Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Come Tomorrow


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
ramlax13
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 159

Shows Seen: 6

Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

So I just pre-ordered the Vinyl on Amazon, and when I got my order confirmation it listed the album as "Leave Already" by the John Doe Ensemble. Seemed really interesting to me, possibly just a placeholder Amazon used? Or was it a placeholder the band uses?

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Screenshots attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.10.37 PM.jpg (59.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.10.58 PM.jpg (77.9 KB, 36 views)
ramlax13 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
    Slackdoodle
     
    Slackdoodle's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Location: Sittin' on the roof
    Posts: 459

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ramlax13 View Post
    So I just pre-ordered the Vinyl on Amazon, and when I got my order confirmation it listed the album as "Leave Already" by the John Doe Ensemble. Seemed really interesting to me, possibly just a placeholder Amazon used? Or was it a placeholder the band uses?

    Anyway, just thought I'd share. Screenshots attached.

    Either you Photoshopped this, or someone at Amazon's a real turd.
    Slackdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,317

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    That's weird - I just checked mine and it doesn't say that
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg Image 2018-06-05 18-01-49.jpg (79.1 KB, 27 views)
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
    ramlax13
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 159

    Shows Seen: 6

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    That's weird - I just checked mine and it doesn't say that
    What happens if you search "John Doe Ensemble" in Amazon?
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 10.01.11 PM.jpg (76.9 KB, 20 views)
    ramlax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #5
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,317

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    ^ did it, and sure enough this was the first result
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg Image 2018-06-05 21-18-13.jpg (84.9 KB, 42 views)
    __________________
    Twitter l YouTube
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2018, 12:45 AM   #6
    Gjimmy
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Posts: 380

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Very strange. I searched Leave Already and it is on amazon listed as such.

    This album and all the questions/rumors/decisions leading up to it are so bizarre.
    Gjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree
     
    Madnana's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: bkdkdkdd
    Posts: 1,157

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Leave Already definitely sounds like the follow-up album to Come Tomorrow.

    Sure, on June 8th you're all like "Come Tomorrow", but by June 29th you're like "Leave Already!"

    And look for the EP this fall: "Seriously, dude, you owe me like 4 months back rent--pay it or get the fuck out!"
    Madnana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #8
    madhatter
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Posts: 921

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Although I never saw it in the actual meta data of the album, that was how the URL for the album appeared on Amazon when they were prepping it and shortly after it was listed. I think I pointed that out a few months ago. Funny that it is showing as the actual title/band name on your order confirmation. It's definitely the placeholder Amazon used, though.
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #9
    RiotAct
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 32,648

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Madnana View Post
    Leave Already definitely sounds like the follow-up album to Come Tomorrow.

    Sure, on June 8th you're all like "Come Tomorrow", but by June 29th you're like "Leave Already!"

    And look for the EP this fall: "Seriously, dude, you owe me like 4 months back rent--pay it or get the fuck out!"
    Nice
    __________________
    Grey Street 3rd verse is back!!!!!!!!

    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #10
    madhatter
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Posts: 921

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Although I never saw it in the actual meta data of the album, that was how the URL for the album appeared on Amazon when they were prepping it and shortly after it was listed. I think I pointed that out a few months ago. Funny that it is showing as the actual title/band name on your order confirmation. It's definitely the placeholder Amazon used, though.
    Yup, here's my post from April.

    And you can still use that URL to get to the album: https://www.amazon.com/Leave-Already...4669081&sr=8-1
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #11
    bubba40
     
    bubba40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 13,040

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: Amazon Order - Leave Already by John Doe Ensemble

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Madnana View Post
    Leave Already definitely sounds like the follow-up album to Come Tomorrow.

    Sure, on June 8th you're all like "Come Tomorrow", but by June 29th you're like "Leave Already!"

    And look for the EP this fall: "Seriously, dude, you owe me like 4 months back rent--pay it or get the fuck out!"
    bubba40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram