sure you can find something for a decent price in the city, not sure how nice it will be, or you can always just take the train into NJ and stay at a hotel somewhere. In Newark there is a walkway attached to the train station that has a Hilton (i believe its a Hilton) right there so you never have to walk outside from hotel to train station so thats always an option as well. Newark is a really short train ride from the city and trains run to and from the city through there quite often.

That might be a better option because finding something in the city for under $160 a night is prob going to be really tough. You're prob going to pay around $175-$200 a night (at least) for something in NYC but the Hilton in Newark attached to the train station prob cost around $100 a night. Plus the Hilton is at least a decent hotel chain and not some sleezy, run down, cheap hotel.
    yeah, I think if I stay around I'm going to try and avoid trains all together. I'm only like a 1 and half hour train ride away, but I don't know if I want to deal with the scurry of making sure I catch a train in time. It will be probably be cheaper to just go home each night, $16 round trip, but depends on who else I can get to come with me.
    Old 01-27-2010, 06:31 AM   #67
    Groogrux King

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

There seems to be a few really cheap hotels (around $99) in Long Island City Queens for the July 16/17 shows. Long Island City has Lots of lawyer/doctor types living in the nice high rise buildings around there and the N/R train which takes u to the 7 train in about 1 stop runs through it. Plus there is a really nice park in LIC that overlooks the whole Manhattan Skyline.

Last edited by Groogrux King; 01-27-2010 at 06:32 AM.
    Groogrux King is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #68
    bots444

My Tour Central Stats

does anyone have any idea what that VIP package entails? I saw the post on the warehouse, but i wanna know where the VIP seats are (im assuming they are pretty decent) and if that preshow buffet includes booze. It should with a price tag of $275. Does anyone have any info on this?
    Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #69
    chrisquinn

My Tour Central Stats

I have a question. I'm new to buying tickets for shows and I plan on making this weekend my first to Dave shows ever. What are the prices like for seats, and which is the best way to go about buying them?
    chrisquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #70
    dmbworld411

Shows Seen: 164

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Well since it's in NY who do you think some of the guests will be? There are always guests at NY shows.
    Twitter.com/billDMBmarcario
    dmbworld411 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #71
    MsEmilyNYC
    Dreaming Tree Hugger

Shows Seen: 91

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbworld411 View Post
    Well since it's in NY who do you think some of the guests will be? There are always guests at NY shows.
    No guests at Jones Beach last year.

But who knows? Any of their friends who are free, or perhaps a surprise or two.
    MsEmilyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #72
    kcentrury

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Gonna be there both nights!!! Too bad its not Yankee Stadium but whatever I'll be there.....Wonder Maybe just maybe they will play the new Meadowlands....hmmmm....and if your wondering I did hear it from a little bird just hasen't been confirmed.
    this would be epic but do you think they'd play meadowlands stadium AND citi field in teh same tour? seems like overkill for the nyc metro area.

heres hoping though in morris county!

FACEBOOK
    kcentrury is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #73
    darry2385

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcentrury View Post
    this would be epic but do you think they'd play meadowlands stadium AND citi field in teh same tour? seems like overkill for the nyc metro area.

heres hoping though in morris county!
    last spring they played at the garden and then "whatever the name of where the Nets play is" back to back
    Old 01-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #74
    dduncan6er
    Dirt Nap

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I'm thinking about hitting up N2 and I will be coming from Massachusetts. How easily accessible is the park from the highway? And what is the parking situation like?
    Old 01-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #75
    scott5510

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Parking is great for the show....(although a bit expensive) - the stadium is extemely easy to get to via highway..as 3 separate highways take you right to the front gate...
    scott5510 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #76
    daveistheman22

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisquinn View Post
    I have a question. I'm new to buying tickets for shows and I plan on making this weekend my first to Dave shows ever. What are the prices like for seats, and which is the best way to go about buying them?
    tixs for this show i believe are 85$ for ga and the lower sections, i think there doing 35$ tixs for the upper deck, the best way to get tixs is by getting a warehouse account and requesting them(though for a show like this, night 2 will probably go to long-time members) or getting on livenation the min these tixs go on sale cuz its a livenation event
    daveistheman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #77
    daveistheman22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    greg allman would be sweet, seeing him at msg was insane

or maybe warren haynes, a little cortez?
    Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #78
    bots444

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone found out any info on the VIP package yet? Like exactly where the seats are and if the preshow buffet includes booze? I wanted to see if i can find this out before I request those tickets.
    Old 01-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #79
    daveistheman22

My Tour Central Stats

VIP Packages include your concert ticket, access to the VIP viewing area surrounding the house mix platform for GA Field VIP ticket holders, a souvenir laminate and access to a complimentary PRESHOW dinner buffet. VIP Grandstand Seating will also be offered. The cost per VIP Package per person/per show is $275.00 plus applicable convenience and handling fees - Warehouse members may request up to 4 VIP Packages for each show.

whatever that even means
    Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #80
    Lch5027

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Okay so I'm definitely going to try to make it to N2 and I have a question for any WH members on here. Considering the number of shows I want to try to make it to this summer and the little amounts of money I have, I'm probably going to be sitting in the $49.50 upper deck seats. I've never been to a stadium show so I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to request WH seats in those sections or just wait until the public pre-sale. Can anybody shed any light on the situation?

Lch5027 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #81
    bots444

My Tour Central Stats

I got word from one of my friends that said they did one of those preshow buffets, and they did not include drinks. So therefore I don't think those tickets are worth the price tag. I will try my luck with Warehouse tickets for one night and just buy the GA tickets for the other night. I think it would be more fun to get blasted out in new york city before the concert anyway.
    Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #82
    dmbworld411

Shows Seen: 164

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bots444 View Post
    I got word from one of my friends that said they did one of those preshow buffets, and they did not include drinks. So therefore I don't think those tickets are worth the price tag. I will try my luck with Warehouse tickets for one night and just buy the GA tickets for the other night. I think it would be more fun to get blasted out in new york city before the concert anyway.
    No drinks....def not worth it. I will be hangin out somewhere in the 300 or 400's level relaxing and not dealing with the GA. I'm not gonna go to a show to push and shove just not worth it anymore plus if your on the floor you can't get to the Beer Garden in center field lol
    Twitter.com/billDMBmarcario

Last edited by dmbworld411; 01-28-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    dmbworld411 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #83
    dmbncsu
    "Respect the lei."

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Thinking about making the trip up to Citi Field. Would be a 8 hour ride but I could find things to do to keep me busy. Trying to get a show on the weekends that could work out for me and this seems like the best one.

Any info will help, like hotels, bars , and etc. First trip to NY. I know its sad but true.
    Old 01-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #84
    IlovemyGranny41

My Tour Central Stats

I DIDNT EVEN THINK OF SHAKESHACK!!! yesss!!! I totally forgot about that! What a perfect night. Is anyone doing VIP? And where is the Grandstand seating, is it any good? I got both nights GA so far. What do you guys think are the best seats @ citi field?
    IlovemyGranny41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #85
    chumm41
    Power to stage left

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IlovemyGranny41 View Post
    I DIDNT EVEN THINK OF SHAKESHACK!!! yesss!!! I totally forgot about that! What a perfect night. Is anyone doing VIP? And where is the Grandstand seating, is it any good? I got both nights GA so far. What do you guys think are the best seats @ citi field?
    Im not waiting in line for 8 hours to run to the stage pointless and if you dont get in the first 10 rows of people your better off with reserved grandstand thats what i did .
    Old 01-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #86
    chumm41
    Power to stage left

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bots444 View Post
    Hell yes it be more fun to go out in new york city before the show. I will be at the greatest bar McSorleys in the East Village number 6 train downtown to Astor place anyone want to join feel free
    Old 01-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #87
    IlovemyGranny41

My Tour Central Stats

Goooooood Point.
    IlovemyGranny41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #88
    chrisquinn

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveistheman22 View Post
    tixs for this show i believe are 85$ for ga and the lower sections, i think there doing 35$ tixs for the upper deck, the best way to get tixs is by getting a warehouse account and requesting them(though for a show like this, night 2 will probably go to long-time members) or getting on livenation the min these tixs go on sale cuz its a livenation event
    The last part of what you said has me nervous. Do you think its going to be hard to get tickets for both nights upper deck through livenation?
    chrisquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #89
    MsEmilyNYC
    Dreaming Tree Hugger

Shows Seen: 91

My Tour Central Stats

I would imagine that the Mets private ticket site will have a sale as well prior to the Live Nation sale. That's what they've done the last two years for Billy and Paul.
    MsEmilyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #90
    nickisamazing3

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

I think mets season ticket holders get a shot at tickets before they go on sale. aka scalpers, which really sucks
    nickisamazing3 is offline   Reply With Quote